DAFC.net
Home 18 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tuchel appointed England manager
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 14:20

The FA have gone for the German as their new permanent manager. It hasn`t gone down well with the little Englanders. What a surprise, eh? 🤔

https://www.football365.com/news/live-thomas-tuchel-england-manager-press-conference-unveil-ama-expert-questions

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tuchel appointed England manager
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 19:54

I’m sure the press and fans will be very patient with him and it most definitely won’t end in tears and acrimony
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 20:35

He has the best players and like to play good attacking football… unfortunately I think he will win England the euros/World Cup if his contract is extended… then I’m sure he won’t be recognised as German😅 Quality manager with quality players!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 21:40

Daily Fail taking the new as well as expected. I`d be pleased but I suspect they`ve finally appointed a manger who can actually win them something...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 22:11

Can Tuchel become the first foreign coach to ever win a World Cup?

"England have arguably one of the greatest squads they ever had and the great momentum of two Euros finals," said European football journalist Julien Laurens.

"What England needed now to bring that momentum through is having a winner on the bench."

Time will tell

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 22:18

It’s a very good appointment. I think he will do very well

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 22:45

Capello was a winner. Sven was a winner.

I think he`ll fail like all the others.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 16 Oct 23:03

"Topic Originator: Buspasspar
Date: Wed 16 Oct 22:11

Can Tuchel become the first foreign coach to ever win a World Cup?"

Perhaps. Funnily enough, I think the first foreign coach to take his team to a World Cup final was an Englishman - George Raynor was manager of Sweden in 1958, and they even took the lead before Pele, Vava, Didi, Garrincha etc took over.

Raynor`s story is a fascinating one.
https://thesefootballtimes.co/2020/05/01/from-iraq-to-skegness-via-juventus-the-story-of-george-raynor-the-first-englishman-to-reach-the-world-cup-final/

Post Edited (Wed 16 Oct 23:04)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 10:06

Bellingham and Palmer(who didn`t get a start for England at the Euros) aside, I don`t think their players are as good as they think.
If you were to pick a European X1 how many of their players would get in? Looking around the top nations then they have players who are equally good if not better imo? Of course, if you are comparing them to Scotland, then it`s a different matter.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 10:23

We were inundated with "experts" telling us they would stroll through the last Euros before finally bringing it "home"

The reality was they limped through to the final with some abysmal displays and a large slice of luck where Spain tickled them into submission.

They have some good players but the majority of them are massively overrated

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 10:26

If I were picking a European XI - there`s a few England players I`d have in my first XI.

Kane for sure - I think he brings more to a team than his rival goal scorers (Lewandowski and Haaland).

I`d have Saka on the right wing. Exceptional workrate, dangerous in attack and solid in defence. Rarely injured, terrific set-piece delivery and mentality.

Depending on system, I think Rice might also get in as a centre mid.

Funnily enough, I`m not sure I`d have Bellingham or Palmer in my European XI. Both are wonderful players, but I`d pick Saka over Palmer on the right wing for the reasons above, and Bellingham is a bit too much of a loose cannon for him to get into a European XI.

Back on the topic - I think Tuchel is a very very good manager with a great strength in adapting systems to maximise the players at his disposal. Perfect for an international manager. He could very well lead England to a WC win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 11:02

If the media don`t have him involved in some sort of scandal before then...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 11:05

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 17 Oct 10:26

If I were picking a European XI - there`s a few England players I`d have in my first XI.

Kane for sure - I think he brings more to a team than his rival goal scorers (Lewandowski and Haaland).

I`d have Saka on the right wing. Exceptional workrate, dangerous in attack and solid in defence. Rarely injured, terrific set-piece delivery and mentality.

Depending on system, I think Rice might also get in as a centre mid.

Funnily enough, I`m not sure I`d have Bellingham or Palmer in my European XI. Both are wonderful players, but I`d pick Saka over Palmer on the right wing for the reasons above, and Bellingham is a bit too much of a loose cannon for him to get into a European XI.

Back on the topic - I think Tuchel is a very very good manager with a great strength in adapting systems to maximise the players at his disposal. Perfect for an international manager. He could very well lead England to a WC win.

I like Saka too, although you could have Yamal,Musiala, Williams etc.
Kane looks like he is towing a cart horse these days.He has had a decent career but doesnt do it in the big games.(7 finals in his career without scoring or winning)Haaland, Mbappe easily in front of him.In fact it wouldn`t surprise me if he wasn`t in the England team soon enough.
Rice is a tidy player with a good attitude but lacks a yard of pace imo and I wouldn`t have him as world class. The Spanish team passed them off the park in the Euro final and England could hardly get a touch at times-all about opinions though.

If you are talking about world level then factor in the South America sides and too and there is plenty of talent out there.

I`m not saying England are hopeless but there are likelier candidates to win tournaments imo.In the last couple of years they have lost to Hungary twice,Iceland and Greece,drawn with Slovenia,North Macedonia and Ukraine as well as losing to France,Italy, Spain and Brazil.The manager was only partly responsible for that.
Tuchel could be a decent appointment for them though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 16:12

I was one of those `experts` predicting England would do well. They did better that 30 other teams in the tournament and had their moments in the final. Spain fully deserved the win though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 16:53

Did you think they were the 2nd best team in the tournament? Honestly?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 19:51

They WERE the second best team based on results. Were they a good team though? Absolutely not. They were very fortunate to be in the final after some utterly dismal displays BUT they were the winners at the end of the day.

I suppose it would be like the Scotland - Portugal game where it could very easily have been the case Scotland could have won. If we had, you wouldn`t say Scotland were the "better" team but clearly got the tactics right to win the game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 21:03

Quote:

jake89, Thu 17 Oct 19:51

They WERE the second best team based on results. Were they a good team though? Absolutely not. They were very fortunate to be in the final after some utterly dismal displays BUT they were the winners at the end of the day.

I suppose it would be like the Scotland - Portugal game where it could very easily have been the case Scotland could have won. If we had, you wouldn`t say Scotland were the "better" team but clearly got the tactics right to win the game.

Where they winners? I must`ve dreamt they got pumped in the final 😆

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 21:13

Not in the final, but the games to get there. Admittedly, most of their wins were unconvincing but they won regardless.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net