DAFC.net
Home 28 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Steve Clarke
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:24

Not usually one to have a go at managers but. That early exit was down to him.

I expected more of what we did against Switzerland, but we got worse than what we did v Germany.

I think he has done well to get us to this tournament, but this is his limit I think.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Steve Clarke
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:27

We were the lowest-ranked team in the group so we shouldn`t really be surprised that we ended bottom.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:29

He has to go. Absolute shambles tonight. One shot at goal in 100 mins in a game we had to win…..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:31

Quote:

desparado, Sun 23 Jun 22:29

He has to go. Absolute shambles tonight. One shot at goal in 100 mins in a game we had to win…..

Three shots on target all competition. Embarrassing really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:31

He has to go. He done well to get us there but tactics have been a shamble
this tournament. Shankland should have started ahead of Adams, he done more in first 5 mins of being on the pitch.

Passing the ball around at a snails pace across the back line and showing no urgency what so ever in a must win game was shocking.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:34

I thought he should have played Adams and Shankland together for the last 20.Shankland did look more of a threat but that was because Hungary were committing more bodies forward at that stage as were we.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:35

Constant passing back, bad loyalty to the same front group who cannot score, we needed lyndon dukes

But scotland has to get away from 4 poor leagues and a two team domination structure
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:38

What an opportunity to qualify. Beat a team who were virtually out. Yet we absolutely shat the bed. Admittedly it looked a stonewall penalty but clutching at straws. No creativity. No positivity. Happy to keep possession without going forward.

Our record since qualifying is terrible. Time for a change.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:47

Their keeper had a very easy night. That says it all really considering the saves Gunn had to make and them hitting the post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:50

Ive been a big supporter of Steve Clarke and the work he has done but now I think he should step down and let Moyes take on the job.

Far too negative tonight in reality - I get it, wanting to avoid losing a goal, but subs came far too late.

Also, no progress from the last Euros where we arguably had a harder group…….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:55

That was Clarke`s Czech Republic, that was his 4-6-0 moment.

For the fans who travelled that game was more like a health and safety seminar than an attempt to win a football match.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:55

Tried to play grown up football against grown ups

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:57

They weren`t virtually out though Da_No_1. In fact having secured a win against us they now have a chance of getting through if results fall the right way and looking at the results they need that might well happen.
The problem with replacing Clarke is that there is nobody else who could improve us unless we go down to the foreign route which I wouldn`t be against.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:00

Away and argue with someone else mate

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:04

Absolute disgrace not to give that as a penalty. We never deserved to progress though. Dreadful campaign on the pitch. Brilliance from the Tartan Army though. A credit to the country
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:09

Negative ballocks. Gtf. We have great players, time to let them loose. Not this old tired negative shyte.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:09

Aye whatever mate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:10

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 23 Jun 23:04

Absolute disgrace not to give that as a penalty. We never deserved to progress though. Dreadful campaign on the pitch. Brilliance from the Tartan Army though. A credit to the country

He had to be offside surely? Its a stone waller if not……
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:14

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 23 Jun 23:04

Agree 100%

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:16

Watching in real time I didn`t think it was a penalty. I thought Armstrong had purposely stopped so the guy ran into the back of him. Basically tried to buy the penalty.

On watching the replay I thought it was a clear penalty!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:23

Clarke has taken us so far. Time for a change. Bring in Davie Moyes

Worst international game I’ve ever watched ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:26

Seems to be a suggestion that he was offside which is why var didn`t check th penalty claim as it was irrelevant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:28

It`s one of those, that if you are a big team against a Diddy, it`s a penalty all day long, clever play etc, but when it`s tight or you are the Diddy team, you dont get the decision...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:33

We`ve been told the system for judging offside is `semi-automated` and no flag went up so presumably he was onside.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:33

Quote:

Jeffery, Sun 23 Jun 23:16

Watching in real time I didn`t think it was a penalty. I thought Armstrong had purposely stopped so the guy ran into the back of him. Basically tried to buy the penalty.

On watching the replay I thought it was a clear penalty!

Jeffrey, there must have been an average of 20 fouls given per game for exactly that in this tournament.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:40

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 23 Jun 23:33

We`ve been told the system for judging offside is `semi-automated` and no flag went up so presumably he was onside.

Teams can play on from an offside if they have possession these days as an advantage
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:55

But why wouldn`t the assistant raise the flag after the incident if it was offside?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:57

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 23 Jun 23:55

But why wouldn`t the assistant raise the flag after the incident if it was offside?

He may have and we may have all just missed it as ref waved play on 🤷🏻‍♂️ they may not need to with the semi automated tech either. It may have been checked 10 seconds later by which point the game had moved on. A host of reasons I can think of, but sadly dont know the answer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:57

The semi automation help the bar team get to a decision quicker. It isn`t linked to the linesman as far as I understand it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:59

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 23 Jun 23:55

Because by the time he was fed the information Hungary were in possession of the ball?
There are instances when it still takes a while for linesmen to raise their flags after the offence.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 23:59

But the assistant must be told if it`s offside so he can put his flag up. It`s usually almost instantaneous.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 00:02

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 23 Jun 23:59

But the assistant must be told if it`s offside so he can put his flag up. It`s usually almost instantaneous.

Lukaku had a goal disallowed last night and it wasn`t instantaneous.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 00:04

Looks off.

No flag from the linesman.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1804989253039890817

Post Edited (Mon 24 Jun 00:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 00:11

Number 21’s left foot is playing him onside.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 00:16

The Hungary manager said `Luck in football, as in life, is important`. I wonder what he was referring to?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 00:22

Shearer and the rest of the pundits think it`s a penalty, on reflection they are probably correct.

Still not convinced we would have attempted to score it if it had been given due to health and safety reasons.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 01:03

Anyone who watched us at home to Spain, Ukraine and Denmark over the last few years will know that we are capable of much better than what we saw in Germany. The squad is similar, but the pace, creativity and confidence that I saw in those earlier games was missing at the Euros.

Credit to Clarke for steadying the ship and taking us to two tournaments, but I think someone new might get a bit more out of this group of players going forward.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 07:33

The photo of the offside looks like he’s being played on but it’s the wrong angle to make a judgement. If you go by the lines of the grass he looks offside, only reason I can see why a penalty wasn’t given.

That’s just papering over the cracks of another poor performance and wrong team selection though.

Post Edited (Mon 24 Jun 07:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: adj27  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 07:42

McGregor would probably have taken the penalty and played it back to Hanley.

Andy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 09:09

80 mins of frustrating side to side passing, not looking like a game we must win. First 45mins, I genuinely don`t think the players understood the tactics. A lot of pointing and shouting by Hendry and McGregor, players around them absolutely static. Clarke has my upmost respect and thanks for getting us to 2 Championships, but his time is up, and his comments post match were bordering on racist.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 10:28

That is the worst Scotland squad that has ever represented us at a major tournament statistically speaking and its all down to Clarke. He`s been great but the time to try something else is now. Decades old football setting up the team to not create or score goals is unforgivable. I like the guy so its nothing personal but we have been an embarrassment and he has to take the blame.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 10:37

I think football fans are generally more adventurous than coaches and managers in selecting teams and deciding tactics. It`s understandable to an extent because there`s more at stake for the professionals and they are also more aware than us of the limitations of their players. I think Steve Clarke takes it to extremes though and is ultra-cautious. I`ve seen some calls this morning for David Moyes to replace him but wouldn`t he offer more of the same? Despite his success at West Ham many fans were unhappy at his conservative style of play.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 10:47

The pen is a stonewaller. I can only assume that the semi-automated offside showed Armstrong was off hence no review of the incident itself.

That said, Clarke bringing the refs nationality into it is abysmal, and I hope he`s fined.

One thing I would add is that I thought McFadden was very good on co-commentary duty. Whilst he had a Scottish bias he called things fairly - I wish English co-commentators were the same.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 10:48

A grand total of 13 shots on target in this Euros and Euro21 shows how negative and spineless we are. Clarke got his subs all wrong last night and should have brought Shankland (or Conway) on much earlier. How Forrest never got any game time when you are looking for a win baffles me. Hungary were poor last night and were definitely there for the taking, but as usual, we lost the game in the most Scottish way possible. How many times did we get forward last night and on Wednesday, only to pass the ball back to the defenders. It was infuriating to watch. The fact we are the only British team never to reach the next stage of a major competition is an embarrassment.

I do think we seriously need to focus on our youth in Scotland, especially the old firm. When you look how far ahead countries similar sizes to us are like Denmark and Croatia, it shows there is something seriously wrong. Sadly the SFA don’t seem to do anything to fix this problem.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 10:56

Clarke is famously pragmatic and stubborn in equal measures and he`s probably sitting thinking he got it bang on. A squad depleted by injury and they`re a penalty decision away from going through. Maybe he`s right.

But it`s also hard to argue with how unadventurous we were too. I think fans could probably accept keeping it tight and going gung-ho if it was a bit longer than 10 minutes.

Ultimately these things work in cycles and I reckon it`s time for some fresh air too. He`s done an exceptional job though, let`s not forget the good times.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 11:06

So many chances to move the ball quickly between the lines and get up the pitch but it was killed dead in the water so many times with wee square balls or one-two`s backwards to whoever originally had the ball.

I appreciate you cannot go and pass through everyone all the time but aside from the left backs i`d say central midfield is by far our strongest area both in terms of quality and numbers and was a major letdown. So many times we could have been on the front foot and it was the same old `safe` pass that killed any forward momentum and allowed them to get men back behind the ball and regain their shape.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 11:15

One thing that really frustrates me about modern football is the number of times the ball is unnecessarily passed back to the keeper because an outfield player can`t see a pass that is `on`. If he can`t see one what are the chances the goalie can and be able to execute it accurately?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 11:17

I said in the first half that it looked like both teams were adopting the same strategy-keep it tight for 70 minutes and then go for it near the end.I had a feeling the last 10 could turn into a basketball match and a bit of a lottery.

If we had been a bit braver when they were sitting in it would have given us a better chance whilst obviously being aware of being hit on the counter.For us not to even muster a shot on target was criminal.I didn`t think Hungary were very good either which adds to the disappointment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 11:55

‘ and his comments post match were bordering on racist.’

True. Just imagine the controversy if Southgate had said something like that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:02

Let`s face it, it was like watching Dunfermline last season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:22

His comments about the referee were silly but it’s ridiculous people are claiming it’s racist. Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if this the main talking point now due to people claiming it’s racist and it’ll force Clarke out the door. What he was meaning was why are we not using European referees in a Euros tournament. I have to admit I was surprised when the commentator said he was from Argentina, as I thought they would select the best European referees. In the end, it doesn’t matter what country he comes from, the outcome would have been the same.

What surprises me about the penalty is why Armstrong was not booked for diving if he refused to give it. For me it was a stonewaller but we still didn’t deserve to win the game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Doves  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:41

Get in the sea with Moyes btw.

He`s also a negative manager whose knocked Scotland back before.

Nobody jumps out to replace Clarke.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:45

As much as I was raging last night I am now totally fine. In a way I`m glad we are no longer there to stink the place out. Imagine what people all over the world thought when they were watching what we served up. Get McInnes in or go down the foreign route again. It MUST change.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:48

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Mon 24 Jun 11:55

What did he say?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:50

Quote:

jake89, Mon 24 Jun 12:48

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Mon 24 Jun 11:55

What did he say?

He asked why we had an Argentinian referee at a European tournament.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:51

When asked if he had spoken to the referee, Clarke said: "What`s the point?

"He`s from Argentina. Why is it not a European referee? I don`t understand why he`s here and not in his own country refereeing a game. It`s just my opinion."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 12:55

Quote:

Doves, Mon 24 Jun 12:41

Exactly my thoughts, we won’t get anyone better than Clarke unless we go for a foreign coach. Moyes would be a downgrade.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:04

I take it you guys haven’t seen the full interview with Clarke? Seems like the bit where he says what’s the point? He probably doesn’t even speak the language has been cut out. I don’t think he’s meant anything sinister by it. He was emotional and just didn’t choose his words that well.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:27

The VAR was Spanish.Whatever you think of the decision, you can understand why the onfield referee didn`t give it without the benefit of any replays.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:42

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 24 Jun 12:51

When asked if he had spoken to the referee, Clarke said: "What`s the point?

"He`s from Argentina. Why is it not a European referee? I don`t understand why he`s here and not in his own country refereeing a game. It`s just my opinion."

He also stated there was no point in speaking to him as he probably didnt speak the language…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:43

On that para - I actually CANNOT understand why the onfield decision wasn`t a penalty. It was a stonewaller, clear as day. Exactly the type of `clear and obvious` error that VAR was implemented to remove.

That said, I`m in agreement with General Zod. It`s nice that we are no longer there to stink the place out. We were HONKING against Germany, were celebrating a draw with Switzerland, and stunk the place out v Hungary (who were also stinking).

I`m not sure changing the manager will fix it thought - bluntly, our players are just not good enough.

[IP address logged]

Quote:

RossF, Mon 24 Jun 12:22

His comments about the referee were silly but it’s ridiculous people are claiming it’s racist. Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if this the main talking point now due to people claiming it’s racist and it’ll force Clarke out the door. What he was meaning was why are we not using European referees in a Euros tournament. I have to admit I was surprised when the commentator said he was from Argentina, as I thought they would select the best European referees. In the end, it doesn’t matter what country he comes from, the outcome would have been the same.

What surprises me about the penalty is why Armstrong was not booked for diving if he refused to give it. For me it was a stonewaller but we still didn’t deserve to win the game.

Probably wasnt booked due to being offside.
[IP address logged]

Reporter: Have you asked the referee why it didn’t go to VAR?

Steve Clarke: He’s from Argentina. How would I ask him? He probably doesn’t speak the language. I don’t know. Why is he here? Why is not a European referee?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:48

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 24 Jun 13:43

Quote:

RossF, Mon 24 Jun 12:22

Probably wasnt booked due to being offside.

I`ve yet to see any evidence he was offside. I`ve paused it numerous times and it looks on to me. If only we had some sort of system that could give conclusive proof......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:58

The refereeing and operation of VAR in this tournament have been very good but here we are almost 16 hours after the end of the game and we don`t know for sure if Armstrong was offside and why the incident wasn`t referred to VAR.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 14:25

Refereeing has been fine until last night. But it would be churlish to say that it’s the reason we were so poor and flaccid going forward. That’s on Clarke.

Wouldn’t be rushing to appoint Moyes though if we want a change of style from pragmatic dullness….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 14:31

Quote:

Doves, Mon 24 Jun 12:41

What about Jurgen Klopp? 😄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 16:05

Our stats are the worst of all time. Only 2 halves of football have been played at the Euros in history where 1 team hasnt had a shot, and they were both Scotland here. We had 4 shots on target in the whole tournament, and 2 of them were Grant Hanley. We had the top scorer in the premier league sitting on the bench while Hungary brought on an overweight striker from the Korean 2nd division, but we `just don`t have the players`. He played a system to accommodate a player that`s out injured, stuck with Ralston to prove a point. Clarke is a clown, had a great purple patch starting maybe against Moldova, and ended when McTominay`s goal was chopped off against Spain, but he is done. No doubt Albania with their myriad of megastars will put in another great shift tonight and have more shots against one of the favourites than we managed in the whole tournament
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 17:01

He reminds me of our boss with him being so defensively minded. Che Adams isn`t anywhere near good enough to play up front on his own.

It was Hungary we were playing, not Brazil, we should have went with the most attacking side we could have. Yabbering on and on on about a penalty that wasn`t given (who`s to say we`d have scored with so much pressure riding on ot).

He`s a great coach and I`ve nothing but admiration for the man, but we need someone a bit more dynamic, someone who can get a better tune out of rather flat instruments.

I have no clue whomever that could be but there are plenty of countries as small (or smaller) as us that punch above their weight and at the very least, get out of the bloody group sections. It`s pretty embarrassing to be a Scottish football fan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 17:30

I thought Steve Clarke was an outstanding choice for Scotland manager - miles ahead of the usual suspects dredged up by the media.

He has been loyal to his squad, not the first manager to do it. Maybe he felt we just don’t have the forwards to play all out attack? We also lost 4 defenders, 2 who would be first picks and the replacements were limited. Something Clarke is paid to understand and get the best out his squad.

Although the game was grim, grim, grim, we were only a penalty claim away from a win and the all out attack in those last desperate minutes was always liable to lead to a Hungarian goal.

I’d keep him. No point changing the manager when we’re short of quality.

Upside? We won’t be humped by the Portugese, Croatians or whoever makes in through to the next round!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 17:40

It was a penalty, no doubt about it, but Armstrong doesn’t help the cause the way he got caught, it made it look like he was playing for the foul and on that basis I wasn’t as surprised that it wasn’t given.

The decision to go all for the goal at the end could come back at us if the other fixtures go the way we would’ve wanted them to go.

It’s been a brutal Euros, to do so well in the qualifying campaign with such intent to bottle it in a major and whimper out .

Think Clarke let the players down if I’m being honest.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 18:04

You can change horses in mid-stream, but no point changing the jockey if it’s the same f*****g horse
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 18:19

I hope he’s learned his lesson about being too loyal to players. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change of shape come the nations league games. It’s clear we’re lacking creativity and width. I wonder if he’ll finally turn to Ryan Gauld?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 19:19

Quote:

RossF, Mon 24 Jun 18:19

I hope he’s learned his lesson about being too loyal to players. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change of shape come the nations league games. It’s clear we’re lacking creativity and width. I wonder if he’ll finally turn to Ryan Gauld?

Agree. It’ll be very interesting to see what lessons he’s learnt and how he goes about the Nations League. We need 2 up front to support each other and give us a better chance of goals, younger players tried - and much more aggression and pace.

A bit like the Pars?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 19:39

Here`s the reason.

https://www.givemesport.com/why-argentine-referee-facundo-tello-is-officiating-at-euro-2024/

I wonder if Steve Clarke raised concerns, through appropriate channels of course, before the game ?

Interesting to note that Scotland lost 3-1 to Croatia at Euro 2020 with an Argie referee and linesmen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 22:55

Quote:

SeasonedPar, Mon 24 Jun 18:04

You can change horses in mid-stream, but no point changing the jockey if it’s the same f*****g horse

The horse has shown what it is capable of, but unfortunately, the jockey shat himself and pulled back the reins for 90% of the race.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Neil_Philp  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 00:07

Needed a win but played 5 at the back and left our most clinical striker on the bench?
Time for a change I think

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 07:01

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 24 Jun 22:55

Quote:

SeasonedPar, Mon 24 Jun 18:04

The horse has shown what it is capable of, but unfortunately, the jockey shat himself and pulled back the reins for 90% of the race.

The jockey saw 3 injured defenders, an untried striker and felt the rest weren’t as good as some people thought.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 08:48

We should go for a double manager/coach arrangement - Vogts and Levein would be the dream team !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 10:12

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 25 Jun 08:48

We should go for a double manager/coach arrangement - Vogts and Levein would be the dream team !!!

🤔😀😁😂

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MinnesotaAndy  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 11:05

The loss of players through injury probably led Clarke to be cautious, believing Scotland could secure 4pts with such an approach. Once out of the group phase, Clarke likely would have changed formation and tactics.

My disappointment is not seeing Shankland get more game time. He was popping the ball into the back of the net for fun last season. I feel he should have gotten 15 minutes against the Swiss and the whole of the second half against Hungary.

At the end, if McGregor had not been so quickly closed down and if he had gotten his shot away to make it 1-0, things would have been very different...

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net