DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New Board bounce.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 00:32

Do you think there will be one, like a new manager bounce?
If they had gone in April, we might have had a spring board bounce.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New Board bounce.
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 06:36

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 17 Aug 00:32

Do you think there will be one, like a new manager bounce?
If they had gone in April, we might have had a spring board bounce.

An interesting question Parrot, except that we have half an old Board rather than a new one, and we`re unlikely to have any new directors until a new buyer comes in.

It could be a good while before your hypothesis is tested. 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 17 Aug 06:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 09:26

We can have an East End Bounce though if the fans rally round forget the boardroom shenanigans and support the manager and the team through thick and thin and help us to at the very least stay in this league.

All the fans….myself included….who were ready to chuck in the towel need to be right behind the boys now. Solidarity ….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 09:56

Absolutely this ^
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:00

Quote:

desparado, Sat 17 Aug 09:26

We can have an East End Bounce though if the fans rally round forget the boardroom shenanigans and support the manager and the team through thick and thin and help us to at the very least stay in this league.

All the fans….myself included….who were ready to chuck in the towel need to be right behind the boys now. Solidarity ….

I think this week has split the club, we have the on-field and off-field now more defined.
Fans are going to find it easier to get the behind the team in that knowledge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:09

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 17 Aug 10:00

Quote:

desparado, Sat 17 Aug 09:26

I think this week has split the club, we have the on-field and off-field now more defined.
Fans are going to find it easier to get the behind the team in that knowledge.

For a couple of games, yes. But if we are still struggling after 5 or six rounds in the league with near zero points and hardly any goals, I wouldn`t be so sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:12

The best new board bounce we can hope for is someone coming in and splashing the cash to sign some upgrades on the players we have. Really this isn’t going to happen until January transfer window at best, no way a sale will be concluded and serious cash released for players before this window shuts.

If we can avoid relegation and get wealthy, generous new ownership next season could be good, a lot of our current squad have deals expiring at the end of the season so a good opportunity to start fresh and build a new and improved squad.

Staying in the championship and long term viability of the club are paramount.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:25

There`s a headline in the Courier that we beat Livi in a friendly and Kane played 70 mins but I couldn`t get any details as it`s behind a paywall. I wonder if we had any trialists playing? Has anyone read it?
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:30

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 17 Aug 10:25

There`s a headline in the Courier that we beat Livi in a friendly and Kane played 70 mins but I couldn`t get any details as it`s behind a paywall. I wonder if we had any trialists playing? Has anyone read it?

Yeah, there’s no detail in it other than McCann and Hosler scored.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:33

Cheers, KP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:33

I will still be getting behind the team but I am not letting James McPake of the hook with the abyssal way the team are set up and the way they play. Cmon James let this be a new start for you and the players and allow us to be a more attacking team and make east end park a more enjoyable place to be.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 10:49

Quote:

JimDAFC, Sat 17 Aug 10:33

I will still be getting behind the team but I am not letting James McPake of the hook with the abyssal way the team are set up and the way they play. Cmon James let this be a new start for you and the players and allow us to be a more attacking team and make east end park a more enjoyable place to be.

Totally agree, Mcpake is lucky he is still in a job. He needs results and fast. New owners may decide he is for the chop….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 11:40

We’ll soon see if McPakes tactics were dictated to him by Meggle….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 11:48

be some laugh when new owners/investors come in and continue with what was trying to be done....

Post Edited (Sat 17 Aug 11:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 11:48

Let’s wait out and see how this traumatic experience pans out.

When Dundee had their second administration they went on a club league record of unbeaten games and overcame the points deduction to stay comfortably in the Championship.

Dissimilar circumstances - but adversity can lead to a positive outcome.

Let’s hope.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 11:52

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Sat 17 Aug 11:40

I can`t belive any manager with even a modicum of dignity and pride would allow a director to dictate tactics and /or team selection.

How could he look at himself in the mirror? No way is McPake such a soft touch.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 12:11

I agree, GGR.

The main challenge for JMcP remains - to find a way of playing at home which is entertaining and wins games. The losses at home to Forfar and Cove had nothing to do with lack of player resources but were down to his management of the team. He`s going to have to prove himself all over again to new owners but it may be too late as quite often new owners have already made up their minds on that front.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 12:34

Well said wee eck and I also think the players have lost faith with the system they are trying to play and maybe also in James

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 12:54

I think the style of football we play should come a distant 2nd to results in terms of priorities. Full time scores and league tables are the be all and end all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 13:15

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sat 17 Aug 12:54

I think the style of football we play should come a distant 2nd to results in terms of priorities. Full time scores and league tables are the be all and end all.

Call me a romantic, but I can`t agree with you N10Y. Of course it`s very important to win as many games as you can over the course of a season, but most fans also want to be entertained. How many would keep going to see turgid football week after week, even if their team was winning more games than not?

No doubt there are others like you who don`t feel entertaining football is a priority when their club is involved, but in an ideal world you`d have both.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 13:16

Quote:

That was the most interesting rumour eh! I would never be against someone like Meggle having an input considering his football background but if dictating things from his living room in Germany, I just don’t see that working

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 13:19

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 17 Aug 13:15

Quote:

Call me a romantic, but I can`t agree with you N10Y. Of course it`s very important to win as many games as you can over the course of a season, but most fans also want to be entertained. How many would keep going to see turgid football week after week, even if their team was winning more games than not?

No doubt there are others like you who don`t feel entertaining football is a priority when their club is involved, but in an ideal world you`d have both.

Play attractive football and get battling relegation over grinding out 1-0, 2-1 wins every week and fighting for promotion? Honestly, I’d prefer the fighting for promotion but it’s all irrelevant when we’re struggling for results irrespective of the style of play.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 13:20

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 17 Aug 10:25

Since they`ve blocked 12ft.io, you can either disable JavaScript on the page or run it through Google translate:

http://www-thecourier-co-uk.translate.goog/fp/sport/football/5061353/dunfermline-athletic-livingston-friendly-chris-kane-fitness/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=ness/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 13:25

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 17 Aug 13:16

Quote:

That was the most interesting rumour eh! I would never be against someone like Meggle having an input considering his football background but if dictating things from his living room in Germany, I just don’t see that working

His football background? What exactly have you seen that shows his CV good enough? His knowledge of Scottish football and players at our level is absolutely zero
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 13:27

Quote:

Quote:

I think Meggle was in charge of St Pauli for 3 months in 2014/15. They finished in 15th that season, one point away from being relegated to the 3rd division-their worst season in the last 10 years.The following season they were 4th and are now ultimately in the Bundesliga.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 13:45

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 17 Aug 13:27

Quote:

Quote:

I think Meggle was in charge of St Pauli for 3 months in 2014/15. They finished in 15th that season, one point away from being relegated to the 3rd division-their worst season in the last 10 years.The following season they were 4th and are now ultimately in the Bundesliga.

So why would he never be against it? Strange that people had him on a pedestal
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 14:28

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He had a career at a much higher level of football than anyone else associated with Dunfermline Athletic at the moment. Does that mean he knows best? No but it might mean he can bring a different perspective from an educated background.

Again tho, him dictating things from Germany would never work and I’m surprised JMcP would put up with it, if that’s the case.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 14:29

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 17 Aug 13:45

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So why would he never be against it? Strange that people had him on a pedestal

Stupid comment.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 14:47

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 17 Aug 14:28

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He had a career at a much higher level of football than anyone else associated with Dunfermline Athletic at the moment. Does that mean he knows best? No but it might mean he can bring a different perspective from an educated background.

Again tho, him dictating things from Germany would never work and I’m surprised JMcP would put up with it, if that’s the case.

James McPake played in the English Championship-Meggle hasn`t played at a much higher level.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 14:55

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He really didn’t have a high level career so that’s in accurate, was also here every month so not dictating things from Germany. Maybe have a small online read even and you’ll see his “career”, absolutely nothing to suggest he’s capable of success anywhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 15:05

Oaft! The nose bleedingly high level of fighting of relegation from the championship!

There’s no point in trying to play top trumps about McPakes career v Meggle’s career.

The fact is when Meggle was introduced as part of GMBH it was easy to think his involvement would be a positive one but obviously, it’s no worked.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 15:22

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 17 Aug 14:55

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He really didn’t have a high level career so that’s in accurate, was also here every month so not dictating things from Germany. Maybe have a small online read even and you’ll see his “career”, absolutely nothing to suggest he’s capable of success anywhere

See you’re taking “higher” and turning it into “high”. Which is weird way to go about it.

Maybe it’s no me that needs to look into his career. Maybe mid table finish in the Bundesliga isn’t winning something but it’s probably “higher” than getting relegated from the English Championship.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 16:49

Would I be correct in thinking that the manager`s job is safe while we are up for sale? Who knows how long it could take for someone else to come up with the cash,if ever.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 16:59

Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Sat 17 Aug 16:49

Would I be correct in thinking that the manager`s job is safe while we are up for sale? Who knows how long it could take for someone else to come up with the cash,if ever.

Not at all. He can be sacked anytime, only dependent whether they spend money doing so
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 21:05

Well it worked. For the first Saturday in a whole we did not lost today.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 22:50

Quote:

jake89, Sat 17 Aug 21:05

Well it worked. For the first Saturday in a whole we did not lost today.

Every cloud has a silver lining eh!

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 09:21

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 17 Aug 13:15

Quote:

I`m not sure we were that entertaining when we won league 1 we just won more games than anyone else. Quite a few games were won late on as well.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net