DAFC.net
Home 30 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kieran Ngwenya
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:14

Daily Record:

Dunfermline Athletic are set to sign Kieran Ngwenya.

The freed Aberdeen defender has agreed a two-year deal at East End Park.

Pars boss James McPake has beaten off a number of Championship rivals, including Partick Thistle, to land him.

The 21-year-old will replace Josh Edwards who moved to Charlton Athletic earlier this month.

Ngwenya had attracted interest from Queen’s Park Rangers.

The English Championship side was keen on him for their development squad but he didn’t want to wait and possibly lose out on Dunfermline’s offer.

The Malawi international leaves Aberdeen after four years at Pittodrie.

The majority of his time there was spent on loan with the likes of Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts and Raith Rovers.

He spent last season on loan at Championship rivals Partick Thistle.

Post Edited (Thu 27 Jun 11:15)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kieran Ngwenya
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:17

I hate being negative, especially since this forum is full of it. But he is the literally the worst player I saw all last season. He looked rotten. But Euan Murray was the same and he turned out good for us so!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:18

Quote:

AlterPar, Thu 27 Jun 11:17

I hate being negative, especially since this forum is full of it. But he is the literally the worst player I saw all last season. He looked rotten. But Euan Murray was the same and he turned out good for us so!

The only time he played against us last season Partick won 3-0.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:24

Although he qualifies for Malawi he was born in Glasgow and raised in Edinburgh. 6`0`` tall too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:42

I just watched some interviews from his time at Rovers and Thistle. He comes across as a grounded and sensible young lad. There is also a short clip of him running through the Airdie defence at Cove and taking a pretty good shot. Let`s give the lad a chance before rushing to judgment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:45

Quote:

Kdy Par, Thu 27 Jun 11:18

Quote:

AlterPar, Thu 27 Jun 11:17

The only time he played against us last season Partick won 3-0.

I saw him play vs Dundee Utd also. Hopefully I saw a couple bad days and he is a star!

Post Edited (Thu 27 Jun 11:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:47

Replacement for Edwards 😬 not sure about that. Thistle fans at work said he was honking for them……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:52

He`s 21 and has already got a decent number of games under his belt, hope he hits the ground running and has a great season
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:53

I remember the first few games otoo played for us and he looked like he could barely play football. Once he settled he improved loads.

Here’s hoping if he’s signed he can do the same and will have learned a lot from last seasons struggles (from what I’m hearing)

He might be better as a full back than a wing back or vice versa, we’ll no doubt play him at wing back…

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 11:56

"I hate being negative, especially since this forum is full of it. But he is the literally the worst player I saw all last season. He looked rotten. But Euan Murray was the same and he turned out good for us so!"

Great opportunity for Ngwenya to surpass our expectations then. Good luck Kieran - young, but plenty of games under his belt - fits the club strategy well and as I`ve said on other posts I`m pleased that the club are sticking to the strategy they`ve laid out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 12:06

Plenty of people have looked like they`ve won a competition to play for Dunfermline then gone on to great things.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 12:54

Many many players have been castigated on here as `not being good enough` before going on to have careers that far surpass anything they could have done had they stayed with us.

Sol Bamba
Shaun Rooney
Ross Millen
Shaun Byrne
Reece Cole
Tomas Danilivecius

I`m sure there are others..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 13:23

I hope he does as well as Josh

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 13:24

Thought I saw Ngwenya along with a few of our current/former players and others, in for a Joe Cardle session last week. Maybe been on the cards for a wee while.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 13:37

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 27 Jun 12:54

Many many players have been castigated on here as `not being good enough` before going on to have careers that far surpass anything they could have done had they stayed with us.

Sol Bamba
Shaun Rooney
Ross Millen
Shaun Byrne
Reece Cole
Tomas Danilivecius

I`m sure there are others..

Shankland?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 13:40

He has also played with Cardle at Kelty

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 14:42

When we had Danny Armstrong on loan did anyone anticipate he would establish himself in the Premiership? I`ll admit that I didn`t.

Back on topic, assuming it`s confirmed, I wonder what convinced Kieran to join us rather than another Championship club or the QPR Development squad?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 14:58

Hopefully it’s announced soon and he goes on to have a great career with us.

Obviously seems keen to join and the facts he’s turned down QPR development squad and other Championship teams tells me he’s likely to be the main man at left back next season.

That suits me because Otoo needs to play centre mid for us, that’s his best position in my opinion.

Hopefully Kieran is the first of a few more before start of season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 17:08

Time will tell , give the lad a chance to prove himself , thats 2 in the door another couple more will be fine . COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 17:53

Assuming this is who the club will be announcing in a few minutes

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 17:54

Well we`re clearly signing him based on Twitter!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 18:11

Confirmed. Two year deal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 18:15

Good to see a new signing and fresh face, However that is a replacement for someone going out the door I would like to see some signings that strengthen us I`m sure that will come eventually.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 18:19

Quote:

LEGEND85, Thu 27 Jun 18:15

Good to see a new signing and fresh face, However that is a replacement for someone going out the door I would like to see some signings that strengthen us I`m sure that will come eventually.

If there was a better left back than josh, then he would`ve signed for Charlton instead.

Sign young for cheap, improve, sell on.....rinse and repeat. Like it or not, we will be a feeder club for the bigger clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 19:00

Wahey welcome to the Pars, Kieran

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 19:25

Welcome Kieran, all the best young man.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 19:28

Welcome Kieran and the best of luck to you. We’ve a tradition of good young full backs and hopefully you have a long successful career.

I think McPakes signing record is more than decent so far, so hugely looking forward to watching Kieran.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 19:29

Looks like he has had a fair amount of experience over the last couple of years at Championship level although only 8 starts in the league last season. Seems as though he`s primarily a left back but he can also cover at right back and centre back, so that could be useful. Seems to be a decent sized laddie and an international player too. He`s at a good age and McPake must think they can develop him so let`s wish him well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 20:15

Solid signing and fits with the development policy. Hopefully with regular first team football he can kick on. He has come to the right place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 23:00

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 27 Jun 11:47

Replacement for Edwards 😬 not sure about that. Thistle fans at work said he was honking for them……

Yet Thistle competed for him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 23:05

Well if he’s a regular left back, maybe we’re changing to a flat back four? For my money I think with the current squad that suits us better. Can you imagine a 4-4-2! Bring back the old days!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 23:22

Just listened to his interview and it brings a big smile to my face. Looks like a very bright, intelligent lad with a brilliant Scottish accent and the hair is fantastic. He and Ewan Otoo will get on great, a bit more body and length to the tresses and you won`t be able to tell them apart. If he`s got the latent talent in him, DAFC is just the place to develop that.

Wasn`t wrong about him looking intelligent, just read that his dad is professor in Edinburgh University. Just hope most of Keirans brains are in his feet, as they used to say.

Post Edited (Thu 27 Jun 23:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 27 Jun 23:51

Welcome to the club Kieran!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 00:14

It sounds like he`s been talking to the club for a wee while and he`s done a bit of homework to acquaint himself with us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 06:14

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 27 Jun 23:00

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 27 Jun 11:47

Yet Thistle competed for him.

Not so strongly when you read his comments, “a bit interest from them in going back”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 08:43

At 21 years old you are looking to be playing 1st team football. With the new facilities there is the opportunity to put in extra training sessions. If you are serious about progressing as a player you would take advantage of that. You reap what you sow at the end of the day. I do see the new facilities as a game changer for the club. It`s a step up in the professional approach to the game, irrespective of how you see the youth development benefits.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 09:00

McPake has mentioned several times about the benefits Dave Mackay brings to the team as a former fullback himself. You would hope therefore that they would be able to identify someone who is going to be useful to us in that role?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 10:34

Quote:

Indiapar, Fri 28 Jun 08:43

At 21 years old you are looking to be playing 1st team football. With the new facilities there is the opportunity to put in extra training sessions. If you are serious about progressing as a player you would take advantage of that. You reap what you sow at the end of the day. I do see the new facilities as a game changer for the club. It`s a step up in the professional approach to the game, irrespective of how you see the youth development benefits.

As more clubs adopt artificial pitches, I would say this dilutes the advantage that a training facility offers as the players will just train on their own pitch and have access to the facilities at the ground

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 10:38

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 28 Jun 10:34

Quote:

As more clubs adopt artificial pitches, I would say this dilutes the advantage that a training facility offers as the players will just train on their own pitch and have access to the facilities at the ground

But clubs with aspirations of making the Premiership (which should be our main competition)will now have a tough choice if they want to stick with there plastic pitch.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 11:58

Quote:

Kdy Par, Fri 28 Jun 10:38

Quote:

Quote:

But clubs with aspirations of making the Premiership (which should be our main competition)will now have a tough choice if they want to stick with there plastic pitch.

I would imagine that change will only be adopted once they have achieved promotion ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 12:11

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 28 Jun 11:58

Quote:

Kdy Par, Fri 28 Jun 10:38

Quote:

Quote:

I would imagine that change will only be adopted once they have achieved promotion ?

Agreed Raymie, however having a separate facility will allow for a more strategic approach dare I say.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 13:24

Are there grass pitches at the new facility? I wouldn’t want to be training on astroturf constantly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 13:28

Taken from press

In addition to a floodlit artificial pitch and changing facilities, initial proposals for the site included two full-size grass pitches; warm-up and goalkeeper areas; an education and analysis auditorium; offices and meeting rooms; a kit room, laundry and boot room; an indoor sports hall; a kitchen; and an eating and rest area.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 13:29

Quote:

dafc, Fri 28 Jun 13:28

Taken from press

In addition to a floodlit artificial pitch and changing facilities, initial proposals for the site included two full-size grass pitches; warm-up and goalkeeper areas; an education and analysis auditorium; offices and meeting rooms; a kit room, laundry and boot room; an indoor sports hall; a kitchen; and an eating and rest area.

Cheers👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 13:59

Quote:

Taken from press

There won’t be room for two full sized grass pitches unless significant levelling and drainage work is carried out.
Looks like plans have changed and the building is not being redeveloped, so many of the facilities planned will not happen now ?
Modular buildings ( portacabins ) being installed for changing and showering etc

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 14:35

We`ve been told that we have a small playing budget because money is going towards the training facilities, now the plans for the training facilities are being scaled back? I think the owners are on notice this season. Fans are beginning to see some cracks in all of this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 15:32

Pars Athletic wrote:

> We`ve been told that we have a small playing budget because
> money is going towards the training facilities, now the plans
> for the training facilities are being scaled back? I think the
> owners are on notice this season. Fans are beginning to see
> some cracks in all of this.

On notice aye? You got a couple of pals clubbing together a good couple of million to buy them out because they’re only building one pitch this year on the training ground they’ve built?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 15:33

Back on topic, a quick left back and with McPakes record of developing some of the younger players, this could be a good signing for us. Good luck to the lad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 17:22

It`s interesting to read the manager`s comments about him on COWS. It sounds as if he could be a better athlete than Edwards. He had been speaking to him for two or three weeks which just shows it pays to be patient when trying to sign players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 17:26

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 28 Jun 13:59

Quote:

Taken from press

There won’t be room for two full sized grass pitches unless significant levelling and drainage work is carried out.
Looks like plans have changed and the building is not being redeveloped, so many of the facilities planned will not happen now ?
Modular buildings ( portacabins ) being installed for changing and showering etc

Where would players change and shower in the meantime?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 18:21

Assuming at the ground then minibus down ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net