DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mason Greenwood
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 07:52

Has anyone has seen the pictures his ex girlfriend has put up with blood or over her face or even worse, the audio recording (which I’m not prepared to link but it’s out there) of him basically raping her? It’s utterly horrific. His career is surely SURELY over. The world at his feet and yet another monsterous cowardly piece of garbage footballer is what we get. This should be all over the papers. He’s finished.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mason Greenwood
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 08:52

Has any of this been proven yet or is it just speculation/accusations?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 09:12

Horrid image but innocent until proven guilty surely?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 09:22

Innocent until proven guilty. There should be no story hear until the police decides if he has a case to answer to.

Twiiter/instagram GTF

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 09:28

Usually I’d agree, but the voice clip is pretty damning

Post Edited (Sun 30 Jan 09:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 09:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 30 Jan 09:22

Innocent until proven guilty. There should be no story hear until the police decides if he has a case to answer to.

Twiiter/instagram GTF

100%. These conversations are for court rather than on social media. We all saw what happened when Caroline Flack had allegations spread all over social.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 09:33

Quote:

AlterPar, Sun 30 Jan 09:28

Usually I’d agree, but the voice clip is pretty damning

Yeah agreed I just listened to that. Shocking

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 09:42

I hadn`t heard the audio. Whether it`s him or someone else it is truly horrifying. I wouldn`t recommend listening to it.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 09:51

Innocent until proven guilty? Definitely.

For the courts to decide? Definitely.

But do keep in mind that only 1.6% (1 in 60) of reported rape cases in England and Wales end up in a charge or summons for the accused. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/23/fewer-than-one-in-60-cases-lead-to-charge-in-england-and-wales

This might end up being a rare case that does actually end up in being heard in court.

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 10:16

The audio recording is absolutely horrendous. Can’t see any way out of it for him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:07

Won’t get charged with rape as an audio recording proves nothing.

Will probably get charged with assault.

Seems strange that she has just been hit and is wandering about taking videos of herself when he is presumably still around.

Also when did she decide to start recording this ? Before anything happened ? During ? Strange. Unless there has been previous ?

Bruises? Does not prove that she was not a willing partner when the bruises were inflicted…..that might be his line of defence.

He does certainly seem like a nasty horrible bloke though.

Just 20, a glittering career ahead of him, and maybe flushed it all down the pan.

He deserves what he gets..if found guilty of anything… but as I said can’t see a rape charge being brought based on that recording…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:18

In contrary I suspect that the pressure to charge him will be too much for the cps to bear. At that stage it will then be up to the courts to decide the verdict. I assume it won`t just be the audio but also the testimony of the woman.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:29

Quote:

desparado, Sun 30 Jan 11:07

Won’t get charged with rape as an audio recording proves nothing.

Will probably get charged with assault.

Seems strange that she has just been hit and is wandering about taking videos of herself when he is presumably still around.

Also when did she decide to start recording this ? Before anything happened ? During ? Strange. Unless there has been previous ?

Bruises? Does not prove that she was not a willing partner when the bruises were inflicted…..that might be his line of defence.

He does certainly seem like a nasty horrible bloke though.

Just 20, a glittering career ahead of him, and maybe flushed it all down the pan.

He deserves what he gets..if found guilty of anything… but as I said can’t see a rape charge being brought based on that recording…

Not really liking this post at all.

What about the girlfriend in all of this ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:33

If she testifies against him and is adamant that he raped her, then not being a legal eagle but can someone be found guilty on testimony only ?

She will realise of course that if he is found guilty of rape then not only is his football career over but his life..the way it was anyway.

Can’t imagine his shocking behaviour was a recent thing.

Wonder why she hung around so long if there was previous ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:41

Domestic abuse is a complex subject. Very easy to ask "well why didn`t he/she...".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:55

This site and some of the opinions on here fair don’t help it’s name.

Desperate stuff 😠

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:58

Desperado,

I don’t think you mean to come across poorly but I’m really not a fan of the way you have put this case across. It’s uncomfortable reading.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 12:06

Seems like he is a total scumbag. The audio clip is pretty damming.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 12:07

Quote:

AlterPar, Sun 30 Jan 11:58

Desperado,

I don’t think you mean to come across poorly but I’m really not a fan of the way you have put this case across. It’s uncomfortable reading.

Agreed.

Asking "why did she hang around" shows at best ignorance of domestic abuse, and at worst edging on victim blaming.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 12:10

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sun 30 Jan 12:06

Seems like he is a total scumbag. The audio clip is pretty damming.

How can anyone prove that`s definitely him? Genuine question

Post Edited (Sun 30 Jan 12:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 12:21

Quote:

jake89, Sun 30 Jan 11:41

Domestic abuse is a complex subject. Very easy to ask "well why didn`t he/she...".

100% this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 12:36

All the posts have now been deleted from the insta account. Dunno if that means police are investigating and asked her to take them down or his lawyers have been in touch and coerced her to take them then.

Man U have made a statement to say they are making no comment until facts are known

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 12:46

This is horrendous and totally unacceptable if true but this needs to be investigated to find out whether he is innocent or guilty i have heard the recording but i will refrain from making any further comments
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 13:26

Some uncomfortable posts in here
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 13:37

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sun 30 Jan 13:26

Some uncomfortable posts in here

Why?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 13:38

If they make you feel uncomfortable then you really need to say which posts and articulate why they make you feel that way. You`re points will probably be quite valid but if you believe they are wrong you need to say why.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 16:09

She should have gone to the police with the allegations.

They can decide if there is a case to answer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TigerPar  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 16:56

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 30 Jan 16:09

Maybe she has done and got nowhere, hence releasing what she has on her socials. Truth is we’ll never know the full story!

Seems he is a nasty piece of work and by all accounts of other comments I’ve read elsewhere it’s not the first time he’s been in trouble for how he treats women.

I hope the police can get to the truth and that he’ll pay a heavy price for any crimes he’s committed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 19:18

Quote:

TigerPar, Sun 30 Jan 16:56

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 30 Jan 16:09

Maybe she has done and got nowhere, hence releasing what she has on her socials. Truth is we’ll never know the full story!

Seems he is a nasty piece of work and by all accounts of other comments I’ve read elsewhere it’s not the first time he’s been in trouble for how he treats women.

I hope the police can get to the truth and that he’ll pay a heavy price for any crimes he’s committed.

Allegedly

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 20:23

Topic Originator: DBA like
Date: Sun 30 Jan 12:07

Quote:

Desperado,

Agreed.

Asking "why did she hang around" shows at best ignorance of domestic abuse, and at worst edging on victim blaming.

Yeah domestic abuse in a normal relationship, but when it involves a multi millionaire it is a bit different…..apparently…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 20:30

Greater Manchester will be experienced (sadly) in investigating such cases based on evidence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 20:51

"She should have gone to the police with the allegations.

They can decide if there is a case to answer."

That`s great in theory, but as above, the police don`t progress 98.4% of the accusations they receive.

There`s no point telling people to put their faith in the justice system, when the chances that they will see justice are basically zero.

If nothing else, the accuser going public has forced the police to investigate (which there is no guarantee that they would have done had she played by the "rules").

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 20:55

Quote:

desparado, Sun 30 Jan 20:23

Topic Originator: DBA like
Date: Sun 30 Jan 12:07

Quote:

Desperado,

Agreed.

Yeah domestic abuse in a normal relationship, but when it involves a multi millionaire it is a bit different…..apparently…

????
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 21:11

Been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault if he’s guilty I hope he rots in jail

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 31 Jan 00:01

Has he taken the hype about him being the "New Ryan Giggs" too literally?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 31 Jan 09:03

I hate these trials by SM and don`t want to pass judgement on a case without hearing all the evidence.

It`s not helpful, either, to ask questions like "Why did the girl not just go the police?" Was she in a fit psychological state to think in a clear and rational way?

The reason so few rape complaints end up in court is because it`s a very serious charge and carries a 7 year prison sentence. The evidence has to be very compelling or the CPS will throw it out. Hopefully, now that the police is involved, all relevant information will be gathered and justice will be served.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Jan 09:40

A lot of people don`t appreciate that domestic abuse isn`t black and white. I had a friend who was effectively being psychologically abused by her boyfriend. They`d been dating for years through uni and lived in his flat. He had a very well paid job whereas she kept going from job to job. He used to say she didn`t need to work and we always felt he encouraged her just to quit. This effectively trapped her. She paid no rent, had become isolated from her friends and rarely had money. In the end her escape route was to take a job on the other side of the country. Even then she didn`t dump him until a long while later and it wasn`t pretty.

At first a lot of us would highlight what was going on but it made things worse. She lost a fair few friends because of her standing by him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Mon 31 Jan 09:42

I was on a Jury in a rape case recently. It was infuriating.

The defendant was allowed to just sit and watch without saying a word whilst the alleged victim was dragged around like a ragdoll by the defence team.

The evidence as presented wasn`t sufficient to convict so the jury gave a not proven verdict, but we might well have given a different one had the evidence been presented in a different way or if we had been given different guidance from the judge.

The system isn`t set up to properly try rape cases and the adversarial approach to questioning alleged victims left me with a really poor view of how our system deals with rape allegations.

I understand that the part of a rape enquiry before trial could be made a great deal less traumatic for the complainant too, especially given what they have just been through. It is not surprising that victims often either don`t report anything or they take their time to process and build the courage up to go through more trauma.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

Post Edited (Mon 31 Jan 09:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 31 Jan 11:31

Quote:

jake89, Mon 31 Jan 09:40

A lot of people don`t appreciate that domestic abuse isn`t black and white. I had a friend who was effectively being psychologically abused by her boyfriend. They`d been dating for years through uni and lived in his flat. He had a very well paid job whereas she kept going from job to job. He used to say she didn`t need to work and we always felt he encouraged her just to quit. This effectively trapped her. She paid no rent, had become isolated from her friends and rarely had money. In the end her escape route was to take a job on the other side of the country. Even then she didn`t dump him until a long while later and it wasn`t pretty.

At first a lot of us would highlight what was going on but it made things worse. She lost a fair few friends because of her standing by him.

Agree Jake. It is an extremely difficult thing for people who have never experienced that type of evil controlling behaviour. And it is the most inherent evil by systematically removing a persons right for free will or thinking. It takes a lot of courage to get away from such a life and the fact she apparently recorded it was probably the only way she could think of how to deal with it. We can never truly understand what happens in such situations and should be patient and available for the victims when their story unfolds. Unfortunately many of the people impacted by this type of behaviour are mentally scarred for life and can not return to the person they were. It is really very sad that this happens.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Tue 1 Feb 17:22

Further arrested on threats to kill.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 1 Feb 17:23

Oh Dear ^^^

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 1 Feb 18:04

Another guy who doesn`t know the first rule of holes.

When you reach the bottom, stop digging!

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net