DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Greta Thunberg
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 01:39

Anyone else more than a wee bit concerned about the exposure young Greta Thunberg has been getting?

It is difficult to watch footage of her address to the UN without getting a sense of deep discomfort - not about the topic of her discussion, but about the girl's behaviour and possible state of mental health.

I know that Greta has Aspergers and that it can lead to obsessive behaviour, but that needn't be a handicap. Many with the symptoms go on to live perfectly fulfilling lives. I employed a lad with Aspergers some years ago and never for a minute regretted it. Once I got familiar with his idiosyncrasies, I got a great work colleague and over time an incredibly loyal friend.

I can't help but think that this child needs to be given a break from all this publicity, to have her exposure reduced to the negative and angst-ridden doom merchants of the climate debate. She needs to be given a chance to focus on something more emotionally positive in her life.

It is just so sad to see a child so needlessly filled with anxiety and fear.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Greta Thunberg
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 07:06

Excellent post Oz and I completely agree.

The adults around her, particularly her parents, should be utterly shamed. It's bordering on child abuse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 07:18

It’s because she’s apparently had her childhood stolen. STOLEN!!!🙄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 09:00

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 10:05

My heart goes out to her.

Yes she seems vulnerable. People start demanding that she live a perfect eco-ethical life. They start picking on her because she uses a plastic cup or the crew of her cross-Atlantic yacht fly home.

We've got to see the person - a young girl, capable, with a mind of her own, imagination and determination to do something. We've got to appreciate what she is TRYING - yes trying to do. Got to appreciate she can't live a perfect life.

I don't go for the 'puppet' idea. What she's doing is heartfelt, her passion is genuine and it's her own I believe (unless someone can provide evidence to the contrary?)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 10:16

BTW, I reckon I could've stayed off school at least half the time I was there and my education wouldn't have suffered.

Why don't schools make these demos part of the school work, like a school day trip? A day out at a demo. It's got to be a stimulating, constructive, real life thing to do for most young folk. Make it a school project. Write it up etc.

Post Edited (Thu 26 Sep 10:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 10:31

She has lit the fire and promoted climate change as a major political issue.

Now she should step back and try and revert to a normal childhood.

On a tangent - if they held these protests on weekends, how many schoolkids would feel the urge to attend ?

Post Edited (Thu 26 Sep 10:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 10:49

I think a lot would attend VEE, maybe even more. I still think it'd make an exceptionally good school project.

On your other point, some kids are more grown up than we think.

Only time will tell if. one day she might say she wished she'd had more fun. That's the main thing isn't it for a sixteen year old? They don't think of themselves as children, they feel like young adults.

Boyfriends/girlfriends, gigs, dance halls, exciting days out with pals etc.

She's had her childhood. She's into young adulthood. I imagine she gets quite a kick out of addressing the world on stage and TV. I hope she's got a few really good friends she has lots of fun with as well.

Post Edited (Thu 26 Sep 10:52)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 15:10

There’s a religious aspect to the Eco movement so it seems to me that Greta Thunberg fills the role of female martyr, just as the Virgin Mary and Joan of Arc have done before her. I share the disquiet voiced on this site that she is being used by powerful political forces as a ‘front’ for their own ambitions. Speaking at the UN is not a job for enthusiastic amateurs and she is merely being indulged.

Then again, she is old enough to have formed her own opinions and has exposed the hypocrisy we hear from politicians about how young people today are more interested in fashion and facebook instead of becoming engaged with politics: the minute someone does, she is told to go back to school and be ‘normal!’

That 'death stare' photo of her eyeing up Donald Trump was a classic though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 15:28

not a child off the street by any mannor, a very "entitled child" with rich parents who have clearly brainwashed her

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 17:18

Attack the person - not the cause. Why am I not surprised by some of the above comments. She also very clearly said that she’s “one of the lucky ones” in reference to the “well to do childhood and her upbringing”.

How about you read her own words about her abilities, and not those you’ve formed in your assumptions.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218473615805406&id=1044920270

She’s making headlines and putting scientific facts out there for ALL to see. Good on her.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 17:37

Ref: Playup_Pompey
Date: Thu 26 Sep 15:28

<<< a very "entitled child" with rich parents who have clearly brainwashed her >>>

a) 'a very "entitled child" with rich parents'

Since when was not being rich a prerequisite for being right about anything?

b) 'parents who have clearly brainwashed her'

Any evidence for this?

Post Edited (Thu 26 Sep 17:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 17:44

Ref: buffy
Date: Thu 26 Sep 17:18

Thanks for the link Buffy. Boy it's refreshing to read her own words instead of some of the poison that passes for worthwhile comment.

"Many people love to spread rumors saying that I have people ”behind me” or that I’m being ”paid” or ”used” to do what I’m doing. But there is no one ”behind” me except for myself. My parents were as far from climate activists as possible before I made them aware of the situation.
I am not part of any organization. I sometimes support and cooperate with several NGOs that work with the climate and environment. But I am absolutely independent and I only represent myself. And I do what I do completely for free, I have not received any money or any promise of future payments in any form at all. And nor has anyone linked to me or my family done so." (Greta Thunberg)

Post Edited (Thu 26 Sep 17:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 17:51

Greta's words continued:

"My family has written a book together about our family and how me and my sister Beata have influenced my parents way of thinking and seeing the world, especially when it comes to the climate. And about our diagnoses"

"Before the book was released my parents made it clear that their possible profits from the book ”Scener ur hjärtat” will be going to 8 different charities working with environment, children with diagnoses and animal rights."

SHE HAS INFLUENCED HER PARENTS, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

READ THE LINK GIVEN BY BUFFY ABOVE. WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE? ONLY YOUR IGNORANCE AND PREJUDICES.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 17:58

HOLY MOLY!

I've just read to the end of the piece that Buffy hot-linked above.

Post Edited (Thu 26 Sep 18:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 19:41

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 20:11

Quote:

onandupthepars, Thu 26 Sep 17:37

Ref: Playup_Pompey
Date: Thu 26 Sep 15:28

<<< a very "entitled child" with rich parents who have clearly brainwashed her >>>

a) 'a very "entitled child" with rich parents'

Since when was not being rich a prerequisite for being right about anything?

b) 'parents who have clearly brainwashed her'

Any evidence for this?

The Daily Mail most likely.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 20:57

Usual ape-like old men don't like her because she talks sense. Science is on her side but these idiots stand around in their brown shoes, blue jeans and 2 sizes too small shirt combos pretending they're on Top Gear when really they're just average-Joe sadsacks with a wife, mortgage and 2.4 kids.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 21:15

You seem upset.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 22:14

#Ref: renegade master
Date: Thu 26 Sep 19:41

<<< So someone wrote a very articulate resume on her behalf, she posted it on Facebook so that is the truth!

I would feel rather amused if people who read things on Facebook and believed all of them to be true, I would like to think no-one could be that naive....could they? >>>

Who said anyone's believing EVERYTHING they read on Facebook? Boy you don't half come out with some dim-witted ideas.

I believe the statement referred to was written by Greta Thunberg because it rings true to me. Now if you've got any specific reasons for thinking otherwise, other than your vague general excessive scepticism, let's have it. What's your reason for even suspecting that someone else (implied)wrote the statement?
Because it's way better than anything you could do?

Post Edited (Thu 26 Sep 22:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Thu 26 Sep 22:26

After all the comments I think OZ’s opening statement still holds firm.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 00:04

Some of these comments... Jesus.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 01:04

Ref: Andrew283
Date: Fri 27 Sep 00:04

<<< Some of these comments... Jesus.>>>

What are you trying to say Andrew?

a) Some of these comments... are divine?

b) Some of these comments... Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.Spread the lurv!

c) Some of these comments... Jesus they're that excitin' I've wet masel'. (Well go'n get changed an' come back an' try again. See if ye can contain yersel'.)

Post Edited (Fri 27 Sep 01:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 08:20

https://extra.ie/2019/09/26/news/world-news/psychologist-concern-greta-thunbergs-mental-wellbeing

I wonder if this gentleman fits into Jake's "stand around in their brown shoes, blue jeans and 2 sizes too small shirt combos pretending they're on Top Gear when really they're just average-Joe sadsacks with a wife, mortgage and 2.4 kids." narrative ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 08:38

Her personal mental well being aside the message she is sending is more or less accurate.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jjonjord  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 09:33

Quote:

renegade master, Thu 26 Sep 19:41

So someone wrote a very articulate resume on her behalf, she posted it on Facebook so that is the truth!

I would feel rather amused if people who read things on Facebook and believed all of them to be true, I would like to think no-one could be that naive....could they?

Almost as naive as to think that [I]nothing[/I] written on Facebook could possibly be true?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 12:23

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Fri 27 Sep 08:20

https://extra.ie/2019/09/26/news/world-news/psychologist-concern-greta-thunbergs-mental-wellbeing

I wonder if this gentleman fits into Jake's "stand around in their brown shoes, blue jeans and 2 sizes too small shirt combos pretending they're on Top Gear when really they're just average-Joe sadsacks with a wife, mortgage and 2.4 kids." narrative ?

Apologies for describing your current attire. Not sure what a psychologist being concerned about her wellbeing has to do with sad old men berating her for being young and passionate about a serious issue. Think that's Dave got reruns of Top Gear on...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 12:33

On the contrary Jake(y).

You're the one who constantly comes across as a wee angry fella on these forums. You should maybe watch less "news" on Channel 4.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 12:45

Out of interest CDF what news sources do you use?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 13:09

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 27 Sep 12:45

Out of interest CDF what news sources do you use?

Wings over Scotland and the Guardian I think? 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 16:58

Daily Mail, clearly.

I suppose I could be angry on social media instead? Though you'd have to be a bit of a wrongun to be posting abusive messages to people on there. Eh, CDF 😆
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 17:32

A mate sent me this, apparently written by an Australian politican last week.

To all the school kids going on 'strike' for Climate Change:
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.
You spend all day and night on electronic devices.
More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Your entertainment comes from electric devices.
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this...
Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.
Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book.
Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'princesses', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 17:43

If that was written by Aussie politician then I'm the Pope!

The same story has done the rounds for years. There's another about an old woman going on a rant after being judged for using a plastic bag.

No-one is under any illusion about there being a great degree of hypocrisy but the simple facts are there and those in positions of power denying the facts aren't going to help matters.

Look at something as simple as town planning. Why are the Scottish Government (and others) still signing off the building of new estates with little to no public transport, for example? Why are they still designing towns around the motor car?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 17:43

Australian politicians tend to be of a lower calibre than ours and that's some achievement. It reads like the Daily Mail rants you get about the youth of today spending all their money on avocados.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scottn4312  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 18:07

People dont get so arsey about young pop stars who achieve fame arguably beyond that of Greta. It's rather telling the subject matter seems to rile certain groups and individuals..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 18:07

It was an open letter filled with holes.

1. When did the children demand air con?
2. How do the children drive to school?
3. Who created an environment whereby it's less safe to cycle than ever before?
4. Electronic books use far less to produce than printed books and can be updated at the touch of a button.
5. Children are encouraging more immigration?
6. It's the children who are selfish for caring?

An Aussie complaining about immigration is surely the most ironic thing about the whole piece.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 20:43

It’s not an open letter it’s a sky tv editorial clip link below. That said it’s delivered like a Jonathan Pie skit

https://www.facebook.com/553332348/posts/10157310187792349?sfns=mo

Post Edited (Fri 27 Sep 20:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 21:04

LPF: “Australian politicians tend to be of a lower calibre than ours and that's some achievement.”

That’s a pretty sweeping statement to make.

Do you have any facts to back that up or is it just a biased opinion?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 21:40

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Australian_parliamentary_eligibility_crisis

That's just one of many in recent times.
However lpf is wrong. Our politicians, especially those in government (though I use that term loosely) are many times more incompetent than our antipodean cousins.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 21:47

TOWK

With respect I think the reference you give is not about competence which was the essence of lpf’s comment. I hope you are not trying to imply racism?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 22:12

No lpf was talking about calibre. It was me who brought up competence. You asked for proof about the low calibre of Australian politicians and I provided it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 22:15

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 22:22

What a load of nonsense Renegade. You haven't seen these sort of changes before. Nobody alive today has. Now what we do it about it is up for debate but I see no point in denying that it is happening.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 22:34

twok

I think you’ve lost me now.

Calibre: the quality of someone's character or the level of their ability.

Competence: the ability to do something successfully or efficiently.

Maybe you can explain how this proves your point 🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 22:34

Climate change deniers are some of the most bizarre individuals around.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 22:39

“Climate change deniers are some of the most bizarre individuals around.”

For once we seem to agree. Why would you go around in ladies nylons? 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 23:31

I see my point is still being proved and now she can’t have thoughts or care about other world disasters whilst carrying out her climate activist cause?

People can, and do, actually care about lots of issues happening around the globe, but in Greta’s case she will always be a target for the ignorant no matter what her cause was.

I hope some of you can at least read her own words and understand what she meant by her comments ~ if you can be bothered of course.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 23:37

Wasting your time Buffy. Identity politics are at play. If they lot are against it that I must believe the opposite. No place for nuance anymore.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 00:11

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 00:37

Good grief. Pollution decades ago was nowhere near as high as it is today. The fact that there is over 7 billion people on the planet now should tell you why. If you don't want to do anything about it then that's fine but let's not pretend it's not real. Fortunately 30 years ago people believed the scientists when they told us cfcs were destroying the ozone layer and decided to act. How many lives were saved by that we can only guess at.

Post Edited (Sat 28 Sep 00:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 00:47

LPF: “Australian politicians tend to be of a lower calibre than ours and that's some achievement.”

A few years ago, I would probably have agreed with you. There was a time when British MPs were generally of a higher calibre than their Australian counterparts. But having viewed the goings-on in the UK in recent years, I have come to the view that the opposite is now true.

Australian MPs, in the main, are fairly representative of the general population. My only complaint would be that perhaps too many have law degrees, but then again, at the end of the day they are lawmakers, so perhaps that background is appropriate. There is one very obvious difference and that is that there are no class differentials in evidence.

Having a federal system with state and territory governments means there are far too many politicians in Australia, but in reality with devolution and the EC, the UK has much the same problem these days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 02:39

Ref: renegade master
Date: Fri 27 Sep 22:15

For you to describe an interview with Greta as "car crash TV" is a wee bit salt, coming from one who regularly indulges in car crash posts. I wonder how you would do in front o' a TV camera without a script? = renegade master Snorefest.

<<< I was referring to the link that was posted which reportedly was written by her, not the statement she read out from her worded statement in her hand. Which was probably written by her and proof read and edited before being cleared for her to read. >>>

I guess you think that makes pretty good sense but I'm not even going to try.

<<< Icecaps have melted and broken up for many generations I seem to remember one so big floating about in the Atlantic it sank the Titanic >>>

Aye it's a wonder that floating "Icecap" didn't sink everything in the North Atlantic!

Maybe time you went back to school old son. Take some o' yer ain advice:

"get to school get educated live your life to the best of your ability," (source:renegade master Sat 28 Sep 00:11)

Post Edited (Sat 28 Sep 12:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 07:44

It's okay, help is at hand The Greta Thunberg helpline

And here's a helpful book Climate Change Denial: Heads in the Sand
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 12:41

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 14:38

Ref: renegade master
Sat 28 Sep 12:41

You don’t come across as someone who wants to debate reasonably renegade.
You come across as someone who wants to wind folk up and argue and make really dim, but also sometimes quite funny remarks such as <<< I can only presume you concede defeat in wanting to debate reasonably. >>>

I see that my remark about you indulging in car crash posts has hit the spot. The insulting ‘car crash’ remark you made towards Greta has been turned against you and you don’t like it.
If you want to debate reasonably rather than get involved in mud-slinging, don’t sling mud!

If you want to debate, maybe try and make fewer points, more clearly.
For example, what does your last post boil down to?
OK. This is how it looks to me.

Most of your post is irrelevant to the point you’re trying to make. You could have deleted everything except this:
<<< Why is your future more important [than the futures] of those adults and children dying today? Does their future not matter because it's currently fashionable to be a climate protester? >>>

I think the three words I have added in brackets help to make it clearer.

The point you are making is:
There are people dying right now from e.g. starvation, diseases, lack of health care, absolute poverty, conflicts etc. They don’t have a future unless their problems are sorted urgently. So instead of spending time, energy and money on climate change which will affect people in the future, why not focus more on attending to people who are dying now?

Is that it?

It’s a valid and worthwhile point you’re trying to make. I think when you’re trying to say something important to you, don’t just rattle it off and then not even correct it before posting. I sometimes type my post out as a Word document and revise it before posting.
Worth a try?

Post Edited (Sat 28 Sep 14:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 14:56

Totally agree with that post onandupthepars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 17:06

This is for me the crux of the issue. If we accept that Global Warming is an issue of paramount importance, how far can we in the developed world go when lecturing poorer nations whose productive capacity relies more on fossil fuels?

To enforce compliance with ‘green’ regulations would be an act of sheer hypocrisy given our own history and would amount to little more than eco-colonialism. Richer nations could impede the development of those less developed countries and make a fair bit of money selling them ‘green’ technology into the bargain.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 17:24

Thanks Andrew -.

Sammer, I suppose it's easy to say it needs collective efforts.

Richer countries sharing resources and technology with poorer countries.

And poorer countries willing to pursue eco-friendly development.

I think steps are being taken in those directions. It needs scaling up.

As for renegade's question:

Maybe Climate protesters are just doing what they can. What can they do about those immediate issues - people dying of starvation, disease, conflicts etc? Could have mass demos just as for climate I suppose. To try and get governments to act? Support relevant charities as well?

Post Edited (Sat 28 Sep 20:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 02:05

The number of grown men who seem to be taking offence and throwing abuse at Greta is laughable.

The lass has people talking, and she's obviously very passionate about it.

Anyone abusing this young girl should really have a good look at themselves and realise how pathetic they are.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 10:46

I'll admit that I think you are probably right about ours being worse Oz Par!

Parbucks, my opinion of them was shaped quite a bit by my Australian mates.

If you need examples of why they are a bit ropey, there's a fair whack out there:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/01/secret-strip-club-videos-and-lewd-posts-australia-fallen-election-candidates

That one article actually highlights quite a few examples of Australian politicians being ball bags.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/20/australia.thefarright

Cheeky bit of electoral fraud for you.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9261738/Australian-MP-framed-over-prostitute-expenses.html

Lads lads lads. Craig Thomson blew a lot of money on birds and booze and undoubtedly squandered some too. Problem is it was tax payers money.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/757087/australian-deputy-prime-minister-barnaby-jones-resigns-over-love-child-sexual-harassment-claim

That one led to a ban on pumping your staff which surely has to be one of the perks of the job?

<https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/top-28-political-scandals-of-australia/ss-AAv5GPA#image=13>

That's ones a cheeky compilation of Australias top 28 political scandals.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/australian-senator-fraser-anning-criticised-blaming-new-zealand-attack-on-muslim-immigration

Ah the good old racists. It is however PC gone mad that you can't say things like that anymore. I've only done one racism link or I'd be here all day copying and pasting and it's a bit boring.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/aug/26/nsw-labor-got-100000-in-cash-from-chinese-billionaire-icac-inquiry-told

I've thrown in a bit of regional Government action as apparently theres a good chance this wouldn't have had to be declared at a federal level as the cash limits are higher.

I am bored now and we've gone off on a tangent but if you want any more examples Google (or any other search engine) is a gateway to plenty more articles.

When you consider how much lower the population of Oz is compared to us, their competitive ability in the political incompetence arena is to be admired.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 15:45

Australia is also worse for casual racism. When we were there we were shocked at the language used. The worst was a woman screaming at an Asian lady to "get back on your boat, b****" repeatedly. As if that wasnt bad enough, there were people laughing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 18:01

What's wrong with questioning her standing with billionaires who make money from misery?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 19:33

I don't think anyone is, Rasta. Instead they're getting frothy at the mouth about getting a telling from a young girl.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 21:47

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 22:29

The kids that are backing her,will still be going and being picked up in the parents 4 x 4rs.in their school day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 23:00

Those selfish children being driven by their parents...or maybe it's the parents who need to stop driving?

There's an irony that parents won't let their kids walk or cycle to school because the roads are too busy with parents dropping their kids off at the school gates.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 10:53

Ref: EEP
Sun 29 Sep 21:47

<<< A young lassie like Greta should be going out and enjoying life with her mates.....don’t get me wrong she is fighting for the planet buts it’s not really going to make a difference is it? >>>

How do we know she isn't doing so besides? Sounds as if she isn't though, as she has said she is, or was, not good at socialising? From one who had the proud indistinction of being labelled "socially inept" by a former girlfriend, I have every sympathy with her.

The difference is she's really lovely and I was plug!

Improved with age and false teeth.

She's exceedingly brainy, maybe it kind of works against her in the 'enjoying life' department.

Post Edited (Mon 30 Sep 11:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 12:22

Didn't she just sail across the Atlantic? I'd imagine that was very enjoyable.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 13:13

TOWK: A couple of weeks ago I was up in the Queensland sunshine racing in a yacht. Every night we would all come ashore to our rented apartments, have a good meal and a few beers. For sure, I would define that as “very enjoyable”.

On the other hand, sailing a yacht or any other boat for that matter westwards across the North Atlantic in September can be a pretty unpredictable experience - and for a week or more there is no escape to restaurants, pubs and warm beds.

I would love to know if Greta found it very enjoyable. I would be surprised and mightily impressed if she did.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 18:48

Quick question: where are the concerned threads when the vulnerable teenage girls are on stage singing?

There is more going on here than an innocent concern for a young woman's wellbeing.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net