DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Priti Patel
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 18:24

On twitter gobbing off some allegations to Corbyn that his party caused the early release of the London bridge killer and saying Corbyn wants to be PM but does not understand this

Priti Patel added,

Because legislation brought in by your government in 2008 meant that dangerous terrorists had to automatically be released after half of their jail term. Conservatives changed the law in 2012 to end your automatic release policy but Khan was convicted before this.

No regret no respects or sympathy for the two poor souls who were murdered or the injured

Political point scoring at its worst

But guess what ..... she is wrong

She also tweeted

Chief Rabbi was absolutely right to say that Labour has been poisoned from the top and that Corbyn is not fit to be Prime Minister. His comments are shameful.

Chief Rabbi is a member of the Conservative party

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

Post Edited (Sat 30 Nov 18:33)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Priti Patel
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 18:38

She is a smirking odious turd.

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 18:59

So should we deduce that if the terrorist had served his sentence in full, he would have come out a reformed man and not been a danger to random members of the public who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 19:16

Not at all GG he would perhaps have done the very same whenever he was released

I am trying to point out that Priti is trying to score Political points at the expense of two dead god bless them and others injured

BUT and it is a Big But she has got it wrong ...would like to say lying but I don't think she is clever enough for that
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 19:57

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 30 Nov 19:16

Not at all GG he would perhaps have done the very same whenever he was released

I am trying to point out that Priti is trying to score Political points at the expense of two dead god bless them and others injured

BUT and it is a Big But she has got it wrong ...would like to say lying but I don't think she is clever enough for that

I wasn't having a pop at you, BPP, but those who are now trying to pin the blame elsewhere, on the grounds that this tragedy happened because the perpetrator was released from prison early.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 20:08

Thanks GG I never took it as a pop btw... Just angry at the insensitivity of a woman called Priti Patel who has not a clue what she is talking about .....Also co-author of Britannia Unchained ... and has caught oor Boris's eye by the look of it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 22:18

She has the misfortune to appear to be smirking but it’s just the way she looks.
I suffer from the flip side of always being told to cheer up even when feeling quite chipper. When I was about twenty I was told I was a dead ringer for Alistair Sim in full mournful mode...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 22:51

I suffer from the flip side of always being told to cheer up even when feeling quite chipper.

It's rare for somebody's outward appearance to be so well reflected in their comments online.

Although I pictured you as more of a Mark E Smith lookalike.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 08:23

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 09:16

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on another subscriber
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 09:42

I had to google to see who Mr Smith was, no doubt the more youthful would need to check out Mr Sim.
Would knowing who both were mark you as muddle aged?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 09:49

Typo there..like it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 06:32

Bless, our local Tories don't like being called out as the selfish heartless cretins they are...
Snowflakes too...want to inflict cruelty...cry at at name, always the same.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 09:24

Just to be clear I didn't report your comment. However I suspect if consistent moderation is being applied your last comment will also be deleted.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 18:55

[Post Deleted] - Mild bad language, threat, horror, innunendo, and nudity.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 00:20

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Tue 3 Dec 18:55

[Post Deleted] - Mild bad language, threat, horror, innunendo, and nudity.

I'm going to guess that it was:

"Oh crap! Look out, it's a swarm of dripping wet zombies, and all their clothes have fallen off!"

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 17:22

He's Lying Again :-

The London Bridge attacker Usman Khan had been released from prison after serving half of a 16-year sentence. Prime Minister Boris Johnson said this was "because of changes to the law that were brought in by the Labour Party that I voted against". So did he?

The prime minister told the BBC's Andrew Marr show: "His release was necessary under the law because of the automatic early release scheme under which he was sentenced and that was brought in by Labour with the support of Jeremy Corbyn and the rest of the Labour Party. I opposed it both in 2003 and in 2008."

The law was first proposed in 2007 - when Labour was in government and the Conservatives in opposition. Mr Johnson did vote against both the "programme motion"- which sets the timetable for passing the bill - and the motion to carry the bill over into the next Parliamentary session. But at that stage it did not contain the measure that affected Khan's later case.

The key clause relating to automatic release on licence for prisoners on extended sentences was added during the report stage - a chance for MPs to review and change the law - in January 2008.

MPs voted on this measure as part of a group of amendments on 9 January 2008. The Conservatives voted against but Hansard has no record of Boris Johnson being present for that vote.

The bill then had its third reading the same day and was passed without a division - a formal vote. The Conservative opposition could have forced a division but did not.

There ye go has lied since he was a Laddie .... compulsive almost ... wonder if his Dad can spell Pinocchio :-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 17:51

I take it you've seen his dad Bussy? He's certainly a chip off the old block is Anthony Boris Pfeffel Johnson.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 18:09

Aye Wotsit like father like son :-)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/nov/29/stanley-johnson-says-british-public-couldnt-spell-pinocchio-video
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 15 Apr 19:18

Aye, Priti will be incandescent with rage tomorrow, when allegedly 6 charter flights with Romanian fruit/vegetable pickers are being flown in!

Jobs for the Brits? 🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Apr 19:24

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/15/romanian-fruit-pickers-flown-uk-crisis-farming-sector-coronavirus

Post Edited (Wed 15 Apr 19:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Apr 19:45

Will they be tested will they fek ...But they are cheap labour live in portacabins and don't complain that they do not get gloves or wasp sting ointment or bottles of water or torches to work in the dark
Pritti the Indian witch will make sure they are flown home as soon as she has polished Boris the Brave's cox

Post Edited (Wed 15 Apr 19:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 15 Apr 21:15

'Indian'? She was born in London to parents who were born in Uganda...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 15 Apr 22:15

''Indian'? She was born in London to parents who were born in Uganda.'

I think that is not correct. Priti Patel was London born so is a British citizen but her parents only briefly worked in Uganda. They were both, so far as information has not been redacted, from India. Her parents left Uganda before Idi Amin launched his anti-Asian propaganda offensive in the early 1970s, so were treated rather well by the UK.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 00:03

Yes I believe her grand parents and parents moved to Uganda from India in the 50s and fled about ten years later. Like you said though she is British and not Indian.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 08:08

I think you will find that she was actually born in the fires of hell
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 21:12

Still give her one tho :D

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 21:23

Pritti is a nasty piece of work Indian or British
She has had the Indian caste system installed into her noggin since she was a bairn

The Brahmins, Kshatriyas and vaishyas treated the Shudras and Dalits with more contempt and cruelty than us good old Brits back in the day

Her Ilk think they are a class above and she comes across as portraying that message.....she is a bomb scare for lesser vulnerable folk who she does not give one jot for

Just Saying
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 21:24

Yep Lux I see her smirking at the thought of it ;)

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 22:38

I'd probably no' touch the edges, but would give it a bash...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 23:17

Patel has been kept away from the microphone since she is seen as a bomb scare when it comes to expressing compassion. Back in December when she got the Home Secretary gig she would have been practising snarling in front of the mirror so that her speeches about booting out foreigners and cracking down on criminals carried real conviction.

Now what is she doing? Begging Romanian fruit pickers to come to our rescue while opening cell doors across England as part of some early release policy. This was not the script she wanted to be reading, so naturally enough has discovered the value of silence. The last time she spoke she criticised over zealous policing, which was a perfectly good point to make but not for a Tory Home Secretary: criticising the police is like criticising the monarchy and is not done by Tory ministers in public. Priti Patel does not look permanent to me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 00:20

Flying in the Romanians is an absolute stoater.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 09:49

<Now what is she doing? Begging Romanian fruit pickers to come to our rescue>

That was her? Yeah, I'm sure...

It was simple logistics by "G's Fresh"
£40k to fly in 150 workers?
That's less than £270 each, to get cheaper, more reliable and better workers than they could recruit in UK.

The reported figures say it all
450k new benefit claims since Covid started...
32k signed up to 'consider' picking crops
4k have agreed to be interviewed.

WTF?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 11:00

Surely those on benefits that turn down these "unskilled " jobs will be sanctioned unless they are exempt for medical reasons?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 15:10

Aye, get the unemployed to help Brexiteer farmers... Leopard voting farmers complain when leapards policies eat their faces, GIRUY
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 15:46

They wouldn't be helping farmers. They'd be working for farmers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 15:58

Seemingly £15.00 an hour for us Brits., don't know what the Eastern European people are paid!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 08:23

A government scheme to release prisoners early to help jails deal with coronavirus has been suspended after six offenders were freed by mistake.
The inmates were mistakenly let out of two open prisons in Gloucestershire and Derbyshire.

Oh Jings Pritti
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 09:54

Why don't they make it a condition of early release that the prisoners take up the fruit-picking jobs?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 10:18

Surprised she's not proposed chain gangs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 12:55

Surely plenty of teenagers who would be happy to get above minimum wage to pick fruit over the summer? Surely plenty unemployed who would accept it to? They said the Romanians are.coming to show us how to do it. I don't want to talk down an industry, but is picking strawberries hard? It's been a while but when I did it in East Lothian the only challenge was to not eat them as I went!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 15:30

I did fruit picking as a bairn for pocket money in the summer holidays but there were folk there who did it as a job and would go from place to place depending on harvest times.

Those folk were proper fruit pickers, the folk farmer rely on to get the harvest in and to get the right fruit of the plant at the right time.

Fruit picking was piecework when I did it and there were folk there making ten or twenty times what I did and they did it every day not just when they fancied or if the weather was nice; those are the pickers the farmers rely on.

Therefore it doesn't surprise me that farmers will still want to employ a proportion of experienced professional pickers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 15:30

<the only challenge was to not eat them as I went! >

Jake transferred to the tattie picking crew...

Yes, you would think that <plenty of teenagers who would be happy to get above minimum wage to pick fruit over the summer>
I know many of us were - but unfortunately the attitude of today's youth does not lend well to 'boringgggg' manual labour.
- and yes, I include both of my teenage daughters in this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 17:06

The Tattie howkin was sair going LP but was a source of income for many around Clacks in the day
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 17:21

Were the Dundee/Perth school holidays around September/October not based on the picking season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 17:56

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sat 18 Apr 17:21

Were the Dundee/Perth school holidays around September/October not based on the picking season?

Tattie holidays
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Apr 18:41

The long school summer holiday was originally brought in so that kids could help with harvesting - sort of a compromise with farming communities when compulsory schooling was introduced and farmers felt that they'd miss child labour too much.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Apr 20:06

Tough immigration laws could shut the door on 140,000 workers from the European Union and citizens from the continent may have to provide their fingerprints.

Priti Patel, the home secretary, hailed the shake-up as “a historic moment for the whole country”, bringing immigration policy back under UK control “for the first time in decades”.

“It will mean that we will have a global immigration system that doesn't discriminate between EU and non-EU, and it’ll basically mean that the brightest and the best will be able to come to the United Kingdom to bring their real talents,” she said.

However Priti has now done a U turn …stating ... "every one loves Strawberry Jam” so our Romanian friends have agreed to come over and help pick the fruit and get us out of the Jam so to speak

We will fingerprint the strawberries and make sure they are all bonafide fruit pickers

However fingerprinting Raspberry’s is more difficult due to the size and soft consistency of the little squashy fekers

But Priti would like to re-assure the G.B. Public that the Romanians will be housed in poor living conditions to make them feel at home .. earn less than the minimum wage … work from dawn till dusk .. and when the last berry is picked and fingerprinted She will personally ensure they are they are booted back out the Country

Farmers are requested to check the new just giving site for donations to the Tory Party
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 11:06

Such a lovely lot!

https://youtu.be/zp755O84P3M
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 18:01

Priti getting taken to tribunal!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 18:11

Quote :-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert
Date: Mon 20 Apr 18:01

Priti getting taken to tribunal!

I hope they take her all the way

Post Edited (Mon 20 Apr 18:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Apr 16:10

Her immigration bill just been shelved....wasn't strict enough?🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Apr 07:49

The farmers wouldn't be making it hard for British citizens to secure lower paid foreigners?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 22 Apr 08:28

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 22 Apr 07:49

The farmers wouldn't be making it hard for British citizens to secure lower paid foreigners?

Not sure why they would do that. Any additional cost would be passed on to the consumer.
Now if you aimed that comment at the large supermarkets that would be nearer the mark.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Apr 23:03

The whole area of low pay/skill Labour needs looked at. Why is it that you're more likely to find a Romanian guy working at MOWI than a Scottish guy? Is the Scot lazy? Afraid of hard graft? Or is there something else at play here?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Apr 18:03

Last month, Freedom from Torture, along with 60 other charities wrote a joint letter to Priti Patel, urging her to raise the asylum allowance by £20 per week, in line with the uplift to Universal Credit. More than 16,000 people signed a petition demanding that asylum seekers be protected too. But the response from the Home Office has been eye-wateringly dismissive.

Three weeks is a long time to wait when you’re hungry and forced to make impossible decisions about your family. That’s how long it took the Home Office to respond to our letter with its autoreply – a paragraph to say that it is “currently reviewing policies and processes in relation to Covid-19 outbreak to ensure people continue to access essential systems whilst maintaining adherence to social distancing guidance”. It could have been written by a bot.

The Home Office has been the subject of long-standing criticisms, including for its inhumane treatment of asylum seekers and habit of deflecting responsibility, but this response is woefully inadequate.

Sadly, this avoidance of scrutiny and culture of dismissal is a pattern we have seen from the current Home Secretary since the start of the coronavirus outbreak. At an unprecedented time of national crisis, Priti Patel has been notably absent, refusing to appear before a Home Affairs select committee inquiry to discuss Home Office preparedness for the pandemic, even prompting a “where is Priti Patel” hashtag on Twitter.

Her invisibility is emblematic of wider issues within the department. Under her charge, officials have refused to engage with repeated warnings from civil society that detaining people in detention centres is a serious risk to public health. These centres are more dangerous now than ever, and evidence from Detention Action indicates that torture survivors are still being incarcerated, risking a mental and physical health catastrophe.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 23 Apr 19:04

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Apr 20:24

Amazed that non EU healthworkers have to pay a health levy!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 17:57

She's got her off to a T - especially the smugness. 🙂

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/think-politics-is-a-joke-so-does-meggie-foster-db3cmj0tl

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 17:36

Nice to see she's still as thick as ever!🤔🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jun 09:31

Love it thanks for sharing G.G.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 13:18

😯

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-bullying-report-not-22384984.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jul 13:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 08:44

Still give her one :D

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 09:10

This government are laughing at us again
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 09:57

<This government are laughing at us again>

Don't think so - laughing would imply that they know they are doing wrong, and getting away with it.

- they genuinely believe that they are not subject to the same rules/behaviours that us 'plebs' are expected to abide by, so are not doing anything untoward.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 18:24

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Wed 22 Jul 08:44

Still give her one :D

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 18:52

Think BJ has beat you to it!🤔🤔🤔

Allegedly 🙄🙄🙄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Aug 09:12

Priti Patel sparked a diplomatic row last night by claiming migrants were crossing the Channel to escape ‘racist’ France, where they feared they would be tortured.

The Home Secretary’s inflammatory remarks, in a private meeting with Tory MPs, infuriated French politicians. One blasted: ‘Madam Patel is not a politician who does much thinking.’
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 09:37

The French clearly don't want them either, and are deliberately making life as uncomfortable as possible, pushing them to try even harder to get to the UK where they will be housed and fed for free.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 10:48

This is probably an incredibly ignorant question, but why come to the UK? If I was escaping war/famine/racial prejudice I'd stop off at the first safe country I found.

Clearly the French don't make them comfortable in Calais but presumably it's because they know they're only there.to jump in a lorry headed to the UK.

I can understand some may have family here already but it seems baffling. Are we viewed as being the land of milk and honey?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 11:56

English is an international language and many of them are fluent in it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 12:37

'fluent'...

The difference is that many European countries make it difficult to get a job, or benefits, or housing, or pretty much anything except charity - without any papers, registration (including fingerprinting for crime detection) and 'permission' - and will make people wait until any asylum claims are heard and settled before allowing any of the above.

The UK has a pretty large 'black' economy where jobs are paid cash in hand, PLUS they will have immediate entitlement to housing, benefits, food, assistance - and a whole brigade of do-gooders who will help enforce the collection of these 'rights'.

There is a whole industry in the UK relating to this - nothing like it in Luxembourg for sure, not heard of in France or Belgium.

But in UK - www.immigrationsolicitors4me.co.uk - Asylum Claims Solicitors - 98% Success

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 13:31

They're 'fluent' enough to make themselves understood and understand what's said to them and probably more 'fluent' in English than any other foreign language. They must be pretty desperate to come to the UK given the present government's attitude towards immigration.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 14:15

<given the present government's pretend attitude towards immigration.>

If the government had an attitude even 25% of what they try to claim, they would have changed the benefits and entitlements rules to match other EU countries many years ago.

The immigrant 'crisis' is a very convenient <look over there> distraction tactic.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 14:40

This survey tends to disagree with that especially when you factor in the cheaper cost of living in many European countries:

https://www.euronews.com/2015/09/16/which-european-countries-offer-the-most-social-benefits-to-migrants

Slightly more up to date but similar findings:

https://m.dw.com/en/asylum-benefits-in-the-eu-how-member-states-compare/a-44298599

The amount of misinformation that gets spread about refugees on line deliberately is staggering.

And yeah imagine people defending other people's rights. Absolute scum bags.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 14:56

Sounds like a European answer is needed. Consistent approach to looking after asylum seekers. Obviously could say a flat 50 euro allowance as the actual value would change depending on the country.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 15:08

That would make a lot of sense if it was administered properly but it would never fly in practice as you'd have the Farage's of this world forever banging on about it and the half wits that follow his ilk would be up in arms about it.

Sensible idea that would be a sure fire vote loser the minute it entered the world of politics.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 15:23

Cheaper cost of living? Where? Vast generalisations weaken your already poor submission.

CoL varies dramatically across Europe, and the countries that give higher benefits typically have the higher costs - try renting ANYTHING in Lux or Switzerland.

You conveniently ignore the most important part in each country.

<once asylum application is approved...>

<Once claims approved...>

<Successful asylum seekers receive...>

<On approval:...>

<while awaiting result of asylum process...>

<After 15 months, or once asylum request is approved...>

<without the right to work...>

<No right to work until asylum granted...>

<Can’t work for nine months after applying...>

Did I say <scum bags>?
I would put them in the same category as 'Ambulance Chasers' though.

Isn't it strange that none of these 'asylum rights' have Legal-Aid lawyers banging the drum across the rest of the EU?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 15:33

Topic Originator: jake89
Date: Mon 17 Aug 14:56

Sounds like a European answer is needed. Consistent approach to looking after asylum seekers. Obviously could say a flat 50 euro allowance as the actual value would change depending on the country.

Agree wholeheartedly Jake

There needs to be a Europe (or EU?) wide agreed process, unlike the current shambles where these poor people are just shepherded on their way.

People must be treated like humans, but also follow the common law, being processed, registered etc.
EU law already says that all asylum seekers should be registered in the first EU country that they arrive in.

Unless these little boats are going the length of the Med, sailing past Gibraltar, right around Spain then past France, I kinda doubt that the UK is the first country landed in.

Post Edited (Mon 17 Aug 15:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 16:01

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Mon 17 Aug 15:23

Cheaper cost of living? Where? Vast generalisations weaken your already poor submission.

CoL varies dramatically across Europe, and the countries that give higher benefits typically have the higher costs - try renting ANYTHING in Lux or Switzerland.

You conveniently ignore the most important part in each country.

<once asylum application is approved...>

<Once claims approved...>

<Successful asylum seekers receive...>

<On approval:...>

<while awaiting result of asylum process...>

<After 15 months, or once asylum request is approved...>

<without the right to work...>

<No right to work until asylum granted...>

<Can’t work for nine months after applying...>

Did I say <scum bags>?
I would put them in the same category as 'Ambulance Chasers' though.

Isn't it strange that none of these 'asylum rights' have Legal-Aid lawyers banging the drum across the rest of the EU?

No your point was the UK was somehow out of step when compared to the rest of the EU amd Europe which it isn't. Every country has different rules on what is available in terms of support and we aren't markedly more generous than anywhere else.

I would have thought the point about spending power would have been obvious. If a country was giving an asylum seeker half of what the UK is giving them but its 60% cheaper to live there then you could argue that the benefit from the other country is more generous despite the fact its half the amount. The benefit of the benefit will be relative to the cost of living.

You absolutely do get free (dogooders again) and paid for (ambulance chasing) legal assistance for asylum seekers in France:

http://www.refugeelegalaidinformation.org/france-pro-bono-directory

https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/15020/top-law-students-in-paris-to-offer-free-legal-advice-to-migrants

http://avocat-cerf.com/en/asylum-law

I'm sure a quick Google search will confirm similar services are also available in every other country in Europe.

Making asylum seekers stay in the first EU country they reach puts unfair strain on the countries that are geographicaly closer to the countries where asylum seekers are coming from which is hardly a fair system as that means the South and East of Europe would have to field all asylum seekes while the North and West would deal with relatively few.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 16:24

And yes Luxembourg has them as well:

https://www.dlapiper.com/en/luxembourg/news/2018/10/dla-piper-luxembourg-launches-a-legal-programme-for-asylum-seekers-and-refugees/

http://www.refugeelegalaidinformation.org/luxembourg-pro-bono-directory

And paid for:

http://www.langavocats.lu/en/ourfirm.html

The reason there probably aren't too many paid for services are a combination of good free services and a relatively low number of asylum applications:

https://www.worlddata.info/europe/luxembourg/asylum.php
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 16:47

Yup - Legal ADVICE for free - agreed, for asylum seekers.

If you are an economic migrant, and you don't have, or don't apply for a visa, you get... well... nothing, zero, nada, zilch.

Marginally different from
<We are expert immigration solicitors with an excellent rate of successful applications and a remarkable track record of successfully challenging the refusals of all visa applications including complex applications>

Which is clearly aimed at economic migrants wishing to stay in UK, as opposed to people running scared from war and persecution applying for asylum.

Yes, the UK IS out of step, not only because of the amount of benefit given, but mainly because these people are given shelter, food, clothing, money, as soon as they are off the boat, regardless of status.
- which, admittedly, is the 'humanist' and decent thing to do, but where/when do you stop?

Should we just charter a few hundred ferries, or open the Eurotunnel and save the thousands (which would rapidly turn into hundreds of thousands) the bother of having the French assist their boat for 11 miles and calling the coastguard?

Oh, and nowhere did I say that the asylum seeker must STAY in the first country - see my post about a Europe-wide agreed process?

They should apply for 'EU asylum', not 'Italian asylum' or 'Greek asylum', as obviously that would unfairly spank the southern states tremendously.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 17:29

Sorry LuxPar but your post at 12.37 references asylum seekers on several occasions and made no reference to a distinction between who you consider to be an asylum seeker vs who you are now describing as economic migrants. In fact your link to the article you are now saying is geared at economic immigrants expressly had "98% of asylum claims are succesful" as a tag line. As far as I was concerned we were discussing asylum seekers as you'd referenced asylum seekers.

Now that we are apparently discussing economic migrants, how are you making the distinction exactly for those in France who are an asylum seeker vs an economic migrant?

Is your issue now with illegal immigrants or economic migrants being held whilst submitting immigration applications? I have to be honest you've lost me now.

And I didn't actually say that you'd said that asylum seekers should remain in the first country they land in, I mentioned that as criticism of a system that does exist at an EU level but is very poorly thought out which we actually potentially seem to agree on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Aug 19:37

Both the tag line and the quote are from the same site headline page.

I have absolutely no qualms about genuine asylum seekers - nobody with an ounce of humanity could.

BUT - IMHO - the vast majority of your catch all 'illegal immigrants' appear to be fit young men, not really what one would associate with 'war refugees'.

I've stated this many times on here and in real life - if they were really running from war and persecution, why the hell have you left your women and children to face it - alone and unprotected???

I know that if it all kicked off wherever I was, my first priority would be to get my family safe, not to tell them I was gonna leave them to it for a year or three - walk/swim/paddle across the Med, 3/4/5 countries and the Channel, then try to earn enough money (and permission) to send for them!

Clearly, the other EU countries don't want them either, which is why they seem to be able to travel quite freely to and congregate at Calais.
Once they are out of France, not their problem anymore

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 06:06

Hopefully, she'll follow Dominic Cummings out of Downing Street, but with that feckless oaf in charge, I wouldn't put any money on it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 08:31

From the Beeb :-

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to set out his decision later on the findings of an inquiry into the conduct of Home Secretary Priti Patel.

Sources familiar with the Cabinet Office report told the BBC it concluded Ms Patel broke rules on ministers` behaviour.

She has always strongly denied allegations of bullying.

Labour has written to the standards committee calling for a fresh investigation.
The party`s shadow home secretary, Nick Thomas-Symonds, said the prime minister appeared to be involved in a "cover-up" and called for the full report to be published.

He told BBC Breakfast: "This has all the hallmarks of a prime ministerial cover-up and raises serious questions about his judgment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 09:01

I'm sure the resounding reference that IDS gave her last night will save her.

Kind of like Hitler saying that the SS were good guys!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 14:17

Surprise, surprise she`s staying in post, but the man who headed up the investigation has resigned. Why bother to commission a report if you`re just going to ignore its findings? It smacks of the Dominic Cummings affair.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 14:37

Aye they look after themselves wee eck But If the result was her leaving then Boris would have been implicated as well

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 14:39

So we've now got a Bully, a Rapist and a PM with a court injunction to protect him?🤔

What a shower!!!😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 15:36

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 20 Nov 09:01

I'm sure the resounding reference that IDS gave her last night will save her.

Kind of like Hitler saying that the SS were good guys!

Looks like you were right on the money there, LA. ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 16:17

From the Guardian :-

Boris Johnson’s dismissal of an official inquiry finding evidence that Priti Patel bullied civil servants, could further jeopardise public trust in the government just when it is needed to tackle the pandemic, a leading scientist has said.

Speaking at a meeting of the Independent Sage group of experts, Prof Stephen Reicher, a behavioural scientist at the University of St Andrews who sits on the government’s Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours, said that in some countries, such as Norway and Finland, it has been possible to tackle the coronavirus without necessarily making measures compulsory because such countries have high levels of trust in government.

However he said that is not the case when it comes to the UK government.
“One of the great problems we have got in this country has been a crisis of social trust,”said Reicher. “The difference between the first lockdown and the second lockdown isn’t that people have become weaker and less able to put up with restrictions – they have lost trust.”

According to YouGov polls, the percentage of people thinking the UK government is handling the coronavirus crisis well or very well has fallen from just over 70% in April to 31% by the end of September.

“We have got a real crisis of the social contract, a real crisis of the bond between government and public, and one reason for that of course is the government doing things which suggest there is one law for them and one law for us,” said Reicher.

“We saw that again today – Boris Johnson tells us we mustn’t bully, but if it is one of your ministers you are allowed to bully. What does that say about ‘them’ and ‘us’?”
Reicher added that restoring that social trust is critical to tackling the pandemic.

“I think that reset of trust is every bit as important as all the resets around, for instance, the testing system and in terms of support for people,” he said.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 16:30

Yet in Clackmannanshire East they re-elect them, with an increased majority!🤔🙄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 16:31

I think that sums it up wee eck

Eta the resignation of Sir Alex Allan speaks volumes

Post Edited (Fri 20 Nov 16:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 17:14

Boris Johnson is an arrogant tw@t, who believes he can act with impunity, thanks to his large parliamentary majority.

Firstly, we had Dominic Cummings driving his family the length of England and then to Barnard Castle to "test his eyesight" and now this See Oh Double You, is not even reprimanded for shouting, swearing and bullying of civil servants in her department.

The Tories have absolutely no shame, but they more than make up for that deficiency with plenty of brass neck. I hope opposing MPs and the mainstream apply so much pressure that her position becomes untenable.

Of course she denied the allegations and the PM is accepting her word against that of all the civil servants interviewed during the inquiry. Why doesn't anyone have the cajones to call out the likes of Cummings and Patel for the bare faced liars they undoubtedly are?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 17:29

Quote G.G.

Why doesn`t anyone have the cajones to call out the likes of Cummings and Patel for the bare faced liars they undoubtedly are?

Spot on but Boris is a law unto himself G.G

There is something inherently wrong in this Country when an official investigation finds her guilty and as a consequence has to resign ...But in steps oor Boris the Brave to over rule the official investigation ... So a trusted ministerial advisor and standards chief resigns .... you could not make it up

Hopefully there will be more to come from this

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 19:38

Maybe it`s no` bullyin`; it`s `wee wumman syndrome`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Nov 19:46

Breaking news in tomorrow's papers!🙄

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-gas-contract-corruption-nigeria-process-industrial-development-b1759441.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Nov 20:13

She is one nasty piece of work LA ... I really do hope she gets sacked but I think oor Boris the Brave has a hot point for her :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 09:14

I would like to know what muck she has on him?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 13:12

Still `wid`

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 13:24

I think Boris did :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 19:16

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 22 Nov 13:24

I think Boris did :)

I wouldn't like to do anything Boris "did."

That Lux fellow has no taste. ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Nov 19:58

Made me laugh G.G. :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 15:58

Lux never said anything about `tasting`...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 10:08

Who's the presenter with the beard on the BBC's Breakfast programme? He gave it pretty tight to not-so-Priti Patel this morning. She actually claimed other people write her tweets and she sends them, after being quizzed about one she was forced to delete as it was prejudicial to the trial of those involved in the tragedy of the 39 Vietnamese people who suffocated in an airtight lorry.

Proud of him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 10:16

BBC taking the Tories to task, who would have believed it!🤔

Marr and Kunesberg are just a waste of time, would probably ask BJ what he was having for Christmas dinner just now!🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 13:19

I read that they have stopped the trial G.G. and are discussing what action to take
She is a horrid hoor of a woman

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 13:47

You would hope a Cabinet Minister would exercise better judgement than that but she`s got `previous`. It sums up the poor standard of the present Cabinet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 17:25

Home Sec wee eck as you know

She is responsible for immigration, the police and other matters relating to the safety of the United Kingdom.

She could have jeopardised the whole case

She said she did not write it just posted it and it was intended for others not the 2 guys in court .... aye right ....she is a bomb scare and has to go

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 20:19

The Lies :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55409177

The truth :-

Meanwhile, truck drivers stranded in Kent have called for immediate help from the government, with hundreds facing a third night sleeping in their cabs.

Truck driver Laszlo Baliga, 51, from London, spent Tuesday delivering food and water to those lined up at Manston Airport, a disused airfield.

He began taking supplies after Hungarian drivers stranded in the lorry park posted on Facebook asking for help, with one telling him the only toilet on the site had been blocked.

He said he and friends had so far spent more than £500 on food and water for drivers at the site.

Mr Baliga said: "We have got ready-to-eat sausages, bread, tomatoes, lettuce, coffee. Basic foods for now for the drivers.

"We like to help because this is a difficult time."

Post Edited (Tue 22 Dec 20:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 21:11

Bare faced lying cow. The BBC presenter is Jon Kay. I liked the fact that he didn't give her an easy ride, but it's water off a duck's back.

It's the old Tory trick of repeating a lie until it sounds true,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dander par  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 21:14

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 22 Dec 21:11

Bare faced lying cow. The BBC presenter is Jon Kay. I liked the fact that he didn't give her an easy ride, but it's water off a duck's back.

It's the old Tory trick of repeating a lie until it sounds true,

As per the plandemic. Repeat the lies
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 09:05

Local Sikh community also supplying meals to the stranded drivers!👍

Meanwhile some lorries being issued with parking tickets!🤬🤬🤬

Post Edited (Wed 23 Dec 09:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 09:40

From Aunty :-

With only days left until the end of the post-Brexit transition period, the disruption caused by border closures related to the new variant of Covid-19 is a reminder of how dependent the UK economy is on trade across the English Channel.

"I think you will see this happen again, particularly if there is a no deal Brexit," Ian Wright, chief executive of the Food and Drink Federation. told MPs on 22 December.

"At almost any port going into the EU this kind of chaos is entirely possible."
As yet, there is no sign of a trade deal with the EU, and while the government insists "huge advances" have been made in its preparations for what may happen from January onwards, businesses that trade across the border are extremely concerned.

Duncan Buchanan, the policy director of the Road Haulage Association, says he is expecting something "between shocking and a catastrophe".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 08:33

Just a Glitch ...Priti ?

Labour is demanding answers from Home Secretary Priti Patel after 150,000 arrest records were accidentally wiped from police databases last week.

The Times has reported fingerprint, DNA and arrest history records were deleted in a technological blunder, saying this could allow offenders to go free because evidence from crime scenes will not be flagged on the Police National Computer (PNC).

The Home Office said in a statement it was working with police to "assess the impact" of the glitch, which reportedly occurred by accident during a weekly "weeding" session to expunge data.

It said no records of criminals or dangerous persons had been deleted, and that the wiped records were those of people arrested and released when no further action was taken.

However, the deletions would appear to at least impinge on police power to reopen investigations should more evidence come to light in certain cases.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 08:37

I'm no computer genius but even I know that important data would need to be backed up at least once if not twice and at least daily.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 14:04

Any half-way decent organisation will have automatic and regular backups.

Hang on - "half-way decent" - I think I spotted the problem...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 18:00

Makes you wonder what important figures were on it. After Teresa May lost the paedophile files, you just know that lot would do anything to protect their own
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 18:08

My first thoughts red- star

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 18:13

We're a cynical bunch as that was my first thought too😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 18:22

red -star Teresa allegedly lost/wiped the evidence to protect prominent MP`s and her own Father ... Alas we will never know the truth

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 15 Jan 18:40

I'm generally not a believer in conspiracy theories but this really stinks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Jan 09:43

Looks like the Glitch has grown arms and legs

More than 400,000 fingerprint, DNA, arrest and offence records may have vanished from police databases following a technology blunder, The Times has learnt.

A letter to chief constables yesterday revealed that a software error that deleted crucial evidence from the Police National Computer [PNC] could be worse than first thought.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Jan 16:18

Priti Patel says the UK should have closed its borders in March 2020 in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a video call obtained by Guido Fawkes, the home secretary told Tory supporters she was an "advocate" of closing the borders 10 months ago.
Between mid March and June, the UK did not impose a ban or quarantine restrictions on international travellers arriving in the UK.

A Home Office spokesman said there were now "strong measures" at the border.
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer asked Boris Johnson during Prime Minister`s Questions why he "overruled the home secretary" on closing the borders last year.
Mr Johnson responded that the UK had now "instituted one of the toughest border regimes in the world", accusing Sir Keir of "looking backwards, playing politics and sniping from the side-lines" amidst the pandemic.

Asked for a further response, a No 10 spokesman said they would not "get into the detail of private conversations", and that the PM had full confidence in his home secretary.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Jan 16:45

Typical Bozo response, deflect, bluster and accuse anyone asking a legitimate question of playing politics. A bit like Trump with his everything he didn't like was fake news patter....

I have to wonder why Patel has gone public about her disagreement with her boss. Maybe she's beginning to manoeuvre herself into position, should the rumours that he's finding the heat in the kitchen a bit much turn out to be true.

Does he know it's a lot hotter in hell? ☺

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Jan 18:06

She was right G.G. we were letting flights into G.B. from every infected Country for months

Boris the Brave is way out his depth

He is OK dressing up and pretending .. but he has done that since he was a boy

He ignored advice from his science experts ... he went missing for 5 important E.U. covid seminars

He told us construction workers are safe ...Now one of the highest death rates

He told us Care Homes were unlikely to catch the virus .... ooer mrs

He told us to eat out and go and get meals at half price

He told us schools were safe

He told us Nursery was very very safe

He has awarded all his donor pals huge contracts whether they had experience or an actual business in ppe . ..They made it up as they went along

He is a dithering blundering half wit who as PM is responsible for the rising death toll and we are stuck with him ..just saying

Post Edited (Wed 20 Jan 18:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Feb 16:43

The High Court must overturn Boris Johnson`s decision that Home Secretary Priti Patel did not breach government rules on behaviour, a union says.

The prime minister decided not to sack Ms Patel last year after a report found evidence of "bullying" and "some occasions of shouting and swearing".

Mr Johnson backed Ms Patel, saying she had not broken the Ministerial Code.

The FDA union, which represents senior civil servants, said this reaction had "undermined" disciplinary procedures.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Mar 19:15

The government has settled with former civil servant Sir Philip Rutnam over his claim for unfair dismissal.

Sources close to Sir Philip confirmed to BBC Radio 4`s PM programme that he received £340,000 plus his legal costs.

The ex-Home Office boss quit amid bullying claims against Home Secretary Priti Patel, which she denies.

Labour`s Nick Thomas-Symonds has written to Ms Patel to ask how much taxpayers` money has been spent settling the case.

Sir Philip said he had been the victim of a "vicious and orchestrated" briefing campaign after trying to get Ms Patel to change her behaviour.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Mar 20:40

Makes Nicola's £500K like chicken feed, Ruthy will be happy !😊
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 19:38

Her expenses sheet makes some reading!

£77K For her eyebrows, £5K in Primark?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 23:35

VONC surely? Absolute horrible person
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 08:56

She didn't spend 77k on eyebrows. It was on PPE (allegedly) from a beauty company.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 12:47

I definitely think that deserves further investigation. How does a beauty company get £77,000 for PPE? What was she buying PPE out of her expenses for? When did the beauty company start producing PPE? Have the beauty company received any contracts from the government for PPE? What is her relationship with the company owners?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:11

I don't think it was Patel. It was a department. The eyebrow thing was a joke.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:39

Must have been the whole department that went out for some of the meals!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 16:04

Just the first page!🤔😷😡😡😡

https://twitter.com/NorthernLefty/status/1375481581146677259?s=09

Post Edited (Sun 28 Mar 16:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 16:02

So Priti has sent in the storm troopers to arrest 2 immigrants, strange that it happens to be Nichola Sturgeon's constituency!🤔

Convoy currently held up by a demonstration by the locals!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 17:19

This must be intended as a provocation to Nicola Sturgeon. I assume ‘Immigration Enforcement’ police are under Westminster authority therefore they can legally jackboot their way into Sturgeon’s backyard with Holyrood powerless to stop them.

It’s an ugly show of political strength in the very same street where Kriss Donald was grabbed and later killed a few years back. English fascists travelled up in the aftermath to try and raise racial tensions but fortunately the locals saw them off. I hope the locals can get the same result today.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 17:54

Reports saying that the two have been released so looks like a victory even if it's a temporary one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 17:59

Scotland`s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, who is also the MSP for the area, said the Home Office action "was creating a dangerous and unacceptable situation", and urged them to "resolve" the situation ASAP.

Humza Yousaf, the Scottish government`s justice secretary, said he had asked to speak to the Home Office to "make clear just how unacceptable this situation is".

However, he said he was "disappointed that out of eight Home Office Ministers none of them could make themselves available" to speak to him.

Instead, he said he spoke to the a representative for the department in Scotland and urged them to abandon the operation.

BBC Scotland has asked the Home Office to comment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 18:12

Nicola Sturgeon did have a useful card to play here. She could have let the Glasgow Police know that her government was looking for light touch regulation, abandoning the Border Police to the tender mercies of the local protesters.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 13 May 22:20

Shocking behaviour, its going to kick off big time when people get their freedom back
https://mobile.twitter.com/danigaravelli1/status/1392795484033519618
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 07:29

Quote:

Tenruh, Thu 13 May 22:20

Shocking behaviour, its going to kick off big time when people get their freedom back
https://mobile.twitter.com/danigaravelli1/status/1392795484033519618

That's why our freedom was taken.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 08:48

Just a reminder from the English government on who owns Scotland. They'll be back .
But well done the folk of Glasgow taking the fight to them.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19301856.glasgow-triumphant-home-office-forced-back-dawn-raid-detentions/

Post Edited (Fri 14 May 08:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 09:45

Nobody has had their freedom taken from them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 10:03

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 14 May 09:45

Yet
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 10:08

Not true.

We have literal concentration camps in this country where we "disappear" people indefinitely, without trial.

Why do we snatch people from their beds in the morning?

Why do we take prisoners` phones and stop them from communicating freely?

Why do we prevent journalists from performing their duty to inform the public by denying them entry to the concentration camps?

Why is this not the first time we`ve done this? Do we never learn? How many times will this country think it`s fine (or even noble) to lock people up based on their nationality, religion, political beliefs or simple lack of unquestioning obedience?

And why do we think we can criticise China whilst doing these things?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 14 May 10:26

Much play from the Number one ambulance chasing lawyer and Justice Secretary about this happening on a religious holiday, a religion that those they are so concerned about do not even follow.

Maybe Christians should claim immunity from arrest if they mugged Santa.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 10:36

Quote:

Wotsit, Fri 14 May 10:08

Not true.

We have literal concentration camps in this country where we "disappear" people indefinitely, without trial.

Why do we snatch people from their beds in the morning?

Why do we take prisoners` phones and stop them from communicating freely?

Why do we prevent journalists from performing their duty to inform the public by denying them entry to the concentration camps?

Why is this not the first time we`ve done this? Do we never learn? How many times will this country think it`s fine (or even noble) to lock people up based on their nationality, religion, political beliefs or simple lack of unquestioning obedience?

And why do we think we can criticise China whilst doing these things?

Sorry I meant us in general, I agree with all if the above.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 14 May 16:01

Yesterday was simply mob rules organised by the Scottish government. A very dangerous game being played to organise and let mob rule decide what’s right and wrong. Let’s see what’s next, if you don’t like a piece of legislation let the mob decide.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 17:24

Maybe Christians should claim immunity from arrest if they mugged Santa.

They weren`t attested. They were indefinitely detained without trial by a private security contractor.

Sorry I meant us in general, I agree with all if the above.

Ahh, I see now,

Let’s see what’s next, if you don’t like a piece of legislation let the mob decide.

You call them a mob, I call them a community with a goal and an effective plan; something Westminster wouldn`t know it was staring them in both of their faces.

Post Edited (Fri 14 May 17:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 18:03

A mob to my way of thinking is aggressive, employing some form of collective violence against either people or property. None of that applied to what I saw or read about the events taking place in Kenmure Street yesterday. The only threat came in the form of police riot gear and horses which, due to the passive resistance of the crowd, was not required. So far as I am aware, in the seven hour stand off no injuries were reported. A sensible compromise between the police and the public seemed to have been agreed.

Yet I have the feeling that some people are disappointed by this outcome. Would they have preferred a baton charge to uphold the authority of the UK parliament? Would mounted police charging into the crowd have made matters better?

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 19:14

Quote:

dafc, Fri 14 May 16:01

Yesterday was simply mob rules organised by the Scottish government. A very dangerous game being played to organise and let mob rule decide what’s right and wrong. Let’s see what’s next, if you don’t like a piece of legislation let the mob decide.

Impressive that it was coordinated by the SG seeing as how NS was due to be sworn in when this was all kicking off.

I guess we should take the vote back off women seeing as how it was the baying hordes that had the law on women being eligible to vote changed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 19:52

Massive steaming pile of bile there from dafc.

Great stuff from Glasgow. Sure I've seen the Home office has a 52% loss rate when their attempts to deport people gets appealed. They are not to be trusted
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 19:53

Wotsit, asylum seekers go through a process to determine eligibility to remain, not a trial. Every European country does that, and Germany deports thousands more than the UK does.

If the SNP wish to have a totally “no questions asked in you come”. immigration policy in the next Indy Ref they are perfectly entitled to do.

Meanwhile, more than a few of us who have been living under semi martial law for the last year must be wondering if there are rules for some but not for others when comes to street assemblies. A placard comes in handy it seems.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 20:31

Germany accepts hundreds of thousands more than the UK does.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 May 21:48

Priti turning on our European neighbours as well!

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/13/eu-citizens-arriving-in-uk-being-locked-up-and-expelled?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 00:50

Quote:

Parboiled, Fri 14 May 19:53

Wotsit, asylum seekers go through a process to determine eligibility to remain, not a trial. Every European country does that, and Germany deports thousands more than the UK does.

If the SNP wish to have a totally “no questions asked in you come”. immigration policy in the next Indy Ref they are perfectly entitled to do.

Meanwhile, more than a few of us who have been living under semi martial law for the last year must be wondering if there are rules for some but not for others when comes to street assemblies. A placard comes in handy it seems.

They are imprisoned, in camps, which are kept secret, without proper public trial. That, to me, is a shocking violation of human rights.

I bet the Ughurs also go through a "process" - although we have seen more of the insides of Chinese detention camps than we have British ones. Must be that free press we keep pretending to have.

Who do you think is attracted to the minimum wage jobs in these camps by the way? What sort of person would rather work there than McDonald's? Presumably they're not relying on migrant labour.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 15 May 07:15

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 15 May 00:50

I bet the Ughurs also go through a "process" - although we have seen more of the insides of Chinese detention camps than we have British ones. Must be that free press we keep pretending to have.

The Chinese detention camps don't exist according to George Galloway.
He doesn't care which oppressive regime he lies for.
https://youtu.be/YMwqYRLgjs8

Post Edited (Sat 15 May 07:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 15:42

Turns out that the 2 illegal citizens aren't illegal, Home Office now being sued!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 15 May 16:27

Brilliant, couldn’t make it up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 17:38

Just went to Google that story and came across this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/apr/23/home-office-sued-by-asylum-seeker-over-babys-death

Exactly the kind of country I want to live in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 19:38

She has more questions to answer!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-ppe-lobbying-coronavirus-b1848076.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:20

Dearie me, frightening for the people!🤔🤯🤯🤯

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/17/immigration-letter-sent-to-long-term-british-citizens-causes-alarm?__twitter_impression=true
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 16:37

She really has to go LA when you look at the Met ever increasing lack of discipline and protocol and the potential arrests of many of their own for breaches of security .. although I suspect nowt will happen

Hope you are well

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 16:49

Hi BPP, doing good, back criticising this corrupt government and a bit gutted after the play offs!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 16:54

Glad to hear that LA .. shame about the play offs but we are not really good enough to go up ... This time next year Rodney :) This Governments corruption knows no bounds ... but they get away with it .. they are laughing at us ... keep the links going and take care

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 17:24

🤔😷👍🏁🏁🏁
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 11:22

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 18 May 16:54

Glad to hear that LA .. shame about the play offs but we are not really good enough to go up ... This time next year Rodney :) This Governments corruption knows no bounds ... but they get away with it .. they are laughing at us ... keep the links going and take care

And yet still some call me a conspiracy theorist for pointing this out.
They're laughing to the tune of billions.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 08:26

Priti`s knockers :-

Holiday `police` knocking on your door: Priti Patel reveals plans for up to 10,000 quarantine checks EVERY day to make sure returning Britons are self-isolating - as five million book summer trips to Europe

Priti Patel said enforcement was being stepped up to check on people arriving
Will make sure travellers who visit amber-list countries obey ten-day quarantine
Officials can do 10,000 home visits a day and 30,000 were conducted last week

Anyone found to be out when supposedly self-isolating risks fine up to £10,000
Warning came despite growing optimism of an end to Covid curbs next month

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 11:16

And still flights from India arriving in the UK!🤬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 20 May 13:07

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 20 May 11:16

110 since they were declared a red list country. The corruption in this government and the media for not holding them to account is staggering. How can anyone want to remain a part of this “union”.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 May 12:57

Quote:

dd23, Thu 20 May 13:07

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 20 May 11:16

110 since they were declared a red list country. The corruption in this government and the media for not holding them to account is staggering. How can anyone want to remain a part of this “union”.

Who would have thought eh....anyone seeing what they're doing yet?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 18:39

Priti is health secretary as well now :(

The home secretary, Priti Patel, has denied a claim by Dominic Cummings that the government originally tried to pursue a “herd immunity” strategy in response to Covid-19.

The former No 10 chief of staff on Saturday had accused ministers of lying about the change of heart and said that “‘herd immunity by September’ was literally the official plan”.

But speaking on Sunday, Ms Patel said that claims the government had delayed lockdown because it wanted to let the virus rip through the population were “absolutely not” true.

“Our strategy was always about protecting public health, saving lives and protecting the NHS," she told the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 23 May 21:55

Yet another fvckin lie. Her Fürher said otherwise.

https://youtu.be/SQDXmipIYF8

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jun 21:37

Anyone seen Priti ?

Opposition MPs have called on the home secretary to resign after documents suggested she misled parliament over her decision to house asylum seekers at Kent`s controversial Napier Barracks.

Health officials, inspectors and a High Court judge have examined concerns dormitory use led to a Covid outbreak.

Priti Patel said in February that "use of the accommodation was all based on Public Health England (PHE) advice".

However, a Home Office email said PHE advice viewed dorms as unsuitable.
Amid calls in the Commons for Ms Patel to resign, SNP MP Joanna Cherry said: "What she said - that the department had previously followed public health guidance regarding Napier Barracks in every single way - was simply not factually correct."

She asked: "Why isn`t the home secretary tendering her resignation as Amber Rudd (the former home secretary) had the grace and decency to do?"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jun 22:20

Not another one?

Just be put aside like Gove, Hancock and Johnson, Ministerial Code just a joke!🤔🤬💰💵💰💵🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Jun 07:24

Expecting any sort of justice or decency from a Tory🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Jun 14:34

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/06/11/police-chiefs-phone-records-deleted-after-contact-with-priti-patel-over-extinction-rebellion-murdoch-blockade/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 15:39

Shocking story of corruption within the MET and the establishment looking after their own :-

The Story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57073302

The Report :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57484219

Priti has never progressed from primary 5 watching that, Home Secretary ?? it is embarrassing :(

Post Edited (Tue 15 Jun 18:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 14:17

Home Secretary Priti Patel has defended a new £54.2m deal with France to stem the rising number of migrants crossing the English Channel.
The number of people crossing the Channel this year is now more than the total for all of 2020.

She denied it was "sending good money after bad" after a £28.2m deal last November failed to limit crossings.

Calais MP Pierre-Henri Dumont suggested it would not have an impact as the French coastline is too long to patrol.

Giving evidence to the Home Affairs Committee, Ms Patel said it was an "evolving situation", with the numbers of those attempting the crossing having "increased considerably".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 17:37

Pity that they didn't use the money for NHS pay rise!🤔😷😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 22:14

Don't worry LA once the triple lock is broken that's where the money for the NHS payrise will come from.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 08:28

I fear you could be right Tenruh :-(

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Aug 18:49

A bit rich from Patel asking the other European countries to commit to taking a bigger share of refugees from Afghanistan, given the UK is among those at the foot of this particular table.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 09:31

Surprised that "the smirk" hasn't appeared on telly with regards to the tragic drowning in the Channel, she would have blown them off the water with one of our gunships!🤔🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 13:11

We are paying a lot of money to supposedly stop this from happening
I know its not always easy as France has a huge coastline but it would appear many are turning a blind eye as to what is actually happening :-

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/475/spending-on-tackling-illegal-immigration-from-france

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 15:57

France has cancelled a meeting with the UK to discuss Channel crossings after Boris Johnson asked the French to take back migrants arriving in Britain.

French interior minister Gerald Darmanin told Home Secretary Priti Patel "she was no longer welcome" at Sunday`s European meeting on migrant issues after 27 people died making the crossing on Wednesday, a French government spokesman said.

Spokesman Gabriel Attal said it was because of Mr Johnson`s letter to French President Emmanuel Macron.

Mr Macron, asked about the letter, said: "I am surprised when things are not done seriously, we are not whistleblowers."

Earlier, Mr Attal told BFMTV: "That letter was formally poor and its content inappropriate."

Mr Darmanin said the letter is a "disappointment" and the fact it was made public was "worse", French media reported.

An Interior Ministry statement, reported in French media, said the letter was "unacceptable and contrary to our discussions between counterparts".

Good old Boris the Breenger

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 18:00

Is there anything he doesn't f*ck up?🤔🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 18:18

From the Mirror .. aye ah ken

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/the-tories-are-drowning-in-a-sea-of-desperation-with-incompetence-and-malice/ar-AARevHc?cvid=e20ecb0376de4c47fd4352b2e99e6f46&ocid=winp1taskbar

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 11:46

So even sadder news from the Channel, is this the state of little England?

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/people/hastings-rnli-lifeboat-crew-blocked-from-going-out-to-sea-by-people-angry-at-them-rescuing-refugees-3475179

Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 11:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 06:24

Happy to bomb the life out of them in their own countries but not prepared to accept the fallout.
Typical cowards.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 16:27

Lucky we didn't protest over Peter Grant!🤔😷😲

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/01/imprisoned-51-weeks-protesting-britain-police-state

Post Edited (Wed 01 Dec 16:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 17:29

Nothing surprises me anymore with this mob L.A. they are laughing at us :-((

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 17:36

Missing in action
This from the Beeb the wee video is worth a watch
Patel really is out of her depth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60664797

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 08:55

Another Tory cabinet minister that really grates on me. Wouldn`t trust her as far as I could throw her..

Liz Truss is another

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 09:27

Devious lying nasty cow :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-60668779

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 18:08

Was she missing from PMQs today ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 18:30

Aye Raymie like Boris the Brave she hides when the going gets tough .. She is well out her depth

`Where is she?!’ Backbenchers jeer Boris at PMQs and demand to know where Priti Patel is

SNP WESTMINSTER leader Ian Blackford attacked Boris Johnson and Priti Patel for their "hostile" Ukrainian visa programme with backbenchers loudly demanding to know where the Home Secretary was.

Post Edited (Wed 09 Mar 18:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 19:12

When the going gets tough, we hide.

Seems to be the motto for this Tory government.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Mar 19:39

Wow Priti has surfaced and looks and sounds so much out of her depth she had to read verbatim what some one had written for her ala morecambe and wise

Never lifted her head .. horrid nasty hoor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60686254

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Mar 11:53

Spot On :-

The leader of the Liberal Democrats has called on the prime minister to sack Priti Patel over her handling of the Ukrainian refugee crisis.

Speaking at his party`s spring conference in York, Sir Ed Davey said the government had "been found wanting" when it came to helping those fleeing war.

And he said the home secretary`s response was "utterly shameful", claiming she had "slammed the door" in the face of refugees.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Mar 17:01

“Send her back to Uganda” says senior SNP policy advisor Tim Rideout

She was born in London you utter moron.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Mar 17:58

Quote:

Parboiled, Wed 16 Mar 17:01

Welcome back Mario..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Mar 18:26

Quote:

Parboiled, Wed 16 Mar 17:01

Suspended. Shame the same didn`t happen when our PM was making similar disgusting remarks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Mar 18:32

Just reading his other comments. Comes across as a complete fool. What is it with white men of a certain age and finding misnaming things funny? On the unionist side we hear crap like "Krankie" and it appears the Nationalist side is all about "Englandshire". Is there not a course they can go on to get better banter?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Apr 15:47

Has taken a £100K donation from an oil dealer, and you wonder why the Tories never increased taxes on oil companies!🤔🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Apr 19:59

She is one useless nasty piece .. L.A.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 13:43

Home Secretary Priti Patel has apologised for the "frustrating" visa delays which have prevented thousands of Ukrainian refugees entering the UK.

Just over a quarter of those Ukrainians granted visas - 12,000 - have reached the UK so far, Ms Patel told BBC News.

Would-be sponsors of refugees have criticised the bureaucracy and ensuing delays in the Homes For Ukraine scheme.

Home Office figures published on Friday show the government has granted 41,000 visas to Ukrainians fleeing the war.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 11:41

Her latest brainchild is to send single male asylum-seekers who arrive in the UK illegally (eg by small boats across the English Channel) to Rwanda for processing their applications. If they are successful they will be offered asylum in Rwanda.

Boris Johnson says its reputation as being a country with a poor human rights record is a `stereotype` and it has changed a lot - and yet this new policy is intended to act as a deterrent to people coming to the UK. Isn`t there a contradiction there?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 12:20

They`ll be moving them out in cattle trucks next!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 16:52

Utterly staggering strategy. We will need 5 hours of Questions Time tonight. Don`t know who is on but wiling to bet Patel won`t be

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 18:06

We have paid France £114 million to stop the immigrants .. France could not care less

We are now paying Rwanda £120 million to accept the same immigrants that we paid France £114 million to stop

Laurel and Hardy anyone ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpDzNQNPzG0

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 18:08

…and to think half the population of Scotland don’t think we could do any better on our own!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 18:52

No Question Time tonight, Raymie. They`re in recess for the holidays!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 19:01

What happens if someone from Rwanda is seeking asylum?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 20:03

...but...but...but it will save THOUSANDS of lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 23:38

It`s basic xenophobia and sexism too. The UK in no way takes its share of asylum seekers when compared to similar sized (population and economy wise) countries like France and Germany.

I get the whole "they should just settle in the first safe country argument" but that`s not really practical in most cases and it seems the ones risking their lives to get to the UK typically have friends or family here already.

The approach being suggested is the same as what Australia did. It wasn`t effective and cost a fortune.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 23:44

Quote:

jake89, Thu 14 Apr 23:38

It`s basic xenophobia and sexism too. The UK in no way takes its share of asylum seekers when compared to similar sized (population and economy wise) countries like France and Germany.

I get the whole "they should just settle in the first safe country argument" but that`s not really practical in most cases and it seems the ones risking their lives to get to the UK typically have friends or family here already.

The approach being suggested is the same as what Australia did. It wasn`t effective and cost a fortune.

The Australian one cost 1.5 billion and only dealt with a total of 300 refugees.
It`s estimated this scheme will cost 800 times what it costs to process an asylum seeker in the current UK system.
Tories certainly know how to waste taxpayers money.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Apr 23:47

Has anyone checked if Rishi Sunak`s wife has shares in a Rwandan asylum processing agency?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 06:31

It was probably England ( one way or other)that bombed them out their country in the first instance so England should man up and take full responsibility for their actions.

Post Edited (Fri 15 Apr 06:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 09:03

There is no English army so...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 10:54

But there is essentially an English voted in Parliament who decide what the army will do and the majority of those recent decisions were opposed by the collective politicians Scotland voted for.

Anyway I hate the settle in the first safe country argument as it’s essentially nimby-ism on a global scale and surprise surprise, that policy would mean this country would need to take anybody

Post Edited (Fri 15 Apr 10:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 11:41

By that logic the Scottish Parliament is the Glaswegian Parliament 😂

The first safe country argument is nonsense when talking about tens of thousands (hundreds of?) of people. Germany takes 4x what we do and France 3x.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 11:46

No by that argument, the Scottish Parliament is voted in primarily by people from Scotland and not a different country…

It also shows that the majority of people elected are voted in from the central belt … which could skew the decisions in favour of the central belt, but at least that’s a lot closer than London and the south east of England
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 15:50

That`s my point (and I`m just being a pedant!). Any parliament will always be biased by where the majority of the constituents live. Scotland will never be effectively represented within the UK (decisions are made around what works for the likes of London rather than Livingston) but then it`s the same in Scotland where the main focus is on Glasgow and Edinburgh. I`d even go as far as suggesting that Dunfermline is poorly represented within Fife as the main focus is on Central Fife.

I`d agree Scotland would be better represented through an independent parliament though. Decision making within the UK is done to suit the south of England. People in Scotland are angry but I can`t understand how people in the north of England aren`t even angrier! They get a pittance whilst money is lavished on London. Surely it should be like in Scotland where the poorer local authorities receive more per head than the rich ones? Instead they get told that spending billions in London benefits everyone, which is does to some extent, but it also results in a brain drain in places like Sunderland as there`s no jobs and people head south for work.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 20:35

There was only muted applause from a handful of officials as the politicians shook hands in the Kigali Conference Centre, smiling awkwardly for the cameras.

But Home Secretary Priti Patel hailed the Rwandan deal as a world first, a major milestone. And it is. Potentially.

Some nations have attempted to outsource their asylum processing offshore. But no country has ever tried to export its asylum responsibilities before.

What the deal envisages is an end to the system of protection for those fleeing war and persecution that Britain signed up to more than 70 years ago.

Post Edited (Fri 15 Apr 20:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Apr 21:24

It is really a sad day for the UK, time for a division me thinks!🤔🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 07:13

World leaders in shirking on our responsibilities. A proud day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 09:48

Scotland desperately needs migration, can the Scot Gov not spare a ferry to take these fit young men once they land at Dover?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 10:02

Immigration is not a devolved issue but I suspect you knew that - or maybe not.

You`ll be suggesting next that the Scottish Government should engage Chris Grayling as a consultant on ferry procurement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 11:08

Sorry, utter shambles up here is a ferry sore point I know.

Post Edited (Sat 16 Apr 11:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 13:00

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 16 Apr 11:08

Sorry, utter shambles up here is a ferry sore point I know.

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2022/03/31/here-is-the-proof-that-the-government-were-warned-in-advance-about-the-impending-ferry-fiasco/

Who needs Grayling when we`ve got Forbes

Post Edited (Sat 16 Apr 13:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 20:36

Priti Patel had to personally approve a scheme to send some asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda after her officials voiced concern over value for money.

The home secretary issued a rare "ministerial direction" to push through the plans, meaning she takes responsibility for it.

It is only the second time the Home Office has used the power in 30 years.

A union for top civil servants said the plan was "divisive" but officials would have to implement it or leave.

She really is one Horrid Hoor !!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 09:01

Seems to have amazing support from the UK public. Genuinely depressing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 12:12

The number of people shipped out to Rwanda is not going to make any difference.
Right, wrong or indifferent.

The required effect is to dissuade economic migrants from paying people-smugglers to zip them across the channel and skip the asylum system.

BTW - I am absolutely in favour of giving access to genuine asylum seekers, and completely understand the motivation for economic migrants (after all, I am one!) - but a line must be drawn and FAIR rules must be implemented and followed.

FAR too many folks are deliberately treating/viewing and talking about economic migrants in the same breath, and demanding the same treatment as the genuine asylum seekers.

We have a hotel full of asylum seekers in my village, almost all are Syrian families, they have been welcomed, places at schools made available, interpreters on-site, language courses given, jobs made available.

Compare that to the boatloads of single young men arriving at the south coast of England, having paid 000`s to get a place on the boat, all carrying mobile phones and a distinct lack of papers...
Rioting if the accommodation provided isn`t to their liking, burning it down, demanding the same hotel, food and money that they were told was simply given on arrival.

I`m sorry for their self-inflicted hardships, but in many cases I would not be inclined to believe the `asylum seeking` line.

If a war broke out here, where women and children were being abused and murdered, I have three options:
1. We all run and try to get to safety
2. My family hides and I try to defend them
3. My family goes to safety and I fight

Never in a million years would the other `option` be considered:
ME scarpering with all our money, leaving my wife and daughters to fend for themselves, while I spend weeks/months passing through many safe countries to try to illegally enter the UK after spunking all our cash to a people-smuggler, AND ONLY THEN to try to arrange for them to join me...
(assuming that they are still alive and that I can contact them)
WTF?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 12:55

Good point.
Ukraine is desperately trying to evacuate the old, sick, women, cildren etc. The fit men are are all staying.

These queue jumpers (for that is what they are) in France have abandoned their families. They have also ditched their passports and any other ID, to gamble on not being kicked out if they manage to get here. There’s a whole army of hand wringers who will try to thwart any attempts to deport them.

I doubt if many will actually end up in Rawanda anyway. Once the word spreads then applying to come to the UK legally like others do becomes the only other option. I imagine French eBay will be awash with rubber dinghies and life jackets very soon …

Post Edited (Sun 17 Apr 12:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 22:39

U.K. gov own figures show that 78% of those people who have come over in boats have successfully had their Asylum applications granted, which means they are genuinely refugees as opposed to economic migrants.

U.K. gov says they are sending people to Rwanda to stop the evil people smugglers, but conveniently forgetting to mention that the U.K. has essentially blocked all legal routes which has played into the people smugglers hands. U.K. gov incompetence has exacerbated the issue.

Trying to compare men from Ukraine with men from countries that have been destroyed by Western foreign policy is like comparing apples with bananas.

Many Ukrainian men between the ages of 18-60 will have stayed to fight. Their country is under attack from a brutal assault from another country.

Many men from Arab countries like Libya,Syria and Yemen for example have been living in a country that has been ravaged by civil war. Civil wars that have come about from the Arab spring, a domino effect caused by Western countries bombing the s*** out of other countries trying to bring about a regime change and inventing stories about WMD to justify inflicting the carnage.

How do you know what these young men’s situation at home is/was? Neighbourhood destroyed, some or most of your family killed. No prospects whatsoever ever. And who would you be fighting against if you stayed ? It’s a civil war in most cases. It’s not an invasion from another country.

Sending people to Rwanda to be kept in Rwanda if their application is successful…..can’t come to U.K. and presumably jailing those whose applications are unsuccessful in a country with appalling human rights is disgusting. U.K. is apparently offering to build jails in Rwanda….wtf ! The morality of this should not even be up for debate. The legality certainly is.

Watch Ian Dale on LBC who genuinely thought that a successful application made in Rwanda would mean entry to U.K. When the penny drops and he realises that those individuals will never be allowed in to the U.K., he is astonished. ID ran for election once as …..a Tory.

We have one or two posters on here who are further right than a sheep dog responding to “ Away to me “

I find it astonishing that any decent human being could support this policy.

https://twitter.com/secrettory12/status/1515776697970442240?s=20&t=t7R6mwwACMEd8McZwj5OTg

Post Edited (Fri 22 Apr 23:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Apr 09:37

Follow the money trail, some Tories already implicated in the contracts for this disgraceful action!🤔🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 13:55

Yes you can bet any policy introduced will be of financial benefit to some Tory ministers........

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jun 13:24

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1535331182455492608?t=kTacamEa00Dm7orgyMGQag&s=19
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 09:28

From the Daily Mail :-

Priti Patel could be banned from putting Channel migrants on the first flight to Rwanda, it emerged last night.

Home Office sources said human rights lawyers had tabled a `deluge` of legal claims on behalf of 31 individuals due to be deported tomorrow.

They said there was a `real prospect` the courts could delay the removal of all 31. It means that even if the Court of Appeal today grants the Home Secretary the right to go ahead with the first removal flight, there may be no one to put on it.

Lawyers acting on behalf of the 31 are said either to have lodged legal appeals or warned they would do so today.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 13:58

There is going to be a surprise when those backing the scheme find out that it is a swap deal, with 31 refugees from Rwanda being brought back here!🤔😲🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 20:49

Marina Hyde - in the Guardian - nails it as usual.

"Presumably, when the Rwanda plan was first mentioned at cabinet, there were Ministers in tears of laughter at the ridiculousness of the entire idea. But it really wasn’t an idea that was supposed to take off. It was an idea designed to fail so the government could blame lefties and progressives (especially, those mythical ‘woke’ lawyers) for rising immigration. That will help shore up the support of the 36% or so of the electorate they need to guarantee an overall majority.

Blaming the opposition has become a Tory trait in recent times.

Only recently David Davis somehow managed to blame Remainers for the fact that Brexit has turned out to be an absolute calamity for Britain.

And it genuinely seems as if there is a large cohort of British people who are onside with all this obvious nonsense. They’re a minority certainly, but they’re a large minority. And the Tories can easily be elected by just appealing to the minority.

You do have to wonder though, about these people. How come so many people can look at their country fall apart and blame those who have been in opposition for over a decade while professing themselves happy with those who have led the UK into its current lamentable state?

In Brexitland, nothing makes sense. Logic is not allowed in. And anyway trying to use logic is a card-carrying member of the EUSSR, right?"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Jun 10:14

If you watch BBC you will see some of the to**ers that they interview on the streets, where do they find them?

Twitter is currently exploding from Thursday`s Question Time, which was held in Newcastle, which hasn`t had a Tory Councillor since Adam was a boy. It seems it was a handpicked Tory audience led by the true blue Foona Bruce, the Geordies weren`t happy!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jun 08:27

From the Mirror :-

Another of Priti Patel’s controversial asylum schemes has been ruled illegal – as she waits for a court verdict on her Rwanda plan.

The Home Secretary granted herself a five-year extension to house migrants in dilapidated Napier Barracks in Folkestone, Kent – where hundreds of migrants sleep 14 to a dorm.

But a judge ruled on Friday that the plan breached the Equality Act, designed to protect people from discrimination.

It was the second time Ms Patel’s plans for Napier were branded unlawful.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Jul 11:16

Compared to the metal fences and forced ‘push backs’ at the Poland border, or the heavy handed treatment by the Spanish at Ceuta - giving them barracks (that were good enough for our troops) and food, seems quite decent of us…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Aug 17:52

Anyone seen Priti ? :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62566194

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Aug 19:01

Full marks to the BBC/Times/Guardian for challenging this. Even if they don`t win the publicity will show the government in a bad light.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Aug 15:59

OH Here she is she has made an appearance :-

Home Secretary Priti Patel has insisted Rwanda is a safe place to send asylum seekers, despite an adviser warning ministers the Rwandan government tortured political opponents.

The advice was revealed on Tuesday, during a High Court case.
Asked about the warning, Ms Patel said the advice had come from a different department and it was the Home Office that was leading on the policy.

She said their work with Rwanda showed it was a safe country.
Earlier this year the government announced a plan to give some asylum seekers who cross the English Channel to the UK a one-way ticket to Rwanda.

Ministers argued the £120m policy would help discourage people from making the crossing and undermine people traffickers.

The first flight was ready to take off in June, but was cancelled at the last minute after campaigners successfully challenged it in the courts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 18:08

She has announced she is returning to the back benches, probably to avoid the ignominy of being sacked.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 18:28

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 5 Sep 18:08

She has announced she is returning to the back benches, probably to avoid the ignominy of being sacked.

Lost Patel and gained the likes of Rees-Mogg. 😨😩

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 19:02

Aye and Dr Death....Ian Duncan Smith!🤔🤬💩
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 20:10

Here`s why a Horrid, Nasty, piece of work, Good Riddance :-

Priti Patel’s letter to Boris Johnson lists what she regards as her achievements as Home Secretary: more police officers, a points-based immigration system, asylum reform and her deal with Rwanda.

But whoever takes over at the Home Office will inherit a department with chronic and profound challenges:

A scandal-ridden police service with a number of forces, including the Met, effectively in special measures

An asylum system in chaos, with tens of thousands of migrants in requisitioned hotels costing millions every day

The legality of her flagship Rwanda policy currently under consideration by the High Court

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 May 09:11

Not holding back apparently .. Rishi the backstabber to blame

In extracts of the speech, seen by the BBC, Ms Patel is highly critical of the Conservative Party`s leadership.

She is expected to say that some colleagues in Westminster "have done a better job at damaging our party"over the last year than the opposition, left-wing campaign groups and "our enemies in the media combined".

In the speech, Ms Patel is also expected to blame the MPs who removed Mr Johnson from power,

saying "they took down a vote-winning political giant".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 May 11:23

I really wish she would just f*** off into the channel and replace those migrants she so hates. Vile little pr*k
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net