DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Wipe Out
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 20:17

Over heard in the Tory conference room

OK we are going to be wiped out at the next GE

So what can we do between then and now ?

Please Sir .. we could reduce the national insurance contribution

Great idea .. Lets reward the big earners

Please sir .. we could scrap Inheritance tax

Great Idea .. lets reward all our mega rich donors

Please sir .. we could reduce income tax

Great Idea .. lets make Britain great again and take more benefits from those who need it most

Please sir .. we could give billions to Rwanda and France and more millions to the Bibby barge

Great Idea .. lets waste as much money as we can

Hold on sir .. there is a programme on tv about the post Office scandal

Great idea .. lets throw Vennells and Davy under his stupid removal van .. then pardon all wrongly accused

And show the uk public we are the party for the people .. Its an election winner

Please sir .. will we give them compensation for ruining their lives

Don’t be stupid man .. Ed Davy the tax payer and fujitsu will take care of that

Post Edited (Tue 09 Jan 20:18)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Wipe Out
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 07:53

The conference was three months ago. Retune that telly!

Post Edited (Wed 10 Jan 07:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 09:20

I think there could be a good bit more to come out of this :-

The UK government awarded billions of pounds of contracts involving Fujitsu on Rishi Sunak’s watch after the Japanese company’s software was found to be at fault in the Post Office scandal in a landmark 2019 court ruling.

Government procurement records show Fujitsu was involved in £4.9bn of solo and joint public-sector contracts after the December 2019 ruling, including £3.6bn during Sunak’s time as chancellor and now prime minister.

Fujitsu provided the Horizon IT system at the heart of the biggest miscarriage of justice in modern British history and a growing political storm over the failure of successive governments to resolve the scandal.

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 10:51

Fujitsu and Infosys are linked, Sunaks father in law runs Infosys.

Gillian Keegan, the Education Secretary, husband is head of Fujitsu.

There is also a link to Planitir who are taking over the National Health database.

Private Eye have been talking about the Post Office scandal for years, my wife was a counter assistant when it was happening, had to pack it in due to the stress!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 11:13

I smell schoite LA

Since the court’s decision, Fujitsu has received £1.6bn in individual government contracts and was involved in a further £3.3bn in joint awards from departments including the Treasury and HM Revenue & Customs. The contracts covered a range of software services.

Fujitsu was involved in £2.4bn worth of awarded contracts when Sunak was chancellor from February 2020 to July 2022, and another £1.2bn since he became prime minister in October 2022, according to procurement records.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 12:06

Scottish ministers now looking at the contracts they have awarded to Fujitsu.
Not sure why these contracts would have been awarded to them though?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 12:45

The Scottish Government and other public sector bodies will have numerous contracts with Fujitsu. They have an office at Edinburgh Park.

What happened with the Post Office was a disgrace, but the reality of what happened is relatively new and I`m sure there will be hundreds of public sector contracts with Fujitsu. I`m unclear the purpose of the Scottish Government checking their own contracts.

I`m also sure plenty other suppliers have implemented crap systems, just not with the tragic outcome we`ve seen with Postmasters. When I worked in the public sector there were some awful companies. Was it delivered on time? Yes. Did they meet the requirements? Yes. Did the solution actually work? Sort of...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 12:45

This from 2020 TOWK

Fujitsu, a leading digital transformation company, has today announced a major contract with the Scottish Government and Scottish Local Authorities to support the electronic counting (e-Counting) of ballot papers at the Scottish Local Government elections in May 2022.

Led by Fujitsu’s Devolved Government Team in Scotland, the five year contract will see Fujitsu and its partners, elections software and services supplier Idox and Elite Training, provide an end-to-end e-Counting solution. This includes the provision of software infrastructure, the printing and distribution of all ballot papers, counting and results, as well as training and support needs for each local authority.

e-Counting has been used in Scotland’s Local Government elections since 2007 and this new contact award builds on the success of the technology, creating new efficiencies and greater levels of support. The contract ensures high quality digital services that will enable accurate and secure election results to be delivered quickly.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 12:51

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/scottish_government_and_fujitsu

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 12:58

Isn`t all that information on the public contracts register? Anything over a certain value (£20k?) has to be listed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 13:18

The wheels of justice seem to move incredibly slowly in this country - waspi women, Hillsborough, infected blood products and transfusions and now this. It`s almost as if they`re hoping the victims will give up or die off...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 14:02

If any of your constituents asks about Ed Davy .. this is what you tell them :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67934669

Post Edited (Wed 10 Jan 14:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 14:23

The Tories are asking Davey to relinquish his knighthood whilst suggesting that Alan Bates, who led the postmasters` campaign, should get one! Don`t you just love politics and politicians!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 16:30

Private Eye were reporting on this in 2009!

So hardly new🤔💰💰💰
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 19:30

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 10 Jan 16:30

Private Eye were reporting on this in 2009!

So hardly new🤔💰💰💰

Computer weekly were reporting on it even earlier.
The problem is/was that nobody important picked it up.
Takes an ITV drama to bring it to the fore.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 19:36

And an election year!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 19:37

Ya rascal wee eck you beat me to it .. How caring are this government .. lets all vote for them

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 21:54

Scooter is going to pardon all those postmasters convicted up here. Though if the SNP promise on pardoning witches is anything to go by it’ll be a long wait...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 22:46

It`s a pity that the tories didn`t act on this years ago. It takes a public outcry after watching Will Mellor in a TV drama to embarrass the government into taking some action.

Maybe Netflix should start making some dramas about the billions stolen by the tories and their chums during the pandemic
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jan 09:23

Post Office investigators were offered cash bonuses for every sub-postmaster convicted during the Horizon scandal, it has emerged.

Alan Bates, the sub-postmaster who led the campaign for justice, joined a deluge of criticism over the practice on Wednesday, saying offering financial incentives for prosecutions was “appalling” as he highlighted the “horrendous” culture of the Post Office.

Investigators with the Post Office described the incentive scheme as “part of the business”, with everyone in the security team “on a bonus”.

Gary Thomas, who worked in the Post Office security team between 2000 and 2012, told the Post Office Horizon inquiry that the bonus targets affected how he went about his work. Mr Thomas branded all sub-postmasters “crooks” in emails concerning one victim who was posthumously cleared. The messages were handed to the inquiry, which resumes on Thursday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jan 10:47

After the event it`s hard to contemplate how something like this came about. It must have started from the very top but everyone would have to be complicit in it. The people who answered the phones when subpostmasters called with their queries about the Horizon system obviously knew they were lying when they told the callers no one else was reporting a problem. That was `gaslighting` on a massive scale. According to the ITV drama it was very difficult to get a `whistle-blower` to spill the beans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jan 16:55

A PO investigator has been giving evidence today to the Post Office Horizon IT inquiry. His stock answer when his behaviour towards subpostmasters is questioned is that he was acting on lawyers` advice.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jan 17:07

My wife said that the auditors/inspectors were like the gestapo walking in!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jan 17:23

He has denied everything he has allegedly said or done wee eck & LA

Ex-Post Office investigator Stephen Bradshaw has denied he and colleagues behaved like "Mafia gangsters" towards sub-postmasters.

Mr Bradshaw, who was involved in the criminal investigation of nine sub-postmasters, has been giving evidence to the Post Office public inquiry.
He was asked about claims that he accused a woman wrongly jailed over a supposed theft in 2011 of lying.

He said his language was used in the context of a "difficult interview".
Mr Bradshaw also said he had signed multiple statements, drafted by lawyers
Cartwright King for the Post Office, expressing "his confidence" in the IT system.

However, he told the inquiry he had heard reports of problems with the Horizon software from his contemporaries, but said he was not "technically minded".

Mr Bradshaw said: "That was one statement about the Horizon issue, that was approved, that had come from the business."

Responding to Mrs McDonald`s allegations of aggressive behaviour in his witness statement, Mr Bradshaw said: "I refute the allegation that I am a liar. I also refute the claim that Jacqueline McDonald was bullied."

The investigator added: "Jacqueline McDonald is also incorrect in stating Post Office investigators behaved like Mafia gangsters looking to collect their bounty with the threats and lies."

(But the Thomas statement would suggest otherwise to me .. they did what they could get away with .. bullying .. lying to collect the bonus payments .. B@stards)

Gary Thomas, who worked in the Post Office security team between 2000 and 2012, told the Post Office Horizon inquiry that the bonus targets affected how he went about his work. Mr Thomas branded all sub-postmasters “crooks” in emails concerning one victim who was posthumously cleared

Mr Bradshaw told the inquiry he still worked for the Post Office as a security manager.

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jan 17:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jan 15:02

So Peter Lilley rolled out Horizon system to 300 Post Offices in North East of England in 1995, several Postmasters charged due to the system not working.

Peter Lilley the same guy that failed to inform 3.5 million WASPI women that their SPA date was changing.

Peter Lilley`s company that lost 1 million Brexit votes.

Peter Lilley that brought in the American Company Idox into the DWP to carry out assessments.

Seems to be a pattern here?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jan 18:17

It gathering momentum :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67941495

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jan 09:22

How many will go to gaol ? :-

The Post Office may have underpaid more than £100m in tax while overpaying its senior executives, according to tax experts.

Dan Neidle of Tax Policy Associates says the Post Office paid less tax by deducting payments to victims of the Horizon scandal from its profits.
This could count as a possible breach of tax law

While the Post Office appears to have deducted compensation provisions from their taxable profits, it apparently ignored them when it came to calculating executive pay.

The largest determinant of bosses` pay is a measure the Post Office calls "trading profit", which excludes the money set aside to compensate scandal victims, thereby increasing the pay of executives.

Chief executive Nick Read received a salary of £436,000 in the year ended 2022, plus a bonus of £137,000, as the Post Office was deemed to have recorded an above target trading profit if compensation provisions were ignored.

Mr Neidle said: "Bonuses have been paid to the executive team based on an apparent level of profitability which does not exist. If a public company missed an obvious tax point that made the business insolvent the shareholders would be demanding the CFO and CEOs head on a platter".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jan 10:17

I wonder if the Royal Mail will carry out their threat of going into administration that they were talking about last year

They are losing a fortune daily but still pay the big bonuses to the bosses
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jan 11:05

The Royal Mail are awful since privatisation. I`m convinced they`re waiting until there`s a good few letters before bothering to deliver. I`m still waiting on a package that was due last Monday. I wouldn`t buy from anyone using Royal Mail. They`re terrible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 13 Jan 12:40

Well the Royal Mail and the Post Office aren`t the same so we`ve kinda got sidetracked here.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jan 14:01

How Pathetic is this :-

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8reh22

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 14 Jan 17:41

Quote:

jake89, Sat 13 Jan 11:05

The Royal Mail are awful since privatisation. I`m convinced they`re waiting until there`s a good few letters before bothering to deliver. I`m still waiting on a package that was due last Monday. I wouldn`t buy from anyone using Royal Mail. They`re terrible.

In terms of mail, they can go 2/3 days without doing a round if they need to.

In terms of parcels though, generally they all go out every day - as thats what makes them money now!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Jan 20:38

Well they`re a week late with a package for me. Suspect it`s lost. Refund on Tuesday if it doesn`t turn up. They were also awful last year when I used them to do a return.

Appreciate they are separate to the Post Office.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Jan 20:58

jake .. I hope you get your parcel .. maybe the senders fault ?

After being made redundant I managed to get a job as a Postie at my local sorting office .. I was gobsmacked at how hard working and proud of their rounds these guys were .. once I got my own round I understood why

I was trusted with keys and codes to allow access to places where I could leave parcels etc. I was also the un-elected neighbourhood watch .. People valued me as an important part of their normal existence

This was all pre privatisation and it was manageable within the hours allocated .. In fact the younger guys could nearly always finish before their time
I am still friendly with the few who were working with me .. many have left and the turnover is huge

The working conditions and demands are now hardly do-able.. parcels on the increase year on year .. staff absence and shortages not covered

So the poor Postie has to deliver his own duty plus a part of the missing duty .. Management reduced to 1 per 2 offices .. trying to force Sunday working

The sad thing for me was the publics perception was to see the Postie wander about with a sack of letters

They never saw the preparation required to make that happen .. and the dedication to their customers .. just saying

Post Edited (Sun 14 Jan 21:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 07:38

I had a “post” retirement part time job in the Vic hospital along with a few others including a retired postie.
One wintry day he regaled us of the time he battled through foot deep snow to get his delivery done, and was of course delayed. On approaching a block of flats a window was flung open and a furious red faced punter yelled “Where the eff have you been with ma effing giro? I’ll no get my bet on noo!”
I wonder if he ever did get a job to retire from...

Post Edited (Mon 15 Jan 07:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 07:51

We`ve got a great couple of posties. Always smiling despite delivering through rubbish weather. Absolutely no blame on them when things get lost or deliveries are delayed. I don`t know the ins and outs of the RM but there`s been a definite decline. I`m sure this is partly due to a reduction in people sending letters and therefore it being less economic. The future for RM is probably in package delivery, but that appears to be primarily done by any person with a car/van rather than an experienced postie.

The post office has declined too. Gone are the days of largeish buildings in the middle of towns. Now they`re just counters in a Premier, Nisa or WH Smith. I suppose they`re also hit with the decline in people sending letters and will rely on parcels and passports.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 08:32

I retired at the right time jake Its not a happy place to work anymore

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jan 12:22

Sticking with the postie theme...article in the Hootsman today about a.Cupar postie who took hundreds of photos of local life/ weather/ events..everything from the first local military funeral to an elephant..on his rounds from the 1890’s to the 1940’s. These slides have now been preserved as digital images and will go on display by OnFife
A long working day, 18 miles, 4 rounds 6am - 9pm. He retired as Supervising Postman in 1935. The exercise of long walks and later on a bike must done him good , he died in 1976 aged 102.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 15:06

Looking like the Government knew more than they are letting on regarding the postal scandal :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68079300

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:40

Staggering. I really hope some people get jail time

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 27 Jan 17:40)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net