DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lee Anderson
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 22 Mar 18:39

Conservative deputy chairman Lee Anderson has revealed he will be paid £100,000 a year for hosting a show on GB News, PA Media reports. PA says:

The annual fee, declared in an update to the MPs’ register of interests published on Wednesday, is a significant increase on the £200 weekly payment he received for appearing as a regular on Dan Wootton’s show.

The controversial MP for Ashfield, in Nottinghamshire, became the fifth Tory MP to host a GB News show when his deal with the channel was announced on 7 March.

He joins fellow Conservatives Jacob Rees-Mogg, Esther McVey and Philip Davies, who all currently host shows. Bishop Auckland MP Dehenna Davison previously hosted a show but left when she was made a levelling up minister.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lee Anderson
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 23 Mar 09:01

Cracking, unbiased panel of MPs right there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Mar 09:21

I`m surprised they can afford to pay him £100k given their financial problems. As he is an MP presumably his broadcasting job is part-time.

Is GB News still available on Freeview? When it first launched I used to sneak a look at it out of curiousity but can`t seem to find it now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 23 Mar 09:53

Is the guy who lost the Indy referendum still a Russia TV stooge?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 23 Mar 10:12

The involvement of these MP`s are against the rules seemingly, questions were asked at one of the committees last week, a developing story?

Mind you if the "Child catcher" is involved, it`ll be fine!🤔🐷😡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 23 Mar 14:02

They are permitted to be on it as (hilariously) GB News is not considered to be a news channel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Mar 17:23

Channel 236 on Freeview if anyone is interested (for research purposes only!).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 09:23

30p Lee in bother again .. He really is a half wit

Mind Farage has invited him into the reform party after he gets the sack

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 11:24

That`s an insult to half-wits, Bpp. Quarter-wit would be more accurate. You do wonder how folk would vote for somebody like that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 11:33

Say`s it all wee eck :-

Lee Anderson has been offered a place the Reform party by Nigel Farage after he was stripped of the Conservative whip after claiming that “Islamists” have “got control” of Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London.

Mr Farage said he believed Mr Anderson would “feel happier” in Reform and would be a “massive help to the cause” after the MP for Ashfield was suspended for his comments, which were criticised as Islamophobic.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 12:17

Let’s concentrate on our home grown twerps. Like Jenny Gilruth so called
Education Sec on telly this morning.

Shocking report on violence in Aberdeen - “ just one area”
Huge response from teachers in all areas following news coverage of that report - “need to mind our language..”
Read the report - “No”
What you gonna do about it “ Nowt to do with me, Local authorities responsible..”

Final question should have been “what are you there for then, you utter waste of space?”

Post Edited (Sun 25 Feb 12:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 12:39

I can`t see even a remote connection with Lee Anderson. Are you just trying to deflect attention from him?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 13:12

SNP Westminster stooshie discussed by MSM, but strangely enough no SNP representative on any of the programmes. 🤬🤬🤬

Sarwar asking what are Scottish Government going to do about power bills?🤔🤣🤣🤣

As Lee Anderson gets kicked out, will Braverman follow and possibly Truss?🤔

Scotland win Calcutta Cup, SKY silence!🤔

Sunak hiding apparently!💰💰💰

Post Edited (Sun 25 Feb 13:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 13:43

Quote:

Parboiled, Sun 25 Feb 12:17

Huge response from teachers in all areas following news coverage of that report - “need to mind our language..”
Read the report - “No”
What you gonna do about it “ Nowt to do with me, Local authorities responsible..”

Final question should have been “what are you there for then, you utter waste of space?”

Get in the bin with your whataboutery. Absolute clown
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 13:52

⬆️👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 14:43

FWIW, I thought she dealt very well with Martin Geissler`s hectoring, almost bullying, style.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 15:18

Mind when Jeremy Paxman would give government ministers, very often Tory ones , an absolute kicking during his interviews? Was he being bullying and hectoring as well because my recollection was everybody loved it that he wasn`t giving those in power an easy time.

I do find it strange that the Scottish government often takes the line that it`s council issue on many things except when it comes to allowing councils to set their own council tax rises.All sorts of pressure applied then.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 15:34

I wasn`t suggesting Geissler`s style was unique to interviews with SNP politicians. None of them should be given an easy ride but I think he overdoes it to the extent that sometimes the interviewee hardly gets a chance to develop an answer. The problem is these interviews are subject to time constraints and the politicians know they can get through them without having to commit themselves too much. Oh for the days of in-depth interviews such as those conducted by Robin Day or Brian Walden.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 18:24

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 25 Feb 13:43

Quote:

Parboiled, Sun 25 Feb 12:17

Read the report - “No”

Get in the bin with your whataboutery. Absolute clown

Agreed, that halfwit hijacks any thread calling out his beloved tories. It`s complete deflection. I wish he would just leave the adults to have a discussion in peace
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Feb 22:46

He`s still drooling over Saturdays Daily Mail headlines!🤔🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 06:30

Pathetic Eck, she’s the Education Sec on £140k a year, and had obviously done zero preparation.

After a week when teachers all over the country had complained of the violence they face on a regular basis what did she expect to get asked about, the quality of school dinners?

Geissler hectoring ? Bullying? Incredulous more like. The worst interviewee on that programme since Angela Constance asked if she could re run a question. “ Are we on live Gordon?”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 08:26

Quite clear to everyone that you are the only pathetic one Parboiled. Why don`t you stand for office if you are so confident in your own abilities? Somehow I think the grey matter doesn`t match the ego...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 08:59

Gilruth was ill-prepared, which was disappointing. However, she`s still far more professional and suited to representing her constituents than Lee Anderson.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 10:25

The SNP COSLA spokesperson who was also interviewed was a refreshing contrast.

Her responses to questions on the council tax freeze issue, and how different local authorities might handle it, were direct and informative. She didn’t say it was all Westminster’s fault or it’s worse in Wales either..!

Post Edited (Mon 26 Feb 10:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 10:51

The SNP could easily have said there was `no one available` to take part in the education interview. That seems to be a favourite ploy by some parties who want to avoid difficult questions.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 12:20

You see why some interviewees don`t like appearing on telly when Dowden and Coffey turn up!🤔🥳🥳🥳
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 16:53

Richard Tice, leader of Reform UK - the rebranded Brexit Party, is the first political leader to come out in support of MP Lee Anderson.

In a long statement posted on X he said: "The truth is that Lee speaks for millions of people who are appalled by what is happening to our country.

"Between them, this gutless government and the Mayor of London appear to have lost control of our streets."

He goes on to suggest recent pro-Palestinian marches in London - which have called for a ceasefire in the Israel-Gaza conflict - are "pro-Hamas, hate-filled, antisemitic marches".

"Lee Anderson may have been clumsy in his precise choice of words, but his sentiments are supported by millions of British citizens, including myself," writes Tice.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 10:52

He has defected to Reform UK. That`s some journey he has made - from Labour to Tory to Reform UK.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 11:40

Like Galloway the guy is an opportunistic chancer but he`s preaching words that many agree with.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 16:17

Defects to Reform but refuses to have a by-election, despite previously stating that any defection should result in a by election…..

Also previous called Richard Tice unpleasant names and said Reform “werent a real party” 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 17:26

There is no requirement for MPs to stand down and trigger a by-election if they defect from their original party, as they are formally elected as an individual rather than a party representative.

I cannot get my head around this .. I voted Tory because he was the Tory candidate .. Add in Labour/Lib Dem/SNP/Et Al .. I did not vote for an individual I voted for the candidate of the Party I support .. ????

ETA .. I have never voted Tory in my puff .. it was an example to highlight the stupidity of the voting system

Post Edited (Mon 11 Mar 17:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 17:41

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 11 Mar 17:26

There is no requirement for MPs to stand down and trigger a by-election if they defect from their original party, as they are formally elected as an individual rather than a party representative.

I cannot get my head around this .. I voted Tory because he was the Tory candidate .. Add in Labour/Lib Dem/SNP/Et Al .. I did not vote for an individual I voted for the candidate of the Party I support .. ????

ETA .. I have never voted Tory in my puff .. it was an example to highlight the stupidity of the voting system

Any defection should trigger an automatic by-election.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 17:45

I`ve never understood it either. If we`re voting for the individual why do they count up the numbers of members representing each party to decide which one forms the government and chooses the PM?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 19:10

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 11 Mar 17:26

You had me worried there BPP!🤔😲😲😲
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 19:12

So if an MP has the whip withdrawn because he no longer supports a party position should that also trigger a by election since it`s the party and not the individual we are seemingly electing?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 20:04

Surely though if you are voting for the individual and not the party then every MP should be an independent? 🤔

You surely vote based on a parties manifesto and how that suits you?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 21:08

He`ll fit in perfectly at Reform. Do as I say, not as I do. Absolute cretin of a man followed by absolute thickos who fall for his "man down the pub" attitude despite the fact he`d screw every single one of them over for a few extra quid in his pay.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net