DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 GMBH Statement
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:02

https://dafc.co.uk/gmbh-statement

It is with sadness and regret that we announce today that after four years of involvement we shall be putting our stake in Dunfermline Athletic Football Club up for sale. Recent events at the club have greatly contributed to this decision being made now.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 17:03)
[IP address logged]
 Re: GMBH Statement
Topic Originator: AveragePar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:07

Times are a changing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:10

So it`s all our fault? Pretty much sums their time at the club up to be honest
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:10

What a maddening statement.

Basically saying that we are unrealistic fans for wanting a second goalkeeper and a squad that can actually stay up?

Makes out that we shouldn`t ever criticise players or staff because they had a good League One winning season?

Says that there are no sour grapes after a whole load of the sourest sounding grapes ever?

Says that resources are being made available as if they`ve only just realised that the current squad aren`t good enough?

That statement makes it sound like they have no clue how football works, let alone Scottish football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:13

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 15 Aug 17:10

What a maddening statement.

Basically saying that we are unrealistic fans for wanting a second goalkeeper and a squad that can actually stay up?

Makes out that we shouldn`t ever criticise players or staff because they had a good League One winning season?

Says that there are no sour grapes after a whole load of the sourest sounding grapes ever?

Says that resources are being made available as if they`ve only just realised that the current squad aren`t good enough?

That statement makes it sound like they have no clue how football works, let alone Scottish football.

You have written exactly what I got from it. Hilarious.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:16

Statement basically sums up their time in charge, amateurish.

Hopefully Cook joins then and we can fingers crossed have a fresh start (again)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  

Good riddance. They’ve brought more negatives than positives to the club. They can bum themselves up all they like but they have failed miserably. Putting all their eggs in the academy basket was always something that was going to raise question marks, especially when we’ve been only participated in the Championship and league one recently. Squad improvement this and last season was and still is priority and we are still badly lacking because they failed to do this. Hopefully someone can take over who has the clubs best interests at heart and are competent at running a football club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  

:(

This is not good news. We need a new investor - someone who`s willing to lose millions. Any takers?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:17

The statement offers a great insight into the type of people that were involved in our club: stubborn, out of touch and naive.

I`d say "auf Wiedersehen" but that literally translates as "on seeing again", which I think there will be much agreement that we can definitely do without that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:18

An embarrassing statement to match an embarrassing ownership group. The sooner they are gone the better
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:18

Ridiculous statement but ultimately this is probably for the best. We should have saw this coming after the summer we have had.

Now we must hope that the club is headed for better things under a new owner. I’m optimistic a benevolent and generous individual or group might be waiting in the wings.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:20

Staggering. I wonder who wrote that?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:20

Statement stinks, they knew they were going no where and bolted but would rather blame the fans

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyDee  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:21

Mcpake been given transfer funds at least

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:22

I wonder if those `other parties` were interested when we were a profitable club pushing for the play-off spots in the Championship, or is it since we become saddled with debt, huge running losses and half a squad heading for another relegation.

I sure hope those portacabins in Rosyth are worth a fortune
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: micwip  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:22

What an embarrassing, childish was to communicate something like this. Fair enough of that’s your parting statement once you’ve got a deal over the line and you feel you have to. Not when you are looking to sell do you bite the hand that feeds you, you’re diminishing your product and value.

Its a hard life...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Postage Stamp  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:23

Sums up everything we all thought about what was going on behind the scenes.

How dare the fans think that we should have a 2nd contracted goalkeeper, a club doctor present on match days, or have the audicity to question the management team after a persistent period of poor results and well over a year of employing a painful to watch brand of football.

These guys are obviously out of touch. The statement is equal parts maddening and hilarious.

Can only hope the transition is a smooth process, but I don`t know who would be looking at the prospective investment as an attractive one as it stands, it`s a bit of a basket case at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:23

"Nevertheless we have felt for a while now, probably since the middle of last season, that long term planning and putting in place the building blocks for future success is not what many are looking for. Many seem to prefer an investor who has deep pockets to throw at the first team and try for the best over and over again each season. We said from the start that we are not this kind of investor and therefore have detected an increasing disappointment in our approach. Perhaps, therefore, we are not the right kind of investor in the eyes of many at the club."

It may be salty - but this part of the statement is bang on. Many do not have the patience for longer term investment. That`s not a criticism. Just a fact.

If they are looking for a club that will give them time to build from the `ground up` the Pars isn`t the right club for them, and selling up makes sense.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:24

Good riddance
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:25

Don`t think I`ve been this furious at a club statement since the laughable one when Grant was backed. What a bunch of condescending cowards, they`ve caused the mess we`re in not the fans
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:26

For some reason i read that in a German accent.

A lot to take in!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:26

To paraphrase, it’s not us, it’s you
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:27

spot on Bandy and it was obvious from the day it was announced that was always going to be the case, it was never going to work!

its not just luck whoever takes over the majority shareholding will need, its plenty of cash.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:28

It`s a horrible statement. Elements of truth in there but just horrible tone overall. Is this how PR works in Germany?

FWIW one thought I have is perhaps to cut Cook and co a bit of slack if this is what he`s working under? Succeed at Celtic, Forest, Man City but can`t cut it at the Pars? Give me a break.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:28

I am normally one of the poster defending the board/manager etc.

However I can only say that I read that statement open mouthed with shock it was so bad.

Utterly pathetic statement. Embarrassing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:31

Quote:

Geordiepar, Thu 15 Aug 17:28

I am normally one of the poster defending the board/manager etc.

However I can only say that I read that statement open mouthed with shock it was so bad.

Utterly pathetic statement. Embarrassing.

Aye, I think we`re on similar wavelengths.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:31

Let`s hope this is the beginning of the end of our "banter years" and not just the tip of the iceberg!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:32

It`s almost like it`s been ran through a beta version of Google translate then posted in English.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:35

"It may be salty - but this part of the statement is bang on. Many do not have the patience for longer term investment. That`s not a criticism. Just a fact."

IF there was evidence of it happening then fans would be more welcoming of it. Sell Edwards for couple £x00 k and then add 2/3 to the squad released from SPFL/English Prem/Champ academies who potentially have a resale value similar in a window or 2 time. Sadly we have sold and signed Kane and Wotherspoon who are realistically taking a last contract at 34 years old and no resale value at all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  

Made my week this has. GTF.

[IP address logged]

I thought they were experienced business people and Meggle a football person...sounds like amateurs all round, pathetic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:36

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Thu 15 Aug 17:32

Utter crooks . Called it months ago. I wonder how much money they have stolen from the club. Nisbet money was pocketed. Animals.

Don’t be silly. Read the articles….losing a million pound year on year the Nisbet money doesn’t touch the surface
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  

J f c
What an absolute embarrassing statement.
Unprofessional to say the least.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  

Rusty nails it.

There are definitely some elements in truth in the statement but it is so poorly executed.

Any future investor reading that statement would and should be running a mile before investing in our club.

This could have been much better handled if honest transparent updates were shared with fans.

I fully understand that we as fans can be demanding BUT to be demanding updates on a back-up keeper, club doctor and replacements for departed players on an already super-thin squad is not unreasonable.

When such answers where not forthcoming, this led to some toxicity but again this could have been over-come with better PR

Honestly, that statement looks like it was rushed, hastily assembled and written by the huffiest person on the planet

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:40

This won`t be a quick process.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:41

Blame the fans says it all really.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:42

So why didn’t the they make the money now available as of Monday’s board meeting available a month ago?

We would have been better on the park which might have avoided some of the backlash and if not at least we would have known where our main problem lies.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:42

Living true sportmanship LOL!

Let’s pray someone is in the wings!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:43

I’m guessing we won’t be seeing them around the place again

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:44

Making money available now cause they need to protect an investment, how will they get rid if we are in third tier?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:45

Brought in a CFO and a week later the club is up for sale. Long term planning my a***. He opened the books, told them they are never making money, the club is going down the toilet and get out while you can.

And then put out that statement. At least with Masterton we got a Scottish Cup final..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:49

Perhaps, therefore, we are not the right kind of investor in the eyes of many at the club. - 100% correct

If the money had been made available earlier we might have had a team that could compete many more season ticket holders and an increased attendance v falkirk and may have beaten them. Too late in realising you got it wrong and to come out with a rambling statement is embarrassing.

Living true sportsmanship what does that joke of a statement mean, sport is about winners which we were not under the German ownership.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:52

Folk got that they wanted with Ross McArthur and now with the German Investors and then have the neck to complain about them releasing a statement telling the truth.
It`s the unreasonable expectation of people who don`t invest a fraction of what others invest but feel the need to criticise every decision that has us in this position.
Same managerial experts and company financiers that post dribble on this site week in week out.
Congratulations, job done muppets

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:54

Quote:

68guns, Thu 15 Aug 17:52

Folk got that they wanted with Ross McArthur and now with the German Investors and then have the neck to complain about them releasing a statement telling the truth.
It`s the unreasonable expectation of people who don`t invest a fraction of what others invest but feel the need to criticise every decision that has us in this position.
Same managerial experts and company financiers that post dribble on this site week in week out.

Oh wheest. The clubs issues rest mainly at their feet. Good riddance to the mob
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:55

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 15 Aug 17:16

:(

This is not good news. We need a new investor - someone who`s willing to lose millions. Any takers?

Or Investors who run the club sensibly like other full time clubs in Scotland and realise the potential that having a good first team will bring.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:56

Quote:

Are you German too?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:56

Quote:

Okay Mr Meggle step away from the keyboard. We were rank rotten under them. We are probably the only team in the UK with only 1 keeper. We got rid of pars TV away games to save money. They built an astro with a few porta cabins down at rosyth.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 17:58

I’m excited and getting in touch with my Qatar contacts to try to get an Investor 👍👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:00

To summarise that article: they’ve bottled it.

First period of fan disappointment and they’ve thrown in the towel, good riddance.

The majority of the article where it explains what they were trying to do, I can totally agree with and get behind but what they fail to understand is it needs to be done block by block as they say, with continued investment in the first team, it can’t be to the detriment and that’s exactly what’s happened.

If injuries have had a massive impact on the budget which I don’t doubt, pause the academy and get the first team right again.

The tone of the article though is absolutely shocking, and points the blame firmly on the fans for not being patient with what they were trying to achieve, that we are to accept the position we are in because they are building us an academy and training ground.

They are four years in to their seven year plan and we’ve had no communication on progress to date against target, we have no idea if we’re ahead or behind plan etc.

This is Scottish football, there isn’t a lot of money in it, there’s not masses amount of talent here and think they’ve just gone all about it with the right intentions but got it completely wrong.

They are now making it out like they’ve met and have agreed to release funds for transfers like they are doing us a favour but as poster above suggests, they’re now preserving themselves with a pending sale in mind and having us languishing at the bottom is now bad for business.

I think for us fans though, shrug it off and see this as a big positive and hope that the new investors, now knowing why this crowd have jumped ship, might be a better fit for what we want and someone more capable to fulfil it.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 18:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sabino  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:06

Cpl Jones got it spot on
They don`t like it up em
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:10

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 15 Aug 17:44

Making money available now cause they need to protect an investment, how will they get rid if we are in third tier?

I don`t think that statement does anything to protect their investment. They`ve announced themselves publicly as distressed sellers looking to cut their losses.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:11

Quote:

Berry, Thu 15 Aug 18:00

To summarise that article: they’ve bottled it.

First period of fan disappointment and they’ve thrown in the towel, good riddance.

The majority of the article where it explains what they were trying to do, I can totally agree with and get behind but what they fail to understand is it needs to be done block by block as they say, with continued investment in the first team, it can’t be to the detriment and that’s exactly what’s happened.

If injuries have had a massive impact on the budget which I don’t doubt, pause the academy and get the first team right again.

The tone of the article though is absolutely shocking, and points the blame firmly on the fans for not being patient with what they were trying to achieve, that we are to accept the position we are in because they are building us an academy and training ground.

They are four years in to their seven year plan and we’ve had no communication on progress to date against target, we have no idea if we’re ahead or behind plan etc.

This is Scottish football, there isn’t a lot of money in it, there’s not masses amount of talent here and think they’ve just gone all about it with the right intentions but got it completely wrong.

They are now making it out like they’ve met and have agreed to release funds for transfers like they are doing us a favour but as poster above suggests, they’re now preserving themselves with a pending sale in mind and having us languishing at the bottom is now bad for business.

I think for us fans though, shrug it off and see this as a big positive and hope that the new investors, now knowing why this crowd have jumped ship, might be a better fit for what we want and someone more capable to fulfil it.

^^^ Well said Berry

The accountant in me is suspicious that they recently appointed a financial director and his verdict was a shock to them which resulted in the hastily written rant blaming fan impatience at their lack of communication on valid questions.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigbeefcake  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:11

So out of touch, sums this regime up to be honest. Nobody expects us to be spending millions or even challenging up the higher end of the premier league. But with our crowds etc we should easily be competing at championship level and have the resources to do so. Plain to see this season only thing we`re competing for is tenth.

68guns post further up - deary me. That`s a bury head in the sand Rangers mentality of lets pretend everything is hunky dory.

And as for the managenment team part i don`t think there is a clamber to sack them. Majority realise his hands have been tied, brand of football been poor but probably just enough goodwill left in the tank to see if things could improve with some backing. If he were to be backed and there wasn`t an improvement then i think fans would be right in asking for change.

It`s another big beefy bonanza at the beefcake boulevard!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:12

That’s some statement 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:12

I`ve read it 4 times and tried to listen to their viewpoint fairly, but my overall feeling is that the tone is so nippy, with a strong dose of arrogance, that I feel annoyed at it.

The kindest interpretation you can put on it is that they didn`t really understand what they were getting into. They don`t say this, but to me it comes over as them thinking they had found a small club in some small backwater league where their grand vision would be welcomed, regardless of how it might damage that club in other ways. Did they understand that this club actually really matters to a lot of people, and carries a lot of people`s hopes and dreams? It doesn`t seem like they did. There`s talk of their aim to create a unique identity, but our identity doesn`t need a grand vision based on that nonsense of true sportsmanship (which was defined dreadfully). Our identity is as a professional football club based in Dunfermline with a support drawn from people who live there or have connections to the town.

They claim that they have funded the work on the new training facility, and I`d be interested to know what that actually means. Having reported such a huge loss in the last accounts, I`ve asked here at least twice if my interpretation is correct, that the £1M loss is covered mainly by a reduction of cash and an increase in `other creditors`, which are due to be paid within a year. I never yet got an answer from anyone with a better understanding of accounts than I do. If I`m reading it right, there have to be questions as to whether they really have funded it, or whether they`ve burdened the club with debt to fund it. I still feel this is a pertinent question.

And it leads on to other questions. They talk of `selling` their stake in the club - are they looking to recoup their costs by doing that? Will they still expect any loans to them to be repaid?

It probably is true that Dunfermline Athletic is not the best club to take on if you want do do what they wanted, but I`d say that they`d have had similar issues at any mid-ranking Scottish club if it appeared that they were starving the first team of money, greatly increasing the risk of relegation, and diverting it to other projects.

It`s a sad end and leaves things looking uncertain. But, `investors` in football usually see their time at clubs end unglamourously, whether it happens fast or slow. If they can quietly find their way out without inflicting any further damage, that`s probably the best outcome for all.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 18:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:14

I haven`t read the statement to be honest, but I would suspect it`s a number of factors. There was BREXIT that has no doubt had an impact, COVID and a long injury list. A bit of a perfect storm over the last few years. There is rarely a single factor that leads to a decision like this, so I would be surprised and disappointed that this is being wholly levelled at the supporters door.

Investing in the Championship is always going to be a challenge with many competing factors and to try and manage the club as investors from a distance I am sure is a challenge. I think you have to understand the perspective of a group of individuals who have put their own money into the club and reflect on the comments they have made.

The decision is made and the key question is where do the club go from here. More uncertain times ahead.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:15

End of the day, they have no emotional connection to DAFC and therein lies the problem.
They didn’t understand the fans ambition for our club, probably our history either.
Pretty pathetic statement as well.
No second goalie is an utter joke and an embarrassment.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:17

That’s definitely the case DunfyDave, they admit themselves in the statement pretty much when they said they noticed their aspirations wasn’t matching the fans earlier last season.

I’m hoping there’s another article soon with a couple of other pending departures to be honest.

Not James McPake though, he’s a young ambitious manager who granted is learning as he goes but this is his first period where it isn’t going too well and he isn’t getting the support he needs that he should be from the board.

I’d like him to stay.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:17

I`m not altogether surprised, and the statement is overlong and self-justifying. If they had decided to leave, they should just have said: "We had a plan, it hasn't worked for a number of reasons and we have decided it's time to part company."

But overall, I`m disappointed. At a time when I believe we needed cool heads and stability, we are now faced with a very high level of uncertainty that will affect all staff at the club, the management & players, and perhaps results. Long term infrastructure plans are now in doubt, which will affect future finances - GmbH will not want to keep putting money into them, and whoever the new owner is might want to ditch them or cut costs. It`s not clear to me (depends on the contract wording) how this affects GmbH`s convertible loan note in respect of the PUCIC shares, or the GmbH right to buy the stadium from PUEEP.

I completely understand the dissatisfaction of many/all fans with the onfield results, and clearly some action was needed. Time, and the actions of a new owner, will tell if GmbH walking (or being driven) away has been the right thing for DAFC, and I hope it is. Many highly vocal supporters will be delighted, especially those who never wanted GmbH to be the owners of DAFC. I would just caution: "Be careful what you wish for!"

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 18:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:18

Good post, Socks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  

Well that`s 15 minutes I won`t get back.
What a load of cobblers.
So long and thanks for all the pihs.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]

I suppose we will never find out now how we managed to lose a million pounds two years in a row ?

Had we been better managed, we would not have been in this position

Time to cut our cloth and get rid of unnecessary overheads

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 18:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:19

Quote:

Indiapar, Thu 15 Aug 18:14

I haven`t read the statement to be honest, but I would suspect it`s a number of factors. There was BREXIT that has no doubt had an impact, COVID and a long injury list. A bit of a perfect storm over the last few years. There is rarely a single factor that leads to a decision like this, so I would be surprised and disappointed that this is being wholly levelled at the supporters door.

Investing in the Championship is always going to be a challenge with many competing factors and to try and manage the club as investors from a distance I am sure is a challenge. I think you have to understand the perspective of a group of individuals who have put their own money into the club and reflect on the comments they have made.

The decision is made and the key question is where do the club go from here. More uncertain times ahead.

Excluding last year’s injuries every other club has had to deal with the same issues and are nowhere near the mess we are in…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:19

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Thu 15 Aug 18:15

End of the day, they have no emotional connection to DAFC and therein lies the problem.
They didn’t understand the fans ambition for our club, probably our history either.

Gives us Germans a bad name, mein freund

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jaygee  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:20

what it says is effectively we haven`t found it as easy to make as much cash as we thought, therefore we are giving up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:21

To be honest, I`m quite disappointed. While there were a lot of things wrong about the place with regards to communication and professionalism, I thought they were on the right path with this academy route. Maybe not putting all our eggs in one basket bringing through our own kids, but I thought there was merit in a strategy of picking up good youngsters at 18, 19 from bigger academies and giving them a route into first team football.

Getting the Academy started will be a good thing for the club, a good training base. I`m a bit worried now of what will happen to it if new owners come in (or, if new owners DON`T come in).

I am really worried where this will end up, are they going to sell to the right people, or will we just end up with fly by nighters like ICT have got, some American after a Scotch plaything or become part of some investment group that sees it`s best players shipped off to another club in the group.

At the match I`ve not really detected much unrest from the fans, with the exception of one guy getting right in Cook`s face at the end of the Falkirk game (well done bright spark....that`s gonna cost us). Most of the dissent has come through anonymous posters online, probably kids who want everything now. I guess that`s the nature of people today, they want instant gratification and aren`t prepared to wait 7 years for it.

Most of all, I`m disappointed in GMBH for pulling out. I really thought they were credible, professional business people who had a long term plan and were going to stick to it. I`m absolutely shocked that they have just decided to up sticks and leave the moment things weren`t going their way.

For me, communication had to be better. If they had explained that after losing around £1,000,000 after relegation followed by unprecedented injuries last season which meant they had to dig deep in their pockets again last season to bring in extra players in the January window, then they could have simply explained that investment in first team players was simply not possible this season, and we would be having a tight squad supplemented by the academy graduates. I think at least setting that expectation would have been accepted by most Pars fans.

This statement isn`t great either, smacks of blaming the fans rather than taking the blame for their own failings. Looks like they have bottled it at the first chance, so disappointed in them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NewPoster2024  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:22

I think a lot of folk might not like it, but there`s a lot of truth in the statement from the board.

When they came in, they explicitly said they weren`t going to be the usual sort of football investors. They wanted to build the foundations and seek to improve gradually, year on year. Their focus was to be on creating a youth academy and employing people who could hopefully take the club to the next level.

Soon enough, really idiotic conspiracy theories started to fester. People accused them of grand plots to sell East End Park, of buying a provincial Scottish football club with sinister motives to asset strip (despite them actively doing the opposite, and the idea some rich Germans would buy a small town football club to build a few houses being utterly ludicrous).

Plans were developed for a new training ground/youth academy. A new Chief Executive was found, a Pars fan with good pedigree at the highest level down south. They tried to find new revenue streams - a sponsor was found for the stadium, fan zone was created for the Euros, a third strip was introduced, and so on. Some reasonably exciting young talent was brought in like Ritchie-Hosler and Otto. Some new prospects were starting to come through the youth setup. Some experienced players were brought in like Benedictus or Wotherspoon.

After relegation, if we take an objective look (not at a few results, but at the finishing position in the table), the club have been gradually improving. The club were promoted at the first time of asking, then consolidated with a mid-table finish in the Championship. We`re not many games into the current season.

But the fan base is impatient. We lose a few games and suddenly everyone loses their minds. Some who`ve heard something down the pub, start to claim we`re about to enter administration and demand answers from the board. People create rumours that some staff are on insane salaries, then get worked up about it. People accuse the board of trying to `fleece` the fans out of money by introducing a third kit, whist calling for more investment in the playing squad.

If I was an investor, I`d want out. They wanted to build strong foundations to improve the club over time. Most of the people on here would far rather we `live in the moment` than think about the future. You`d be happy if we spent outside what we can, even if it meant pain later. The investors wanted to take a new approach, rather than have us go through the same cycle we`ve been through in the past of boom then bust.

To be honest, I used to think we had a pretty decent fanbase. But I now don`t think we do. We forced out the last guy in charge with abuse, and now we`ve forced out these guys. Why would anyone invest?

Last season we gained promotion, then finished mid-table. Promotion, then mid-table. But these boards were full of utter bile week after week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:25

I work with Germans. Never once will they ever admit to potentially being wrong. It is not in their make up. Interesting to note that they call it a day when the cash flow peak has passed. I said interesting times when the CFO came in and was not disappointed or surprised
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:28

Good post Berry..

Surely fans in Germany would have reacted exactly the same as us with this debacle. Or would they just sit back and endure poor results, poor players playing for their teams and put up with relegation(s)...?

I was all for their academy plan, but we also need a 1st team who are comfortably involved in battling for top 4, not trying to fight off relegation every season. The fans would flee quick smart, and now they`re realising this is the case.

Such a shame though as our club is going through the wringer again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:28

OK, whatever you think about them, the decision has been made and they’re off. My worry is, what now? Massive uncertainty and we’re still haemorrhaging money week in week out. The club needs to be very careful about the next move it makes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:31

Quote:

NewPoster2024, Thu 15 Aug 18:22

I think a lot of folk might not like it, but there`s a lot of truth in the statement from the board.

When they came in, they explicitly said they weren`t going to be the usual sort of football investors. They wanted to build the foundations and seek to improve gradually, year on year. Their focus was to be on creating a youth academy and employing people who could hopefully take the club to the next level.

Soon enough, really idiotic conspiracy theories started to fester. People accused them of grand plots to sell East End Park, of buying a provincial Scottish football club with sinister motives to asset strip (despite them actively doing the opposite, and the idea some rich Germans would buy a small town football club to build a few houses being utterly ludicrous).

Plans were developed for a new training ground/youth academy. A new Chief Executive was found, a Pars fan with good pedigree at the highest level down south. They tried to find new revenue streams - a sponsor was found for the stadium, fan zone was created for the Euros, a third strip was introduced, and so on. Some reasonably exciting young talent was brought in like Ritchie-Hosler and Otto. Some new prospects were starting to come through the youth setup. Some experienced players were brought in like Benedictus or Wotherspoon.

After relegation, if we take an objective look (not at a few results, but at the finishing position in the table), the club have been gradually improving. The club were promoted at the first time of asking, then consolidated with a mid-table finish in the Championship. We`re not many games into the current season.

But the fan base is impatient. We lose a few games and suddenly everyone loses their minds. Some who`ve heard something down the pub, start to claim we`re about to enter administration and demand answers from the board. People create rumours that some staff are on insane salaries, then get worked up about it. People accuse the board of trying to `fleece` the fans out of money by introducing a third kit, whist calling for more investment in the playing squad.

If I was an investor, I`d want out. They wanted to build strong foundations to improve the club over time. Most of the people on here would far rather we `live in the moment` than think about the future. You`d be happy if we spent outside what we can, even if it meant pain later. The investors wanted to take a new approach, rather than have us go through the same cycle we`ve been through in the past of boom then bust.

To be honest, I used to think we had a pretty decent fanbase. But I now don`t think we do. We forced out the last guy in charge with abuse, and now we`ve forced out these guys. Why would anyone invest?

Last season we gained promotion, then finished mid-table. Promotion, then mid-table. But these boards were full of utter bile week after week.

Aye, good David. Now don’t let the door hit your bottom on the way out
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:32

So they’ve listened to a few dissenting voices online and run for the hills? Really?

What about the fans who knew and understood their opening statement when they arrived, were apprehensive naturally but wanted the best for the club, and have hoped it would work out? They’ve been ignored?

Sounds like a massive cop out imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:33

Where`s Parrots pal with the Walsall contacts? Lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:35

They arrived with seven year plan ,we gave them under 4yrs ,Many on here have achieved what they wanted ,let`s see what happens now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:36

It is what it is… it’s not working better to cut losses for both sides now.

What I will say tho is we’ve only found out about it now, their decision was made months ago.

We’ll also see very soon how effective Cook is. We can all see he’s no a very good PR/fan communication guy. Let’s hope he’s better with the corporate/investor types. I actually hope he’s successful because that would success for our club.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:39

Quote:

doctordandruff, Thu 15 Aug 17:10

So it`s all our fault? Pretty much sums their time at the club up to be honest

Utter gaslighting p@@h
We were I premier playoffs on the up after a long term strategy we had any after the admin..managing without a training ground etc…

Since then decline - and thats the fans fault ?? - the very folk who built the club into a viable option for them to buy into in the first place… could rant am night - but good riddance and don’t show ur face in east end again….

‘level of current frustration is creating an environment in which longer term planning is not possible and is also not in keeping with our ethos of “Living True Sportsmanship” - and allocated more resources on 12 August

Utterly astonishing so — We lose how many games in a row do they even know — with poor performances - low motivation and with our strongest team (apart from Matty) manager devoid of any resources - and it’s not in keeping with your ethos….

Well paying for a season ticket shouldn’t have been in my ethos if I’d known how bad it was going to get

Off for a beer..

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 19:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:39

I feel sorry for McPake. It must have been like hitting his head against a brick wall dealing with this crowd. Hopefully we will see a more attack style of play.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:42

So many questions, but will keep it to one

2x £1 million losses year on year, who carries that can?

2022/23 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:42

This wont be a quick process either btw - these guys will most likely be in charge for at least this season. Nobody has the £2-3 million readily available to buy them out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:46

Awful statement for the reasons folks have described - not the sort of folks to be owning our club with rants like that. And I’m still at a loss as to what they hoped to get out of all this? Surely much better investing in a “normal” business? I’m also concerned at how the losses have been made, our current cash flow situation - and how much they have personally paid themselves over the 4 years - does that account for a large portion of the losses?

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McNaughton Scores!  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:49

Had the details in that statement in relation to how they wanted to run the club been well communicated over the last couple of seasons, then the current disgruntlement wouldn`t be happening. Most people are ok with being patient if they understand the long term strategy.

It`s their failure to give regular communication to get fans buy-in to their strategy of securing mid-table and building a squad over a number of seasons that`s allowed dissatisfaction to grow in the vacuum.

In addition to not selling the vision, they got the balance wrong. The 1st team needs to be doing sufficiently well to keep people on board.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:50

Quote:

DrumRoad, Thu 15 Aug 18:42

So many questions, but will keep it to one

2x £1 million losses year on year, who carries that can?

Cook
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:52

It was never going to work. Their idea might have worked at a league 2 club but you can’t come into a decent sized Scottish championship club and not properly invest in the first team. Arguably the highest season ticket prices in the league and one of the biggest crowds but we can’t have a back up keeper on the bench. The whole thing stinks. As someone above posted, they don’t have a clue about our club, history or the fans in general. None of us are naive enough to think we’re going to be greatly successful but we do expect to be competitive. Which we haven’t been.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:53

Quote:

McNaughton Scores!, Thu 15 Aug 18:49

Had the details in that statement in relation to how they wanted to run the club been well communicated over the last couple of seasons, then the current disgruntlement wouldn`t be happening. Most people are ok with being patient if they understand the long term strategy.

It`s their failure to give regular communication to get fans buy-in to their strategy of securing mid-table and building a squad over a number of seasons that`s allowed dissatisfaction to grow in the vacuum.

In addition to not selling the vision, they got the balance wrong. The 1st team needs to be doing sufficiently well to keep people on board.

Absolutely spot on

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:56

Honestly what a bunch of idiots, expecting us to put up with a mediocre team whilst we slowly grind away at the bottom of the league. Nope get them out of our club. Let’s hope we can get someone in that wants to focus on the first team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:01

"I feel sorry for McPake. It must have been like hitting his head against a brick wall dealing with this crowd. Hopefully we will see a more attack style of play"

Even in the first division the football was slow and turgid, masked only by the fact we managed to sneak a win most games. At the time it was thought to be teams sitting in, but now it just seems to be the style of the manager... So don`t expect the product to change

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:03

They state last seasons heroes can become this season`s discards 2 games into a season.

1. After morton and Queen`s Park last season, the rest of the season was a whimper, the only exception being dundee utd....which papered over the cracks.

2. The season is 6 games old, and in that time, we have lost to our greatest rivals and two part-time teams at home.

We have every right to question the players , the management, and the board.

I personally don`t think their pockets are as deep as we thought, and they underestimated the amount of capital required to start the route they wanted to go down. Especially after we were relegated and the extra costs that followed.

The statement reeks of gaslighting, and the next Tifo should mention this in German.

Dastards!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:04

That statement is imo embarrassing to everyone associated with Dunfermline Athletic!
Putting us down as it’s the fans fault blah blah…and get tae with the sportsmanship crap..
They have bailed out as they don’t know how to run a football club… They don’t give any money for players but suddenly there is a budget for McPake to spend.. only because if we go down there is no chance of them selling their shares!
The academy ground will be sold soon to a buyer as it’s just an Astro with cabins… hope the cabins were only rented?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:10

Funds have been made available for “sensible” players! What’s that? Cheap and injury prone?

We’ve been underachieving for far too long- we have a stadium better than at least a third of the SPL and have crowds that could easily maintain our position in the top flight (St Mirrens ground only holds around 8,000 and are holding their own in Europe! That’s where we could be! The difference? A good manager and not going the cheap option!

I never got the feeling that the German board were that interested in getting to the SPL! More happy in the Championship playing young guys and selling them on!

Hopefully the new owners will see our potential and willing to back us to go for it!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:14

Clearly did inadequate due diligence.

To invest in a Fife football club and expect anything but lots of moaning was clearly going to end in tears.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:16

Bandy - "It may be salty - but this part of the statement is bang on. Many do not have the patience for longer term investment. That`s not a criticism. Just a fact.

If they are looking for a club that will give them time to build from the `ground up` the Pars isn`t the right club for them, and selling up makes sense."

I think thst first point is unfair - most people are happy that we are trying to get the youth academy up and running again and having a training base is a good thing in theory. What most folk have - rightly, IMO - pointed out is thar something like that can`t come at the detriment of the first team and that should we get relegated, having a youth academy and training base is going to be something we likely can`t afford.

68 Guns - "Folk got that they wanted with Ross McArthur and now with the German Investors and then have the neck to complain about them releasing a statement telling the truth.
Same managerial experts and company financiers that post dribble on this site week in week out."

Who "got what they wanted"? Most fans rightly thought Ross did a very good job (hiring of Grant perhaps apart) and what have we "wanted" the German Investors? How is having a second goalkeeper an "unreasonable expectation"? Why would fans not criticise if we have a paper thin squad and can`t compete with the likes of Morton and Hamilton when we have a bigger fanbase, better facilities, supposedly a better management team etc? For someone complaining about people posting dribble, that`s some nonsense you`ve posted!

NewPoster2024 - Chunking yours up as it`s quite lengthy"

1. "When they came in, they explicitly said they weren`t going to be the usual sort of football investors. They wanted to build the foundations and seek to improve gradually, year on year. Their focus was to be on creating a youth academy and employing people who could hopefully take the club to the next level..."

They said they wouldn`t be throwing money at the first team. In football terms that is usually signing players from a higher level on big money for short term gains (Rangers on "the journey", Gretna under Mileson, Kelty in the Lowland League). It usually doesn`t mean scrimping so much that we don`t have a second goalkeeper several weeks into the season.

2."Plans were developed for a new training ground/youth academy. A new Chief Executive was found, a Pars fan with good pedigree at the highest level down south. They tried to find new revenue streams - a sponsor was found for the stadium, fan zone was created for the Euros, a third strip was introduced, and so on..."

And again, most people have given credit where it`s due to the commercial director for new revenue streams especially the Euros fan zone, although it`s worth pointing out that getting maming rights for the grou

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:24

Neglecting the first team squad and putting all your eggs in the youth basket, in theis country, is not going to go well.

Good riddance I say. Been nothing but amateur stuff since they came in. Peter Grant debacle is up there with the biggest self-inflected disasters in Scottish football.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:27

Seems like my reply post was too big for this tin pot site.

NewPoster2024 - Chunking yours up as it`s quite lengthy"

1. "When they came in, they explicitly said they weren`t going to be the usual sort of football investors. They wanted to build the foundations and seek to improve gradually, year on year. Their focus was to be on creating a youth academy and employing people who could hopefully take the club to the next level..."

They said they wouldn`t be throwing money at the first team. In football terms that is usually signing players from a higher level on big money for short term gains (Rangers on "the journey", Gretna under Mileson, Kelty in the Lowland League). It usually doesn`t mean scrimping so much that we don`t have a second goalkeeper several weeks into the season.

2."Plans were developed for a new training ground/youth academy. A new Chief Executive was found, a Pars fan with good pedigree at the highest level down south. They tried to find new revenue streams - a sponsor was found for the stadium, fan zone was created for the Euros, a third strip was introduced, and so on..."

And again, most people have given credit where it`s due to the commercial director for new revenue streams especially the Euros fan zone, although it`s worth pointing out that getting maming rights for the ground has been an ongoing project for years and that having a third kit is not new, even to the Pars (my very first post here was about our purple third kit that we brought out in about 1998, and the black and gold kit this year`s away kit is based on was a third kit too).

3. "But the fan base is impatient. We lose a few games and suddenly everyone loses their minds."

It`s not about losing a few games though, is it? It`s about not investing in the first team to the extent that we have no second goalkeeper and no back up left back. It`s counting Sam Young as being in the first team squad to take us to 19, when he`s not going to get a game unless we`re 3-0 up and cruising.

4. "If I was an investor, I`d want out. They wanted to build strong foundations to improve the club over time. Most of the people on here would far rather we `live in the moment` than think about the future. You`d be happy if we spent outside what we can, even if it meant pain later. The investors wanted to take a new approach, rather than have us go through the same cycle we`ve been through in the past of boom then bust."

Again, you`re saying the same incorrect stuff. We`re not asking to spend beyond our means or to get promoted this season. We`re asking for a squad that can compete, even if that means scrambling around mid table. I`d argue that we should have been targeting the top 4 given there`s no "big" team in the division this year but even if we aren`t to have a squad capable of that, I`d hope we would have a squad capable of at least competing with the two teams who came up last year?

5. "Last season we gained promotion, then finished mid-table

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:31

I said this 3 years ago with reservations and here we are today!
Now I just hope they don’t own the stadium or the land the stadium sits on as I heard it’s in the pars trust but who owns the training academy site? We all know it was built through grants so how much is the land worth to sell to get the money back and go?
Honestly I worked with German investors 6 years ago and they are ruthless with plans and strategy…plus they have a way out if their plan does not materialise.. and that’s exactly what is happening now…they will have a easy quick way to recoup the money and I bet that’s on the training ground..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:35

Seems like my second reply post was also too big for this tin pot site.l!

5. "Last season we gained promotion, then finished mid-table. Promotion, then mid-table. But these boards were full of utter bile week after week."

The boards were full of legitimate complaints about the standard of football and at results like being humiliated at home to Greenock f***ing Morton. Maybe you`re happy with that, I wasn`t and many others weren`t too. But bile? If you can`t stick legitimate criticism then why are you in professional sport?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:36

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 15 Aug 19:31

Now I just hope they don’t own the stadium or the land the stadium sits on as I heard it’s in the pars trust but who owns the training academy site? We all know it was built through grants so how much is the land worth to sell to get the money back and go?
Honestly I worked with German investors 6 years ago and they are ruthless with plans and strategy…plus they have a way out if their plan does not materialise.. and that’s exactly what is happening now…they will have a easy quick way to recoup the money and I bet that’s on the training ground..

The academy site is leased. I`m assuming from the council. PUCIC are still the main shareholders in the club as per the statement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:43

Quote:

weemike, Thu 15 Aug 19:36

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 15 Aug 19:31

The academy site is leased. I`m assuming from the council. PUCIC are still the main shareholders in the club as per the statement.

GMBH also do not own EEP or the land it sits on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:46

Blaming the fans for their financial mismanagement.
Classy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:47

Quote:

Big T Par, Thu 15 Aug 18:19

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Thu 15 Aug 18:15

Gives us Germans a bad name, mein freund

Indeed mate. But we’ve seen with Dortmund boards aren’t always onside with the fans either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:50

Didn`t take long for the two German major league beancounters recently parachuted on to the Board to get things in order.

Heaven knows where the club goes from here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:52

Regardless of the points made, the tone of the statement beggars belief.

It`s like a wee laddy who has just lost at a video game sending messages to his team mates in a fit of rage "I would have won if it wasn`t for YOU"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:53

It will be interesting to hear peter Grant and John Hughes thoughts once they are gone. More to come from this, I reckon.

We also should be mindful that this could be a long drawn out process.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:54

Quote:

^^^ Hard to argue with you on your points NP24 - We certainly have seen the rumour mill grow momentum, then toxic.

But this could have been managed better with transparency and honesty and managing expectations. This is sometimes a BIG part of business.

I am all for the academy but I am also all for sustaining the 1st team. I think this has been mis-managed which lead to the thin squad numbers which led to the hard questions, rumours and toxicity.

Some fans are to blame for exaggerations and starting the rumour mill BUT eventually they were pretty much proven correct on today`s board announcement.

The investors announcement is without exaggeration one of the worst board announcements I have ever read. Any future investor reading that should be frightened to invest in us.

Things may get a little frustrating in the near future.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:00

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 15 Aug 19:50

Didn`t take long for the two German major league beancounters recently parachuted on to the Board to get things in order.

Heaven knows where the club goes from here.

I think going back to a fan owned club is the only reasonable position financially we have. The squad is thin, not on high wages and we can self regulate with transparency.
My biggest irk with what’s going on is nobody knows what money is going where.
A million pound loss the past year was outrageous.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:03

"Regardless of the points made, the tone of the statement beggars belief.

It`s like a wee laddy who has just lost at a video game sending messages to his team mates in a fit of rage "I would have won if it wasn`t for YOU""

Embarrassing doesn`t even begin to describe it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:19

At least the statement is written in the style of .net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:26

Fingers crossed we can find a buyer. What a horrible position these investors have left us in. Million pound loses, training facilities we probably can’t afford to have and who knows what loans we are liable for.
I never thought we’d see our club in this position again. Sad day for DAFC!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:29

I hope the creditors have been paid off? This would make finding a buyer a whole lot easier

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:51

If they’d freed up funds at the start of pre-season then the squad would be stronger, results and performances most likely better = fans happier.

We might have got through to the next round or the cup and got some return on that investment in the first team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:54

That’s all the fans were asking for

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:59

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 15 Aug 20:29

I hope the creditors have been paid off? This would make finding a buyer a whole lot easier

I’m pretty sure there is creditors that are due significant payments around the end of this year. If that liability falls on the club or the investors… I don’t know.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:11

Will fall on the club

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:15

Quote:

jaygee, Thu 15 Aug 18:20

what it says is effectively we haven`t found it as easy to make as much cash as we thought, therefore we are giving up.

Or to put it another way, we`ve underestimated the costs, have lost a fortune and been slaughtered for the privilege so we`ve had enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stozy  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:18

Laughable statement. Long term plans are great but you can`t totally neglect the here and now. Player recruitment has been poor for a few years and it is very much showing. A squad barely staying in the championship isn`t a strong base from which to build. Nobody expects crazy money. Acting like promotion from league 1 is a success when we should never have been there in the first place shows a lack of understanding.

Communication has been poor all the way. Lots of generic words, empty gestures, and statements but not enough substance. I don`t think they brought much to the table honestly, but if they believe their long-term plan is still on the way why let a few fans get in the way? Explain better, get them on side, improve the short-term and work on the plan step by step.

Hopefully it`s just some folk who bit off more than they could chew and they are getting out. The money situation is a concern though, where is the money? Are there things coming down the line they don`t want to be on the hook for?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: irishmcbride  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:20

As much as that statement is a shower of nonsense and I`m glad to see the back of these numpties, a significant chunk of our fanbase have shown themselves up over the last few years as a small minded xenophobic morons unable to handle being behind the wee team without making a complete show of themselves. Now we have nothing but uncertainty.

We`ll end up with the owners we deserve, I don`t doubt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:21

Pretty childish statement overall, but the bits that jumped out, other than the “it’s the fans fault” covered by many already -

“The Academy is now up and running and players in the first team squad have come up through the ranks of the academy. “

“This season was the year in which we wanted to consolidate the experience in the squad, add young, motivated players from our own youth development and make a few additional key signings.”

Is that zero from three?

Consolidate experience?
Selling a good left back, with no replacement?

It takes more than a year to develop academy youths into the squad, far less into regular first team players.
Great strides with the reserve team was good to see - and we have seen a few cameo appearances, but the recently brought through boys are still a good bit away from establishing themselves as first team.

Additional key signing?
Waiting with baited breath…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:24

I don`t see any good news here. Hopefully it`ll work out for us in the long run, but how long will the current board fund things if no buyer comes forward? If they have a big tax bill for example. I think we`re in a far more precarious position now. Worrying times.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:24

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Thu 15 Aug 21:21

Pretty childish statement overall, but the bits that jumped out, other than the “it’s the fans fault” covered by many already -

“The Academy is now up and running and players in the first team squad have come up through the ranks of the academy. “

“This season was the year in which we wanted to consolidate the experience in the squad, add young, motivated players from our own youth development and make a few additional key signings.”

Is that zero from three?

Consolidate experience?
Selling a good left back, with no replacement?

It takes more than a year to develop academy youths into the squad, far less into regular first team players.
Great strides with the reserve team was good to see - and we have seen a few cameo appearances, but the recently brought through boys are still a good bit away from establishing themselves as first team.

Additional key signing?
Waiting with baited breath…

I laughed at that as well. Taking credit for fife elite and letting paul allan go (which sounded like a board decision rather than management) contradicts the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:26

WTF did they think they were onto? Scotland as a whole over the last 3 generations have failed miserably to promote sporting activities from primary school upwards. In most European countries sporting facilities for all is 2nd nature, they invest in sport unlike here. The Germans obviously came in with their eyes wide open or, did they?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:34

That jumped out at me too!

Such a great academy / facility we can`t even host our own reserve fixtures.

In a way I`m disappointed, but after what`s happened this summer and that pile of bitter, nonsensical tripe today, I`m glad to get rid.

They`re slagging us off for wanting nothing more than a half decent team to watch and compete in a very open league. Wtf does any football fan want from their club??!

No one was asking them to spend millions on the team but you cannot neglect the first team it's as simple as that.

Jumping ship 4 years into an alleged 7 year plan cause they didn`t like some negative comments tells us all we need to know about them.

Hopefully find a buyer quickly, otherwise another very worrying period to come for us all.

I just hope to god the players & staff are still going to be paid during this debacle.

COME ON YE PARS!

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 21:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big G Ball  

Wait for the dot net happy clappers to come out in sympathy spouting drivel……..good riddance and the next flight to Germany leaves in an hour

[IP address logged]

Quote:

fcda, Thu 15 Aug 21:24

I don`t see any good news here. Hopefully it`ll work out for us in the long run, but how long will the current board fund things if no buyer comes forward? If they have a big tax bill for example. I think we`re in a far more precarious position now. Worrying times.

^^^ There will be zero tax bill when you record a £1mill loss fcda

I am worried like SusieQ and hope the funds don't dry up to pay 1at team players

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 21:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:46

My biggest concern is the statement that the PUCIC is going to assist with picking new owners the PUCIC picked them and assisted with picking a succession of awful managers we can only hope and pray they get it right for once. I have no pleasure in criticising the PUCIC as they were the main players in saving the club but they must make sure the GMBH leave us in a viable state going forward. The fate of the club is in their hands, we as fans have no control over how the process plays out all we can do is just support the team and leave the politics to those that can effect the process of change.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 21:47

Wonder what McPake makes of the statement that he is `now not considered adequate`. Wouldn`t be surprised if he was off soon too?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:04

Let’s be real…unless the club can afford players all investment has stopped from them…it’s done untill they find a buyer..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:04

The statement sounds reasonable, measured, and transparent. It`s a factual statement that there are rumblings of discontent. My take is that the fans and their strategic objectives do not align. Somewhere along the way, that fork in the road will get wider. Perhaps looking at the longer term view, they felt that there was little or no benefit in continuing on this road.

I think it`s a long statement as they have focused on the positive things to have happened during their tenure. Again, fair comment.

Whether you agree or disagree with their strategy, I think the lesson to learn is the importance of regular communication.

I hope that we don`t abandon the academy and that we have sensible investment such that we are not staring down the barrel of administration. The club has to be sustainable and you can`t buy your way to that in my view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:05

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 15 Aug 21:47

Wonder what McPake makes of the statement that he is `now not considered adequate`. Wouldn`t be surprised if he was off soon too?

Aye normally the only statements you get are ‘we have confidence in our manager’… and ‘we are exploring investment opportunities’

That is — the managers jacket is on the shoogly peg and we’re selling up…

no idea why or who wrote that whole rambling mince not a PR person anyway
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:09

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 15 Aug 21:47

I took that as the fans want the manager gone, and we do not agree with this toxic sentiment.

I expect them to change this tune and sack mcpake in the next couple of months anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:16

I really hope McPake makes a big statement on how restricted he’s been by signing players from the board! Fek them as they are not interested anymore.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:22

They haven’t been interested from the half way last season…

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:23

I think that statement actually works in McPakes favour and he will gather much more support from the fanbase.

He’s been hung out to dry, there was no reason to mention him at all, and to do it then act as if they are defending him just smacks of them throwing the blame on anyone bar themselves.

I genuinely hope we turn up in our numbers at Hamilton and show the manager and the players that we’re with them.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 22:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:27

Yes, I got the same meaning as wee mike, that they were having a go at the fans, who were now suggesting that James McPake was now inadequate. But maybe that`s a smoke screen to turn any blame away from themselves. They also infer that there is a queue of potential investors eager to snap up their shares. Like many others, I am looking around in the unrealistic hope that some true Dunfermline fan (Carnegie like) has a couple of billion 🔥 burning a hole in his pocket and wanting to throw it away on our team. Failing that, it`s not looking too good and with the deficits we are running up, we require to plug the holes and make do with what we have.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:45

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 15 Aug 18:35

They arrived with seven year plan ,we gave them under 4yrs ,Many on here have achieved what they wanted ,let`s see what happens now

They could not instigate a seven year plan losing £1m a year, with declining revenues. They were naive and now they are walking away blaming the fans. Total financial mismanagement on their part and will glad to see them go and for DAFC to be successful again in the future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 22:48

Quote:

DunfyDave, Thu 15 Aug 21:34

Quote:

fcda, Thu 15 Aug 21:24

^^^ There will be zero tax bill when you record a £1mill loss fcda

I am worried like SusieQ and hope the funds don`t dry up to pay 1at team players

VAT maybe? What was it that ultimately took down GM? I wouldn`t have thought we were in profit then either.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 23:00

"The statement sounds reasonable, measured, and transparent."

Where`s that Malcolm Tucker gif when you need it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 23:09

Have to say when I read the statement my jaw almost hit the floor. Like it had been written by a wee lassie who`d just been dumped for the first time. There`s absolutely nothing in it that reflects well on the author.

Jesus I`m a worried man tonight.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 23:15

Quote:

Indiapar, Thu 15 Aug 22:04

The statement sounds reasonable, measured, and transparent. It`s a factual statement that there are rumblings of discontent. My take is that the fans and their strategic objectives do not align. Somewhere along the way, that fork in the road will get wider. Perhaps looking at the longer term view, they felt that there was little or no benefit in continuing on this road.

I think it`s a long statement as they have focused on the positive things to have happened during their tenure. Again, fair comment.

Whether you agree or disagree with their strategy, I think the lesson to learn is the importance of regular communication.

I hope that we don`t abandon the academy and that we have sensible investment such that we are not staring down the barrel of administration. The club has to be sustainable and you can`t buy your way to that in my view.

See when I broke up with my ex I thought I’d be kind and say “it’s not you, it’s me”

Perhaps if I said “it’s not me, it’s you” she’d have thought my statement was reasonable, measured and transparent

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 23:18

Can anyone remember how much the loan the Germans put in against more shares? The amount of the loan? The date it would need to be repaid or converted to shares?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 23:23

I think I`d be be right in saying the vast majority of supporters have been very reasonable in their expectations of transparency regarding the goings on and next steps of the year plan and the owners didn`t correspond adequately at any point in their tenure so to reference disgruntlement with no responsibility for that is amateurish.

I think they came in totally blind to the size of the club, the uniqueness of the culture of football in Scotland (Fife in particular), they clearly underestimated costs and to me most of that board can`t be football men because the reference to yesterdays heroes being todays fall guys doesn`t make any sense. That is literally football in a nutshell so to expect anything different is strange to say the least.

They set out to bring in an academy, training ground and build a self sufficient football club and in all areas than other arguably an academy (beggars belief why a Scottish club our size sees that as a worthwhile investment) they have failed. Expensive academy. Half finished training ground. Totally f*cked up the books to sustain a first team.

At least we won`t have to read another smug Meggle statement now and maybe performances will now improve now he isn`t involved in the day to day runnings of the club.

Good riddance.

What will be will be next in terms of owners, I think are due a bit of luck its been a long old 13 years...;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 23:53

Disney over the last 10 or so years have perfected the art of creating something that is crap, woke and useless then call the fans all the ists and isims for not liking it.

I think most of the stuff Disney produce is a money laundering exercise, leaving you asking, what did they spend all that money on?

But anyway, the Pars, yeah it`s been bad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 00:53

Leaving the tone of the statement to one side.

The previous owners loved the club and saved it from extinction and ended up being chased out by abuse from the fab base.

The current owners thought they could develop the club, but probably needed deeper pockets to execute their long term plan alongside improving the first team. They`re being chased out by the fan base.

There won`t be a long line of potential investors.

The fan base has a huge role in creating a culture of support that would actually attract a new owner.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 00:59

I`m a season ticket holder.

I don`t expect anything. We need to earn it.

As a club we should not be neglecting the first team that everyone pays a lot of money to watch every week.

I don`t want a plan that looks to overarch getting beat 5 times by our local rivals in less than a year.

I`m not asking for much.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 01:21

Quote: McNaughton Scores!, Thu 15 Aug 18:49

===

This post sums up much of what went wrong. Most of us wanted GMBH to succeed with their long-term plan, the problem was they refused to properly explain the execution of their plan and their ultimate vision for the club. And when things started to go wrong, we were offered platitudes, few solutions.

It was counterproductive and unnecessary to keep us in the dark on these important matters. It could have been a simple fix, to just paint us a picture of where they wanted to take us, but no, they opted for arrogance instead.

And here we are.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 05:53

The whole thing is a sht show

However, I’d like to counter the argument that mcpake is somehow exonerated by this…
For me, I still don’t believe mcpake has managed the resources available well, and the corresponding poor results have compounded the whole situation

I accept he won league 1, but in terms of performance, it was as more about individual moments leading to a goal that meant we won a lot of poor games, and resulting momentum carrying us through (along with a generally lower standard of opposition)

With the increase in championship standards, those individual moments aren’t happening and what we’re seeing is the teams getting results are well organised, drilled and playing a system that best suits what’s available and who they’re against - that’s on mcpake and given his signing history, I’m worried allowing him spending will be throwing good money after bad!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 06:20

According to the Courier the Scottish-based directors were taken by surprise by the decision of GMBH to end their investment and by the timing of it but they welcome the decision to provide funds to invest in the playing squad in the meantime.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 06:23

That’s hardly a resounding endorsement now, is it?
They were meant to be running the business, a business losing a million a year, yet this was a complete bolt from the blue?

Perhaps if losses hadn’t have been so large, then GmbH wouldn’t have chucked it?

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 06:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 06:24

No way are they bailing out because of us fans. That’s just crazy! Business men don’t bail on their investment just because of what people type on a forum or shout at a football match. They have drastically underestimated just how much money it would cost to see their plan through to completion whilst keeping and building a competitive 1st team on the pitch. Season after season.

The fact is they have probably been told by the financial experts that came in the plan is never gonna work unless millions of their own money was thrown in and it would be money they should expect not to see again.

Why has it taken till now to get a financial expert in? Surely this should have been done before the middle of last season if they had doubts. Better protecting their investments. Also, giving any new investors coming in a chance of taking control before the start of this season.

Communication is key in any business and in every day life, something that has been sadly lacking at every step of the way.

Hopefully we’re in finance position where we are able to survive till we find a buyer.
It’s now time once again for all us Pars fans to come together and get behind the team and manager and give them the support they need. Let’s give them all the encouragement they need and get us back to winning ways and show possible investors just what we can do as fans. We are now salesman and woman for our wonderful club.
COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 06:26

Good post, KP

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 06:42

It`s embarrassing to blame, the truth is they have wanted out for a while now hence the total lack of commitment/investment in the team.

It`s now clear as day as to why the new director has came on board, he is obviously there to help help out with the sale, didn`t one of the new directors also specialise in contract law? Where we thought it would be to deal with players it`s probably to help them out contract wise.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:02

So what happens with all the professional people that have been employed and take salary. Do they continue in their roles further reducing any financial pot or are they to be made redundant?

The CFO comes in and then there is immediate action. Are the two items linked and if so, has there been a mistake in their hiring policies and revenue estimations.

Either way, the finances are still being hit and is DAFC taking the hit in the long run.

I genuinely find this whole situation truly perplexing from a business standpoint. Something doesn’t sit right with me for people who are financially astute and have developed businesses globally. How have they managed to get it so wrong or do they really think that the plan was still viable but lost the goodwill of supporters.

So every day that runs without resolution could potentially burden DAFC with more debt. Is this how the current situation works?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:32

It sounds like there are potential people lined up but my reading of that statement tells me a few things:

1. They suggest it was the clubs idea to create an academy rather than theirs. Simply not true.

2. They mention bringing in professionals over volunteers. It`s clear this was a massive mistake and they effectively threw volunteer efforts in the bin and replaced it was expensive "professionals".

3. They make out like last season was planned. Whilst the injuries couldn`t be predicted, we were a bawhair away from being relegated again!

4. Talk of "last season`s heroes" etc. Have these guys ever been involved in football? If a manager or player does well they are praised. If they don`t, they get torn to shreds. Look at Murray at Raith or remember how we punted Campbell back in the day despite him doing a decent job.

Hopefully we can get some decent heads in who can retain full time support staff where required but utilise the skills and knowledge of fan volunteers. As much as they push the "we never said we were here to throw money around", you NEED to spend your way out of problems at times. To use a sort of German analogy - they talk like we had a VW but wanted a Porsche when in reality we just wanted that VW maintained and replaced with a newer model one day. What they`ve done is skipped the service, taped up the bits falling off and scraped through the MOT by the skin of their teeth then acted like it was a certainty. They thought that MOT pass (not getting relegated) have them 12 months (a season) of peace of mind so ignored the advisories. They`ve now got a failed CV joint and dodgy brakes and they don`t want to pay the repair bill so are blaming the wife (the fans) saying it`s their fault and they just want an excuse to buy a new car so why don`t they go and shack up with Stevie from next door who has a Merc on the drive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:39

If they leave now they can claim they were still on track with their plan. If they stayed another couple of years and we had gone backwards then they would have had to assume responsibility and admit failure?
It`s the ongoing running costs of the academy that concern me.How much will it be and what is the plan to turn it into a money maker?(apart from finding a child genius somewhere)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:46

I’ll add - they sacrificed our manager to face the music after every game; looking despondent and having to admit we don’t have a team worthy of challenging in this league, and desperately looking for help from the Board, and not getting it. That itself is disgraceful and unacceptable.

They attack the very people this club belongs to and that is what I can’t forgive.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:52

Quote:

buffy, Fri 16 Aug 08:46

I’ll add - they sacrificed our manager to face the music after every game; looking despondent and having to admit we don’t have a team worthy of challenging in this league, and desperately looking for help from the Board, and not getting it. That itself is disgraceful and unacceptable.

They attack the very people this club belongs to and that is what I can’t forgive.

Agreed, my issues with mcpake aside, they have gaslighted the supporters, and there is no way back. This could drag out for a while, and they could end up sacking mcpake anyway. If I were him, I would consider walking.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:59

Quote:

weemike, Fri 16 Aug 08:52

Quote:

Agreed, my issues with mcpake aside, they have gaslighted the supporters, and there is no way back. This could drag out for a while, and they could end up sacking mcpake anyway. If I were him, I would consider walking.

I can`t see them sacking him as that will mean more outlay for them? Maybe McPake knows that hence he has become more vocal about the issues in recent weeks?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:02

Courier quoting that the Directors have been caught of-guard by the statement and are distancing themselves from it and will issue their own statement as early as next week.

Quote:-

Dunfermline board members taken by surprise by principle investors’ decision to sell stake in Pars

DAFC Fussball GmbH are currently minority shareholders but have an option to take on a majority stake as they seek a buyer.

The decision of Dunfermline’s principal investors to put their stake in the club up for sale has taken more than fans by surprise.

The move by DAFC Fussball GmbH to sell their shares also proved a bolt from the blue this week for the other members of the East End Park board.

It is understood the Scotland-based directors were left stunned by both the decision and the timing of the development.

They did not see it coming – or have any prior warning that it might happen.

Sources close to the club say the Scottish board members have also been keen to distance themselves from elements of the statement released on Thursday.

They have been quick to point out the announcement was attributed to DAFC Fussball.

It was therefore the thoughts of Thomas Meggle, Nick Teller and Friedrich Lass-Hennemann – rather than those of fellow directors David Cook, the chairman and chief executive, and vice-chairman Billy Braisby, Drew Main and Ian Laing.

It appears to be an important distinction, given some of the messaging in the release took a thinly-veiled swipe at supporters.

Fans have been upset by the lack of signings so far this summer, with only Chris Kane, David Wotherspoon and Kieran Ngwenya recruited to a squad manager James McPake has confessed is not strong enough.

Business as usual

The near-farcical saga that left Deniz Mehmet as the only goalkeeper in the squad for the four Premier Sports Cup ties has not shown the club in a good light either.

However, the statement from DAFC Fussball was critical of ‘impatient voices’ and ‘current frustrations’, and concluded: “Perhaps, we are not the right kind of investor in the eyes of many at the club.”

The Scotland-based board members are understood to be pleased that more investment is being made in the short-term and are keen to ensure it is ‘business as usual’ as the search goes on for new investors or owners.

It is expected official communications from the Dunfermline board as a whole are likely next week.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:05

Last night i was worried.This morning I feel different. I`m really angry at that car crash of a statement. To the outside world you`d think we`ve been outside burning effigies and rioting outside EEP on a daily basis against all the fantastic work the owners have overseen. The truth is miles away from that. Even on Saturday while we rolled over to our fiercest rivals the "protests" were virtually non existent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:06

Quote:

Quote:

Why would McPake resign? He has a contract and a family to consider, so it would be grossly irresponsible of him to do so, unless he was walking into another job paying at least as well.

On the statement, it is poorly worded and the tone is somewhat condescending. It`s obviously been written by someone who has a good command of English but is not his first language. It seems unlikely that they asked anyone to read it over before releasing it. Many of us could have suggested changes which would have made it more acceptable to our fan base.

For me, it would have been better if they had set up two funds; one for the academy and another for the first team. They appear to have been surprised by the fact that we wanted a competitive first team alongside the academy.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:10

The previous board said there were several interested parties who wanted to buy the club but they chose GMBH as they best suited our club principles!

This time round I don’t see that happening & we could end up with the ugly sisters if they offer the most money to bale out the Germans

2022/23 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:25

Quote:

Agree with this. When I read the statement I felt annoyed it was on the website of OUR club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:28

It seems clear now why, two years ago, they didn`t take up the other shares to make them majority shareholders. Also why that info was only shared with shareholders, not the general public, until it was dragged out of them 18 months ago.

So when the inevitable comes, ie now, a big chunk of their investment is in the form of loans rather than all being tied up in worthless shares.

If it had all gone well they might have followed through, if not they`ve engineered a situation where they might get some of it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:31

Mcpake could resign tomorrow, and his legacy of winning a league and staying up in the subsequent season remains intact. His reputation will be fine, and he`ll probably get another job QOS etc, if he stays and things go as how they look to be going, we could be marooned at the bottom of the league come October and they will have to act to protect their investment. Be it meggle taking over or whatever.

He also has some degree of bargaining power as who would want the job with the turmoil, but I suppose that works both ways.

What I mean to say is if he walked tomorrow, I now wouldn`t blame him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:39

Quote:

DunfyDave, Fri 16 Aug 09:02

Courier quoting that the Directors have been caught of-guard by the statement and are distancing themselves from it and will issue their own statement as early as next week.

Quote:-

Dunfermline board members taken by surprise by principle investors’ decision to sell stake in Pars

DAFC Fussball GmbH are currently minority shareholders but have an option to take on a majority stake as they seek a buyer.

The decision of Dunfermline’s principal investors to put their stake in the club up for sale has taken more than fans by surprise.

The move by DAFC Fussball GmbH to sell their shares also proved a bolt from the blue this week for the other members of the East End Park board.

It is understood the Scotland-based directors were left stunned by both the decision and the timing of the development.

They did not see it coming – or have any prior warning that it might happen.

Sources close to the club say the Scottish board members have also been keen to distance themselves from elements of the statement released on Thursday.

They have been quick to point out the announcement was attributed to DAFC Fussball.

It was therefore the thoughts of Thomas Meggle, Nick Teller and Friedrich Lass-Hennemann – rather than those of fellow directors David Cook, the chairman and chief executive, and vice-chairman Billy Braisby, Drew Main and Ian Laing.

It appears to be an important distinction, given some of the messaging in the release took a thinly-veiled swipe at supporters.

Fans have been upset by the lack of signings so far this summer, with only Chris Kane, David Wotherspoon and Kieran Ngwenya recruited to a squad manager James McPake has confessed is not strong enough.

Business as usual

The near-farcical saga that left Deniz Mehmet as the only goalkeeper in the squad for the four Premier Sports Cup ties has not shown the club in a good light either.

However, the statement from DAFC Fussball was critical of ‘impatient voices’ and ‘current frustrations’, and concluded: “Perhaps, we are not the right kind of investor in the eyes of many at the club.”

The Scotland-based board members are understood to be pleased that more investment is being made in the short-term and are keen to ensure it is ‘business as usual’ as the search goes on for new investors or owners.

It is expected official communications from the Dunfermline board as a whole are likely next week.

There is no way we should be allowing Cook and co to wriggle out of this. They are to blame for the mis management that has meant we have lost huge amounts of money and triggered this withdrawal

Cook get out of our club now
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:43

How dare the fans want a team capable of competing for a top 4 place against the likes of the mighty Ayr United, Raith Rovers and Partick thistle!

Given the relative size of the backing of our support fans at minimum should rightly expect that every season in the championship we should be comfortably clear of relegation and fighting around the top 4. Far larger season ticket/match day revenue than the other clubs mentioned, fanzone, player sales etc.

If they didn`t have the pockets to sustain a first team capable of doing this whilst also setting up an academy/training base then that`s completely on them. They`ve overseen a relegation, whilst appointing Peter Grant who is probably the worst manager in our history despite almost every fan saying that was a horrific idea before he even took over.

Appointing McPake was giving credit as good an appointment we probably could`ve had at the time and I think he deserves all the plaudits for turning that limited squad around and winning league 1 at the first time of asking. I`d argue the problems really began when they started signing off on extended contracts for much of that team when they had already proven they wouldn`t get us anywhere in the championship.

The last 3-4 summer windows have been incredibly underwhelming and fans quite rightly are sick of watching this team on the park. Mcpake of course deserves the blame for players seemingly regressing and his insistence on his style of play over the past season whilst also failing to get us out of the league cup group stage, which we consistently managed before. However, he seems to be entirely fed up with the lack of support given to him to improve the squad. It`s a cut throat business and yes fans are impatient across football, does that mean we are wrong for wanting a better product on the park? No it doesn`t.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 09:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:49

Quote:

BlackLight, Fri 16 Aug 00:53

Leaving the tone of the statement to one side.

The previous owners loved the club and saved it from extinction and ended up being chased out by abuse from the fab base.

The current owners thought they could develop the club, but probably needed deeper pockets to execute their long term plan alongside improving the first team. They`re being chased out by the fan base.

There won`t be a long line of potential investors.

The fan base has a huge role in creating a culture of support that would actually attract a new owner.

New owners definitely weren’t chased out by the fan base. The new owners have made a balls up and are now blaming the fans.

1 season with no fans - COVID

Next season relegated

Then the League 1 season - 4,500 easy every week in league 1. Couldn’t get an away strip for the wee boy cos it was sold out.

Then last season we have just a nightmare season with injuries. Crowds never really wavered. High 4000’s to low 5000’s

What more do they want from fans of the club?

We’re allowed an opinion on club matters.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:52

Some reflections a day on:

1. Running a football club for any length of time in Scotland appears to be almost impossibly difficult unless you`re (a) Celtic or (b) happy to lose money down a black hole. Almost every team of any size in Scotland in my 35 years following the Pars has flirted with financial catastrophe, sometimes more than once.

2. If you knocked it down and started again you wouldn`t have an infrastructure where the top team in the country stands to gain multiples of millions in revenue from TV while clubs like Dunfermline see one of their most lucrative fixtures moved to free-to-air TV at less than a months` notice. It`s perverse but I don`t know why I`m even typing this because it ain`t gonna change.

3. I think the German consortium are probably decent people with good intentions. But they`ve not been hands on enough or visible enough to engage with the support base. It`s probably fine to facilitate shipping contracts over the phone or via Zoom or whatever but a provincial football club needs visibility and engagement with the fan base to keep it onside. Of all the things they spent money on it’s clear that they should have spent a couple of grand a month on PR and we might not be where we are today.

4. The living true sportsmanship thing was a stupid misstep and a distraction. It needs binned. Dunfermline fans want to see their team working hard and attacking. That’s the sum of it.

5. It`s clear to me that the fan satisfaction nonsense from yesterday is a smokescreen for yon CFO coming in and recommending that they pull out due to the cashflow situation.

6. Cook appears to be a deeply unpopular person among a large chunk of fans but I don’t think that’s fair, especially with what’s coming to light. Regardless of what you think of the German consortium, we do need professional people to run the club unless you have some extremely high-quality volunteers waiting in the wings, in which case step forward. Either way, people personally abusing him are well out of order.

7. Not sure where we go from here in terms of ownership and it’s a huge concern. Anyone got any ideas? We should probably all buy some Euromillions tickets.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 10:01

So who is accountable for the staggering losses, incurred despite all the income from COVID via grants, stadium rights, Nisbett transfer, lifeline monies, record league one crowds etc etc

Cook out

Please please don’t let this guy off the hook

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 10:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 10:29

They seem to be more than happy to blame fans. When Dave cook was asked about pars TV he said fans expected sky TV quality which at the time was staggering.

And now a statement basically saying that the fans hate everyone.

We really are in a difficult situation now as posters above have said who is going to put up £3m and more to improve the situation we currently find ourselves in? I can`t see this being a big line.

Although the fact they have binned it at the first real sign on difficulty is telling about the actual intentions. This could have been all sorted at a fan meeting or an open and transparent update but they have still remained tight lipped. This should be a massive worry that these lot don`t want to open up? What are they hiding? If you have nothing to hide you open it up for doubters to see for themselves.

I think cook etc will be just as worried as I`d assume these guys pay his wages. Is the new guy wanting to keep a CEO who is failing year on year? I know I wouldn`t.

We should try and follow st mirren. A club of similar size with a similar fan base. Clearly ran really well.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 7 Eleven  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 10:43

"This season was the year in which we wanted to consolidate the experience in the squad, add young, motivated players from our own youth development and make a few additional key signings. The aim has always been to get to 44 points as soon as possible. After achieving this, further aims may be considered."

Does anyone know if the 44 points (i.e., staying in the league) target for this season been stated publicly anywhere else before this statement? I remember it being the main target of last season, but I cannot remember it being mentioned again for this season.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 10:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 11:02

Quote:

7 Eleven, Fri 16 Aug 10:43

"This season was the year in which we wanted to consolidate the experience in the squad, add young, motivated players from our own youth development and make a few additional key signings. The aim has always been to get to 44 points as soon as possible. After achieving this, further aims may be considered."

Does anyone know if the 44 points (i.e., staying in the league) target for this season been stated publicly anywhere else before this statement? I remember it being the main target of last season, but I cannot remember it being mentioned again for this season.

I asked the question of the clubs ambitions for the season and Meggle told me 40 points although he may have said 44 either way that sounded like relegation chat so I`ve spoken to other fans about that since that meeting, It mat have been reported in the meeting notes from Digs who posted an update from that meeting
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 11:14

Noticed that too 7 eleven.

Only Sutherland and perhaps Tod look likely to have any impact on the team. We just don’t have anywhere near enough quality younger players coming through that can compete at championship level. While continuing to retain players who are proven not good enough at this level.

It’s a perfect storm of lack of investment and a manager not spending what he does have on the right players…

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 11:15

“Perhaps, we are not the right kind of investor in the eyes of many at the club.”

This part drew my attention. That sounds like a dig at people actually working at the club …..not the fans. I am a fan but I am not “ at the club “. It could only mean the Scottish directors…..

Maybe it is a dig at the fans and just worded badly. It is pretty clear and has been for a while that they were not comfortable with fans having the audacity to ask pertinent questions or voice concerns.

For a group of successful business men their handling of this and their management of the club, lack of communication with their paying customers.. Us the fans !, the business model, expense v income, the costing of their planned academy and how it would impinge on the first team has been utterly woeful.

We will find out in due course what kind of people they are. If it’s a hands up ( we f****d up) and facilitate a quick and easy sale to a new investor/buyer ( assuming there is going to be one) Or do they dig their heels in and try and claw back every penny and drag this out for months and months effectively pushing the club further and further to a precipice…

I would actually like to know how much exactly they have put into the club and like everyone else why we have incurred the losses reported.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 11:23

Even the 44 point statement seemed a bit strange to me.We got 45 last season in an injury ravaged season.I thought continuous improvement was the aim?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 11:48

Baw was burst for me when I was queued at the club shop to buy tickets on the day of the Cove defeat. Folk queuing out the door and the shop struggling to get the tickets done. Suit wearing tube from the "new and improved" backroom staff was heard muttering in retort to the fans complaints about the shambles "what do they expect turning up on match day without tickets?". The disdain in his voice was truly disgusting.
I am sure the implication was why don`t "they" download the tickets at home. The crowd that day was sub 2000. What "they" want is to be treated with a little bit of respect. I`m sure "they" want to be able to turn up to a piddly wee preseason cup game and be in the ground without waiting in endless queues.
It`s probably just as well they`re going because were we ever to be in a good position again and the ground was a sell out I`m not sure how they`d cope.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 11:54

Quote:

desparado, Fri 16 Aug 11:15

“Perhaps, we are not the right kind of investor in the eyes of many at the club.”

This part drew my attention. That sounds like a dig at people actually working at the club …..not the fans. I am a fan but I am not “ at the club “. It could only mean the Scottish directors…..

Maybe it is a dig at the fans and just worded badly. It is pretty clear and has been for a while that they were not comfortable with fans having the audacity to ask pertinent questions or voice concerns.

For a group of successful business men their handling of this and their management of the club, lack of communication with their paying customers.. Us the fans !, the business model, expense v income, the costing of their planned academy and how it would impinge on the first team has been utterly woeful.

We will find out in due course what kind of people they are. If it’s a hands up ( we f****d up) and facilitate a quick and easy sale to a new investor/buyer ( assuming there is going to be one) Or do they dig their heels in and try and claw back every penny and drag this out for months and months effectively pushing the club further and further to a precipice…

I would actually like to know how much exactly they have put into the club and like everyone else why we have incurred the losses reported.

My genuine worry right now is cash flow and whether there is any money from season ticket sales available to fund the cash at the bank.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 12:15

Questions that are continually asked but never answered, why is East End Park so much more expensive to run that other comparable stadia?
Why can Falkirk, St Mirren, make the fan owned model work,and yet we were told it is unsustainable at Dunfermline?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 15:15

Quote:

Quote:

Personally I think the day to day running of the club should be taken out their hands they have effectively put their notice In so they should get the remedial tasks to do no way should they be near any decision making leave that to cook and pucic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 15:44

Quote:

If investors into our club can`t take questions or concerns from fans and a bit noise from time to time it shows zero integrity and tells me they weren`t that into the club or their vision. First slight bit of unrest and they`re offski. We`ve went backwards since they`ve came in and no one will tell me otherwise.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 16:33

I`m not sure what they are trying to hide but they clearly are trying to hide something. If they aren`t why don`t you have a dialogue with the fans regarding their concerns? If you don`t open up it screams that you`re hiding something.

I`m sure a majority of us would accept if they came out saying the training ground has cost us a bit more than we had expected or last season was costly etc so we are putting the breaks on with this and the next. We now are expecting just to stay up. I`m sure most of us would understand it you`d get the usual moans but it would be transparency they promised. Unfortunately we weren`t given the opportunity and they have taken their ball and seem to be going home. It screams that everything isn`t what it first seemed.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: macapar  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 16:45

That ship has sailed....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:02

The problem is, a lot of these "concerns" were something that had already been answered, or a rumour that came from some guy on the internet or something someone said in the pub.

Just the other day people on here were demanding answers because the board were trying to "fleece" fans by introducing a third strip. People were demanding answers because some random posted some utter nonsense claiming we were going into administration. People have just made up numbers, claiming staff are on £160,000. Someone was claiming we hadn`t paid a supplier £1,000.

Those aren`t legitimate concerns. They`re stupid rumours spread by idiots, and they don`t deserve answers.

The club finished 6th last season, despite many injuries, yet the entire time this forum was filled with people demanding answers. There was anger and fury all over the place. Yet, we had just been promoted, were trying to consolidate and were dealing with an injury crisis.

We have an incredibly entitled fan base that seem to think we deserve to be in a better place than we are. However, our fan base turns on the club and the staff whenever they get the opportunity. Ross McArthur`s tyres being slashed, and him being spat on and abused in the streets being a prime example.

We`ve spent the past 4 years with a toxicity brewing which at times has seemed to be motivated by xenophobia and parochialism. From day one, these investors have been clear about their strategy. They wanted to take a different approach. People keep on demanding answers, but the answers were already there - and have been since the beginning.

I have serious doubts anyone will want to invest, with our support as it is.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 17:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:04

New statement from local directors on COWS.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:04

Let`s bombard Hugh Jackman and Charlie Day`s social media to see if they want a Wrexham style project.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:13

Quote:

NewPoster2024, Fri 16 Aug 17:02

The problem is, a lot of these "concerns" were something that had already been answered, or a rumour that came from some guy on the internet or something someone said in the pub.

Just the other day people on here were demanding answers because the board were trying to "fleece" fans by introducing a third strip. People were demanding answers because some random posted some utter nonsense claiming we were going into administration. People have just made up numbers, claiming staff are on £160,000. Someone was claiming we hadn`t paid a supplier £1,000.

Those aren`t legitimate concerns. They`re stupid rumours spread by idiots, and they don`t deserve answers.

The club finished 6th last season, despite many injuries, yet the entire time this forum was filled with people demanding answers. There was anger and fury all over the place. Yet, we had just been promoted, were trying to consolidate and were dealing with an injury crisis.

We have an incredibly entitled fan base that seem to think we deserve to be in a better place than we are. However, our fan base turns on the club and the staff whenever they get the opportunity. Ross McArthur`s tyres being slashed, and him being spat on and abused in the streets being a prime example.

We`ve spent the past 4 years with a toxicity brewing which at times has seemed to be motivated by xenophobia and parochialism. From day one, these investors have been clear about their strategy. They wanted to take a different approach. People keep on demanding answers, but the answers were already there - and have been since the beginning.

I think i have found the person who wrote the statement yesterday.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:17

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Fri 16 Aug 17:04

New statement from local directors on COWS.

https://dafc.co.uk/club-update-16-08-2024/

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:21

Oh aye, because anyone that doesn`t agree with you must be David Cook or a German investor.

Imagine living in a world where you believe only a handful of people could possibly disagree with you.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 17:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:27

The locally based directors seem to disagree with you on a few points NewPoster2024, according to their statement.

The reason people suspect that you are a sock puppet is that you are exactly mirroring the views of club officials whilst clearly coming from an account especially set up yesterday to make those points.

It doesn`t take a conspiracy nut to have one`s suspicions activated by that set of circumstances.

The enemy travels by private jet, not by dinghy.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 17:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:32

NewPoster24 does have some valid points and do need addressing as these issues have actually happened and has caused on occasion a toxic environment.

However, they do seem to be coming from a very loud minority whom do not speak for us all.

However, in this instance I suspect that GMBH have attached a tedious link between their failed business plan towards legitimate concerned raised voices in the support.

This is not on!
It`s not honest!

They themselves have hypocritically mentioned in their own statement that the 1st team needed strengthening whilst blaming the fans for voicing the same issue.

I do think we have a great fan base. We, after all, saved our club whilst other much larger blue clubs did not.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:36

Quote:

NewPoster2024, Fri 16 Aug 17:02

It`s been going on a lot longer than four years. So not only are we to believe the current regime invented third strips but they`ve also managed to turn the notoriously always cheerful support into moaning hoors?

Like it or not, that`s football and social media. A handful of disgruntled folk can make a lot of noise and appear over representative. Blaming the fans is an excuse.

They`ve tried and they failed. Now they`re not big enough to admit they got it wrong. They need gentler, cheaper hobbies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 17:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 18:01

Can you follow this thread onto the new Statements and Updates

I`m just worried it`s getting too big and users may experience issues viewing and posting. The forum software does need updated 🤦‍♂️

I will close this thread for that reason 😁

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

closed
 This thread is closed 
© 2021-- DAFC.net