DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Point of the Brexit Party
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 09:47

Say a constituency elects a Brexit party MP. After we have Brexit, what would that MP do? The party appears to have no real manifesto and exist only to get Brexit done. I'd say you'd have to be an idiot to vote on the basis of a single policy, but, well, stupid people...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Point of the Brexit Party
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 09:57

Apparently only going to target Labour leave areas to help the Tory's
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 10:03

Quote:

Buspasspar, Fri 1 Nov 09:57

Apparently only going to target Labour leave areas to help the Tory's

Brilliant, won't see them standing in Scotland then. I'll be surprised if Labour stand here also as all they've got left now is the Tena brigade ...

Post Edited (Fri 01 Nov 10:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 10:10

They don't have a manifesto because they don't want people knowing what they are.

This site has some quotes from Brexit party politicians to give you an idea of exactly what they are.

https://thebrexitparty.com/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 11:35

Here we go :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50261647
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 11:39

The Brexit Party is not really a political party as the term is generally understood. It only has three members who seem to decide what little policy exists. The rest of the alleged 100,000 are ‘registered supporters’ who pay for the privilege of not having a say, all of these being committed to the concept of democracy no doubt.

In effect the Brexit Party is really a pressure group whose purpose is to ensure no backsliding on the part of the Conservative Party. Interestingly, this backsliding is exactly the policy that Johnson is taking into a General Election, a BRINO that many consider a worse deal than Theresa May’s. Yet instead of Farage thundering on all airwaves about ‘betrayal’ and ‘traitors’ he has been afforded very little airtime and his statements have been mostly muted appeals about an electoral pact. A closet Remainer methinks.

Or most likely his funders have told him that Johnson’s BRINO is all that can be salvaged of the dream that was Brexit and Farage’s duty to the millionaire class he represents is to create nuisance value in some marginal seats. Half a Brexit is better than none in their eyes and Farage will be well rewarded if he goes easy on Johnson during the hustings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 16:07

Please tell me this is a wind up !!

Farage actually talking with Donald Trump ??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-50259647

Sorry guys its the last wee video on the right :-(

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

Post Edited (Fri 01 Nov 16:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 17:25

Quote:

jake89, Fri 1 Nov 09:47

Say a constituency elects a Brexit party MP. After we have Brexit, what would that MP do? The party appears to have no real manifesto and exist only to get Brexit done. I'd say you'd have to be an idiot to vote on the basis of a single policy, but, well, stupid people...

Some interesting insight into their motivation on delivering Brexit but not with a deal....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/dogging-increase-after-no-deal-17048773

ETA : I actually went looking for an article on a shop in felixstowe....I think they actually have a Brexit shop. If I go back I might pop in and ask them what their plan is.

Post Edited (Fri 01 Nov 17:27)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 1 Nov 17:48

Trump was doing fine until he suggested the US might not be able to do a deal with the UK based on Johnson's deal with the EU! As I said on another thread, who needs enemies when you have friends like Trump.😊😊😊
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net