DAFC.net
Home 05 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Election Results
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 22:45

Interesting exit poll, and it`s been very accurate the last few times. It`ll be interesting to see if it`s as accurate in Scotland, where it`s probably a bit more volatile.

If you`re waiting on results from Fife, I`d go to bed. What an absolute shitshow that was - too many changes to the system in one go and totally understaffed in terms of support. More issues with postal votes than last few times. There will inevitably have been more errors than normal and I`d expect that makes it likely it`ll take longer to resolve at the count and later declaration of results. Maybe I`m wrong, we`ll see.

What I will say is that any coucil decalring before midnight is at it. I find it quite disgraceful that it can be rushed to win some stupid contest against other areas.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Election Results
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 22:52

Pretty interesting beyond the big Labour majority which I think everyone expected.

It`s going to be fun watching the Tories lose their seats, Reform look like they are in for a good night along with the Lib Dems who will be back to "Nick Clegg" levels. Bad night ahead for the SNP it seems. who could fall to single digits.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 22:55

If there are still Tory seats in Scotland then someone really needs to do an investigation into possible cases of inbreeding in those areas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 23:16

Quote:

jake89, Thu 4 Jul 22:55

If there are still Tory seats in Scotland then someone really needs to do an investigation into possible cases of inbreeding in those areas.

There was one exit poll claiming the Tories will return 13 seats in Scotland…..and the SNP 10…..if that happens I may look to move my family - to Samoa
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 23:24

A sobering night ahead for the SNP and indeed the other independence minded party. And that`s with the Swinney bounce post Yousaf. Melt down will be incoming before the Holyrood elections.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 23:43

First result declared at 2313 and stories of a ballot box in Blyth taking 30 seconds to deliver. What a load of utter nonsense. I don`t even know how it`s posible to deliver a box so soon after close of poll given the paperwork that needs to be completed at that time. Given how long it can take to resolve any errors or discrepancies in ballot accounts, it feels like contempt for democracy when we see these silly wee contests. Even when a big majority is expected, care should still be taken to make the result as accurate as possible.

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 23:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 23:56

A word of caution from Sir John Curtice -

`The exit poll only has a small number of sampling points in Scotland. If the poll has even slightly overestimated Labour’s advantage over the SNP, the latter’s tally could end up being higher.

The forecast for the SNP - and for Scotland in general, where the exit poll is pointing to substantial Labour gains - must thus be treated with a great deal of caution.`

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 00:00

Maybe I misread the earlier poll. I thought it was saying that the SNP would be down to ten seats. I think I misunderstood and they are only going to lose ten seats? If they only lose ten seats then that`s a decent outcome for them.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 00:02

Nope my first impression was correct. They are going to lose 38 seats and Alba will lose their only two. A crushing defeat if that`s the case.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 01:33

No you didn’t misread the poll- what was being pointed out is that it comes with a health warning
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 04:15

Labour winning seats from snp.

Tories getting routed. Shapps and Chalk lose seats

Sunak will probably resign by Monday

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 05:26

SNP have been given an absolute do in tonight - Tenruh, Parboiled and Tad will be dancing in their dreams currently.

Independence is dead in the water, Scottish Government will most likely follow suit in 2 years time. Time to get rid of it and just take our orders from London again…….well except me, Im off to Samoa 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 05:39

Labour win Dunfermline & Dollar

Labour = 20,336 (47.7%)
SNP = 12,095 (27.2%)
Conservative = 3,297 (7.4%)
Lib Dem = 3181 (7.1%)
Reform UK 2,887 (6.5%)
Green = 2,078 (4.7%)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 05:42

How 3k people have voted Reform is staggering!

Good news that Dross has lost his seat though - his gamble failed drastically!

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 06:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 07:21

Pleasing to see George Galloway punted after only being elected four months ago.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 07:34

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 5 Jul 05:26

SNP have been given an absolute do in tonight - Tenruh, Parboiled and Tad will be dancing in their dreams currently.

Independence is dead in the water, Scottish Government will most likely follow suit in 2 years time. Time to get rid of it and just take our orders from London again…….well except me, Im off to Samoa 😂

It doesn`t really change who still supports Independence.

The electoral wanted a different UK government this time around. Voting SNP wasn`t going to kick the tories out of Westminster.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 08:00

Although it`s a great result for Labour, it`s a very risky one for Scottish Labour. MSPs like Pam Duncan-Glancy have been very vocal about cuts in Scotland. If Labour continue austerity like has been suggested, it gives SNP MSPs ammo to go after Labour in Scotland. Basically, they`ve promised "Change" and they`ve got 18 months in Scotland to prove they`re up to it.

Fantastic to see Douglas Ross lose his seat. There has to be a link between fornicating with farm animals and voting Tory though. The people of the Borders and Aberdeenshire need to hang their heads in shame.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 08:02

And the icing on the cake is Liz Truss losing her seat
What an arrogant, useless and dangerous woman

She showed no class at all, having to be encouraged into the stage to hear the result

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I’m delighted she has gone

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 08:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 09:55

Jake that would be a very dangerous strategy for the SNP to deploy at the Holyrood elections. By then they`ll have been in power for nineteen years and if they try to blame the Westminster Labour government for the state of the devolved public services then I think that will actually anger the the electorate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 10:49

Turnout over the UK was down from 67.6% to 60%. Labour got 33.7% of the vote so that`s 20.2% of the electorate. That was enough for them to win 63.5% of the seats. It`s hard to make sense of that.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the relationship between Westminster and Holyrood. If there is better co-operation which is reflected in improved government for Scotland who will get the credit for this - Labour or the SNP?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 10:59

Always been that sort of thing with fptp voting though Wee Eck. Mind in 2015 when the SNP actually did really well to get 50% of the vote from a turnout of 71% yet were still rewarded with a disproportionate number of seats. 56 out of 59.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 11:11

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 5 Jul 09:55

Jake that would be a very dangerous strategy for the SNP to deploy at the Holyrood elections. By then they`ll have been in power for nineteen years and if they try to blame the Westminster Labour government for the state of the devolved public services then I think that will actually anger the the electorate.

Don`t worry, I`m not the SNP campaign manager.

I`d expect Labour to throw money at Scotland to win favour at the Scottish election in 2026. The difficult part will be that Scottish Labour and UK Labour don`t always sing from the same hymn sheet and Scottish Labour can`t point the finger at Westminster decisions whilst the SNP can. However, there are so many variables at play. Being brutally honest, I think most of the public don`t know the difference between the Scottish Parliament and UK in terms of which matters sit where.

To give an example, UK Labour and Welsh Labour support the development of a National Care Service in England and Wales. The Scottish government have been working on this for 2-3 years now but Scottish Labour attempted to vote the bill down. Does their stance change, or do they stick to their guns and ultimately tell the people of Scotland it's a good idea elsewhere but not in Scotland?

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 11:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 11:30

You`re right about voters` confusion. jake. There was a guy on the radio this morning (from Dunfermline!) saying the SG should concentrate on matters which would improve people`s lives in Scotland like building more wind farms or controlling the price of utilities for consumers. Someone phoned in later to point out that both of these were reserved matters outside the control of the SG.

TOWK, I`m quite aware that the vagaries of the FPTP voting system can benefit or hinder all parties. I was just pointing out that the results it produces aren`t necessarily indicative of the supreme endorsement the media like to portray.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 11:41

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 5 Jul 11:30

You`re right about voters` confusion. jake. There was a guy on the radio this morning (from Dunfermline!) saying the SG should concentrate on matters which would improve people`s lives in Scotland like building more wind farms or controlling the price of utilities for consumers. Someone phoned in later to point out that both of these were reserved matters outside the control of the SG.

TOWK, I`m quite aware that the vagaries of the FPTP voting system can benefit or hinder all parties. I was just pointing out that the results it produces aren`t necessarily indicative of the supreme endorsement the media like to portray.

There`s a definite failure to understand that UK seats make little difference for Scotland in reality. Never enough to be legitimate opposition and most things that matter most to people are devolved. Of course, it works both ways. As far as many of the public are concerned, Scotland is now run by Labour so all the successes/failures are down to them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 12:38

I`m not sure about your last sentence, jake. Yesterday the SNP was punished in a UK election because most voters see Scotland as being run by them, not the Tories, although Scots had the opportunity to give both governments a kicking.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 12:55

What I mean is that the people who think Labour now run Scotland will presumably blame them for a lack of change in Scotland rather than the SNP, despite the main matters being controlled by an SNP led administration in Holyrood. That`s obviously problematic for the SNP if they do an amazing job and get no credit!

Labours vote shares hasn`t increased significantly despite the massive gain in seats. They`re going to have to start evidencing "change" quickly or I can see Reform becoming a much bigger force, particularly in England. 4m votes for Reform isn`t insignificant and the concern will be Labour begin adopting some Reform policies (not that Reform really have any).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 13:29

Noticeable that Starmer lost 10K in votes in his constituency.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 13:55

Labour won by default.

Keir Starmer`s Labour got 9,686,329 votes less than the 10,269,051 Jeremy Corbyn`s Labour got last time round.

Woeful Tories an insurgent Reform and low turnout have seen Labour sweep to victory with a landslide.

Rough numbers under a PR system would look like the following.

Labour = 241

Conservative = 163

Reform = 94

Lib Dem = 83

Green = 44

SNP = 18

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 14:09

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Fri 5 Jul 13:55

Labour won by default.

Keir Starmer`s Labour got 9,686,329 votes less than the 10,269,051 Jeremy Corbyn`s Labour got last time round.

Woeful Tories an insurgent Reform and low turnout have seen Labour sweep to victory with a landslide.

Rough numbers under a PR system would look like the following.

Labour = 241

Conservative = 163

Reform = 94

Lib Dem = 83

Green = 44

SNP = 18

Right wing tears are the most delicious
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 14:14

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 5 Jul 08:02

And the icing on the cake is Liz Truss losing her seat
What an arrogant, useless and dangerous woman

She showed no class at all, having to be encouraged into the stage to hear the result

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I’m delighted she has gone

Almost as bad is Nadine Dorries, C4 had her on as part of their coverage and she spent most of what I saw saying the Tories lost because they got rid of Boris Johnson, how awful the rest of the Tory party. And trying to play down the massive swing to Labour.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 14:54

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 5 Jul 10:49

Turnout over the UK was down from 67.6% to 60%. Labour got 33.7% of the vote so that`s 20.2% of the electorate. That was enough for them to win 63.5% of the seats. It`s hard to make sense of that.

It’s about time voting was made mandatory, like it is in many countries.
Also, this FPTP needs to go in the bin.
Sure, it creates majority governments, but it’s nowhere near being representative of the country.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 15:10

Unfortunately turkeys won`t vote for Christmas. Turnout has gradually eroded over the years. It used to be normal to get 70%+.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 15:19

Quote:

Topic Originator: Mr Mac
Date: Fri 5 Jul 14:14

Almost as bad is Nadine Dorries, C4 had her on as part of their coverage and she spent most of what I saw saying the Tories lost because they got rid of Boris Johnson, how awful the rest of the Tory party. And trying to play down the massive swing to Labour.

But that`s just it, there was not a massive swing to Labour. Sure the TV companies have their swingometers showing "Swings to labour", but it is not people moving from the Tories to Labour, it is people moving from the Tories to Reform, aided by tactical voting with the Labour vote being held up by people moving from the Lib Dems.

Look at the Labour totals in individual constituencies, even accounting for the lower turnout they have not went up massively.

Starmer got almost 600,000 less than Corbyn did in 2019 and 3.1 Million less than Corbyn did in 2017.

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 15:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 15:34

Ministerial posts .being handed out now

I suppose Larry the cat will retain the Chief Mouser role. Is this the 5th or 6th PM he has served?

Not bad seeing he only got the job by a whiska…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 15:50

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Fri 5 Jul 15:19

Quote:

Date: Fri 5 Jul 14:14

But that`s just it, there was not a massive swing to Labour. Sure the TV companies have their swingometers showing "Swings to labour", but it is not people moving from the Tories to Labour, it is people moving from the Tories to Reform, aided by tactical voting with the Labour vote being held up by people moving from the Lib Dems.

Look at the Labour totals in individual constituencies, even accounting for the lower turnout they have not went up massively.

Starmer got almost 600,000 less than Corbyn did in 2019 and 3.1 Million less than Corbyn did in 2017.

In number of seats it`s a huge "swing", was also mentioned that Reform effectively got 1 million votes per seat which highlights how many Tory votes have gone that way

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 16:10

David Lammy Foreign Sec..OMG dinnae let him loose abroad, he thinks Marie Antoinette won the 1903 Nobel prize for Physics

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 17:40

Quote:

Date: Fri 5 Jul 15:50

In number of seats it`s a huge "swing"

Yes but you were criticising Nadine Dorries talking about the swing and in psephology swing does not mean the number of seats.

Quote:

was also mentioned that Reform effectively got 1 million votes per seat which highlights how many Tory votes have gone that way.

Yes, I said that in my post, which further highlights how this was not a massive swing to Labour from the Tories.

It was a large swing to Labour from the SNP however.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 17:52

An interesting point. Traditionally the left leaning vote was split amongst several parties. Now Reform are causing a split in the right wing vote. Could be interesting days to come
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 17:54

Labour aren`t exactly left anymore though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 17:55

Glad that we do use FPTP to be honest, it means that each constituency is controlled by the party they actually voted for.

Imagine if Fife had voted in the majority for Labour/Lib Dem but had been given 2x Reform candidates because they got 93 seats in the UK…….no thanks
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 18:50

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 5 Jul 17:55

Glad that we do use FPTP to be honest, it means that each constituency is controlled by the party they actually voted for.

Imagine if Fife had voted in the majority for Labour/Lib Dem but had been given 2x Reform candidates because they got 93 seats in the UK…….no thanks

But equally 4 million people voted Reform and got a handful of seats whilst the same number got Lib Dems 70+ so there`s a massive flaw in FPTP. Whilst I`m pleased we don`t have any of those Reform nutters, I imagine this might fire them up for the next election.

What will happen to Alba now? No MPs and like no MSPs in 18 months. What will they do? It would be good to see them become what Alex Salmond hoped they would be but the likelihood is they`d do what Reform have done to the Tories and split their vote.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 18:59

Quote:

jake89, Fri 5 Jul 18:50

Quote:

But equally 4 million people voted Reform and got a handful of seats whilst the same number got Lib Dems 70 so there`s a massive flaw in FPTP. Whilst I`m pleased we don`t have any of those Reform nutters, I imagine this might fire them up for the next election.

What will happen to Alba now? No MPs and like no MSPs in 18 months. What will they do? It would be good to see them become what Alex Salmond hoped they would be but the likelihood is they`d do what Reform have done to the Tories and split their vote.

But again, if your votes had outnumbered any party in your constituency, and got lumped with someone else that didn’t get the votes but got the seat because Joe Bloggs in Swansea voted for them, how is that fair?

Alba are finished now I think, not even getting close to a seat anywhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 20:11

Quote:

jake89, Fri 5 Jul 18:50

Quote:

But equally 4 million people voted Reform and got a handful of seats whilst the same number got Lib Dems 70 so there`s a massive flaw in FPTP. Whilst I`m pleased we don`t have any of those Reform nutters, I imagine this might fire them up for the next election.

It’s not a massive flaw at all. It’s all about percentages of constituency votes and it’s fair.
Imagine Reform got 1 million votes in London (population 6.5 million)
Do they deserve then 20 seats when people are voting in areas they live in have say 15000 people?

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 23:00

We can`t do it, but it would be interesting to see how STV would work at English elections. It`s obviously been odd in Scotland of late as STV should prevent single parties being in power but that hasn`t been the case at the past two elections (not counting the Greens as a coalition). The next election will likely see Labour as the main party getting into bed with the Lib Dems rather than SNP. Thoroughly depressing given the vile characters in the Scottish Lib Dems.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 23:34

Holyrood doesn`t use STV, it uses the AMS.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 23:38

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Fri 5 Jul 23:34

Either way, it`s a far superior system imo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 04:21

Quote:

Andrew283, Fri 5 Jul 23:38

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Fri 5 Jul 23:34

Either way, it`s a far superior system imo

Is it though? Holyrood also allows list candidates to be given seats that they haven’t won…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 06:57

Many forms of PR allow multiple members to represent an area, giving each area better representation for the variety of views held by its constituents.

Under FPTP most constituencies can be won with around 30% of the vote, that`s 70% of the voters whose views are unrepresented.

The enemy travels by private jet, not by dinghy.

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jul 06:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 08:07

All those years when SNP benches at Westminster heaved with MPs yet every constituency had a majority of anti Indy votes...where was all the enthusiasm for PR then!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 08:30

Quote:

Topic Originator: Parboiled
Date: Sat 6 Jul 08:07

All those years when SNP benches at Westminster heaved with MPs yet every constituency had a majority of anti Indy votes...where was all the enthusiasm for PR then!

To be fair to the SNP and Elsie McSelfie, they have always been in favour of PR even when they benefited from FPTP.

The SNP would vote to introduce proportional representation for Westminster elections, Nicola Surgeon has confirmed.

The Scottish First Minister said that she supported electoral reform despite her party being set to do very well out of the current system.

“I support PR in principle, it’s in our manifesto, and the SNP would vote for it.”

Successive polls have shown the SNP set to secure over 50% of the vote in Scotland but some projections have seen the party set to take 100% of the country’s seats because of Westminster’s First Past the Post voting system.

Under a proportional system the SNP would likely see their number of MPs cut in half and more accurately reflect the votes cast north of the border.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-snp-would-vote-to-introduce-proportional-representation-at-westminster-nicola-sturgeon-confirms-10223302.html

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 22:13

Going back to the original post, what happens at a count?

Ballot-boxes are delivered.
Votes are “verified”. I assume this means that you check to see that the number of ballot-papers that come out of the boxes equals the number that go in.
Ballot papers are sorted into piles by each sorter – one for each candidate.
Each pile is bundled up into 25s, and then 500s?
The number for each candidate is totalled.
Spoilt papers are adjudicated – are they valid votes, or not and either allocated to a candidate, or separately totalled.
It is checked that the total number of votes (including spoilt papers) matches the number verified.
Candidates are told, the declaration is made

How accurate do the verification and checking procedures have to be? Is the verification done box by box? Is it up to the Returning Officer’s discretion? It makes little sense to worry about a couple of missing votes if it makes no practical difference to anyone, but if it’s a few hundred then it might make a difference to the result, or to someone saving their deposit.

So presumably the time-taken is a function of:

The size of the constituency
The turn-out
The number of counters
The ability and freshness of the counters
The number of candidates
The closeness or otherwise of the contest.

I remember it used to be the case that the Western Isles (as of old) was a “next afternoon” declaration as it was hard to get votes from the islands to Stornoway, then one year everyone was surprised when it was one of the first seats to declare as they had used helicopters to fly in the boxes and they only had 15,000 or so votes to count.

It used to puzzle me why the Edinburgh seats were so slow to declare, as it seemed that the capital has reasonable transport infrastructure and it shouldn’t take long to get the boxes to Ingliston.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jul 18:25

I`m not sure of the detail as to what happens at the count as I`ve never been there. However, I`ve worked in a polling station the last few times and at the training session they usually mention how something going wrong in polling stations or errors in ballot paper accounts can lead to long delays at the count.

So, I don`t think it`s the counting itself that is the issue, but more what you`ve listed as verification when boxes arrive. All kinds of annoying things can happen, and there are always errors and issues. Despite telling people which box to put their marked paper into, someone always wanders over to the wrong box. I had one instance this time where we didn`t notice until it was too late and it actually went in the wrong box, so we had a discrepancy. It generally happens in busy spells when you can`t keep an eye on everything going on.

Sometimes the number list gets out of sync - it`s never happened to me as I`m absolutely paranoid about it, but it does happen. And if it does, it needs some working out what`s happened and where it might have gone out. And sometimes the ballot paper account is not completed correctly at the end of the day. Again, it takes staff at the count time to work out what has actually gone on, given that the person who completed the paperwork is not available.

I`m only guessing here, but I assume that any incorrect ballot accounts do need a thorough check so that everyone can be satisfied that it`s a simple error at the end of a long day when you feel rushed to get it completed, rather than any attempt at fraud.

I really don`t know why we persist with counting through the night. It would make more sense to start fresh the next day with people who are awake at their normal time. I think this was recommended by a review a few years ago, but parties preferred to have the results quickly so it never happened. I don`t think we lost anything in 2021 when counting was done over 2 days.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 00:47

Presumably, closing the counting booths for the night would trigger the conspiracy theorists and open up many avenues to challenge the vote?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 10:35

Anyone with half a brain knows the 2014 Indy ref vote was rigged...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 11:59

It was rigged by the media, not by those involved in running the ballot stations and counting the votes. I can tell you that for sure.

I`m more interested in these mysterious Reform candidates who don`t seem to exist. I queried the one for Dunfermline and it appears this is the case elsewhere in Scotland too. In some cases it appears the person may not exist at all, others they are people based down south and others they appear to be AI!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 13:15

I`ve not heard the full story behind this myself, but this sounds very worrying from the snippets I have heard. Surely all candidates put up by all parties are independently verified to ensure they actually exist
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 13:56

Quote:

jake89, Tue 9 Jul 11:59

…others they are people based down south and others they appear to be AI!

AI?

Surely you mean AS?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 14:10

Little from column A, little from column B.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 14:11

Quote:

jake89, Tue 9 Jul 11:59

It was rigged by the media, not by those involved in running the ballot stations and counting the votes. I can tell you that for sure.

I`m more interested in these mysterious Reform candidates who don`t seem to exist. I queried the one for Dunfermline and it appears this is the case elsewhere in Scotland too. In some cases it appears the person may not exist at all, others they are people based down south and others they appear to be AI!

If that candidate does turn out to be an Ai generated random then Reform could be in a world of trouble
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 20:21

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 9 Jul 14:11

If that candidate does turn out to be an Ai generated random then Reform could be in a world of trouble

Artificial, maybe.
I was more querying the ‘Intelligence’ part of a Reform candidate.

Artificial Stupidity might be closer

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 21:42

They reckon numbers of "doubtful " candidates might be as high as 75!😲
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 22:07

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 9 Jul 21:42

They reckon numbers of "doubtful " candidates might be as high as 75!😲

Surely the candidates must exist. They got quite a lot of votes, those racists that voted for them might have voted for the other party for racists, the Tories. Those votes could have made a big difference in some seats. If these candidates didn`t exist, surely all Reform MPs should be booted out and the election needs to be re-run properly without that party
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 22:34

And 400,000 voters turned away because of ID issues!🤬🤬🤬

Wonder how many postal votes never arrived on time?

Post Edited (Tue 09 Jul 22:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 10:49

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/08/reform-uk-under-pressure-to-prove-all-its-candidates-were-real-people
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 10:56

https://bylinetimes.com/2024/07/09/if-it-looks-like-the-law-was-broken-police-investigations-must-follow-elections-watchdog-receives-flood-of-complaints-over-phantom-reform-party-candidates/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 14:32

Reform fake candidates conspiracy theories debunked according to the BBC.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 21:53

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Thu 11 Jul 14:32

Reform fake candidates conspiracy theories debunked according to the BBC.

1 has been debunked…….anyone found any info on Dunfermline and Dollars candidate yet?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 22:09

Udo is based in England, London if I`m not mistaken. Bizarrely, he set up various social media accounts days before the vote claiming to be in Cowdenbeath.

2000 people voted for someone they had never even seen or heard of.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 22:21

There was one in England that was proposed by someone who had been dead for 2 years!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net