DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Flight to nowhere
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 02:10

Just watched the "highlights" from Jeff Bezos` flight into "space".

This expensive exercise in self-indulgence was emphasised by the childish whoops of the participants, and them being so consumed in the thrill of weightlessness that they practically missed this gilt-edged opportunity to view our planet from above.

It was appropriate that the rocket bore a striking resemblance to a penis...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Flight to nowhere
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 04:22

I agree.
Astronauts have recounted life-changing experiences when viewing our planet from space. Imagine if people with so much money that they can do this had the same experience; some of the things they could change would improve the lives of so many others.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 06:28

I met a Skylab astronaut and he had become a missionary in his life and explained how viewing earth had giving him a calling in life to God. Apparently this happens often as astronauts seem changed when they return.
It will all be going well until the first major incident and I wonder if the accident contingencies are thorough to protect ground based humans…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 09:11

Agree with all of that Oz .. When you think of all the good that money could have done

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 21:39

Read an interesting article with regards to part of the selection process for Astronauts in the beginning. Apparently they'd go for those with little imagination, imagine how your mind would go wild, you could hold up a thumb and it'd block out the world, everything and everyone we know obscured, crazy!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 10:48

Good luck to him - if I was as rich as him I would give a lot away but I`d also do things like this. The guy could drap deed tomorrow. Why not live a life worth living?!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 17:25

Meanwhile his employees have to pee in bottles because they don`t get proper bathroom breaks.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 03:57

Would be dreadful if their was a tragic accident .
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 08:51

The book "the right stuff" is an excellent read on the subject of astronauts

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 09:40

"Meanwhile his employees have to pee in bottles because they don`t get proper bathroom breaks"

Not defending Amazon as I don`t know enough about them as employers but that particular claim, while true, is in regards to delivery drivers in the USA.

Eta, read reports now of it also happening in UK warehouses. Is it really that bad at amazon that they don`t give you breaks?

Post Edited (Fri 23 Jul 09:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 12:26

Film on Netflix, regarding delivery drivers..pretty bleak!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net