DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Twitter bans Katie Hopkins - Trump next?
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 09:46

Twitter has permanently closed the account of Katie Hopkins for violating its hateful conduct policy.

Hopkins is one of those oddities that have sprung to prominence in recent years for no other reason than she deliberately spouts controversial bile. At the flick of a switch, her audience has just been reduced by a million.

A while back, the same thing happened to Milo Yiannopoulis, a vain and cynical exponent of hate speech. Since then, he has all but disappeared from the public eye.

I wonder if Twitter has the balls to do the same to Donald Trump? If he were to suddenly lose those 80 million Twitter followers it would put a real dent in his reelection prospects.

The difference here is that Trump has the means to issue a counterpunch that could hurt Twitter.

I recently read somewhere that he has a backup app (forgotten its name), which apparently Donald Jr has a lot of money in, ready and able to go into action if Twitter bans him.

Apparently, he also has plans to purchase a second-tier TV network in the event that Fox News shifts its alliance in the next few months.

Should he lose the election, Trump will buy it anyway.

I bet that Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Jeanine Pirro and doubtless that veteran of opinionated hate, Bill O'Reilly, will all be prepared to move across to Trump News when it becomes a reality.

And what are the odds that Katie and Milo will be getting regular gigs there too?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Twitter bans Katie Hopkins - Trump next?
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 10:18

He's desparate. He is looking at spending the rest of his life in a New York prison if he doesn't win the election.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 10:32

Hopkins needs sectioned. She's clearly unhinged. Same applies to Trump. He's a danger to himself and the rest of the planet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 10:58

I don't think I've ever come across anyone in public life with such a limited vocabulary as Donald Trump. When he speaks he sounds like a kid still in primary school. I know words aren't everything but you do expect the President of the USA to be articulate., regardless of his views.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 10:58

Seems like the perfect chance to rewatch one of Philip Schofield's greatest moments.
https://youtu.be/oVRlYcPIacE

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 18:41

I'm of the opinion that Katie Hopkins doesn't really believe half the stuff she says.

Its her career. Being an utter reprehensible c**t is the way she makes a living and it should have been shut down completely years ago. She will find another avenue, but she needs to be ignored.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 19:39

Don't laugh but I have not a scooby who Katie Hopkins is :(
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 20:22

Buspass your not missing much and probably better off for it

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 20:28

Agreed... Move on... Nothing of any interest to see really.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 22:26

Well, for as much as I think she's a vile cow, I cant help feeling that deleting her account (or anyone's account for that matter) is another nail in the coffin of free speech.

If people don't like what she spouts, the don't have to read it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 22:53

MickeyLeonard,

I appreciate your misgivings, but no society has ever tolerated opinions which are in line with what Hopkins reportedly writes. It's like the infamous Nazi daily newspaper edited by Julius Streicher which demonised Jews, long before Hitler ever acquired power, on a daily basis and created the climate for the Final Solution. After Hitler acquired power he disowned the newspaper because it was too embarrassing. Streicher was executed at Nuremburg and had one of the lowest IQs of all those hanged: same as Hopkins I imagine. She comes across aa a dullard.

Free Speech is precious. Too precious to be allowed licence to attack others without credible evidence. Hopkins has none. Every right contains an accompanying duty: Hopkins has not shown that she understands that. Her silence will be welcomed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 23:09

Ach, I hear what you're saying Sammer but it still doesn't sit comfortably with me. Just because we don't like what someone says, we shut them up and pretend they dont exist anymore ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 23:29

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Sat 20 Jun 23:09

Ach, I hear what you're saying Sammer but it still doesn't sit comfortably with me. Just because we don't like what someone says, we shut them up and pretend they dont exist anymore ?

She just doesn't exist on Twitter. She broke their rules, many have been booted from here for far less. Her freedom of speech is unchanged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 23:55

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 20 Jun 19:39

Don't laugh but I have not a scooby who Katie Hopkins is :(

I wish I was you. She's a horrid woman who seems to enjoy being called horrid...probably because she's made a career out of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 21 Jun 00:02

If folk would just ignore her she would be out of work... But they rise to her obvious bait.
She's just a modern day take on a shock jock.
Probably doesn't believe in most of the stuff she says either... But she's playing a role.
They're all the same these types... She will cross the line too far one day and that'll be her career finished.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 21 Jun 01:45

MickeyLeonard,

I don't like shutting down frees speech but a twitter account belongs to a private company and they have right to make that decision. Kate Hopkins can still voice her opinions in public to whatever audience wishes to listen to her. She's not being gagged.

On a football note, to me it's like Rangers supporters singing The Sash. They can do this lustily in their own supporters' clubs and no one will deny them that right. But when they sing it in public and into people's faces then it becomes a public order issue. They have the right to sing their song: but they have an accompanying duty to sing it in places where it will not cause offence or disorder.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net