DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scotland v Finland
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 15:51

On BBC Scotland tonight.A rare chance to see us on the council telly.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scotland v Finland
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 18:57

Scotland XI: Gunn, Ralston, Hendry, Hanley, Tierney, Robertson, McGregor, Gilmour, McGinn, Christie, Shankland.

Substitutes: Kelly, Clark, Gordon, McTominay, Adams, Porteous, Cooper, Taylor, Morgan, Conway, Jack, McCrorie, McLean, Forrest, McKenna.

Post Edited (Fri 07 Jun 18:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 20:47

Not anywhere near as direct as when we were doing well... Too much tippy tappy crap that allows teams to get into shape. Hopefully just not showing our hand... Much like Germany and England...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 20:53

Much more like it these first 5 mins of 2nd half... About the time we lose a goal

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:17

Lost a bit of direction when Andy Robertson went off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:28

Clarke subs on a keeper that isn`t coming to the Euros who ends up costing us the win. Damaging morale. Poor management
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:30

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Fri 7 Jun 21:28

Clarke subs on a keeper that isn`t coming to the Euros who ends up costing us the win. Damaging morale. Poor management

More like the ref makes a poor decision and VAR doesn`t bother getting him to look at it again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:32

When I`m in charge all friendlies will be banned. The Nations League has been great for minimising nights like this.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:33

Quote:

arpar, Fri 7 Jun 21:30

Quote:

More like the ref makes a poor decision and VAR doesn`t bother getting him to look at it again.

Regardless it was a poor piece of goalkeeping from a player who shouldn`t even be playing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:35

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Fri 7 Jun 21:33

Quote:

arpar, Fri 7 Jun 21:30

Quote:

Regardless it was a poor piece of goalkeeping from a player who shouldn`t even be playing.

If he`s not going then I agree but was unfortunate for that to go against him. Not really time for sentimental caps though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:40

The defence shipped both goals - Finland should never have got in behind like that for either chance. That back line is a huge worry for me going in to next week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:43

Quote:

PansPar, Fri 7 Jun 21:40

The defence shipped both goals - Finland should never have got in behind like that for either chance. That back line is a huge worry for me going in to next week.

My thoughts too. We looked vulnerable at the back and could easily have been a goal or 2 down at half time. The goal we conceded was very poor although I thought Gordon was a little unlucky with the pen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:48

I think most of us are in the same frame of mind regarding our back four especially the two in the middle , yes we know it is a friendly but cmon you still have to keep up your concentration , both goals were avoidable ( this seems a familiar observation )
I know you cannot play your hand in a game like this but I hope we are more direct next Week
We need to take any chances that come along too , another Area I fear we are lacking in

Post Edited (Fri 07 Jun 21:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:49

Back 3, regardless of who is there, seems to be an issue. BBC were blaming Hanley for losing the man on the first goal, but looked like it was Tierneys job to mark him, got caught wrong side and started the doubt...

Ralston, Jack and Taylor shouldn`t be near the first team, Ralston only gets in since there isn`t much option. Conway looked dangerous and certainly a different option that teams might not have much info on. But since McTominays goal against Spain was disallowed, we just haven`t seen the same spark that gave us hope...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 21:57

Ralston played ok and put some good crosses in. I am sure Porteus will start against Germany. Team were not quite at it for long spells tonight and you can hardly blame them.

Positive we will be up for it when the real action starts.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 22:31

Germany will pump us 3/4-0 in the opening game…

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 22:40

Daft time for sentimental subs tonight 🤦🏻‍♂️ Gordon should not have been brought on for a round of applause
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 00:30

Gutted for Craig - he`s been a brilliant servant for Scotland and certainly don`t grudge him one last cheerio cap.

It`s a shame the way it turned out but had we won, no one would be bothered.

I don`t know what they showed on tv but he was clearly moved by us singing his name when he came on👏🏼👏🏼

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 05:49

Did anyone else think that when we lost the penalty, Deniz Mehmet would have saved it.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 07:09

2 - 0 up against a poor Finnish team with 20 mins to go of a meaningless friendly / glorified training match - not sure when the time really would be for a sentimental last cap but who could have really expected it to go so wrong but Gordon was let down by his defence and left exposed for both of them.

It really was not a win at all costs occasion so the hand wringing over Gordon getting on for his milestone 75th and final cap is a total over reaction
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 13:30

I didn`t see it but I heard Michael Stewart was giving Steve Clark a bit of well meaning advice after the match. You can`t keep a good man down. Caused a slight tete a tete. Like his style.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 15:52

Bringing Gordon on for his farewell was the wrong decision at that time.

Fair enough with a couple minutes to go then fair enough, but with 20 odd minutes to go was the wrong call.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 16:18

Quote:

P, Sat 8 Jun 07:09

2 - 0 up against a poor Finnish team with 20 mins to go of a meaningless friendly / glorified training match - not sure when the time really would be for a sentimental last cap but who could have really expected it to go so wrong but Gordon was let down by his defence and left exposed for both of them.

It really was not a win at all costs occasion so the hand wringing over Gordon getting on for his milestone 75th and final cap is a total over reaction

100% agree.
It didn`t look like any of the players were particularly phased by the draw.
Some folk take football far too seriously.
It was a very friendly friendly. Everyone looked happy at the end, and neither the manager or Gordon looked too bothered.

It was a good time to bring him on. Nobody expected a lapse in defence and a dodgy penalty to follow. They hardly touched the ball for 80 minutes of the game. Anyone who disagrees really needs to chill out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 16:26

Despite thinking that winning breeds winning, I agree. Relax. It`s for warming the lads up ffs. If we qualify for the knockouts nobody cares about this.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 17:22

Can’t begrudge Craig Gordon that 20 mins. It was only a friendly and the performance, not the result was the important thing

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 17:44

He`s hoping to win more caps!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 17:53

I would have taken him to the euros

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 19:06

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 8 Jun 17:22

Can’t begrudge Craig Gordon that 20 mins. It was only a friendly and the performance, not the result was the important thing

That and he deserved recognition for his 75th cap and possibly the end of his international career.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 8 Jun 20:12

I`d have taken him over Clark for the squad but I`m sure Steve Clarke knows best

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net