DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 McPakes’ time at the club…
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 10:24

I know there’s another thread but it huge and can’t be bothered scrolling all the time.

Given what we’ve seen in pre season and especially last night.

My question is realistically IF this keeps up how much longer do you think he has got?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPakes’ time at the club…
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 10:27

Livingston - COVE - Livingston - Falkirk ... Lose all those and I think it will be time up

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 10:31

Quote:

RMGpar, Wed 17 Jul 10:27

Livingston - COVE - Livingston - Falkirk ... Lose all those and I think it will be time up

The Germans love McPake, he isn`t going anywhere.

Football was more entertaining under Allan Johnston.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 11:08

Saturday is a massive game. If we don’t have a reaction to that performance last night serious questions have to be asked of the management.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 11:13

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Wed 17 Jul 10:31

Quote:

RMGpar, Wed 17 Jul 10:27

The Germans love McPake, he isn`t going anywhere.

Football was more entertaining under Allan Johnston.

Tbf it always was quite entertaining, he just had no idea how to use subs and change a game if it wasnt going well, but in general it was exciting

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 11:27

It might not be down to the actual results but the performances that do for mcpake. If the players stop playing for him as his tactics and formations are leaving them exposed then it will be all over bar the shouting.

We won’t sack him unless we’re marooned at the bottom and I really doubt he’ll walk. More chance the board will release contingency funds to allow him to sign another injury prone player from Dundee or st Johnstone on a 2 year deal.

Will certainly be interesting to see how he gets through the next 3-4 games…

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 11:54

I actually think the manager/board take the fans for granted. Expect us to turn up in numbers week in week out regardless of what`s on show.

The manager even said in his interview, when the fixtures were announced, that we could lose all 4 cup games, get battered off Livi and there would still be a cracking crowd/atmosphere at the Falkirk game.

I do wonder if that attitude enables the manager to persist with his 3 at the back etc, as he feels the fans will turn up regardless and not put pressure on him.

For example, a lot of what he does here, he tried at Dundee and it got him hounded out there.

Either way, something needs to change be it tactics, squad or management.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 11:56

“I actually think the manager/board take the fans for granted. Expect us to turn up in numbers week in week out regardless of what`s on show.”

Definitely this.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 11:58

If Mcpake goes, so should Meggle.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 13:03

Lose on Saturday at Livi and we will be lucky to have 700 of a crowd at the home Cove game ,which will be a huge financial loss

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MinnesotaAndy  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 15:52

Last season, McPake brought in loan signings with the quality that helped save our championship status following a horrendous catalogue of injuries. We even began to make it a fist fight for 4th until the Airdrie game.

Last night`s result was unacceptable. Both Forfar goals were atrocious goals to lose and the final third was a huge let down. I expect McPake will make sure there is a reaction from the players in the Livingstone game. So I predict a Pars win and a bumper crowd at the next home game :-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 18:25

Quote:

MinnesotaAndy, Wed 17 Jul 15:52

Last season, McPake brought in loan signings with the quality that helped save our championship status following a horrendous catalogue of injuries. We even began to make it a fist fight for 4th until the Airdrie game.

Last night`s result was unacceptable. Both Forfar goals were atrocious goals to lose and the final third was a huge let down. I expect McPake will make sure there is a reaction from the players in the Livingstone game. So I predict a Pars win and a bumper crowd at the next home game :-)

But it was the same guy who kept guys like Mehmet Chalmers McCann and wighton who got us relegated the last time they were in the championship. Let`s be honest we limped to safety our loan signings were actually not great apart from the right back and MFW. Holmes wouldn`t get a game for crossgates primrose moffat wasn`t consistent enough summers played 1or 2 games then was missing for about a month let`s not start on Benjamin.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 07:54

I feel a bit bad for McPake. He is a young manager and already has a couple of promotions under his belt so he is clearly a capable guy. I think questions need to be asked of the higher ups. They seem to be hanging McPake out to dry here. is he being supported by his bosses?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 08:25

If rumours are to be believed certain players he wanted, would have improved us. However the board have set their budget and if we lose players to Ayr, Partick and Raith then that’s on the board imo.

Player wise yes I feel sorry for him because he’s obviously identified players he wanted, board wouldn’t back him and now look at the state of the squad.

On the flip side tactic wise it’s all down to him. If he can’t get a tune out of the players in the system he wants to use, he’s going to have to change the system to suit the players we have and not the the other way about.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: usurpar  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 09:12

Whilst in no way playing down the performances so far, I think that the manager, and maybe to a lesser extent the players, have some mitigation in that we haven’t had a settled team for such a long period of time. It’s an established fact that a settled team is more consistent than one whose personnel change almost every week. Players need to play together regularly to understand each other on the field, and probably more importantly, to understand the manager’s plan and tactics. So before shouting for McPakes removal we should all give him the chance to have a run of games with all that in mind.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 10:07

`But it was the same guy who kept guys like Mehmet Chalmers McCann and wighton who got us relegated the last time they were in the championship.`

That old chestnut again - when deciding on contracts the manager should have taken into account performances over a period when he wasn`t at the club rather than the evidence of his own experience working with the players. That would have been very astute management.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 10:26

usurar, while I agree that we need a settled team, we need to have our better players in correct positions. Hosler is wasted as a wingback and wasted as a central midfielder, he need to be wide on the right effecting the game positively by taking men on and getting balls into the box.

4231 is the best suited system for what we have available imo

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 10:57

There must be a fair difference in budget between us and teams like Ayr, Partick, Raith etc. For example, Ayr signed Scott McCann as their first choice left back, who played the majority of games for a title winning team last season. We signed a Kieran Ngwenya who was a bit part player at Partick. I’d imagine McCann is on a lot more money but surely we were interested in him? Perhaps Ngwenya will end up being an important player for us but McCann is the more solid, proven option at the moment. Again, our squad looks weaker than it was last season and hopefully the board will notice that, especially when McPake isn’t willing to play a lot of the younger players on the bench.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 11:30

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 18 Jul 10:07

`But it was the same guy who kept guys like Mehmet Chalmers McCann and wighton who got us relegated the last time they were in the championship.`

That old chestnut again - when deciding on contracts the manager should have taken into account performances over a period when he wasn`t at the club rather than the evidence of his own experience working with the players. That would have been very astute management.

Aye, remind me how many games Mehmet played the season we got relegated....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 11:35

...and John Hughes sent Wighton on loan to Arbroath for the second half of that season so presumably he was only 50% responsible for relegation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jaygee  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 11:44

Some good posts here, end of the day Mcpake has done reasonably well in his time here. But for the sake of his reputation and the good of the hard working fans who continue to back this club through good and bad, he needs to stand up and let all know thats he`s getting no financial backing whatsoever.
Tuesday night was a disgrace

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 11:58

all the while we are getting bids for Edwards/Otoo etc the "model" is working. As much as we would all love to see that now becoming us spening £50k-£100k for a player to then turn that into £500k in 12/18months I dont think will happen anytime soon

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 12:12

If you top the group in the cup and get a decent tie in the next round that alone would outweigh the kind of money we got for Edwards etc.I thought it would have been a bigger focus for the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 12:15

think hes lost the dressing room if thats correct need to get rid of him

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 12:18

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 18 Jul 12:12

If you top the group in the cup and get a decent tie in the next round that alone would outweigh the kind of money we got for Edwards etc.I thought it would have been a bigger focus for the club.

You would think that would have been a priority. The club’s owners are nowhere to be seen and haven’t got behind the manager pre season. The writing is on the wall for James. It’s getting closer to fans calling for his head. He hasn’t had the backing he deserves. It will be panic stations in 3-4 weeks searching for last minute loans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 12:34

"all the while we are getting bids for Edwards/Otoo etc the "model" is working. As much as we would all love to see that now becoming us spening £50k-£100k for a player to then turn that into £500k in 12/18months I dont think will happen anytime soon"

The whole point is that this is a long term strategy. I`m not saying it`s the right strategy, but we shouldn`t expect the long term strategy to pay dividends in the short term.

"If you top the group in the cup and get a decent tie in the next round that alone would outweigh the kind of money we got for Edwards etc.I thought it would have been a bigger focus for the club."

A couple of big `ifs` there. Football has a lot of randomness to it - freak results happen all the time. So even if we had invested in the first team there`s no guarantee we`d have won the the group. And if we had won the group there`s no guarantee we`d have got a lucrative tie, subsequently. Football is littered with stories of clubs `speculating to accumulate` which have gone badly badly wrong (ourselves included).

The model outlined above is a safer long term bet than `speculate to accumulate`, and the model is clearly to stick with that approach. I`m not saying it`s the right approach, but I`d rather the club pick a strategy and stick with it rather than meander all over the shop.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 12:38

We have blown a perfect chance to put ourselfs in with a chance of promotion and all the extra money and income, cross that brings with it. I always thought this would be a great season for many teams to go for it and you can certainly see what teams are doing that. We are not one of them needless to say

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 12:52

spot on Bandy but 99.9% of fans arent interested in that strategy in the first place and will never accept it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 13:06

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 18 Jul 12:18

Quote:

You would think that would have been a priority. The club’s owners are nowhere to be seen and haven’t got behind the manager pre season. The writing is on the wall for James. It’s getting closer to fans calling for his head. He hasn’t had the backing he deserves. It will be panic stations in 3-4 weeks searching for last minute loans.

You’ve just made that up BP.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 13:08

The strategy seems to be as long as we don,t get relegated all is well , but if we are heading for the seaside league do we still stick with the strategy

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 13:09

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 18 Jul 12:34

"If you top the group in the cup and get a decent tie in the next round that alone would outweigh the kind of money we got for Edwards etc.I thought it would have been a bigger focus for the club."

A couple of big `ifs` there. Football has a lot of randomness to it - freak results happen all the time. So even if we had invested in the first team there`s no guarantee we`d have won the the group. And if we had won the group there`s no guarantee we`d have got a lucrative tie, subsequently. Football is littered with stories of clubs `speculating to accumulate` which have gone badly badly wrong (ourselves included).

The model outlined above is a safer long term bet than `speculate to accumulate`, and the model is clearly to stick with that approach. I`m not saying it`s the right approach, but I`d rather the club pick a strategy and stick with it rather than meander all over the shop.

I wasn`t suggesting we throw money after a cup run but I would have expected us to have a sub keeper at least.Just getting to the next round guarantees £60k and your share of gate receipts no matter who you draw.We still have time to turn the group around though, fingers crossed-a good result this weekend will change the outlook.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 14:51

Quote:

buffy, Thu 18 Jul 13:06

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 18 Jul 12:18

Quote:

You’ve just made that up BP.

Have they been visible??? Do we have a squad in place to challenge??….Will we be looking for last minute panic loans??? Let’s no talk about another goalkeeper…embarrassing….

You keep on happy clapping Buffy 👏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 16:23

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 18 Jul 14:51

Have they been visible???

Meggle answered questions at length in person at the supporters group meeting just 10 days ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 16:39

"last minute loans" given its pre season and most teams will be getting "minutes in the legs" and gradually increasing load of senior squad a lot of early pre season games are usually a hige mix of senior pros and fringe players. This means loans are not available day 1 pre season. Additionally a manager can assess fringe players and if they will keep them or whether they will benefit from a loan etc before making a descision so a player who wasnt on radar/available 2-3 weeks ago now may well be #1 target or oppertunity for us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 16:47

And you answer with a childish response BP. Typical.

If you can’t be bothered to read my own posts on this matter then that’s on you.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 18:04

The stats are there for all to see these guys aren`t good enough at this level and he gave them all new multi year deals. He`s just as much to blame as everyone else. And we`ve signed kane who has been injured for more games than he has been available this season already. I can`t wait for the competition of what striker will be available for more games between kane and wighton. If we are going to go with small numbers which going by DM comments a few weeks ago we are. We can`t afford to have players playing 1 game and unavailable for the next few. Injuries are unfortunate but some players are more prone to injuries and we seem to have a few on our books.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Thu 18 Jul 18:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 18:11

The problem with injuries is that you can`t plan for them, so you are reacting all the time. This was evident last season. You need to be able to plan your strategy for the season within the realms of possibility. If we sign too many players who are injury prone, it can make for a chaotic season and reactionary decisions that may not be good for the players and team in general.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 18:18

Quote:

Indiapar, Thu 18 Jul 18:11

The problem with injuries is that you can`t plan for them, so you are reacting all the time. This was evident last season. You need to be able to plan your strategy for the season within the realms of possibility. If we sign too many players who are injury prone, it can make for a chaotic season and reactionary decisions that may not be good for the players and team in general.

Exactly my point so we gave breen wighton and kane all new deals who are all injury prone. When we are operating with a small squad then can we really afford to have players who are more likely to miss a good few games than potentially others.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Thu 18 Jul 18:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 21:54

There’s not being able to plan for injuries and there’s signing players who cannot even complete a pre season and have to be put on a special regiment to try and squeeze a few more games out before the next injury and shock horror they do their ankle even with this regiment.

Mcpake setting himself up here and if Kane was his top target he can have no excuses.

I assume other teams have expensive players who are not producing and injury prone such as o’hallaran but they seem to find the budget to beat us to proven championship level players when they become available.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 22:32

It was almost universally accepted on here and other forums that signing Chris Kane was a great move for us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 07:48

He`s only a great signing if he is available to play. His medical problems appear to dictate otherwise and the club have taken a huge risk when our other main striker, Wighton is in the same category. It doesn`t matter what people on here thought when we signed him. The club have taken a gamble, even though last year`s injury situation should probably have suggested we shouldn`t.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 08:14

Honestly though, who is in the best position to assess the risks? Fans on here speculating about his injury situation or professional coaches with detailed reports from medical and fitness professionals?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 10:30

Every signing is a gamble. Raith rubbed it right into us last January when they signed Ashcroft. He got injured about 5 minutes after the ink dried on his loan deal. Hardly kicked a ball.

Post Edited (Fri 19 Jul 10:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 10:46

I see Paul Hanlon, a 34-year-old given a three-year deal, is still to play a competitive game for the Rovers because of injury.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 10:56

Not sure what the reasoning behind our continuing injury worries is , i attended the open training session at the beginning of last season and came away thinking , " is that what they actually do every session ", it was more like a kick about down the park it lacked any kind of intensity and despite our lack of goals there was no emphasis on any kind of shooting or free kicks etc , we certainly don,t look any fitter than some of these part time squads

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 15:05

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 18 Jul 22:32

It was almost universally accepted on here and other forums that signing Chris Kane was a great move for us.

The "experts" on this forum all agreed on the signing!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 15:07

How many are Raith likely to sell on from their squad?

It would only be Saga Utd., that would be interested.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 15:07

Think I am one of the few on here who was not enthusiastic about signing Kane. Hope he proves me wrong.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 15:13

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 19 Jul 15:07

How many are Raith likely to sell on from their squad?

It would only be Saga Utd., that would be interested.

Genuine LOL.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 16:24

Quote:

gordi-b, Fri 19 Jul 10:56

Not sure what the reasoning behind our continuing injury worries is , i attended the open training session at the beginning of last season and came away thinking , " is that what they actually do every session ", it was more like a kick about down the park it lacked any kind of intensity and despite our lack of goals there was no emphasis on any kind of shooting or free kicks etc , we certainly don,t look any fitter than some of these part time squads

That may have been either a false session for the open training session or could be the way we train. If it is the way we train with a lack of intensity then thats probably a small factor towards the injuries we are getting - not sharp enough for the games and pick up knocks more easily.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 17:03

I`ve got no idea about Kane`s injury record, past or present but he was most definitely an upgrade when he came into the side.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net