DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grangemouth
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 08:52

So as Scotland`s only oil refinery is set to close, Ratcliffe is going to build the biggest petrochemical plant in Europe in Antwerp, Westminster giving a £600million guarantee.

Glad he`s doing something with all that money he has saved in tax by moving to Monaco apart from his investment in Manchester United.

Wait till Forth freeport starts up, then he`ll be back like a shot!🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grangemouth
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 09:04

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 1 Mar 07:24

Bottom line for me is that I want to be able to continue to support the team I have followed since 1963. The memory of 2013 is still vivid - I remember feeling sick to the bottom of my stomach at Starks Park, as we watched what was expected to be the Pars last ever game and I don`t want to experience that horrible feeling ever again.

I believe our investors are not short of a £ or two, but they didn`t become wealthy by throwing away good money year after year, so I`m sure they won`t be happy to have lost over £1m last season. If we were to post a similar loss for this season, they may decide they`ve had enough and walk away and then what?

Aye but we are Better Together and better out of the EU mind!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 14:20

Forgive my ignorance, but why is the UK government giving a Monaco resident £600m for a building in Belgium???
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 14:23

Because he`s a Tory donor!🤔💰💰💰💰
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 15:11

But what excuse/reason are they offering? It doesn`t appear to benefit the UK unless it`s a case of essentially transferring UK pollution to Belgium.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 15:19

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 1 Mar 08:52

So as Scotland`s only oil refinery is set to close, Ratcliffe is going to build the biggest petrochemical plant in Europe in Antwerp, Westminster giving a £600million guarantee.

Glad he`s doing something with all that money he has saved in tax by moving to Monaco apart from his investment in Manchester United.

Wait till Forth freeport starts up, then he`ll be back like a shot!🤬🤬🤬

Allegedly if your in a freeport zone there`s limited restrictions on business, might just open the doors to fracking ?

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2024/03/01/the-freeport-ruse-exposed-2/#respond

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2024/03/01/salvo-acts-on-freeports/#respond

Post Edited (Fri 01 Mar 15:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 16:02

Ratcliffe was a great supporter of fracking, Fife would be prime land!

Any petrochemical workers on this site?

Hounds Point would be redundant.

Are there not pipelines from Edinburgh Airport and Mossmoran to Grangemouth?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 16:33

No, but seriously, I don`t get this. The UK taxpayer is gifting £600m to a "British" business whose owner is based abroad to avoid paying tax in the UK to build a massive plastic making factory in another country with no British jobs being created as a result, and at a time when we are trying to REDUCE plastic use and encourage more plastic recycling?

Where is the benefit to the UK? This sounds an awful lot like we`re giving more money to a rich old man who doesn`t need it.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 17:24

https://open.substack.com/pub/dearscotland/p/elino-one-cheek-of-the-same-backside?r=hzhx5&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 17:33

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Sums it up!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 18:20

This is one serious feked up Country

The new government will need years to fix (if it can be fixed) from the gross missmanagement by the worst government in my lifetime

There is still the budget to come and the Tory`s will make sure the rich are rewarded at the poors expense yet again

They will make it almost immposible for a Labour government to undo the damage

I despise All the Tory Scum . just saying

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 09:10

Well they posted a £100 million in profits, strange that they want to close it!🤔💩
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 09:14

Because it needs £101m in repairs. If it were truly making £100m and could do for the foreseeable then the Scottish Government would nationalise it.

What makes no sense to me is the money sent to Belgium!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 13:34

Under 80 million to refurbish apparently.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 13:50

The only energy rich country without a refinery...even England`s got one and they have a fraction of oil which we have...odd that.
Och never mind the nuSNP and Greens will ensure we`ll not be producing oil after 2030.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 13:57

England has more than one.

£80m to refurb isn`t insignificant.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net