DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Administration
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:43

Heard rumours from a couple different sources that administration is close, cashflow is a serious problem at the moment. Absolutely no money to do anything, hence the keeper situation. I`d not be surprised if it pans out this way soon.

Dreams stay with you
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Administration
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:44

Also they have asked sponsors for upfront payments for full season on the hospitality boxes. Points to have absolutely zero cash

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:45

No point in sacking everyone then, I guess?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:45

Fits the picture with everything that has been going on. The Germans must get out of our club!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:46

Didn’t we turn down an offer for otoo recently?

Surely we would be able to dispense with the likes of cook without a severance package given reduced length of service which would make a big difference to our bottom line?

Whats happened to the season ticket money? Can’t be gone already?

Post Edited (Sat 03 Aug 19:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:46

Is this part of the 7 year plan?

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:47

Admin you say? I`ll get the buckets out. Someone get on the phone to Bryan Jackson. Get Marv to run the tea room 24/7. All cash straight to the club, and definitely not the pockets of others.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:51

I’m sure AB Loyal was first to report the El Bakhtaoui return, wouldn’t surprise me if there’s some truth in this, given the way we seem to be cutting costs and have been unable to find money for a second goalkeeper.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:55

Quote:

par-91, Sat 3 Aug 19:51

I’m sure AB Loyal was first to report the El Bakhtaoui return, wouldn’t surprise me if there’s some truth in this, given the way we seem to be cutting costs and have been unable to find money for a second goalkeeper.

AB has always been a fairly infrequent but informed poster (sure I know who he is too).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:55

We need to stop paying the big bucks to the likes of Cook then! He’s completely failed in his job if this is the case (which I suspect it is)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:58

It’s all doom and gloom at the moment. With 3K + season tickets sold, a HealthyFan Zone 2024 series of games/cinema events and money for Josh Edwards we should be in a comfortable financial position? Where is this money going? We had only 2 Directors in the Box v Cove last week they had significantly more than that. It’s time for our CEO and Board to come out of hiding and be open about our financial position going forward. It certainly looks like we have thrown the management team under the bus!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:07

Quote:

Swifty, Sat 3 Aug 19:58

It’s all doom and gloom at the moment. With 3K season tickets sold, a HealthyFan Zone 2024 series of games/cinema events and money for Josh Edwards we should be in a comfortable financial position? Where is this money going? We had only 2 Directors in the Box v Cove last week they had significantly more than that. It’s time for our CEO and Board to come out of hiding and be open about our financial position going forward. It certainly looks like we have thrown the management team under the bus!!

It’s solely our ownership group that need to be seen, others are there for a period of handover no doubt. When your owners don’t attend games you’ve got an issue straight off the bat.

Meggle is and has been responsible for football matters for 3 years or so, his CV is bare at best. What does he know about players at our level and relationships, no wonder other clubs pick up players regularly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:11

Quote:

par-91, Sat 03 Aug 19:51

…or a doctor 🤨
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big G Ball  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:12

To be fair some of our board have history of admin and folding things down so another example of mis management

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:18

Surely questions need asked about where the money is going? Last season, despite playing terribly, we had the second highest crowds in the league. We also had a very light squad, had the fan zone and sold Edwards. How can we then be struggling to compete with other teams with higher wages bills and smaller crowds? Something doesn`t add up here. Half the cost of the training ground came from the government so it can`t all be related to that.

If we do enter administration, which I hope we don`t, can we terminate contracts without repercussions?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:23

Quote:

jake89, Sat 3 Aug 20:18

Surely questions need asked about where the money is going? Last season, despite playing terribly, we had the second highest crowds in the league. We also had a very light squad, had the fan zone and sold Edwards. How can we then be struggling to compete with other teams with higher wages bills and smaller crowds? Something doesn`t add up here. Half the cost of the training ground came from the government so it can`t all be related to that.

If we do enter administration, which I hope we don`t, can we terminate contracts without repercussions?

The club is run solely by Nick Tellar and Meggle with David Cook. They 3 have to face the fans soon and explain why and what’s going on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: smpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:30

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:30

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 3 Aug 19:55

Quote:

AB has always been a fairly infrequent but informed poster (sure I know who he is too).

If you know who he is you’d be shocked at how well informed he is 😂 he’s a rocket in real life ;) but a sound c*nt 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:31

What debt do we have - I thought we had no line of credit at the bank?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:43

Quote:

P, Sat 3 Aug 20:31

What debt do we have - I thought we had no line of credit at the bank?

You don’t need to have a line of credit to get into debt. It’s not a personal bank account we have, we are a business, businesses can get into debt without having bank loans/overdrafts - unless staff and players aren’t getting paid?

We also went into admin over 10 years ago, our “credit history” and blacklisting would have ended a few years back……

Or we are due the Germans £1 million plus…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:49

This is a nonsense by the way. Made up stuff from a known ahit stirrer then stuck on here to add to the drama.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:52

Quote:

kelty_par, Sat 3 Aug 20:49

This is a nonsense by the way. Made up stuff from a known ahit stirrer then stuck on here to add to the drama.

Wheres the money then KP? 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:57

This thread is box office stuff.

Give an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of typewriters (or iPhones) and here`s what you get. Comedy ****** gold.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:59

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 3 Aug 20:57

Give an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of typewriters (or iPhones) and here`s what you get. Comedy ****** gold.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to fruition 👌🏻 as if it does, Im not sure we would survive it again…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:05

To be fair AB Loyal has come up trumps on a number of occasions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:06

Tbh it’s never going into admin.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:06

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 3 Aug 20:59

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 3 Aug 20:57

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to fruition 👌🏻 as if it does, Im not sure we would survive it again…

Hope. If. Not sure.

Jesus

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:12

Baffles me that David Cook is a Pars Fan and allows this speculation. Come out and tells us the crack eh. Got a manager doing his best with what he has. Aye some signings work some don`t. Doesn`t detract from the fact we`ve had a thin squad since League 1.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:20

There`s no speculation to comment on though. Different story I`d suggest if it was in the papers or something but you can`t have management of a business replying to every anonymous post on social media.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:36

I heard from a reliable source that without the money from the German investors we would have been in administration after the Division 1 season .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:37

2 "reliable sources" on one thread.

Holy toledo

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:38

and how am I a "known **** stirrer" then KP? as others have pointed out, I`ve been bang on before.

Dreams stay with you
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:41

Personally, I can`t see admin being on the cards. Not at this early stage in the season anyway. Season ticket sales of 3,000, shirts selling out, UEFA Fan Zone sold out, £90,000 in for Edwards, a fairly small squad having 13 players off the books at the end of last season, being replaced by only 3 in. If there was a situation like this brewing they wouldn`t have sanctioned deals for Kane and Wotherspoon, or knocked back the supposed offer for Otoo.

The board and investors do seem like respectable individuals, they all good CVs, I doubt they are the sort for any underhand dealings.

That said, we do need to be careful though, we have been burned in the past and the club almost went the way of Rangers.

There needs to be a lot more transparency. They should be at least explaining where the money is being spent and what the plan is. If there is no money for players, just say that the signings are over. I was surprised by the losses on the last accounts, I couldn`t really see where that money has gone, as I would say the squad has been put together on a shoestring since we were relegated.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:46

Quote:

AB Loyal, Sat 3 Aug 21:38

and how am I a "known **** stirrer" then KP? as others have pointed out, I`ve been bang on before.

I don`t know you. I`m pretty sure you`re not a "sh1t stirrer".

Tell us who told you we`re close to administration. £50 to your chosen charity if you can back up your claim with actual credible proof.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:08

The club has no money for a 2nd keeper or a club doctor on match days?
Embarrassing stuff tbh.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:21

da no 1, its not something where I`d comfortably name people as I`m sure you know that`s how these things work although I understand you mean well, as do I. I`ll happily tell u over socials or email what I know, drop me a line no need for the 50 pound to charity either although that`s a kind gesture in itself.

Dreams stay with you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:41

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 3 Aug 20:30

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 3 Aug 19:55

Quote:

If you know who he is you’d be shocked at how well informed he is 😂 he’s a rocket in real life ;) but a sound c*nt 😂

Oh absolutely. Guys sound as anything but a tad wild 😅
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:50

I hope it’s a Smyths Toy shop that’s built an instead of the usual supermarket when a stadium and the surrounding land is flattened. Bring in the real entertainment!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:56

Quote:

87Par, Sat 3 Aug 21:12

Baffles me that David Cook is a Pars Fan and allows this speculation. Come out and tells us the crack eh. Got a manager doing his best with what he has. Aye some signings work some don`t. Doesn`t detract from the fact we`ve had a thin squad since League 1.

I heard something very similar recently as well. Also heard that the Germans are growing extremely concerned about the financial situation. Since we lost money last year, they’re apparently having their own money men looking into things.

Extremely concerning if true

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:06

Not saying you are AB Loyal, saying that the original "info" came from such.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:10

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 3 Aug 22:56

Quote:

I heard something very similar recently as well. Also heard that the Germans are growing extremely concerned about the financial situation. Since we lost money last year, they’re apparently having their own money men looking into things.

You mean the guy who lent them the money to invest has his own money men looking into things absolutely no way it’s a penny of this showers own money that’s been invested that’s for sure
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:22

The more threads I read about this the more I am worried that these investors have been totally naive and devoid of any financial reality in what they are trying to achieve.

Totally forfeited the team and treated the fans with contempt. I really hope the club can find a way to move on from these owners and their experiment at our club and that we don’t go into administration.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:30

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sat 3 Aug 23:10

Quote:

Quote:

You mean the guy who lent them the money to invest has his own money men looking into things absolutely no way it’s a penny of this showers own money that’s been invested that’s for sure

I mean the German one who has an absolute boat load of cash has clicked onto the fact that a club that made money in league 1 the last time we were there has just lost another million in the championship after loosing a million in the promotion season and has decided to have his own financial experts have a look.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:33

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 3 Aug 23:30

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean the German one who has an absolute boat load of cash has clicked onto the fact that a club that made money in league 1 the last time we were there has just lost another million in the championship after loosing a million in the promotion season and has decided to have his own financial experts have a look.

So like I said it’s the chap that gave teller and co the money to invest
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:36

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sat 3 Aug 23:33

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 3 Aug 23:30

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So like I said it’s the chap that gave teller and co the money to invest

Aye 😂

Apologies me and my Tyskie didn’t read your post right.

More I’m hearing, the more concerning it is tho.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:49

Quote:

General Zod, Sat 3 Aug 22:50

I hope it’s a Smyths Toy shop that’s built an instead of the usual supermarket when a stadium and the surrounding land is flattened. Bring in the real entertainment!

Is the stadium not owned by a separate company Pars United and not the club and therefore wouldn`t be an asset that could be stripped or sold by the club as they technically have no ownership of the ground and just lease it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 00:01

That’s how I understand it also do pars United not have first dibs on buying the club back if it’s ever put up for sale?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 00:41

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 00:01

That’s how I understand it also do pars United not have first dibs on buying the club back if it’s ever put up for sale?

I seriously hope we have a clause to secure the club. Maybe this is all just a bad situation and nothing is seriously wrong but...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 00:56

Wake up, this is serious.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 01:12

Quote:

NW 1966, Sun 4 Aug 00:56

I don`t think anyone is sleeping. What`s the plan then?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 01:23

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 4 Aug 01:12

Quote:

NW 1966, Sun 4 Aug 00:56

I don`t think anyone is sleeping. What`s the plan then?

Hit the bevy?

Kelty hearts season ticket?

Wait until we actually know what’s happening?

Until then I’ll continue to boo and shout nonsense. As a ST holder - I reserve that right!

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 01:26

Ask the Board.
I tried asking about a coherent strategy back in March and was given waffle.
They need to be challenged directly about their plans for the club ....specifically.
It`s obvious they`re now nailing costs to the floor and probably due to the hemorrhaging of cash leading to 3 financial years of significant losses.
They wanted to professionalise the club, hence bringing in people like David Cook. That costs money and it`s a reasonable expectation to assume progress of sorts is a given. I`m not seeing that. James McPake has been to the press and his post match interviews are telling us he`s not happy. The rumours and statements flying about are telling us things are not right.
I want strong examples of leadership now, I think we deserve it.
If things don`t improve then we should protest.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 01:38

Quote:

NW 1966, Sun 4 Aug 01:26

Ask the Board.
I tried asking about a coherent strategy back in March and was given waffle.
They need to be challenged directly about their plans for the club ....specifically.
It`s obvious they`re now nailing costs to the floor and probably due to the hemorrhaging of cash leading to 3 financial years of significant losses.
They wanted to professionalise the club, hence bringing in people like David Cook. That costs money and it`s a reasonable expectation to assume progress of sorts is a given. I`m not seeing that. James McPake has been to the press and his post match interviews are telling us he`s not happy. The rumours and statements flying about are telling us things are not right.
I want strong examples of leadership now, I think we deserve it.
If things don`t improve then we should protest.

You’re 100% correct about a coherent strategy from the board. I genuinely believe that Meggle could come up with a coherent plan in regards to the football. I think the Germans had honest intentions but something somewhere has went wrong.

Cook to me at this point in time is an idiot dressed up.

Ross McCarthur done the CEO job and this “financial” experts job for £0 annually.

A protest would need to have clear intention. Just saying we’re no happy wouldn’t make a difference.

What are the main points that need answering?

I can see what I see but how do you articulate it?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 05:07

Last week, on the `Time for some honesty thread`, I said:

"I feel we are at a crossroads here. There is general but sliding support for the youth academy model, and the goodwill for the German investors is waning because of the many recent issues. Not so long ago, on promotion, things could hardly be better at EEP.

"When they came in, they indicated they would outline their plans in more detail as time progressed. We are well into their seven-year plan now, and it is time for them to give the fans an honest appraisal of what has transpired and where they plan to take the club.

"These are worrying times. If we lost another million last season, as is strongly rumoured, we have been losing about 20k weekly for two years. We need honest answers from the Hamburg board members, the money-men, not platitudes from Mr Cook, their mouthpiece."

===

Clearly, we are in trouble on and off the field. Cost-cutting measures that do not make any sense to the team management, the players, or the fans have been imposed. And there is a suspicion that things will come to a head, probably next week, if we lose to Falkirk.

The Hamburg investors must respond to our concerns. The paying punters have a right to expect coherent answers, not dribble.

NMCmassive asks what the main points are that need answering. He also correctly states that any protest would need a clear intention.

Perhaps we should begin constructing a list of questions on a thread here to organise our collective thoughts logically and coherently.

Outlining a clear intention: Present the directors with a warning that all voluntary contributions to the club will be withdrawn until they provide a genuine explanation for our current situation, an outline of how they plan to solve things, and a proper vision of where they want to take the club.

Money talks with these guys.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 06:07

First of all, whether I wanted it or not, whether it`s organised or not I think if we get tanned next week fans will protest anyway.
Regards questions to the board, I already sent them a few by email back in March. I got answers, those answers are still there for anyone to read. I was appreciative of recieving answers but in reality I wasn`t feeling convinced or at ease with the content.
So from a personal perspective I`m done with attempting to deal with obtaining answers.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 06:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 06:57

Quote:

NW 1966, Sun 4 Aug 06:07

First of all, whether I wanted it or not, whether it`s organised or not I think if we get tanned next week fans will protest anyway.
Regards questions to the board, I already sent them a few by email back in March. I got answers, those answers are still there for anyone to read. I was appreciative of recieving answers but in reality I wasn`t feeling convinced or at ease with the content.
So from a personal perspective I`m done with attempting to deal with obtaining answers.

I think it`s hard when the BOD are clearly not sharing the same vision as fans. Price of football podcast has regular interviews with head of fan groups trying to find new investors for their clubs. The ICT one a few weeks ago was good.

The problem we have is who is going to buy a club who lost £1m not so long ago. There hasn`t been a lot of transparency that adds up in terms of the "training centre". We were told that a lot of the money went to that but then we needed outside investment to put a shovel in the ground. So have we overspent on a site where we can`t even hold our reserves home games? I`d like to know how much renting out the Spartans ground will cost us playing presumably all our home league and cup games there. Do we get the gate receipts or is that kept by Spartans? So many questions regarding the site at rosyth we are only in stage 1 so what else is getting done there and how much more investment is needed for the site.

Is it worth having a youth team if we are a mid table league 1 side. Even the biggest teams in the world don`t produce players annually that become regulars in their first team. So if teams who have a bottomless pit of money can`t produce it what makes the BOD think we can.

Going without a doctor to games surely must be a requirement for a league game ? And if so will the club now receive a fine for not providing one? How does a situation like this even happen?

So many questions and not a lot of answers.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 07:00

I thought business administration was to ensure the best deal for any creditor and to ensure that the club would still be a viable proposition and whether the creditors would accept reduced sums of money, or it is liquidation.
Who are the debts to? To our German investors? Taxman? The club must be in serious trouble financially if we cannot have cash flow after recent monies to the club.
There must be someone we cannot pay, but who is it and how large would the amount be?
Also any business who work with the club will now be asking cash up front as there is no way I would be offering payment terms to a company that has financial rumours surrounding it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 07:03

A number of people have asked where the money has gone despite sizeable inputs from Nisbet sale, stadium renaming, lifeline money and ticket sales ?

A question to Mr Cook would simply be, show the fans the full accounts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 08:52

Going without a doctor to games surely must be a requirement for a league game ? And if so will the club now receive a fine for not providing one? How does a situation like this even happen?

Requirement is a doctor is there for treatment of players/officials.

This is the home clubs responsibility.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:04

Quote:

Big G Ball, Sat 3 Aug 20:12

To be fair some of our board have history of admin and folding things down so another example of mis management

Who on the current board are you referring to, Big G?

Those responsible for taking our club into administration are long gone.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:11

Think he means in his/there own business

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:14

Everyone is in danger here of speculating too much on a lot of things. Administration happens in businesses near daily but clearly when it’s football it’s emotive. The investment group I bet start business and shut them down regularly, doesn’t make them bad people with poor intentions. It’s what businessman do.

They seem decent enough people but look to have bitten off more than they can chew here and don’t have the passion for the club as others would have to continue to invest

Let’s get back on track and work out how we can get David Cook and Thomas Meggle in front of a supporters meeting

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 09:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:27

People can only speculate as they don`t know the truth. My speculation would be that the guys who recently came in as directors are here to keep an eye on the money as it`s apparent that something isn`t adding up here. I also suspect they are clutching those purse strings tighter than ever. I would expect administration has been discussed as a way of potential route forward, but one that is a last resort.

If there are money issues, it would be good to hear how fans can help, as they helped in the past.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:30

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Aug 09:27

People can only speculate as they don`t know the truth. My speculation would be that the guys who recently came in as directors are here to keep an eye on the money as it`s apparent that something isn`t adding up here. I also suspect they are clutching those purse strings tighter than ever. I would expect administration has been discussed as a way of potential route forward, but one that is a last resort.

If there are money issues, it would be good to hear how fans can help, as they helped in the past.

Theres nobody really new, Freidrich is and has been part of the ownership group from the start, just has more time to get more involved. Ian Laing has been there nearly a year
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:47

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 09:30

Quote:

Theres nobody really new, Freidrich is and has been part of the ownership group from the start, just has more time to get more involved. Ian Laing has been there nearly a year

Not according to companies house. Friedrich brought in May this year, Laing February of this year. Being in the background is different to being a director. I don`t think it`s coincidental. It`s blatant to even the fans that the numbers aren`t adding up here. This season we`ll likely have the biggest crowds in the league, the smallest playing squad and yet we`re struggling to find a reserve keeper? Come on...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:52

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Aug 09:47

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 09:30

Quote:

Not according to companies house. Friedrich brought in May this year, Laing February of this year. Being in the background is different to being a director. I don`t think it`s coincidental. It`s blatant to even the fans that the numbers aren`t adding up here. This season we`ll likely have the biggest crowds in the league, the smallest playing squad and yet we`re struggling to find a reserve keeper? Come on...

It’s formalising the position only. He done last years financials and this years so really isn’t new. Being in the background but an owner isn’t different, just because Nick and Thomas are directors they’ve explained there’s a dozen investors all involved in GMBH.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:54

Thanks James. Maybe my speculation is a bit off the mark then!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:58

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Aug 09:54

No, I think something is seriously wrong with the financials so you’re not likely off the mark. We’ve no team on the park and no budget to bring players in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:06

Quote:

I hope so!

No doubt they’ve set up a back room team to seek extra revenue streams - hospitality, sponsorship, fan zone - but paying off 2 managers must’ve cost a bit. Josh might not be the financial bonus many think and it’s likely to be paid in instalments rather than all upfront. Less a % to Airdrie.

The Board waited to get involved with the club since pre-Covid, so I’m sure they’re here for the long term…. However, “steady, measured progress” doesn’t mean going backwards.

They’re the owners, the know squad needs strengthening, and loans will probably come nearer the end of the month when that “window” closes.

I know Jambos who were worried about them going into admin and didn’t like Ann Budge’s long term plans for stadium redevelopment and youth academy, preferring to have a 1st team to “beat the hibees”. Maybe we’re not so different as fans.

Keep your nerve! Grit your teeth! But there’s never a long term unless the first team are doing well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:27

We`ve had 2 seasons of consecutive losses, include a third for this FY. When I questioned the £1million loss for 2022/23 back in March I was given an answer of sorts, but no great detail other than the Board are are proffesional people and know what they`re doing. David Cook did say to me that the club would be reining in the spend, obviously they`re now doing that. I asked why we had no profit & loss detail in the clubs FY report and I was told the club legally doesn`t need to (true) and that the club had never done this previously, yet I`m pretty sure they have. We were told (still March this year) the longer we stay in this league the more difficult it`ll become in relation to realising the ambitions of DAFC Fussball GmbH plans, yet ironically here we are with confidence trashed and frustration growing daily among the fans.
Frankly, it`s not good enough. This is our club.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 10:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:29

I am definitely NOT in the know but suspect we are not facing administration as we turned away an offer for Ottoo

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:32

I don`t think we`re heading for administration, I think we`re realigning the business as the hemorrhaging of cash isn`t sustainable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:36

Quote:

DunfyDave, Sun 4 Aug 10:29

I am definitely NOT in the know but suspect we are not facing administration as we turned away an offer for Ottoo

I agree. I suspect the board is not going to subsidise the club constantly in the quest for success. They will, however, fund urgent purchases, pitch floodlights, etc

I assume that they want the playing side to be self-sufficient and our position to be organic.

It`s maybe not what people want to hear but it`s a reality.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:44

The Board may not want to hear what`s being said now by fans but it`s a reality.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:45

Quote:

weemike, Sun 4 Aug 10:36

Quote:

DunfyDave, Sun 4 Aug 10:29

I agree. I suspect the board is not going to subsidise the club constantly in the quest for success. They will, however, fund urgent purchases, pitch floodlights, etc

I assume that they want the playing side to be self-sufficient and our position to be organic.

It`s maybe not what people want to hear but it`s a reality.

If reality is a poor, small squad and praying a kid from Fife chooses to join our academy and is good enough to play for us... Yeah, we are absolutely f***ed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:51

If reality is a poor, small squad and praying a kid from Fife chooses to join our academy and is good enough to play for us... Yeah, we are absolutely f***ed

Again, you`re making the mistake that the player is already great.

It`s on the club and the coaches to make the player good enough.

This isn`t about signing wonderkids.

It`s about using the pool of 50,000 kids and training a select few to become decent at football.

Yes, a star would be fantastic, but it`s unlikely.

But if they are strong, fit, agile and half decent, they have a chance.

Even the best 12 year olds don`t make it.

It`s the hardest working and most committed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:22

I think we are getting off track a little here!

It’s clear we have huge overheads when it comes to it, we have a Stadium and are trying to build an Academy/Training Ground. Something that probably should’ve waited until we were more fiscally solvent! Hindsight though is 20/20

We have lost out on prize money/funds every year for the last 3-4 with the team underperforming and not one cup run resulting in a pay day at Ibrokes, Celtic Park or Hampden! Perhaps, the owners reckoned we’d finish higher and get further in the cups when looking at the financial forecasts! That’s on them though by going the cheap route with Managers! Let’s not forget we spoke to McKinnes before he went to Kilmarnock and decided he was too expensive- look where Killie are now! In Europe and they have the same facilities and fan base as we do!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:37

Quote:

It really isn’t Jake maybe once people start holding the boards feet to the fire a wee bit more stuff will eventually start coming out
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:41

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 11:37

Quote:

It really isn’t Jake maybe once people start holding the boards feet to the fire a wee bit more stuff will eventually start coming out

It’s a meeting with Nick, Meggle and David Cook that’s needed. We have owners now not essentially a board. Perhaps someone can request it through our SLO?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:43

Quote:

SeasonedPar, Sun 4 Aug 10:06

Quote:

I hope so!

No doubt they’ve set up a back room team to seek extra revenue streams - hospitality, sponsorship, fan zone - but paying off 2 managers must’ve cost a bit. Josh might not be the financial bonus many think and it’s likely to be paid in instalments rather than all upfront. Less a % to Airdrie.

The Board waited to get involved with the club since pre-Covid, so I’m sure they’re here for the long term…. However, “steady, measured progress” doesn’t mean going backwards.

They’re the owners, the know squad needs strengthening, and loans will probably come nearer the end of the month when that “window” closes.

I know Jambos who were worried about them going into admin and didn’t like Ann Budge’s long term plans for stadium redevelopment and youth academy, preferring to have a 1st team to “beat the hibees”. Maybe we’re not so different as fans.

Keep your nerve! Grit your teeth! But there’s never a long term unless the first team are doing well.

So just accept this p!sh and not say anything then aye?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:51

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 11:41

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 11:37

Quote:

It’s a meeting with Nick, Meggle and David Cook that’s needed. We have owners now not essentially a board. Perhaps someone can request it through our SLO?

You think they are going to be honest and say listen lads were skint? David cook’s arrogance reminds me of a certain other chairman we had not so long ago (not Ross btw) you also assume the 3 of them are going to be honest about just why Friedrich Lass has joined the board and who he’s been sent in by?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:03

Funny how many were happy to hound out Ross though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AveragePar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:34

Outside of wanting protests and boycotts at matches, the current state of the club will be doing no favours to walk up ticket sales. As much as people want to be devoted fans it’ll be hard to keep interested in this utter garbage week in week out unless something gives.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:42

In the most recent published accounts it states that the directors have decided not to include a profit and loss account. I’m sure that is allowed, but I’d question why they made that decision. It may also have answered how much is being taken out the club annually in director salaries and management fees.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:46

The only thing that’s going to change things on the park is mcpake moving on.

Even in league 1 against much poorer teams we were terrible to watch for large spells of games.

It’s been a constant of the mcpake era, gave him some credit as he inherited a poor squad but he’s not improved it at all, if anything it’s worse and the tactics and formation are awful.

Same old set up regardless of who we are playing, signing full backs to play 352 playing wingers as wing backs or in centre of the park. Just no thought or game plan and certainly no ability to change it. Team now are more fragile than under yogi.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:49

Private limited companies like DAFC Ltd always take full advantage of the exemptions from disclosure allowed by the Companies Act. Why disclose information to rivals if they don`t need to?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:49

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sun 4 Aug 12:42

In the most recent published accounts it states that the directors have decided not to include a profit and loss account. I’m sure that is allowed, but I’d question why they made that decision. It may also have answered how much is being taken out the club annually in director salaries and management fees.

Can you find the last set to show a P
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:50

The real question for me is how fans can help. Is there a way to start coordinating a fundraiser so fans can potentially step in if need be?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:08

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Aug 12:50

The real question for me is how fans can help. Is there a way to start coordinating a fundraiser so fans can potentially step in if need be?

Not when our owners are worth absolute millions. The increase spend v losses is on them and they fund it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:13

Link to the last set of accounts (to May 2023, filed in February this year).

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC011580/filing-history/MzQxMzAxNDc4N2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:58

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 13:08

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Aug 12:50

Not when our owners are worth absolute millions. The increase spend v losses is on them and they fund it

I`ve got a few grand in the bank. Even as a fan I wouldn`t be giving hundreds of it to the Pars so can`t imagine an investor would unless there was a clear ROI, which there isn`t in Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:22

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 11:43

Quote:

SeasonedPar, Sun 4 Aug 10:06

Quote:

I hope so!

So just accept this p!sh and not say anything then aye?

You’re not quoting me. Nor did I say we accept this pihs. I’ve no inside info, just my reading. Thanks for being civil.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:45

This is what it looks like to me.

The investors came in with ‘rose tinted spectacles’ thinking they could set up an academy and bring players into our squad. This is when other clubs, with greater revenue than ours, are finding it’s not affordable. They think they could ‘buck the trend’.

They thought the squad could be self sufficient and have not been prepared to invest anything meaningful into the team, putting the money into the academy.

There are sure signs of financial stress - letting Paul Allan go, not signing players, no 2nd goalkeeper, no doctor at yesterday’s game etc, etc.

This is an entertainment industry and your paying supporters deserve to watch good football. A successful team will bring in more revenue in terms of cup runs, higher league positions, bigger crowds. Now they will have the opposite!

I don’t see how they get out of this mess tbh. Abandon the academy and focus on the team (that should have been their first priority)?

Manager is demoralised and I think the players are as well. Revenues will drop and I honestly see us going down again!

Maybe I am totally wrong, but as they say there is ‘no smoke without fire’!

Got that off my chest!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:46

I thought the doctor situation had been explained?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:56

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sun 4 Aug 14:13

Link to the last set of accounts (to May 2023, filed in February this year).

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC011580/filing-history/MzQxMzAxNDc4N2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf

Cheers for posting

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:19

So no P
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:30

Quote:

I assume you’re referencing companies house? Companies don’t publish P
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:37

With all these rumours and discussions about financial constraints and possibly Administration is it naive not to expect a statement from our CEO an or Board to explain the current financial position and (hopefully) set the record straight? I’ll not hold my breath!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:38

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 04 Aug 15:46

Seen no explanation of this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:47

There seems to be confusion about who is responsible for having a doctor in attendance. One suggestion is that it`s the home side`s responsibility. Assuming a Livi doctor was there it`s not clear why he wasn`t asked to stitch Fisher`s cut.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:49

Mcpake using that as a deflection from his own performance as manager it seems. Mind he said at the supporters meeting he wasn’t stuck in ways and wouldn’t just play one formation…. It’s what’s happening the now. Seen with Murray today too that we shouldn’t just delay if he can’t get a tune out of the players

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:52

Not sure of the requirements .My concern would be if two opposition players had a head knock and were down only one could be treated or any other collision with two players down
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:54

Maybe him and the players just canny be arsed anymore I mean it canny be easy for any of them knowing that the squad needs booster but we’ve got a board with next to no money left to spend
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:01

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 16:54

Maybe him and the players just canny be arsed anymore I mean it canny be easy for any of them knowing that the squad needs booster but we’ve got a board with next to no money left to spend

Was thinking along the same
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:07

Up until last weekend I was giving the board the benefit of doubt but I’ve since been shown and told stuff that is telling me that we need them gone sooner rather than later before it’s too late
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:09

Yesterday reminded me of Hampden in January. The whole club looked done in. Players dropping like flies in an already ravaged squad. We managed somehow to get out of it with some astute loans. Just have to see how it pans out as I can`t see us sacking him anytime soon

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:11

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 04 Aug 16:54

If that’s the case they can all GTF as far as I’m concerned. Can’t be arsed? Knowing that no more players will be coming in should be a boost to them, they know 90% of them are going to playing every week regardless of performance or any mistakes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:14

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 17:07

Up until last weekend I was giving the board the benefit of doubt but I’ve since been shown and told stuff that is telling me that we need them gone sooner rather than later before it’s too late

What exactly were you shown and told? or are you full of $hit?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:16

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 04 Aug 15:46

What was the explanation?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:18

Only the home club are obliged to provide a doctor on match days.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:29

Quote:

KnebworthPar, Sun 4 Aug 16:30

Quote:

I assume you’re referencing companies house? Companies don’t publish P

Yes, the official filed accounts. Not that I look at many accounts, but I’ve seen profit and loss statements in other accounts. In ours it explicitly states the directors chose not to include it, which is probably for commercial/privacy reasons. But it would have been good for shedding a little light onto where this loss has come from. I haven’t read the notes, though, so maybe a hint in there. What I can see is that our cash has dropped by around 500k and our short term creditors increased by around 500k. The latter may explain why we are currently so strapped for cash. And who do we owe the money to? The answer to that would give insight into the probability or otherwise of administration.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:30

Quote:

You’ve answered your own questions
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:30

Looking back we didn’t kick a ball after the arbroath game last season, the result of which meant we were pretty much safe. Wonder if many players had relegation clauses which meant it was in thier interest to help keep us up.

Now those same players will be very sure they will be leaving next summer if not sooner, many might have already been told they are free to leave if they can find a club.

Also when the chips are down and you are getting beat every week injuries always take longer to heal…..

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:39

If.....if.....if......

That was quite a waste of time even for you

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:39

What a lot of conspiratorial nonsense. We weren`t safe until the second last game of the season if I recall. I really wonder what your motivation is with some of the rubbish you post on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:44

What a lot of nonsense on this thread.

Easy to find that SPFL Rule G56 says that the home club is responsible for ensuring that a qualified medical practitioner is present at a league game.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:48

Quote:

weemike, Sun 4 Aug 17:14

Quote:

Trust me I’d love to tell you but I won’t for 2 reasons 1 this forum has form for hounding people out when they post stuff that could upset the apple cart so to speak but you probably already know that as admin wasn’t that long ago and 2 I was told in confidence by someone who trusts me but I’ll be blunt without further cash injections the club could be steering its way towards another insolvency event but like I posted on another thread the ball is in cook and co’s court now it’s just a case of them growing a spine and being upfront about how much of mess they are making of running the club

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 18:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:49

Maybe with the new youth development appointment he has taken a look at the squad and they have had to take a hard look at the funding allocation against the perceived potential of the young players in the programme. Not ideal by any standards but if there are budget constraints these sorts of decisions are inevitable. I wouldn`t necessarily say the players don`t have potential and by any stretch of the imagination it shouldn`t put them off. Indeed I hope they go on to do really well.

You can often read these things two ways.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:54

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 18:48

Quote:

Quote:

Trust me I’d love to tell you but I was told in confidence by someone who trusts me but I’ll be blunt without further cash injections the club could be steering its way towards another insolvency event

Sounds like you`re full of $hit
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:59

Quote:

weemike, Sun 4 Aug 18:54

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Trust me I’d love to tell you but I was told in confidence by someone who trusts me but I’ll be blunt without further cash injections the club could be steering its way towards another insolvency event

Ok champ I’ll happily donate £100 to the charity of your choice if I turn out to be wrong will you do the same?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:15

That someone must be kicking themselves telling you something in confidence especially with the above post.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:20

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 18:59

Quote:

weemike, Sun 4 Aug 18:54

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok champ I’ll happily donate £100 to the charity of your choice if I turn out to be wrong will you do the same?

Deal! If the club isn`t In administration by season end. The £100 goes to the disabled supporters fund.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:30

The confusion about the doctor situation was not about SPFL rules. No honest person could think it was.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 20:06

Just wondering,are we due money to anyone apart from the managers we had to pay off
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 22:01

Quote:

buffy, Sun 4 Aug 19:15

That someone must be kicking themselves telling you something in confidence especially with the above post.

Listen I’ve nothing of what was actually disclosed to me if I did that then this place would go into meltdown on a level that’s not been seen for a good few years but sometimes it’s not what you know but who you know when it comes to finding stuff out regarding the goings on at the club if I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up if I’m right then it will all come out in the wash either way the board have some serious questions to answer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 22:01

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 4 Aug 20:06

Just wondering,are we due money to anyone apart from the managers we had to pay off

We won’t be due any money to managers that left over 2 years ago. That redundancy pay has to be settled a lot quicker than 2 years later!

We don’t have any bank debt and any loans will be owed to directors - unless things have changed significantly in the last year.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 22:51

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 22:01

Quote:

buffy, Sun 4 Aug 19:15

Listen I’ve nothing of what was actually disclosed to me if I did that then this place would go into meltdown on a level that’s not been seen for a good few years but sometimes it’s not what you know but who you know when it comes to finding stuff out regarding the goings on at the club if I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up if I’m right then it will all come out in the wash either way the board have some serious questions to answer

If you’re wrong? You’ve just said someone told you in confidence ~ if you didn’t believe them then I can’t imagine why you would want to share anything. Make up your mind.

The only sad thing imo about posts like yours and others with “sources” and “it’s who you know” is that it causes division amongst the fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammyland1983  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 08:28

`Listen I’ve nothing of what was actually disclosed to me if I did that then this place would go into meltdown on a level that’s not been seen for a good few years`

The above comment is actually laughable. To come on here and pretend you are disclosing half a story then tell everyone that you have more information that you are unwilling to disclose. What`s the game here? Is this one of those speculative posts that if it were to be true, you can turn round and tell everyone that you were right all along.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 08:38

Quote:

cammyland1983, Mon 5 Aug 08:28

`Listen I’ve nothing of what was actually disclosed to me if I did that then this place would go into meltdown on a level that’s not been seen for a good few years`

The above comment is actually laughable. To come on here and pretend you are disclosing half a story then tell everyone that you have more information that you are unwilling to disclose. What`s the game here? Is this one of those speculative posts that if it were to be true, you can turn round and tell everyone that you were right all along.

He`s full of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 09:02

Just like Donald Trump , this is fake news of somebody being controversial and wanting attention. If he has info state it, if not ignore it. but we do need better info and comms from the board, surprising they are so quiet.
Mcpake is under Contract either tows the party line or resigns, but Cook is not in that position, he needs to talk.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:04

Id like to dismiss it as fake news, but come from a couple of people now, one of which I know not to be a complete sh*t stirrer and loves the club. When you add in the obvious lack of funds available, it doesn’t look great.

The CEO and club really need to address these concerns and quickly.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:15

Having a thread headed `Administration` on a public forum isn`t exactly helpful. It just sets a hare running based on no hard factual information.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:21

Honestly, unless the information came direct from a board member, I wouldn`t even dream of posting a rumour like this on a public forum. The irreparable damage it could cause just isn`t worth it. This could easily get picked up by a red top and ran without any background checks to the club. Instantly sending alarm bells to potential sponsors and investors. What were you thinking? Wild.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:37

Quote:

Athletico, Mon 5 Aug 10:21

Honestly, unless the information came direct from a board member, I wouldn`t even dream of posting a rumour like this on a public forum. The irreparable damage it could cause just isn`t worth it. This could easily get picked up by a red top and ran without any background checks to the club. Instantly sending alarm bells to potential sponsors and investors. What were you thinking? Wild.

If the club weren`t leaving McPake to answer for the dreadful lack of investment in the squad which is going to send us down the league I`d understand.

The fans would appreciate it more if the Germans had came out and said what their plan for this season is, some might not like it but at least a bit honesty.

We have the 2nd highest number of season ticket sales in the league and will get some big gates on top of that this season, time to explain where this morning is going.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:48

That could have been done without spreading rumours of Administration.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:58

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 5 Aug 10:48

They`ve had all summer to explain the plans for this season, all we`ve had is a 10min interview with Cook telling us a few things that we already knew.

Fans are in the dark, always going to lead to rumours and problems in a football club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:59

The very title is and the initial post was uncessary.
It`s led to all sorts of stuff being posted now.

What is clear, there`s evidently something wrong at the club. James McPake appears very frustrated, the goalkeeping fiasco, the financial losses are worrying and we`re hearing nothing.
I want to hear something from the Board that will dampen this down and give us fans confidence we`re on a sound footing with just some immediate issues that they`ll resolve. Although like many I`m not convinced.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:02

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Mon 5 Aug 10:58

Quote:

They`ve had all summer to explain the plans for this season, all we`ve had is a 10min interview with Cook telling us a few things that we already knew.

Fans are in the dark, always going to lead to rumours and problems in a football club.

To be fair, he explained that the squad was competitive if fit.

What exactly do you want answers too?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:03

Topic Originator: nick_dafc1 like
Date: Mon 5 Aug 10:58

Quote:

I`ve not checked, because I can`t be ersed... have the owners of Livingston, Ayr, Partick...or any football club for that matter, come publicly and set out their exact plans for the season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:06

Quote:

Athletico, Mon 5 Aug 11:03

Quote:

I`ve not checked, because I can`t be ersed... have the owners of Livingston, Ayr, Partick...or any football club for that matter, come publicly and set out their exact plans for the season?

They don`t need to, they have 2 keepers and a squad of players, it`s fairly evident
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:30

Forgetting the administration discussion for a minute.
Would you have still purchased a season ticket if you had known what was to transpire during the summer months transfer window?
I am undecided as we need to give the team a chance, but I will not be renewing next year,unfortunately, unless we have a stellar season. I just feel it is a bit of a gut punch everything that has been going on.
On the up side our home league campaign starts and I will be cheering in the boys as I was when we were eventually undone by Cowdenbeath all those years ago, win lose or draw.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:37

I`m not expecting the club to respond to every rumour posted on a football forum or discuss commercially sensitive information, but when two people are claiming to have seen evidence of potential administration, an update from the board would be helpful. If directors can see fit to post messages to people on social media when someone says something negative (I can guess which one it was), they can respond to these claims.

If funding is needed then it would make sense to say now so fans can see what they can do to help. We saved the club once and can do it again, but only if there`s a bit of honesty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:40

Quote:

parsmad68, Mon 5 Aug 11:30

Would you have still purchased a season ticket if you had known what was to transpire during the summer months transfer window?
I am undecided as we need to give the team a chance, but I will not be renewing next year,unfortunately, unless we have a stellar season. I just feel it is a bit of a gut punch everything that has been going on.
On the up side our home league campaign starts and I will be cheering in the boys as I was when we were eventually undone by Cowdenbeath all those years ago, win lose or draw.

I wouldn’t have. I know it’s about supporting the team but I just couldn’t have. Fed up with it.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:46

Quote:

I don’t buy an ST as I miss too many games for it to be worthwhile, but already know of others who have been staunch holders for years that have not renewed this season - not because of the potential of admin but because of the absolute dug meat being produced on the park.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:57

"To be fair, he explained that the squad was competitive if fit."

He may think that`s true but it clearly isn`t, and that`s without the face we were apparently actively looking for a goalkeeper and another defender before the league season started. I`d suggest left back/wing-back cover, left midfield and perhaps a wide forward option would be needed on top of a keeper and defender for the squad to be competitive at this level. Now they could of course be loans but if we aren`t seeing them til the end of September, where will we be then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:58

We re-newed our ST`s at the 1st opportunity, believing the old cliché that it let the manager know his spending budget . If I do get a ST next time around , it definitely won`t be early , and not at all if the circumstances haven`t improved .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 12:07

Quote:

I renewed my season ticket before the Spartans game which I couldn’t make. Went to the Forfar game and turned to the lad who sits behind me (another ST holder) and said “I wouldn’t have bothered if I knew we were this bad”

Bang average against Spartans, sh1te against Forfar, Sh1te against Cove, Sh1te against Livi twice. 45 mins of good play means nothing at full time.

We’ll see how it’s sits next season but at this rate, I won’t be renewing and I’m kinda regretting renewing this season because I don’t want them to think that it’s alright-the fans will turn up regardless

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 12:09

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 5 Aug 11:57

He may think that`s true but it clearly isn`t, and that`s without the face we were apparently actively looking for a goalkeeper and another defender before the league season started. I`d suggest left back/wing-back cover, left midfield and perhaps a wide forward option would be needed on top of a keeper and defender for the squad to be competitive at this level. Now they could of course be loans but if we aren`t seeing them til the end of September, where will we be then?

Fair assessment of the squad IMO. I’m also pretty sure given the names that were floating around, that’s what the coaching staff were after.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 12:15

Quote:

jake89, Mon 5 Aug 11:37

I`m not expecting the club to respond to every rumour posted on a football forum or discuss commercially sensitive information, but when two people are claiming to have seen evidence of potential administration, an update from the board would be helpful. If directors can see fit to post messages to people on social media when someone says something negative (I can guess which one it was), they can respond to these claims.

If funding is needed then it would make sense to say now so fans can see what they can do to help. We saved the club once and can do it again, but only if there`s a bit of honesty.

Depends on who the two people are or aren`t as the case may be.

I recon this thread could be damaging to the club. Certainly, speculation like this could affect potential signings and loans.
It really is irresponsible and probably should be deleted.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 12:17

Posts like this are unhelpful, will be picked up by the lazy journalists and published.

Although players don`t read the forum (aye right) they`ll be wondering if the next pay is going to happen, that`ll be really good for morale!

We all have memories of the previous administration, though some that post on here might have still been in nappies.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 12:21

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 5 Aug 11:57

It`s the opinion of the board and mcpakes job is to reach the boards expectations.

I`m not disagreeing with you.

But I do believe it`s been highlighted that we are pulling the reigns in and expecting us to be utilising the loan market.

This admin talk has all been blown out of proportion, imo and I expect any correspondence to be along the lines of sustainability. The board is not here to subsidise the clubs playing side.
it`s a short-term gamble.

It`s not what people want to hear. But we are going down a path of infrastructure and solid foundations. Once these are in place, the club won`t be far off the current level. But with a more solid foundation and a clear pathway from youth to first team.

There is no point in evaluating the current plan until it has been in process for about 10 years.

Some will argue that it could be too late by that point, and they may be right, but it would be a shame to at least not try this route and see it through.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 15:38

"It`s the opinion of the board and mcpakes job is to reach the boards expectations."

If the opinion of the board is that the squad as it is is a competitive one then that tells me they know nothing about Championship football.

"But I do believe it`s been highlighted that we are pulling the reigns in and expecting us to be utilising the loan market."

Yes, but it was also said in the update that a goalkeeper and another defender would be coming in before loans... those haven`t happened.

"But we are going down a path of infrastructure and solid foundations. Once these are in place, the club won`t be far off the current level. But with a more solid foundation and a clear pathway from youth to first team."

I don`t understand how you can say that the club won`t be far off the current level when it`s conceivable we could "do a Falkirk" and be stuck in League One for five years? And also how you can say there is a clear pathway from youth to first team when we don`t currently trust many of the young players to play or even be in the squad unless there are no other options.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 15:47

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 5 Aug 15:38

"It`s the opinion of the board and mcpakes job is to reach the boards expectations."

If the opinion of the board is that the squad as it is is a competitive one then that tells me they know nothing about Championship football.

"But I do believe it`s been highlighted that we are pulling the reigns in and expecting us to be utilising the loan market."

Yes, but it was also said in the update that a goalkeeper and another defender would be coming in before loans... those haven`t happened.

"But we are going down a path of infrastructure and solid foundations. Once these are in place, the club won`t be far off the current level. But with a more solid foundation and a clear pathway from youth to first team."

I don`t understand how you can say that the club won`t be far off the current level when it`s conceivable we could "do a Falkirk" and be stuck in League One for five years? And also how you can say there is a clear pathway from youth to first team when we don`t currently trust many of the young players to play or even be in the squad unless there are no other options.

That final comment is the big risk. We did well to come back up straight away when relegated but any "normal" business would be anticipating a few years of reduced income. We came straight back up with record attendances yet the board still seems unhappy with the losses. It`s not my money but I`d be expecting to essentially write off that sort of loss. It`s like buying a car and never expecting to have to pay for any repairs. You hope it won`t need new tyres or a new exhaust but it`ll happen and you don`t buy a car if you can`t afford the basic repairs it`ll need.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 16:12

Or mcpake is no good, a different conversation.

I agree.

Even if we were in league 1 we wouldn`t be far off the current level.

Again, it`s not something I would like. But at that level and self sustainable with a youth pathway is a good foundation to build from.

It`s clear they are not going to chuck money at the first team.

It`s also clear there is no German loans or links with St pauli (which some people have got into their heads has been mentioned/promised by the board)

As it stands with the current operating model of every club. Scottish football is unsustainable.

This model may also be unsustainable but given the issues the board have faced,

Brexit, covid, and relegation we should at least let them see it through
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 18:15

I wouldn`t profess to know the ins and outs of the running of the club nor the clubs financial position. Without getting into the weeds and looking at the overall picture: the indicators for me in terms of where we are going are;

1. We have a budget that includes various allocations such as improving the squad, providing new club owned facilities and youth development. The budget will be allocated on the perceived or projected priorities. Unless I am wrong the priorities of club were set out a couple of years ago when they stated that a long term view would be taken. Logic tells me the long term view is to make sure that we have the systems in place to improve the team over time. That means getting the right management structure in place to achieve that. There is only so much money to go around so there may be short term losses of long term gains. I don`t see this financial strategy as a red flag for administration personally.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 19:15

Good post indiapar. We don’t have unlimited funds so to concentrate on one are you will have to take a hit on another as you say it’s for the long term.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 19:38

Quote:

Indiapar, Mon 5 Aug 18:15

I wouldn`t profess to know the ins and outs of the running of the club nor the clubs financial position. Without getting into the weeds and looking at the overall picture: the indicators for me in terms of where we are going are;

1. We have a budget that includes various allocations such as improving the squad, providing new club owned facilities and youth development. The budget will be allocated on the perceived or projected priorities. Unless I am wrong the priorities of club were set out a couple of years ago when they stated that a long term view would be taken. Logic tells me the long term view is to make sure that we have the systems in place to improve the team over time. That means getting the right management structure in place to achieve that. There is only so much money to go around so there may be short term losses of long term gains. I don`t see this financial strategy as a red flag for administration personally.

I agree with everything you’ve wrote.

I also think we’ve got relegation written all over us. The starting 11 is missing at least the very least 2 of championship quality (I’m including a fully fit Matty Todd

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 19:46

Ayr United opened an academy in 2005.Nearly 20 years on and they haven`t made any progress on the pitch although they did announce a profit of 20k for the year ending 2023.They had the likes of Ben Doak there but as soon as Celtic came in he was off.He had a year at Celtic and they got £600k from Liverpool!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 19:51

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 5 Aug 19:46

Ayr United opened an academy in 2005.Nearly 20 years on and they haven`t made any progress on the pitch although they did announce a profit of 20k for the year ending 2023.They had the likes of Ben Doak there but as soon as Celtic came in he was off.He had a year at Celtic and they got £600k from Liverpool!

You also need to look at the players they’ve produced for their first team, such as Alan Forrest, Robbie Crawford, Luke McCowan etc.

All of them would walk into our first XI.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:56

I agree with one of Jake89s earlier posts.

We shouldn’t expect a response from the board at every point of concern raised on football forums but when it’s got to the point where Administration is being discussed publicly, they surely have a duty to respond and nullify that concern as soon as possible.

I agree it’s not helpful having these threads open, but it wouldn’t be necessary if the board come out and categorically clarify the situation and as mentioned, if we are in the mud then it’s better it’s communicated sooner rather than later.

Cook promised in his last interview more regular updates, I want to start seeing them but none of this scripted crap.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 20:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:02

Quote:

Berry, Mon 5 Aug 20:56

We shouldn’t expect a response from the board at every point of concern raised on football forums but when it’s got to the point where Administration is being discussed publicly, they surely have a duty to respond and nullify that concern as soon as possible.

I agree it’s not helpful having these threads open, but it wouldn’t be necessary if the board come out and categorically clarify the situation and as mentioned, if we are in the mud then it’s better it’s communicated sooner rather than later.

Cook promised in his last interview more regular updates, I want to start seeing them but none of this scripted crap.

We need accountability. When any company is not performing, then it’s the head of the company that has to carry the can.
Step forward David Cook
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:57

Quote:

Berry, Mon 5 Aug 20:56

That’s a good summary and tbf I think we’d all like to see an update from cook that actually has some meat on the bones instead of just the usual. Be as well just playing one of JMcP after match interviews if that’s the case.

Perhaps if they actually told us what the plan for the club is

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:10

They told the fans at the very beginning.

https://dafc.co.uk/club-update/
and
https://dafc.co.uk/open-letter-and-full-qa-from-dafc-chairman-following-todays-exciting-news/

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 22:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:21

With the situation as it is, the longer the board remain silent the more condemning it looks regardless if it’s true or not.

You’d think if there was no truth in it, they’d be right on the pulse to push back.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:26

I agree Berry “no smoke without a fire”. Here’s hoping the Board address this rumour mill quickly and certainly before our next game!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:40

Quote:

buffy, Mon 5 Aug 22:10

They told the fans at the very beginning.

https://dafc.co.uk/club-update/
and
https://dafc.co.uk/open-letter-and-full-qa-from-dafc-chairman-following-todays-exciting-news/

In that update it says `the investors will give us access to a scouting network in Germany and wider Europe'-4 years on and not a sniff of such a player.That statement was given 9 months after Brexit so they will struggle to use that as an explanation.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 22:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:43

I reckon on that particular point it was just an ill judged comment from the board and they didn’t realise the complications that Brexit would bring longer term to being able to bring players from abroad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 23:46

In that initial statement it does also say "Assuming they exercise that option, DAFC Fussball GmbH will also hold an option to purchase the company which owns East End Park by May 2024.". Does anyone know if they took up that option?

For what it`s worth, I think everyone is jumping the gun here. This thread, from it`s title to the "I`m in the know" gossip, could create alarm, put off potential sponsors, investors and even signings. I`m pretty sure the investors are respectable and responsible people. They are not stupid though, if the club is losing money hand over fist then that can`t go on. The club needs to be sustainable.

It would be good to have some clarity over the financial situation and some expectations being set.

Patience is required for a project like this, do the Pars fans have this?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 01:47

Sound comments from red star par. No matter how you slice this, it just doesn`t make sense for these guys to seek administration.

They have brought in a new director whose experience suggests that his role may be to undertake an internal review of the club`s finances and operations to establish a viable way forward.

Most of these guys are shipping people used to the enormous peaks and troughs of the freight market. They are wired to long-term thinking. They deal daily with assets worth tens and hundreds of millions of pounds. It baffles me that they would even consider the administration route for DAFC.

The German investors would enormously help their cause if they were to open up to the fans about their current concerns, long-term plans, and commitment to the club. Their silence only invites further negative rumblings from the fan base, and that does no one any good.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 02:30

Topic Originator: red-star-par like
Date: Mon 5 Aug 23:46

In that initial statement it does also say "Assuming they exercise that option, DAFC Fussball GmbH will also hold an option to purchase the company which owns East End Park by May 2024.". Does anyone know if they took up that option?

You missed out part of the statement, which says in full:

"DAFC Fussball GmbH has been granted an option to purchase Pars United (EEP) Ltd (the company which owns East End Park) from the existing PUEEP shareholders, by May 2024, assuming it has exercised its right to increase its stake in DAFC to 75.1%."

GmbH did not exercise its right to increase to 75.1% its stake in DAFC Ltd. Instead, and IMO greatly to the advantage of the club, GmbH provided to DAFC Ltd an unsecured, interest-free convertible loan note, leaving the majority (66%) ownership of DAFC Ltd still with Pars United CIC. GmbH can change that loan into DAFC Ltd shares (taking their holding to 80%) at any time during a 5-year period from the loan`s issue, but have not as yet done so.

This was publicised in January 2022 and is still available on the club`s official website at https://dafc.co.uk/board-statement-11-01-2022/.

The stadium is therefore still owned by PUEEP Ltd, but any negotiations for GmbH to purchase it would almost certainly be confidential.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 03:43

Administration is a liquidation scenario where an insolvency arbitrator is appointed to oversee a company unable to meet its financial commitments. Our financial obligations are owed to ourselves (the board). Can you provide information about where you heard this from?

This feels like wild, unsubstantiated speculation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 06:54

It`s strange that we haven`t signed players good enough to keep us in this division considering the losses we made in league 1. We will have gate receipts from rover and Falkirk which in 1 game we probably make more off away fans than we will all season in league 1.

Releasing Little without a target is just as bad as offering new deals to players who aren`t good enough for this level.

We definitely need clarity on a few things although the club was silent when things weren`t going great last year so I don`t see that changing.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 07:55

Quote:

Quote:

Check out Raiths 20min video explaining the reasons behind Murrays sacking, also talking budget and plans.

It`s called transparency so everyone at the club is aware.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 08:57

I was looking at an article the other day and it dated back to the release of our 2018 accounts.We had just announced a profit for the 4th consecutive year and that period included us being in League One.We reached the playoffs and a couple of things went against us against Dundee Utd or we would have been playing Livi to get into the Premier.Our squad for the final game was as follows

Lee Robinson
Callum Morris
Lee Ashcroft
Lewis Martin
Ryan Williamson
Kallum Higginbotham
James Vincent
Frazer Aird
James Craigen
Nicky Clark
Declan McManus

Subs- Jean M`voto, Joe Cardle, Daniel Armstrong, Nat Wedderburn, Jason Talbot, Michael Paton, Cammy Gill

I don`t think there is much argument that is a stronger squad, we were competing for promotion and turning a profit.I know we have a few more paid positions but how have we gone from that to losing £1 million a year and having an inferior team and performances?

ETA-Average attendance last season was 200 more than 17/18 also.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Aug 09:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:36

`Patience is required for a project like this`

I keep seeing this,

11th season outside the top flight (our longest ever spell)

Entering 5th season of dafc fussball involvement.

The time for patience is long over. The jam tomorrow answers to current questions don`t cut it.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Aug 09:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:47

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Tue 6 Aug 07:55

Quote:

Quote:

Check out Raiths 20min video explaining the reasons behind Murrays sacking, also talking budget and plans.

It`s called transparency so everyone at the club is aware.

I watched that video. It looked like a load of old @rse and a fair amount of fans on pie and bovril think the same.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:02

19 minutes of stage managed waffle. Honestly I prefer the pre-social media days rather excruciating 24hr analysis paralysis.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:10

The boy should be a politician.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:14

Quote:

pars4life1, Tue 6 Aug 09:36

`Patience is required for a project like this`

I keep seeing this,

11th season outside the top flight (our longest ever spell)

Entering 5th season of dafc fussball involvement.

The time for patience is long over. The jam tomorrow answers to current questions don`t cut it.

Think we went 12 seasons outside top league between 1974- 1987

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:22

Quote:

parathletic, Tue 6 Aug 08:57

I was looking at an article the other day and it dated back to the release of our 2018 accounts.We had just announced a profit for the 4th consecutive year and that period included us being in League One.We reached the playoffs and a couple of things went against us against Dundee Utd or we would have been playing Livi to get into the Premier.Our squad for the final game was as follows

Lee Robinson
Callum Morris
Lee Ashcroft
Lewis Martin
Ryan Williamson
Kallum Higginbotham
James Vincent
Frazer Aird
James Craigen
Nicky Clark
Declan McManus

Subs- Jean M`voto, Joe Cardle, Daniel Armstrong, Nat Wedderburn, Jason Talbot, Michael Paton, Cammy Gill

I don`t think there is much argument that is a stronger squad, we were competing for promotion and turning a profit.I know we have a few more paid positions but how have we gone from that to losing £1 million a year and having an inferior team and performances?

ETA-Average attendance last season was 200 more than 17/18 also.

And 5he difference between that squad and the current one is that the experts on here were saying a different squad was a bunch of shyte wage thieves.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:35

Many of that squad were getting pelters,

Runs about a lot!🤔

Only gets a game because of his father!🤭

To highlight a couple.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Aug 11:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:44

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 6 Aug 11:35

Many of that squad were getting pelters,

Runs about a lot!🤔

Only gets a game because of his father!🤭

To highlight a couple.

Yeah there are armchair experts on every club forum up and down the land.Show me one that doesn`t give pelters to someone. Not many of the current squad would get in that team?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:54

Parking the dreadful lack of form and confidence for a minute, I think Benedictus, Otoo, Hamilton, Kane and Wotherspoon would get into that first XI.

Robinson

Williamson
Benedictus
Morris
Otoo

Higgy
Hamilton
Wotherspoon
Aird

Kane
Clark

That`s leaving out Ashcroft, Lewis Martin, James Vincent, James Craigen and McManus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:09

Could argue over a couple but the bench and options to come on is where the 18 team was vastly stronger imo.We were also making a profit with that squad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:20

I’ve been critical of Bene this season so far but from the highlights against Livingston there, looked like he had a belter.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:16

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 6 Aug 11:54

Parking the dreadful lack of form and confidence for a minute, I think Benedictus, Otoo, Hamilton, Kane and Wotherspoon would get into that first XI.

Robinson

Williamson
Benedictus
Morris
Otoo

Higgy
Hamilton
Wotherspoon
Aird

Kane
Clark

That`s leaving out Ashcroft, Lewis Martin, James Vincent, James Craigen and McManus.

That`s pretty much spot on.

Funnily enough looking back that time period we were pretty weak in centre midfield with plenty options on the wing, now it`s the opposite.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 17:31

Spend 20 minutes watching a video put out by the wee team? What`s wrong with you people!?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 18:45

Quote:

fcda, Tue 6 Aug 17:31

Spend 20 minutes watching a video put out by the wee team? What`s wrong with you people!?

Beat me to it.

This club is really going backward

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 14:54

Just bumping this so that a certain few posters can apologise to me if they feel like doing so.

Dreams stay with you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 14:55

Apologise for what... we aren`t or are we anywhere near going into administration.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 15:21

Quote:

AB Loyal, Fri 16 Aug 14:54

Just bumping this so that a certain few posters can apologise to me if they feel like doing so.

Apologise for what you said might happen not happening yet.

Okdoky

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 18:29

Apologies AB….

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 21:13

Quote:

AB Loyal, Fri 16 Aug 14:54

I am honestly and deeply sorry that you are a slavering idiot
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 22:39

So are the board genuinely surprised or not?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 23:19

I don`t want to censor anyone, and if AB Loyal or anyone else thinks the club is about to go into administration then of course they are right to say so (and to back it up with some facts if they can). Personally I think administration is no more than the very remote possibility that faces all businesses at a time of flux - other outcomes are far more likely

But we`ve seen in the last 24 hours that lazy journalists patrol this and other social media, hoping to get a juicy story. To see a thread near the top of the forum list headed "Administration" makes these journalists think they`ve got a scoop, and they don`t bother reading any comments that administration is highly unlikely. Before long the word is on people`s lips as something that is about to happen - even if it`s not.

Ideally, to let everyone still have their say but also to stop throwing oil on the fire, it would be better if AB Loyal just renamed the thread "Financial Problems" or something similar.

Or else we all just stop posting on the thread and let it drop down the page (I appreciate the irony of this post doing exactly the opposite!)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 23:32

Stanza is correct, the title of this thread could be changed to `Financial Situation` or anything else. People really need to be mindful of posting unfounded rumours on here.

Something like that can easily snowball out of control, like a run on a bank. People see this and then decide they won`t bother booking that hospitality table for a birthday in November, sponsoring that advertising hoarding, a player decides to take up another offer just in case
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 14:40

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 17 Aug 13:45

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 17 Aug 13:27

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 17 Aug 13:16

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Sat 17 Aug 11:40

We’ll soon see if McPakes tactics were dictated to him by Meggle….

That was the most interesting rumour eh! I would never be against someone like Meggle having an input considering his football background but if dictating things from his living room in Germany, I just don’t see that working

I think Meggle was in charge of St Pauli for 3 months in 2014/15. They finished in 15th that season, one point away from being relegated to the 3rd division-their worst season in the last 10 years.The following season they were 4th and are now ultimately in the Bundesliga.

So why would he never be against it? Strange that people had him on a pedestal

Yup. Tbf this thread is just full of nonsense considering the recent events (my nonsense included 😂)

Probably time to just close the tread

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 16:29

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 17 Aug 14:40

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That was the most interesting rumour eh! I would never be against someone like Meggle having an input considering his football background but if dictating things from his living room in Germany, I just don’t see that working

I think Meggle was in charge of St Pauli for 3 months in 2014/15. They finished in 15th that season, one point away from being relegated to the 3rd division-their worst season in the last 10 years.The following season they were 4th and are now ultimately in the Bundesliga.

Yup. Tbf this thread is just full of nonsense considering the recent events (my nonsense included 😂)

I am quite tyred of it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 19:08

Quote:

parsmad68, Sat 17 Aug 16:29

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 17 Aug 14:40

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am quite tyred of it

You know Asda apparently sells tyres these days

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net