DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporters council meeting
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 08:07

I think it`s time for one of these for anyone to attend.

Who would like a meeting with representation from the board and cook?

Maybe the SLO can see this response and make it happen or can we only have one when everything is rosy..
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporters council meeting
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:11

Cook and the Directors are not going to give direct answers to those issues which are the source of so much concern to fans........much as we would wish otherwise sadly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:23

I would imagine they will continue to hide away and let Mcpake take the flak

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 10:35

No! The fans should play hardball now. Issue the board with a warning that voluntary donations (not least, Lifeline) will be withdrawn immediately unless the German—repeat German—directors face up to direct questions from the fans concerned about the current financial situation and the club`s lack of a clear direction.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:04

Quote:

OzPar, Mon 5 Aug 10:35

No! The fans should play hardball now. Issue the board with a warning that voluntary donations (not least, Lifeline) will be withdrawn immediately unless the German—repeat German—directors face up to direct questions from the fans concerned about the current financial situation and the club`s lack of a clear direction.

The German owners not just directors. They are the ones employing David Cook and he can only say what they tell him. Nick and Meggle need to front this up and quick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:11

Certainly needs something. Even if it’s a not go into the game for the first 20mins thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:17

Good luck trying to get the answers the fans want.

The last time, the shareholders were just palmed off when they were asked directly about the sustainability of their plan.

It`s their baw, it`s under control and we don`t need to know, basically.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:42

That`s the reality.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:46

No danger will one of these meetings happen with things as they are now. Always tend to happen after a few good results. As much as we’d love them to, why would they put themselves through the hassle of abuse? They know that’ll make up most of the event so why bother?

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:48

Never going to happen. And if it did then the answers would all just be smoke and mist anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 11:51

Quote:

OorWullie, Mon 5 Aug 11:17

Good luck trying to get the answers the fans want.

The last time, the shareholders were just palmed off when they were asked directly about the sustainability of their plan.

It`s their baw, it`s under control and we don`t need to know, basically.

It’s owned by the Germans so they can do what they like. Don’t need to tell anybody anything
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 12:19

I think that`s exactly what OorWullie is saying, JamesAndrew?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 12:37

They will need to give some answers very soon... already seen a few messages flying around for a planned protest post match on Saturday. They do tend to only hold Supporters meetings when things are either going well or alright, so their hand may be forced on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 13:54

First question that needs answered why are you refusing to Back the manager with the signings he wants

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 14:11

Quote:

Football_Par, Mon 5 Aug 13:54

First question that needs answered why are you refusing to Back the manager with the signings he wants

Easy. Because it takes us over our set football budget?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 15:39

Well then the second needs to be "Why do we have such an uncompetitive budget for this level of football?"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 15:43

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 5 Aug 15:39

Well then the second needs to be "Why do we have such an uncompetitive budget for this level of football?"

That’s better. Exactly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 18:19

Then they will say we can’t afford to keep paying for players and that’s why they have set up the training facility/ academy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 19:48

Quote:

KirklistonPar, Mon 5 Aug 18:19

Then they will say we can’t afford to keep paying for players and that’s why they have set up the training facility/ academy.

Can we afford the training facilities and academy while earning league 1 money?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:07

Who knows, we’ve no idea how much it is going to cost or run and how much we can make from hiring it out. It’s all about maximising profit from it, when the Pars players aren’t there training. I presume this is something that has been costed up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:17

When Falkirk closed theirs down, it was costing them circa 500k per year and that was a while ago now.I was surprised to hear there were no facilities for spectators.We could have charged a couple of quid for reserve games etc?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:50

I don’t think a Supporters Council Meeting is going to make a blind bit of a difference, they aren’t going to want to air their dirty laundry in public right?

It will just serve to further antagonise an already frustrated fanbase.

I’m actually dreading the game on Saturday, first home game of the season and thinking of not taking my boy over fears on how toxic the crowd is going to be if we fall behind.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 20:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:58

Don`t forget that to allow paying punters into the academy for games you would need barriers round the pitch, car parking and toilets not to mention the certification. Maybe the site just isn`t big enough or this is something that could be developed in a later phase of the development once the essentials are in place.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 21:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:06

Originally I`m sure there was going to be a wee stand etc because if you remember it was going to be shared with Rosyth. So the space will be there. Not only could we charge a couple of quid to get into reserve games, we wouldn`t need to hire out and travel to Spartans or wherever we plan on playing our games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:09

The irony of not being able to host games at our purpose built academy/training centre is not lost on me
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:56

Ticket sales look abysmal for Saturday so far. Kind of tragic how this set of circumstances is panning out. Season could have been an all-timer with a tight league and eight derbies. Let`s hope for a turnaround sharpish.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:02

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Mon 5 Aug 21:56

Ticket sales look abysmal for Saturday so far. Kind of tragic how this set of circumstances is panning out. Season could have been an all-timer with a tight league and eight derbies. Let`s hope for a turnaround sharpish.

No being funny but if a couple results go our way, the majority of all this disappears. That being said if results go against us, well… unfortunately seen that before

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:29

I`ve attended many of these sessions over the years and as much as they are "hyped up" to "get the answers we deserve" the reality is that most of the questions on the night are tame and look totally pathetic, People who have not listened/understood previous questions/answers asking a Uefa license holder who watches players in training every day "why is X playing" or "why dont we play X formation"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 15:06

If and it`s massive if they decide on having one it`s almost guaranteed it will be a select few who will be in attendance so they don`t get the hard questions asked.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 15:14

A pointless exercise if the top decision makers are absent.

Even if they did attend there is zero chance such searching questions would be answered in a meaningful way.

Then it just descends into a greetin` meeting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 15:16

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 7 Aug 15:06

If and it`s massive if they decide on having one it`s almost guaranteed it will be a select few who will be in attendance so they don`t get the hard questions asked.

I don`t know if you`ve ever been to one but it doesn`t work like that, Cammy. You have to apply online for a ticket, since there is a cap of 150 places in the Purvis Suite and it`s first come - first served.

There`s usually someone with a mic and if you stick your hand up, he`ll come over and let you ask your question.

Having said that, none of the questions are ever very taxing,

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 15:37

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 7 Aug 15:16

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 7 Aug 15:06

I don`t know if you`ve ever been to one but it doesn`t work like that, Cammy. You have to apply online for a ticket, since there is a cap of 150 places in the Purvis Suite and it`s first come - first served.

There`s usually someone with a mic and if you stick your hand up, he`ll come over and let you ask your question.

Having said that, none of the questions are ever very taxing,

I`ve been to a few. But it`s never been when things were as bad. There is probably an argument there is more need for one of these now more than ever but as per usual radio silence from the BOD.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 22:57

Quote:

NMCmassive, Mon 05 Aug 19:48

Quote:

KirklistonPar, Mon 5 Aug 18:19

Can we afford the training facilities and academy while earning league 1 money?

We can’t afford training facilities on Chanpionship money! We lost £1m last year!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 00:36

Quote:

OorWullie, Mon 5 Aug 21:09

The irony of not being able to host games at our purpose built academy/training centre is not lost on me

Considering if you drive past it it`s literally an astro pitch, an asbestos ridden building and some hidden away tiny portaloos and I assume a makeshift cabin... Yeah. It`s grim. Academy my erse
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 03:00

What exactly is a "supporters council meeting"? What is constructively achieved in that type of meeting and what is the desired outcome? Please set me straight if I`m simply ignorant to what is obvious.

I`ve seen some eyewatering word salad on X/Twitter saying "Sack the Board". It makes me wonder if our fans even know what a "board" does outside of using that catch-phrase when we aren`t playing well, because that`s what Scottish football fans do.

We`ve sacrificed our short-term first team investment to try and invest in youth and a longer term plan. It might take 10+ years to give us anything to smile about but other than occasionally having a fun, easy season in League 1 what have we really enjoyed since 2006/07 or 10/11 anyway? We`re sitting envious of Rovers flagrantly making all the mistakes we did in the Yorkston years instead of eyeing up the models of teams like St. Johnstone and St. Mirren who have earned and sustained their success through implementing the very model we`re attempting now.

In 2012, for a moment, we were staring down both barrels of not having a Pars team to support. I`m happy to watch us try a different path forward when every other one we`ve witnessed hasn`t taken us to where our support expect us to be anyway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 06:46

"What exactly is a "supporters council meeting"? What is constructively achieved in that type of meeting and what is the desired outcome? Please set me straight if I`m simply ignorant to what is obvious"

You could refer to the `Fans Charter` that would maybe help you interpret why communication and a bit of social inclusion are important. What can be achieved is the development of a collaborative environment among the collective, because that`s what a support base is, it`s a collective. Surely if it wasn`t important to communicate with fans then the club wouldn`t have bothered speaking to fan groups. Maybe try talking to Drew Main the fans SLO direct, he`ll be able help out with your understanding.
Incidentally if you`re looking to clarify the Boards position on their strategy then maybe a less abrasive tone would be more effective.
Oh, you won`t have to regurgitate too much on events back in 2012/2023, as fans we`re all aware.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 07:07

I`m not waiting "10+ years" to have something to smile about. I`ll away and find something else to do on a Saturday.

Ridiculous comment

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Thu 08 Aug 07:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 08:14

Quote:

DNCH, Thu 8 Aug 03:00
We`ve sacrificed our short-term first team investment to try and invest in youth and a longer term plan. It might take 10 years to give us anything to smile about but other than occasionally having a fun, easy season in League 1 what have we really enjoyed since 2006/07 or 10/11 anyway? We`re sitting envious of Rovers flagrantly making all the mistakes we did in the Yorkston years instead of eyeing up the models of teams like St. Johnstone and St. Mirren who have earned and sustained their success through implementing the very model we`re attempting now.

No, it’s not acceptable for a football club to sacrifice the first team, as you’ve suggested here. It’s certainly not acceptable to tell fans to wait 10 years. Fans are paying good money to support the first team. Simple as that. If you sacrifice the first team, fans walk away and there’s no money to fund anything.

As for St Johnstone and St Mirren. I’m not really seeing many similarities. Do you know how they’ve been able to afford better squads? Because they invested in the first team, got promotion to the top flight and regularly receive top flight prize money and large away crowds from the big clubs. I don’t recall either club ‘sacrificing’ the first-team at any point. I can recall both clubs having underwhelming seasons. But I also remember those clubs then getting their act together and sorting the first team. I don’t remember them trying to fix the on-field challenges by cutting its funding to the point they had 5 senior subs (and no sub keeper) when everyone’s fit.

For what it’s worth, I absolutely do not believe that the board plan to do this either. I think we’re going to see changes soon. But a fan suggesting this nonsense isn’t benefitting anyone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 08:27

“ What exactly is a "supporters council meeting"? What is constructively achieved in that type of meeting and what is the desired outcome? Please set me straight if I`m simply ignorant to what is obvious.

I`ve seen some eyewatering word salad on X/Twitter saying "Sack the Board". It makes me wonder if our fans even know what a "board" does outside of using that catch-phrase when we aren`t playing well, because that`s what Scottish football fans do.

We`ve sacrificed our short-term first team investment to try and invest in youth and a longer term plan. It might take 10+ years to give us anything to smile about but other than occasionally having a fun, easy season in League 1 what have we really enjoyed since 2006/07 or 10/11 anyway? We`re sitting envious of Rovers flagrantly making all the mistakes we did in the Yorkston years instead of eyeing up the models of teams like St. Johnstone and St. Mirren who have earned and sustained their success through implementing the very model we`re attempting now.

In 2012, for a moment, we were staring down both barrels of not having a Pars team to support. I`m happy to watch us try a different path forward when every other one we`ve witnessed hasn`t taken us to where our support expect us to be anyway.”

Hiya David, Hiya pal 👋

To even suggest that the first team should be ‘sacrificed’ is utterly ludicrous. Prize money, cup runs, gate receipts against our biggest rivals, that is what funds the things you’re talking about. To do that, you need a successful team in the park so it requires balance.

What it doesn’t require is asking fans to put their hands in the pocket constantly (Eurozone, 3k+ ST sales, home kit, record breaking away kit sales and now ANOTHER kit).

Fans don’t need reminded about that season because we remember Masterton standing in the Vine Church screaming at us demanding the £7k we’d raised be given to the club, and telling us to give him money for an illegal share issue. Milking supporters for all they are worth when there is zero evidence their hard earned cash is being invested in the product they are paying to watch, with no explanation as to where that money is in fact going, feels an awful lot like that.

Post Edited (Thu 08 Aug 08:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 11:37

How do you expect to attract decent players here if you are trying to sell them a 10 year plan when they likely won`t be here or will have long retired? You can offer youngsters a pathway to progression, but it`s a hard sell to a senior pro with limited time left in the game.Youngsters need good senior pros around them to learn from.

The team isn`t as young as some make out either.We used 14 players last week with an average age of 25.4, Airdrie(22.6), Queens Park(24.7) ,Ayr(24.8) and Falkirk(25.3) all used younger teams.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 11:57

Making comparisons with St Johnstone and St Mirren, teo clubs who were essentially gifted brand new stadiums that complied with the ridiculous stadium criteria at the time and which make money on a daily basis (St Johnstone make loads from wakes with the crematorium next door and conferencing being next to the A9, St Mirren I think have an airport car park and 5 a side dome on their grounds?) is wild.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 12:59

Topic Originator: DNCH like
Date: Thu 8 Aug 03:00

What exactly is a "supporters council meeting"? What is constructively achieved in that type of meeting and what is the desired outcome? Please set me straight if I`m simply ignorant to what is obvious.

In 2012, for a moment, we were staring down both barrels of not having a Pars team to support. I`m happy to watch us try a different path forward when every other one we`ve witnessed hasn`t taken us to where our support expect us to be anyway.

Well, this path that you suggest is costing us £1M a season, so in 10+ years, we will have lost £10M+
Do you think this is sustainable?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 13:14

DNCH must be David Cook I think.

I couldn`t imagine a proper fan coming out with sh*te like that, utter bollox man 😵‍💫

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 14:10

Invest in the first team or we are heading down and will lose many many fans. Once gone most don’t come back.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 15:15

Whatever we do as a club shouldn’t be to the sacrifice of the first team. Not going to repeat the reasons why as Digs has pretty much nailed that.

Generally, fans have little to no interest in 7-10yr plans, majority of the time the board/owners will have upped sticks over that long a period and new people will come in with a new perspective and we’d start afresh again, rinse and repeat.

With any plan like that and general principle in all project management roles, be good if we actually seen a breakdown, what are the key objectives, how are we tracking to them, how are we forecast to budget, what is the acceptance criteria for success.

Instead the comms has been truly awful, we’re getting pummelled for money when there has been hardly any investment in the playing squad and they are letting rumours of administration float about like a bad smell without feeling the need to come out and address it.

All I’ve seen from the club is some presentation slides telling us we need to play with respect, not swear at referees etc and that our objective this season is simply to win more games than last.

Ridiculous quite frankly.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 19:19

In Mr Lass-Hennemann we trust. Not long now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 19:30

How exactly did St Mirren get a free stadium? They sold Love Street to Tesco and used that money to buy land at Ferguslie and built a stadium on that. There`s nothing stopping the Pars doing that. There`s land by Lynbank hospital sitting vacant or they could do a deal to acquire part of the Fife College site further up the road. I wouldn`t be keen on either location but would support it if it reduced ongoing costs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 04:11

Do people genuinely think I`m David Cook? The first post that said "Hiya David" I re-read like 3 times because I took that to mean the guy thought he`d outed me as a supporter called David. The other replies made that clear.

I`m not trying to rile everyone up. I`m offering thoughtful disagreement.

If I had to guess; we`re financially consolidating for being relegated unexpectedly and sacking 2 managers, covering the losses of multiple postponed fixtures last year with the added bonus of having a limited budget because we took an advance from the investors to speed up the training ground/playing squad and now aren`t in a position to ask for more money (contractually). I`ll need to check the dates but I don`t think that was David Cook`s decision but his predecessor.

We can shout at the board to shake trees for money but the reality is we seem to be a club who have to self fund our immediate future and balance the books.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 07:53

Well if they go on like this this they`ll be heading for another relegation, but this time not unexpected.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:11

"Topic Originator: DNCH like
Date: Fri 9 Aug 04:11

Do people genuinely think I`m David Cook? The first post that said "Hiya David" I re-read like 3 times because I took that to mean the guy thought he`d outed me as a supporter called David. The other replies made that clear.

If I had to guess; we`re financially consolidating for being relegated unexpectedly and sacking 2 managers, covering the losses of multiple postponed fixtures last year with the added bonus of having a limited budget because we took an advance from the investors to speed up the training ground/playing squad and now aren`t in a position to ask for more money (contractually). I`ll need to check the dates but I don`t think that was David Cook`s decision but his predecessor.

We can shout at the board to shake trees for money but the reality is we seem to be a club who have to self fund our immediate future and balance the books."

You are up early, DNCH. Could you not sleep?

So you are guessing that the club is recovering from having sacked two managers?

The club lost £530K to year ending May 2022. This would have included Peter Grant`s payoff, who was sacked in October 2021. John Hughes left the club on 19th May 2022 - still in the same FY. You say sacked, but the accounts say "On 19 May 2022 John intimated his wish to stand down from his position"
That says to me he resigned and wouldn`t have been entitled to compensation.

We move along to the following season and we announce a loss of £1m for year ended May 2023. The main reason for this was stated by the CEO was being in league one.

"Playing in League One during season 2022-23 had a profound impact on some of our revenue streams – most notably central distributions from the SPFL which are very considerably smaller than those in the Championship. Away ticket sales were also very low, with the exception of the derby matches against Falkirk.
With the backing of DAFC Fussball GMBH, the club decided to retain a very competitive playing budget to give us the best chance of getting out of League One at the first attempt. Our budget for the year was based, conservatively, on ending the season in a play-off position and securing promotion by way of those additional matches. Ending the season as league champions meant, of course, that we missed out on those additional revenues. Of course, we were delighted to forego those"

The last paragraph is laughable, frankly.

We should not forget that last time we were in league one, the club made a small profit, on less crowds.
We should also not forget that the stadium sold the naming rights to KDM group for an undisclosed amount in this period ( Aug 2022 ) and Hibs sold Nisbet in June 2022

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 08:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:18

half my post missing!

We now come onto the year ended May 2024 and strong rumours are that we have lost another £1m. This is probably true as it would appear we have no money to spend on players that we really need and there is a new CFO in town.

We have been in the championship this time, so can`t use league one as the reason.

"We can shout at the board to shake trees for money but the reality is we seem to be a club who have to self fund our immediate future and balance the books."

So who should be held accountable that we find ourselves in the position of having to balance the books. Does the CEO have to carry the can, as in any other business?

Our financial mismanagement over the last few years has meant that relegation might well be on the agenda again this season?

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 08:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:32

I don`t care if you`re David Cook, Captain Cook or ye cannae cook. You`re not offering a thoughtful disagreement at all, you`re offering a defence of a failing business strategy that sees us with hefty consecutive losses and not a pot to pi$$ in.
DAFC Fussball GmbH are about being sustainable and rightly so, but given the losses I`d say that aspiration isn`t being serviced very well at the moment. Let`s hope we see some root cause analysis on the hemorrhaging of cash and the situation being arrested with immediate effect. Also, instead of all this endless speculation and conjecture, let`s hear the Boards side of things. Exibit some leadership and consideration toward the fanbase which would result in a bit more respect alround.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:36

Quote:

OorWullie, Fri 9 Aug 08:18

So who should be held accountable that we find ourselves in the position of having to balance the books. Does the CEO have to carry the can, as in any other business?

Our financial mismanagement over the last few years has meant that relegation might well be on the agenda again this season?

There’s no accountability from anyone running the club, let’s be honest. Nobody seems willing to admit they made mistakes. In the Living True Sportsmanship stuff, we’ve listed ‘accountability’ as a club value. Are the directors/management of the club not supposed to abide by these values, or is it just everyone around them, because they’re bigger than the club?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:50

Right now maybe some of their egos are getting in the way of their better judgement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:52

I like to be careful about talking the club into relegation before the season has started. I do think that it`s going to be a challenging season, but if the players stay fit, I do believe that we have an opportunity to make the playoffs. I would agree that we need a couple of players to bolster the team, but in all likelihood, these will be loans.

You can not hide from the financial constraints that the club is under, and I would be concerned by any director or investor throwing money at it as a gamble to get into the premiership. The sustainable approach that has been widely communicated to me is the right way forward with investment in training and development facilities. To me, this is a lower risk investment in the club to bring about the success we all want. Short term ie this season we will have to make the most of it. We need to recognise the constraints the manager and players are under and support them this season in my view. It just compounds the issue. The team needs the supporters behind them. At the end of the day we are still in a better position now than we were a few years ago. We all want success but it depends what the measure of success looks like. Promotion to the premiership is a goal but the financial cost to buy a team may not lead to the long term success for the club. I think Livingston will be the testimony to that this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:52

Pure speculation on my part but a few things on the subject of departing managers. Regardless of how they leave there can still be a pay off. Also, the way it`s described in press releases isn`t necessarily the full picture.

Then there`s funding the departure. Those payments could be up front or could be in installments, potentially ending up in the next financial year. Even if they don`t, there`s a knock on effect. Paying for the termination while paying wages of a replacement/s might mean that other outgoings are deferred or just can`t happen.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 14:57

Quote:

DNCH, Fri 9 Aug 04:11

We can shout at the board to shake trees for money but the reality is we seem to be a club who have to self fund our immediate future and balance the books.

Jeezo Dave! Calm doon like!

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 15:09

Quote:

Indiapar, Fri 9 Aug 08:52

I like to be careful about talking the club into relegation before the season has started. I do think that it`s going to be a challenging season, but if the players stay fit, I do believe that we have an opportunity to make the playoffs. I would agree that we need a couple of players to bolster the team, but in all likelihood, these will be loans.

You can not hide from the financial constraints that the club is under, and I would be concerned by any director or investor throwing money at it as a gamble to get into the premiership. The sustainable approach that has been widely communicated to me is the right way forward with investment in training and development facilities. To me, this is a lower risk investment in the club to bring about the success we all want. Short term ie this season we will have to make the most of it. We need to recognise the constraints the manager and players are under and support them this season in my view. It just compounds the issue. The team needs the supporters behind them. At the end of the day we are still in a better position now than we were a few years ago. We all want success but it depends what the measure of success looks like. Promotion to the premiership is a goal but the financial cost to buy a team may not lead to the long term success for the club. I think Livingston will be the testimony to that this season.

Who are you kidding?

COYP

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 15:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 15:12

Methinks the lady doth protest too much 😂

For someone that’s guessing that’s some pretty specific guess work.

Listen, I couldn’t care less if you are or you aren’t, I’m not being entirely serious in case you couldn’t guess by the emojis. However, as pointed out above, you’re not offering an alternative viewpoint that actually defends the current situation because we’re pretty far short of the objectives by any reasonable measure.

I personally think the new CFO has a lot of work to do and there are likely to be some choppy waters and tough decisions to be made on the near future but whatever happens, it has to be balanced with supporting the first team and the manager better than we are at the moment. If not, we can have a sustainable model in place but that goes right out the window if the division we are playing in changes or we scrape by and survive with lower prize money than we budgeted for, resulting in further cuts.

Stair Maistreas na Beatha
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 15:33

Quote:

DNCH, Fri 9 Aug 04:11

Yes David yes we do I also think your jacket is on an incredibly shoogly peg as for thoughtful disagreement nah all you are offering is excuses we’ve been down this road before remember there is not a chance in hell the fans will let the club go on bleeding money the way it is for as long as we did last time before we take action I think I speak for pretty much everyone here when I say this we never let our club die before we sure as hell ain’t going to let it die this time….if you are David cook then you have been warned
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 15:55

Imagine a CEO posting on a fans forum under a pseudonym ?

Lass-Hennemann is coming for you

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 16:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 16:26

Quote:

OorWullie, Fri 9 Aug 15:55

Imagine a CEO posting on a fans forum under a pseudonym ?

Lass-Hennemann is coming for you

Was that Karen`s job title? Plus ça change, eh?

That said, I don`t think it`s him. Others, though, might be furious that the time he spent on here, establishing a credible backstory, would have been better spent doing his job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 16:29

I’d forgotten about her. Thanks for reminding me 😞
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 00:10

DNCH. care to reply to my posts ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 00:16

Quote:

OorWullie, Sun 11 Aug 00:10

DNCH. care to reply to my posts ?

He’s too busy writing out a P45 for James McPake to reply to messages

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 07:56

Think it`s time the lifeline funds were diverted directly to the 1st team
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 17:20

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 11 Aug 07:56

Think it`s time the lifeline funds were diverted directly to the 1st team

Understatement…

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 19:22

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/5056874/dunfermline-fans-pars-board-east-end-park/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 19:56

Why can`t the Courier try and get an interview with someone from the club rather than just regurgitating the questions fans have been asking?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 20:02

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Aug 19:56

Why can`t the Courier try and get an interview with someone from the club rather than just regurgitating the questions fans have been asking?

Might be easier getting an interview with Prince Andrew than David Cook?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 20:04

Maybe the Courier have put in a request and the club have turned them down
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 20:13

Don`t you think they would say so if that was the case?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 20:31

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Aug 20:13

Don`t you think they would say so if that was the case?

Why should they? The board are hiding, they arent going to go do an interview with the Courier when fans are calling for their heads 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 22:19

Most reputable newspapers would add a sentence at the end saying `DAFC were contacted for comment`. I thought there was more to newspaper reporting than simply reproducing stuff from social media.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 22:45

Quote:

OorWullie, Mon 12 Aug 19:22

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/5056874/dunfermline-fans-pars-board-east-end-park/

Typical lazy reporting from the courier. Read the forums, write a summary instead of getting off their backsides and doing some real journalism and getting dive answers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 22:46

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Mon 12 Aug 20:04

Maybe the Courier have put in a request and the club have turned them down

Then they would be delighted to write, "we asked DAFC for a comment but none was forthcoming" at the end of the article.

EDIT: didn't see Wee Eck had replied with the same. 👍

Post Edited (Mon 12 Aug 22:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 08:28

Quote:

OorWullie, Mon 12 Aug 20:02

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Aug 19:56

Might be easier getting an interview with Prince Andrew than David Cook?

Nae sweat it’s easier to get an interview with Andrew…

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net