DAFC.net
Home 30 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The big leccy bus grift
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 15:38

With a big woo hoo "The newest fully-electric bus network in the UK has been launched in Dunfermline." according to the headlines. Great to see our city is at the forefront of saving the world by combating the 2nd biggest greenhouse gas behind water vapor, Carbon Dioxide. We obviously must reduce this evil gas which currently makes up 0.044% (Zero point zero four four percent) of the Earths atmosphere.

Man with medallion standing in between two "smart busses".

The way we do this of course is by replacing dirty, coal, oil and petroleum and replace it with clean, saintly electricity stored in lithium and cobalt batteries.

Nice, clean Lithium mine in Chile.

The safe, well-paid totally not detrimental to health Cobalt mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Fares in the Dunfermline area have went up 15%, no doubt to help pay for these planet saving contraptions, a price the poorest and eldest in our society are almost certainly happy to pay.

My Grandfather (in-law) who is a frequent user of the bus service has had the unfortunate coincidence of being on these new electric busses 3 times when they have broken down and had to be rescued by a diesel bus.

A couple of friends who are both bus drivers have stated that that come next winter the buses may work a bit better as the heating will be turned off as they want "the busses to run all day without charging", good news for passengers unless you don`t like to be freezing although it is yet to be seen if the drivers can drive all day in these conditions.

Tweet from Greta Thunberg (Since deleted) telling us 5 years ago that we`ll all be dead in 5 years unless we stopped using fossil fuels.

Thank God for the well-educated activists like Greta and politicians like "Climate Czar" John Kerry who are jetting round the globe to inform us of our planet-destroying mistakes.

6 home, 12 car, 2 yacht owning "Climate Czar" John Kerry getting off his private get which has emitted an estimated 715,886 pounds, or 325 metric tons on the 48 trips lasting more than 60 hours since he assumed the position. He also used this jet to pick up his "Arctic Circle Climate Award" stating that a private jet is "the only choice for someone like me.”.

Remember we are all in this together, some more than others and anyone questioning the message should always be labelled "a denier", "far right" and "anti science" whenever they challenge the "settled science" of muh climate change.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The big leccy bus grift
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 15:45

I had a go on Chat GPT the other day and wrote "Write a rambling message from a frustrated climate change denier. Don`t hold back on the inverted commas."

I was impressed with what it came up with.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 16:00

It probably read better than BP`s post.

Has no one told him old folk and young folk don`t pay bus fares in Scotland?

GT`s post doesn`t actually say we`d all be dead in 5 years but that`s probably fake news.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 16:35

Was on a bus a fortnight ago to collect my car from garage service and I don`t think anybody paid, including me!

Don`t know how they can afford to run them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 16:39

The government picks up the tab for those who don`t pay LA.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 16:51

Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks like
Date: Mon 20 Mar 16:39

The government picks up the tab for those who don`t pay LA.

Towk LA hides under the seat when the Conductress comes for the fares

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 19:17

Conductress???

When was the last time you were on a bus?🤔😲🤣🤣🤣🚎🚎🚎
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 19:22

BPP was probably on an original stagecoach!

🤠

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 20:20

Quote:

buffy, Mon 20 Mar 19:22

BPP was probably on an original stagecoach!

🤠

With Calamity Jane!!🎬🏹🇺🇲🦓🦓🦓🤠
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 21:05

Bus services in Scotland, or the UK in general are bloody awful. The exception is probably Edinburgh. If Dunfermline had a better and more reliable bus service then it would reduce the number of people driving. THAT would reduce pollution whereas an electric bus just moves the pollution elsewhere.

IMO we`ve had years of prices going up resulting in an endless cycle of fewer customers meaning fewer users meaning the price goes up again to cover. What we now see is services provided by a PRIVATE company surviving off PUBLIC funding as the only people using the buses are young people and old people. The ones who are more likely to be working and using their cars as they offer greater flexibility and are potentially cheaper.

Some years ago I wrote to the Transport Minister explaining my dismay at the awful Fife Circle rail service and questioned how on earth it could be that it was cheaper and easier for me to DRIVE to Edinburgh Park. I got a generic reply.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 22:29

Buses in Edinburgh used to be great but have been getting steadily worse for about four years. All the diversions we`ve had aren`t helping.

Aside from the carbon side of things, electric and hybrid buses work much better than diesel in a built up area.

They have better torque than diesel engined buses, so they can accelerate more rapidly, which works much better for stop/start operation, like with a bus in a city.

The pollution is managed at the power plant rather than being dumped into the city air.

They are quieter, which has obvious advantages in places where people live.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Tue 21 Mar 01:24

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 21 Mar 07:49

I love mostly everyone so far has spectacularly missed the OPs point.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 21 Mar 08:40

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Tue 21 Mar 01:24

You think that electric buses will be shown to be louder than diesel ones once scientists wake up to the truth that a bunch of teenage conspiracy theorists on 4chan have known for years?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 21 Mar 09:31

Nature abhors a vacuum and it looks like the Rasta-gap is finally going to be filled

[IP address logged]
 Re: The big leccy bus grifter her
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 21 Mar 10:16

Just as an aside.. Not many years ago me and Mrs P had the misfortune to experience three breakdowns on the X51 Livingston service within 6 months. It was a very sleek new type of vehicle and not been in service that long.

First time it broke down in the shopping centre, replacement bus required
Next time on the way back, not far from the bridge, then again on another bus which just made it over the bridge before conking out short of the park and ride Replacement vehicles to the rescue both times.

I made some joke to one of the rescue drivers about us being jinxed, and she said not really it had happened to her twice as a passenger as well! Another driver said the new ones were rubbish, give him an old one to drive any day of the week!

Progress, eh?

Post Edited (Tue 21 Mar 10:18)
[IP address logged]
 Re: The big leccy bus grifter her
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 21 Mar 11:55

It`s the same issue with cars. My new(ish) car is filled with sensors and monitors for everything so it tells me my tyre pressure has reduced or a bulb is out or it thinks someone is in the passenger seat when it`s actually by backpack.

I`m sure some of my older cars were definitely a bit iffy in terms of how they were running but all road safe. I`m sure everyone has driven a car with a slow puncture or with an engine that isn`t idling as efficiently as it should be. Nowadays the car would be beep, beep, beep!

The other issue with modern vehicle electronics is they`re not very good. You see it all the time that a garage runs a diagnostic and finds 28 errors, but they`ll potentially be caused by one loose wire or one part that needs replaced.

Imagine what it must be like for these buses. They probably go into limp mode when low on screenwash!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 21 Mar 12:15

Indeed Jake, there appeared to be some alarm glitch that disabled the bus at the stop in Livi, and the driver couldn’t do anything.
I think one of the other buses was showing an an overheating issue so the driver had to pull over. He suspected it was a false alarm but couldn’t take any chances.
Teething problems probably.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net