DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Derek MacKay
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 00:10

The finance secretary's career is finished.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Derek MacKay
Topic Originator: Parnott  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 00:42

The timing is incredible and if the article is true he could be under considerable scrutiny.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 00:48

The story has to be by and large accurate. He is due to deliver the budget later on today but it is inconceivable that he will still be finance secretary by then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 07:00

Seems strangely well timed but also accurate. If true, the man is both a creep and an absolute idiot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 08:21

He's resigned.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 09:16

Silly Silly man
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 09:40

Yet another politician demonstrating he/she lacks the judgement required to be a success. I don't know what comes over these people when they attain office. Do they think they're untouchable? Everyone is susceptible to human frailties but you would expect politicians to be more adept at anticipating the potential pitfalls of certain behaviour and avoiding it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 09:53

Stupid guy

Timing interesting, I know a now retired senior newspaper editor who basically said they have stuff on pretty much everyone and will use it to either suit their agenda, get some leverage or cause the biggest impact
So never surprised about timing of these stories but back to initial comment, stupid guy given his public position
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 10:06

Absolute dafty. Really have to wonder what was going through his head. Still, another career politician gone.

Definitely curious to know how long the Sun sat on this story though!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 10:39

He sent his last message on Saturday 1st Feb 2020
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 10:42

In terms of the papers timing, so it was an active thing... But the real question is when did he send his first? and when did the paper find out?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 10:54

The timing could have been worse for the snp. Imagine if the story came out tomorrow, the day after MacKay had delivered the budget.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 11:19

"Dafty" "Stupid guy" "Lack of judgement"

Come on, folks, call this out for what it is, persistent and disgusting pursual of a young boy.
He was called 'cute' and asked to keep the chats quiet.
It's revolting behaviour and far more than the error of judgement that some will make out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 11:31

Indeed Petrie. I'm sure if it was a Tory that was caught in such a situation the words would be far harsher.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 12:02

Petrie, dafc - Let's be clear: Mackay is somebody who I have never particularly liked - a career politician with little experience outside of politics. He should face harassment charges for pestering the young lad and booted out of Holyrood and the SNP. I say that as someone who believes the SNP need to get their act together on the domestic agenda or risk damaging the independence movement.

Let's not ignore though that you two are part of the Labour "old guard" and remarkably adept at avoiding threads in this forum where your own party is under scrutiny, whereas you are like flies on sh*t at anything that could potentially harm the SNP. You two should be old enough and wise enough to be able to reflect on your own actions before trying to criticise others.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 12:27

Watched First Ministers questions there and Nicola Sturgeon managed to bat away Jackson Carlaw and answer him as best as she could but this is undoubtedly disastrous for the snp. From a political point of view Carlaw used his questions superbly. Some people might only hear the questions and not hang around for the answer. Richard Leonard remarked that his behaviour was 'predatory' and that will no doubt be quoted extensively in any number of media outlet's headlines on this story.

Post Edited (Thu 06 Feb 12:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 12:30

Don't think anyone is arguing with you on that petrie...

Just interested in what appears to be the (political) timing...
Seems to be part of a general narrative in the papers today that the SNP aren't fit to govern (politically or personally) and therefore by inference independence is a bad idea.
The funny thing is that the SNP failing in government is just being repeated enough times to make our a generally held view and while anyone could always do better, when you compare against Wales (Labour) and England (tory) they're actually doing not bad
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parnott  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 14:04

He has a 15 year old son himself. The only adjective acceptable in this scenario is grooming. Who believes after 270 messages to this kid he is the only one Mackay was interacting with? Absolutely vile!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 19:29

Say it how I see it HJ. Labour in its last few years in Scotland were horrendous and ripped the p***. They are a shambles of a party just now.
However SNP came into power and all we heard is about how different they would be, they are just like them all.
They are p*** poor for Scotland and the most vulnerable, another huge budget cut today in real terms for councils. Biggest impact on who?
Now there squeaky clean imagine is blown out the water, henvey now Mckay, that MP in glasgow who won’t represent anyone who didn’t vote for him then the big court case with ex first minister Salmond, let’s see if Nicola survives that.
we are a small country and SNP a relatively small party, but there is huge problems. Would I want them running an independent country - absolutely no. I would prefer the tories everyday of the week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 20:25

It makes you wonder how people vote for them... then you remember folk vote for Johnson and the Tories in England and Trump in the States. Every barrel's got a few rotten apples in it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 20:29

Only now read the full transcript. Whilst technically not illegal (unless the boy feels this is harassment), this looks like borderline grooming. What's worse is the boy is only a year older than his own son. They could even be in the same class at school!

The party doesn't matter and I don't agree with making things political. You can (sadly) guarantee there are creeps and weirdos in all our political parties. Others have commented on the timing. Clearly intended but that doesn't take away from the fact Mackay did a very questionable thing REPEATEDLY.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 20:54

'we are a small country and SNP a relatively small party, but there is huge problems. Would I want them running an independent country - absolutely no. I would prefer the tories everyday of the week'

dafc has summarised the prerogative of the serf since time immemorial: I accept that I must be spanked, but by god I demand the right to choose who does the spanking. There, lies freedom!

BTW when has the size of a country ever been a factor in how well or badly it was run?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 21:30

Worth noting that the SNP wouldn't necessarily run and independent Scotland but are the only viable party to vote for in order to get it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 21:37

Well if dafc prefers the tories he has really lost it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 7 Feb 08:06

"I would prefer the tories everyday of the week"

Genuine question: which areas of Governance do you think the Conservatives are doing a better job than the SNP?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Feb 08:55

Quote:

jake89, Thu 6 Feb 21:30

Worth noting that the SNP wouldn't necessarily run and independent Scotland but are the only viable party to vote for in order to get it.

That's a really important point that people including myself forget...

If Scotland became an independent country we'd still have elections... We could then vote for whatever party we believed would serve Scotland's interests the best.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 7 Feb 14:13

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 7 Feb 08:06

Genuine question: which areas of Governance do you think the Conservatives are doing a better job than the SNP?

dafc is a The The Rangers sympathiser.
These details don't matter to him.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 00:39

As a nationalist McKay's behaviour was inexcusable and he has to resign his seat even if the Police and PF determine that no further action is required. his behaviour as reported is undefendable and not what we would expect from a elected official.

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 20:28

Pal of a pal said they expect more to come out about him. Apparently a bit of a party boy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 20:43

Rumour is Nicola Sturgeon had banned him from drinking at party functions because of his behaviour.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 13:11

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Fri 7 Feb 14:13

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 7 Feb 08:06

dafc is a The The Rangers sympathiser.
These details don't matter to him.

I was kind of hoping to get something that would challenge me to review my own position but it doesnt look like it.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net