DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Close Season Deals (Part 2)
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 02:24

continue, as other thread too long.
thanks

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Close Season Deals (Part 2)
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 09:48

Squad size should be no more than 22 including 1 or 2 younger prospects. Absolutely no need for a squad of 25 in a league where you will mostly likely play once a week for the majority of the season. If we are picking up 8-10 injuries in a season, where most are in training, then training needs looked into.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 10:15

Mehmet

Comrie
Bene
Breen
Fisher

Otoo
Hamilton
Chalmers
KRH
Todd
O`Halloran
Tod

McCann
Wighton
Kane
Sutherland

Taylor Sutherland and Andrew Tod are both going to part of the squad I am sure. So yes 16 at the moment. I can`t see us adding any forwards.

I think we need as a minimum:
- A keeper
- A left back
- Another full back (preferably that can also play on the left)
- A centre back (2 if the plan is to regularly play 3 at the back)
- 2 wide forwards/wingers

Would take us up to 22/23. Some of these could be covered by loans, but I`d hope for at least a couple more permanent signings.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 10:21

Would like Mochrie to be confirmed. I think he could play off the left and create plenty for Kane, along with Hosler on the right.

Also be interesting to see if we can get Lewis Strapp in as he’d be a good replacement for Edwards, he also has a long throw which is always handy. I remember at east end when they done is last season his throws caused all sorts of problems that day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 10:23

The lack of movement on the free agent front makes me think most if not all of our signings will be loans. If that`s the case then it really is a situation of getting the wage bill down and continuing to compete in the championship.

Could be another worrying campaign if we don`t start well or are unlucky with injuries.

Partick and raith looking like a shoe in for top two with ayr utd being the surprise package.

Hopefully I`m wrong.

But I'd like to think we enquired about logan chalmers etc. Players like him can be match winners.

Post Edited (Wed 19 Jun 10:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 10:24

If we don`t sign another couple of quality ball carrying/creative type midfielders we are going to struggle again in McPake`s system. Chalmers can retain possession well enough and Todd can play in the more advanced role, but after that we have nobody who can create chances from the deeper areas of the park
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 10:34

McPake told the Courier we lacked the creativity to help our strikers the way Lawless and Fitzpatrick helped Brian Graham at Thistle so I`m hoping that`s an area he`s looking to strengthen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 10:52

Edwards joins charlton

Owen Moffat Joins Morton

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 10:56

I would think most of the deals involving permanent players offers will be on table from numerous clubs, will be agents looking for extra money and longer contracts. Some players will have 4/5/6 offers from clubs similar to ours

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 11:09

"Would like Mochrie to be confirmed. I think he could play off the left and create plenty for Kane, along with Hosler on the right.

Also be interesting to see if we can get Lewis Strapp in as he’d be a good replacement for Edwards, he also has a long throw which is always handy. I remember at east end when they done is last season his throws caused all sorts of problems that day."

Me too, love players that are as rapid with the ball as without who take players on and open up the pitch. 2 years older so stronger and now with Championship winning experience.

A good LB is a must also

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 11:17

I genuinely think we will sign a couple of players that will surprise us. We haven`t added a board member who is an expert in international transfers/permits for nothing. I suspect we have targets in mind, and he`s been brought in to get them over the line.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 11:30

Quote:

Athletico, Wed 19 Jun 11:17

I genuinely think we will sign a couple of players that will surprise us. We haven`t added a board member who is an expert in international transfers/permits for nothing. I suspect we have targets in mind, and he`s been brought in to get them over the line.

There is next to no chance of an international transfer. Players have to be part of a national team to meet work permits regulations. Brexit has made it more difficult.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 11:35

it can help but they dont and have never had to be "part of a national team" etc. any player we would be looking at would go through the SFA exemptions panel which could be where Laing could help even if its as simple as reducing the costs of it ie lawyer fees.

from Bucuresti`s list, can add Sam Young for the moment as well.

back to the start, agree with Dave`s post on the squad size, seeing as its closed the question on the other thread about last season comparing the clubs, we were one of the higher ones.

Post Edited (Wed 19 Jun 11:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 11:45

Topic Originator: weemike
Date: Wed 19 Jun 11:30

Quote:

Athletico, Wed 19 Jun 11:17

There is next to no chance of an international transfer. Players have to be part of a national team to meet work permits regulations. Brexit has made it more difficult

Not quite as cut and dry as that. Plenty of foreign players kicking about Scottish football who have been nowhere near the national team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 11:54

Is it all to do when they started playing in this country also, rules may have changed now. For example Todorov never got a full cap for Bulgaria but has been playing in Scotland for a number of years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars For Europe  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 11:56

If Lewis Strapp is so good why is he not getting a deal at Morton?

Was he their first choice left back last season?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 12:00

Quote:

Pars For Europe, Wed 19 Jun 11:56

If Lewis Strapp is so good why is he not getting a deal at Morton?

Was he their first choice left back last season?

Strapp turned down the contract offer Morton gave to him, was their first choice LB

Post Edited (Wed 19 Jun 12:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 15:58

Paul Hanlon signs for raith rovers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 15:58

Hanlon confirmed at Rovers.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:06

Quote:

The Boss, Thu 20 Jun 15:58

Hanlon confirmed at Rovers.

3 year deal at Dads army.

People can moan all they want about lack of signings but that’s mental.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:13

James McPake: Dunfermline ‘can’t compete’ with transfer rivals

The Pars boss has already missed out on targets this summer.

James McPake has confessed he fears Dunfermline ‘just can’t compete’ with big-spending Championship rivals this summer.

The Pars have so far recruited only Chris Kane on a permanent deal following his successful loan from St Johnstone last season.

However, with four first-team players departing at the end of their contracts and six further loanees returning to their parent clubs, the Fifers clearly need to strengthen.

It is thought the East End Park side had identified the likes of Logan Chalmers, George Oakley, Scott McMann and Dylan Easton as possible targets this summer.

Dunfermline boss James McPake appears to have been frustrated in the transfer market so far this summer.

But McPake appears to have been frustrated so far in his attempts to add to his squad, with rivals Raith Rovers, Ayr United and Partick Thistle all recruiting impressively.

Without a big ‘Premiership’ club boasting a bumper budget, the Dunfermline boss believes some clubs are sensing an opportunity to land promotion to the Premiership next term.

McPake told Courier Sport: “At the minute, we can’t compete when it comes to the wages you’re hearing players are getting or that the agents are telling you other clubs are offering.

“There have been a couple of players we were interested in but we just can’t match certain teams in this league.

“Every manager would say they want to go out and sign as many good players as they can.

“In terms of the squad we have just now, when they’re all fit, I believe it’s decent enough; it’s pretty strong.

“But we know we need to add to it.

“This is a tough league, and you can see with some of the signings that have been made that there are clubs who are desperate to go and try and get out of it.

“There isn’t a Hearts or a Hibs or a Dundee United next season, and that’s the first time for a while there’s not been a team with a big gulf in their budget.

“I think that’s why a lot of teams are doing that for next season.”

Raith Rovers have recruited Lewis Stevenson, Callum Fordyce and Shaun Byrne, Ayr United have snapped up Oakley, McMann and Marco Rus, and Partick Thistle have signed Robbie Crawford, Kyle Turner and Chalmers.

With relegated Livingston undergoing a significant overhaul with eight new recruits and Falkirk agreeing deals with Ethan Ross and Dylan Tait, Dunfermline look in danger of being left behind.

With a replacement for Josh Edwards one of the pressing priorities following the defender’s move to Charlton Athletic on Wednesday, McPake and assistant Dave Mackay have identified the need to add experience to the side.

He added: “We’re not going to bring six or seven players in, just with the way it is, the dynamics of the budget and the wages other clubs are offering.

“So, we need to make sure the ones we’re bringing in are right and that they fit into the wage structure given to us by the board.

“If we don’t get the bodies in that we’re after then we’ll work with the younger players. It’s something myself and Dave have had success with before.

“The likes of Kane Ritchie-Hosler, Ewan Otoo, Matty Todd, Lewis McCann, Chris Hamilton and Sam Fisher have got another year under their belt.

“But, in my opinion, we certainly need a wee bit of experience and quality as well to help these younger ones out at certain points in the season.

“And for the depth of the squad we need to add options. We know as a club at the minute the depth of the squad isn’t enough.”

***copied and pasted from the courier***
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:16

Let`s see if we can put a positive spin on this then?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:28

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 20 Jun 16:16

There isnt one Raymie 😂 we are skint, there will be no big name signings, our last 4 signings will be young loanees
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:32

Articles like that are not exactly going to incentivise some people to get a season ticket 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:37

Looking seriously grim I`m afraid

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:40

There is no positives to take from this, infact the management team have been saying this since Allan was let go.

I fear there will be a point this season when we are in trouble and the management team just walk due to lack of backing.

They are slowly becoming more vocal about the situation
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:40

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 20 Jun 16:16

I normally try and look on the positive side of things but can`t with that interview.

It`s pretty demoralising seeing the crowds we pull in compared to other clubs in this division, along with the Lifeline money, and yet being financially unable to compete with smaller clubs for journeyman wages. McPake must be sick of having one hand tied behind his back.

I`m kind of unsure how I feel about the current strategy. Would it be better to have put a bit money into the first team squad right now, to get to the Premiership and then build an Academy, or pour it into an Academy right now that might only produce a team of Paul Allan standard players in 5 years time. Tod, Sutherland, Young, McLeod look like they might end up being decent but if we are not going to bring in experienced players to help them along, or just get other teams youngsters on loan and stop their path to the first team, then how are they going to develop?

The board must know what they are doing, I presume this wage structure is all part of the plan.

On the plus side, good we are not straddling ourselves with has-beens on expensive, long term contracts like Raith. It`ll prove costly for them if they don`t go up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:41

The danger is you end up in a negative spiral, fans lose confidence, attendances down, no momentum etc.

But equally, who`d run a football club huh? Easy to be critical when it`s other folks` money.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:41

Could always be worse. Could have grown up a Rovers fan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:46

3 year deals at this level are outrageous

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 20 Jun 16:46

Especially to injury prone 34 year olds.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:50

Quote:

Kdy Par, Thu 20 Jun 16:47

Quote:

Especially to injury prone 34 year olds.

Exactly. We’ve all seen this story many times before. Good luck to them, they’ve got an owner who’s happy to splash some coin so he can sit in the Directors box at the old firm.

Frankly, I’d rather be building what I think and hope it is our club is looking to become.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:54

Quote:

Correct, no matter who the player is, to offer anyone a 3 year deal at this level is nuts.

Older players could be injury prone or past it.
Middle aged players may perform well at this level but not step up.
Youngsters are far too big a risk at this level of if they do or dont develop.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 16:59

The club really isn`t doing anything to convince folk that we`ll improve upon last season. Preseason starts tomorrow and that should be a time for optimism but we`ve made one signing which was weeks ago.

Let`s hope Saturday brings some news on the addition front as the interviews from McPake and Mackay have been totally negative
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:00

Have we not got Fisher, KRH and Otoo on 3 year deals? A good piece of business, imo

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:02

"Let`s hope Saturday brings some news on the addition front as the interviews from McPake and Mackay have been totally negative"

I`d very much doubt that, based on the interview today? The manager`s frustration is clearly evident.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:09

No way any positive spin on that article - you’re right Raymie.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:21

Pretty depressing reading that. Just telling it as it is i suppose but also leaving no doubt that the money just isn`t being made available.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:22

Look at the positive’s! We have a great Asto turf pitch at Rosyth

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:28

What will our highly paid Chairman and CEO think of that article and the reaction to it? Wonder if he’ll actually address anything in public?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:37

Cook doesn’t care, highest earner at the club delivering a team that will be lucky to stay out the relegation playoffs.

Mcpake putting his neck on the line coming out with that statement today. Not a happy bunny and rightly so.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:39

Why would the CEO not care? Ultimately his job depends on the success of the team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:53

Doesn’t care? This forum needs to be shut down really.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:55

Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par
Date: Thu 20 Jun 17:37

Cook doesn’t care, highest earner at the club delivering a team that will be lucky to stay out the relegation playoffs.

Mcpake putting his neck on the line coming out with that statement today. Not a happy bunny and rightly so.

Way off mate, he`s a Dunfermline lad and Dunfermline fan. Attacking him like that is out of order.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:06

Quote:

KnebworthPar, Thu 20 Jun 17:53

Why? Because someone criticised the CEO? Shoosht

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:07

other teams spending silly money with some players they wanted going elsewhere, it happens in every league so either get on with it or quit then if they are so unhappy, there will be plenty managers/coaches that will work under the budget that is in place and be able to attract and sign players within it.

red-star mentioned the "lifeline", that was changed before last season at least to go towards the academy.

Post Edited (Thu 20 Jun 18:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:11

All we hear is finances are tight….is so where is/has all the money gone on?
I still think if fit the squad could finish 3/4th in the league but hey we’re skint!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:24

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 20 Jun 18:11

All we hear is finances are tight….is so where is/has all the money gone on?
I still think if fit the squad could finish 3/4th in the league but hey we’re skint!

Do you remember the season we had a year or two ago when we were in league 1? Well I don`t know if you are aware, but that season cost us £1m in losses.

Oh n this squad plus others couldn`t finish top 5 last season so I`m not so sure they`ll finish top 5 this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:24

A big chunk of money will have gone towards the development of Rosyth. When the German investors got involved they made clear it wasn`t their intention to provide heaps of money to be invested in the playing squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:27

So we’ve just lost one of our better players making us weaker and we don’t have anyone lined up? We’ve known since January Edwards would be leaving and that we need to improve our midfield and wingers. A training ground isn’t going to do us much good if we’re struggling to compete. The board have been extremely tunnel visioned with this as the team should be looked at and improved first and foremost.

This news is not going to boost the season ticket sales either. The board need to pull their fingers out as we cannot afford this season to become a disaster.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:29

You have to wonder if McPake will walk eventually because he’ll carry the can when the results are shocking. We can’t compete with the wages of Ayr? That’s outrageous with our support.

What a way to run a football club. They could potentially take us down to League 1 again.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:35

because its one man at Ayr throwing money in to it, nothing to with the "support".

"it wasn`t their intention to provide heaps of money to be invested in the playing squad."

why McArthur and the board at that time thought starting down this route and selling to investors to continue it would work is beyond me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 18:56

The reason was well publicised at the time. Money.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 19:05

Quote:

Athletico, Thu 20 Jun 17:55

Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par
Date: Thu 20 Jun 17:37

Way off mate, he`s a Dunfermline lad and Dunfermline fan. Attacking him like that is out of order.

Here we go again with the “he’s a Dunfermline fan so cant be criticised” line again 😂🤦🏻‍♂️ if the guys terrible at his job he deserves to be called out for it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 19:12

McPake seems far from impressed.

I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes etc….but he sounds far from happy.

With the current state of play we’ll be looking to avoid 9th as a goal this season.

We’re nowhere near challenging for top 4.

I wonder if he’s considering walking away??

Post Edited (Thu 20 Jun 19:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 19:23

taking the positives

This squad gave last years champions their most decisive beating of the season

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 19:24

And we have an open day on Saturday to spend our hard earned cash on strips….where will all the profits from that go since we are rookit and can’t sign decent players? I feel sorry for the management team but hey ho. Pre season hasn’t even started yet and it’s looking like a shitshow!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 19:27

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Thu 20 Jun 19:12

McPake seems far from impressed.

I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes etc….but he sounds far from happy.

With the current state of play we’ll be looking to avoid 9th as a goal this season.

We’re nowhere near challenging for top 4.

I wonder if he’s considering walking away??

I can`t see how saying what he has said in this interview is going to do him any favours, with fans, players or his board. Surely making it so clear that we can`t compete financially with other teams is going to put players in a negative mindset from the outset if they are considering coming to us. Can`t see it being the message that the Chairman and Board wants to put out either (although the chances of a clear and direct communication from them is slim, they would much rather spread their message through Chinese Whispers with a bunch of wee diddy made up Supporters Clubs it seems). It`s hardly going to make me rush down to East End Park to buy a Season Ticket.
Would have been far better to say there are positions we want to strengthen, targets identified and we are working hard to bring in guys of the required quality to improve the team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 19:29

When we released Little, Fenton, Allan and Jak I remained hopeful that this was part of a strategy to free up money for 1 or 2 signings of a decent calibre. More so the case with the sale of Edwards. But despite those wages being freed up we still can`t compete with other clubs.

I don`t want us gambling on finances again, but this is a worry.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 19:31

Quote:

Football_Par, Thu 20 Jun 19:23

taking the positives

This squad gave last years champions their most decisive beating of the season

5 of the starters are no longer with us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 20:37

Quote:

buffy, Thu 20 Jun 18:06

Quote:

KnebworthPar, Thu 20 Jun 17:53

Why? Because someone criticised the CEO? Shoosht

Because it’s full of roasters Buddy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 21:04

For Mcpake to speak like this to the press he has absolutely already made his feelings abundantly clear to the board and found those conversations frustrating.

He’s got to think of his reputation in the game and his career prospects after he parts company with the pars. He knows this season is going to be disappointing for the club and he’s making it known to all his hands are tied by a budget he’s struggling to compete against our rivals with.

I’d be surprised if he’s our manager this time next year.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 21:07

Ross took the CEO role when the club had nothing and still got questions put at him…Mr Cook is a paid general manager of the club and I believe deals with signings etc? McPake has come out with this statement and fans are not happy… so it’s up to Mr Cook to come out and speak/tell us where money is going and where the club will be in the championship next season. Raith are miles ahead of us in recruitment and marketing plus Partick etc…

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 21:37

We are going to be in a relegation battle, absolute joke

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 21:39

Well mibbe one or two KP ~ it would be boring otherwise 😂

Look at AE nae teeth or nails left and it’s only June!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 22:01

Buffy, pre season hasn’t started yet and our manager has come out and made this statement? More or less there is no money blah blah

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 22:10

I’m not bothered tbh AE. Leave it to the club and management to sort it all out.

I’d rather concentrate on booking my summer holidays than worry about the fitbaw.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 02:34

Anyone who could try spin a positive on mcpakes interview is a roaster buddy. Clubs an absolute shambles, highest average crowds since 2005 and we can’t compete with teams on wages? Insane and serious questions need asked as to where our cash is going. Certainly not on first team players anyway

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 07:25

Who’s this buddy yer all talking to ?
I mean we can be pals if ye like 😂

I’m always getting told not to worry too much about things - but I’ve not seen anyone try to defend or spin the courier article. I’d much rather wait to see what happens.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 08:45

It`s not rocket science why we can`t compete, we have replaced volunteer positions within the club (and added some) at what will likely be £150,000 +in wages, that money has to come from somewhere.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 10:57

Quote:

RMGpar, Fri 21 Jun 08:45

It`s not rocket science why we can`t compete, we have replaced volunteer positions within the club (and added some) at what will likely be £150,000 +in wages, that money has to come from somewhere.

It’s not rocket science either that we could easily be relegated from this league (again) if we don’t get some decent players through the door.

We’ve never recovered from administration but since the Germans have taken control we’ve went backwards as a club. They are playing a dangerous game. Even with a training academy. You don’t get time in Scotland to bring through decent players. If you have a sniff of a decent player they are snapped up for peanuts. We are in trouble if they think this model will work.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 11:06

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Saving say c200k pa on not signing three more players could quite easily mean finishing 8/9/10 as opposed to 2/3/4. What’s that is prize money? What’s that is less season tickets? What’s that in lower attendances ???. No cup run ?

As has been said many time before the lack of communication and info from the club in the close season has been shocking, amateurish. They should be building anticipation for the new season and all we ( the paying customers) have is a large dose of meh….

A couple of early defeats to Rovers and Falkirk and there will be hell on…

Post Edited (Fri 21 Jun 11:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 11:14

Maybe they got their fingers burned in 2021/22.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 11:17

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 21 Jun 11:14

Maybe they got their fingers burned in 2021/22.

That’s true. We had some “big signings” that season but the problem was the choice of managers. Who actually thought Grant would be a good appointment 🤔?

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 11:38

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Fri 21 Jun 11:14

Maybe they got their fingers burned in 2021/22

“ They “ might get their fingers burned again as things stand..

What an opportunity we missed in 2014.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 11:47

Quote:

desparado, Fri 21 Jun 11:06

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Saving say c200k pa on not signing three more players could quite easily mean finishing 8/9/10 as opposed to 2/3/4. What’s that is prize money? What’s that is less season tickets? What’s that in lower attendances ???. No cup run ?

As has been said many time before the lack of communication and info from the club in the close season has been shocking, amateurish. They should be building anticipation for the new season and all we ( the paying customers) have is a large dose of meh….

A couple of early defeats to Rovers and Falkirk and there will be hell on…

Post Edited (Fri 21 Jun 11:08)

That last bit definitely. Couple of early derby defeats and it’ll be toxic. Surely they know this?

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 11:49

Honestly, I`m pretty happy with this state of affairs.

I have no intention to re-enter the dark days of 2013 again. Waking up not knowing if we`d have a club - horrible. I`d take frugality and relegation battles over liquidation every single time.

The Germans are investing- but in facilities, staff and a training academy rather than the first team squad. That`s a strategic choice one that may, or may not, work, and one which we should judge in the medium to longer term. However, I`m pleased we`re sticking to that single strategic choice - investment in the infra and spending big on the first team squad is far far far too risky.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 12:13

Wotherspoon training with us today

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 12:28

Get a 3 year deal on the table for him right now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 12:31

Here we go again….summer transfer saga with Wotherspoon leveraging us against other clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 12:36

I think some more proactive communication from the club would be good, it would be good to hear more from the CEO, other management about plans for the season, training ground, matchday experience etc It would be good to hear from the investors as well, some communication might help ease some of the understandable concerns that people have.

I am not overly worried about the lack of signings but I still be expecting at least a few more quality additions (be it permanent or loans) before the first league game at least. It seems like we may be heading down the loan route for a fair few, so that will be later in the window.

Having our own academy, developing our own players for me is the `right` way to run the club, that`s what I would want the club to aspire to, even if it is difficult and requires plenty of time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 12:37

Quote:

Bandy, Fri 21 Jun 11:49

Honestly, I`m pretty happy with this state of affairs.

I have no intention to re-enter the dark days of 2013 again. Waking up not knowing if we`d have a club - horrible. I`d take frugality and relegation battles over liquidation every single time.

The Germans are investing- but in facilities, staff and a training academy rather than the first team squad. That`s a strategic choice one that may, or may not, work, and one which we should judge in the medium to longer term. However, I`m pleased we`re sticking to that single strategic choice - investment in the infra and spending big on the first team squad is far far far too risky.

And there it is in very simple terms, well said Bandy. As a fan you may not agree with it, and you have every right to do so, but this is where we are as a club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 12:42

Isn`t it interesting that a piece of information like this is immediately spun by someone as a negative? I have no idea if the manager wants to sign Wotherspoon but the fact that the club have granted him training facilities suggests there are no hard feelings about what happened last season. I think football people are much more pragmatic about how football works than fans are.

I wonder if there any other new faces at today`s training session?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 14:19

wee eck wrote:

> Isn`t it interesting that a piece of information like this is
> immediately spun by someone as a negative? I have no idea if
> the manager wants to sign Wotherspoon but the fact that the
> club have granted him training facilities suggests there are no
> hard feelings about what happened last season. I think
> football people are much more pragmatic about how football
> works than fans are.
>
> I wonder if there any other new faces at today`s training
> session?
>
>

I also got told Mochrie

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 14:33

Cheers, FP. That`s interesting! Both fit the profile of creative midfielder that McPake said we were lacking last season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 16:03

It will be interesting if any players will be introduced at the open day.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 16:30

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 21 Jun 16:03

It will be interesting if any players will be introduced at the open day.

Am i being stupid, but one of the photos hamilton is hugging a player and i dont recognize them at all

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 10:36

Lee Ashcroft released by Dundee
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 10:50

I would take him back if he is fully fit but would imagine we will have competition which heavily reduces our chances.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 11:41

off to Partick

Post Edited (Mon 24 Jun 11:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 11:48

Quote:

king lad, Mon 24 Jun 10:36

Lee Ashcroft released by Dundee

Signing for Thistle
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 14:09

Kai Kennedy signs for QOTS

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 14:20

I`ve just had a look at the Championship signings on the SPFL website and there hasn`t been a lot of activity since the last time I looked 10 days ago. Maybe there are lots of offers out or clubs are biding their time until the Premiership squads are settled. Ayr, Livi, Partick and the Rovers are still the most active although Airdrie have been recruiting to fill the spaces that have arisen in their squad. Of the players signed I`d say Logan Chalmers is one I would like to have seen in a Pars shirt.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 19:02

Raith rovers sign Kieran Freeman formerly of Dundee United and St Patrick`s Athletic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 21:57

Courier reporting that Wotherspoon back training with us. Really🤷‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 22:02

I`d take him in a heartbeat

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 22:02

I doubt he`ll be going to ICT this time.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net