DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sam Young
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 08:17

Feel like Young deserves a post with him being one of our own! He’s came into the first team at the age of 18 and looks extremely confident and strong alongside Fogarty. He’s a classic no nonsense defender whose main aim is to get the ball away from danger without doing anything fancy and kept last seasons best attacking team extremely quiet last night.

Credit to McPake as well for having the balls to play him ahead of Fisher and Breen (who have both been very disappointing since our promotion to league one). I would imagine Brian Graham will target Young next week but I have no doubt that he will be up to the challenge based on his last few games.

It would be incredible to see us sign Fogarty and Toby permanently but I think they are both destined for greater things. The defence finally looks much stronger and it’s so refreshing to see players have confidence in their goalkeeper.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sam Young
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 08:59

Agree 100%.

Was impressed with Young against East Fife and he carried that performance into last night.

Can already see a relationship between, Young the GK and Fogarty developing. Early days of course and there will be games more testing than last night.

And also agree that McPake deserves credit because he could easily have played Fisher so as not to have an 18 and 20 year old CB pairing in front of a 21 year old GK but he backed them and they strolled it.

Looking forward to seeing how they do next week at Thistle.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 09:29

Since coming on as a sub v Ayr at half time we haven`t let in a goal

I wonder if he will keep a fit Bene out the team? I`m happy for him to do on current form, but Bene is the captain and I wouldn`t be completely shocked if he came back in for him

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 10:10

He was absolutely outstanding.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 10:20

Never change a winning team!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 10:25

He didn`t look out of place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 10:48

Probably our most valuable player in terms of possible sales along with Otoo currently. Hope he keeps improving
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 10:55

The emergence of Sam Young, virtually `overnight`, is a classic example of how things can change very quickly in football and why we shouldn`t assume our destiny is pre-determined by our start to the season. We should all try to show a little more patience and a little more imagination.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 11:03

Playing well and it’s good to see him get a chance ahead of breen and fisher, him and fogarty kept it tight even though raith struggled to get forward after the sending off so perhaps not the best game to judge him but has done well in all games he’s played.

Hopefully they can get a string of games to increase understanding and settle in.

Liked the look of cooper, perhaps a little bit lightweight but always looking to get forward will cause problems due to his running with the ball, defo one to keep an eye on and might turn out to be a better prospect than Todd.

The keeper looks like a big upgrade, imagine having him taking the goal kicks in Bert paton’s team, we could just load the oppositions box with our giants!

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 11:11

Interesting to see that the keeper will not just take the ball to feet and wait till a defender makes themselves available to the pass. He mixes it up by punting leaving defenders to push up I.e. completely missing them.
He has such a fast kick out, leading to one guy shouting shooooot when he got the ball to feet. 🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 11:31

Agreed the Keeper is a huge upgrade , likes to get the ball upfield quickly our forwards perhaps our forwards need to realise that.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 11:42

Young’s emergence has been fantastic to see. I hope that he can retain his place in the team when Bene is back available from injury as it would be a pity to see us do to Young what we done to Callum Smith.

Smith started the season well alongside McManus and then Clark came back, Smith was dropped and was never quite the same afterwards. Completely understand Clark was on a packet and the better player but we could’ve absolutely managed the situation better.

Young, Foggarty & Tobi brought about a huge amount of calm that we’ve lacked at the back for some months. Sure the Rovers weren’t at their best but they fulfilled their roles, didn’t do anything silly and guided us to a clean sheet. 1 or 2 shakey moments from Young in terms of mis-kicks but he done well to recover and didn’t get flustered when they happened. Great complete from a lad so young.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 11:54

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 14 Sep 10:55

The emergence of Sam Young, virtually `overnight`, is a classic example of how things can change very quickly in football and why we shouldn`t assume our destiny is pre-determined by our start to the season. We should all try to show a little more patience and a little more imagination.

Patience on here?

Sam was very assured, looked a very experienced player for being so Young. (Sic)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 12:20

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 14 Sep 10:55

He’s certainly not suddenly emerged. I’d argue he should have played much more last season, especially when we were shoehorning midfielders in there

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 13:56

Seasoned that’s unfair to say there’s a lack of patience on here.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 14:25

Could argue the lack of patience with the running of the club is what pushed the board to actually get in Foggarty and co
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 14:37

Young took a sore one when Foggarty nutted him,just picked himself up and got on with the game.Testimate to both of them that we havent missed Benedictus.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 14:42

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 14 Sep 13:56

I’m not biting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 20:27

Hes done very well and slightly unexpected from what ive seen of him in the reserves. He marshalled the physical ayr attack a few weeks ago very well and again last night but i think the true test of where he will be at is when he makes a mistake or has the potential to get a bit of a lesson from a player the calibre of Brian Graham next week. Saying that long may his form continue, hopefully the fans stick by him and time for Breen, Fish and Bene to get their finger out!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 07:12

Not an attempt at a bite seasoned. For example look at the support McCann has on this site as an example, he’s been around the first team for 5-6 seasons now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 09:41

......doing your best to turn yet another thread into one degrading Lewis McCann, who was good again on Friday night

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 15 Sep 09:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 22:45

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 14 Sep 13:56

☝🏻🤷🏻‍♂️

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 22:49

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sep 07:12

Not an attempt at a bite seasoned. For example look at the support McCann has on this site as an example, he’s been around the first team for 5-6 seasons now.

That’s more like the Berkey I’m used to seeing.

Turning a positive thread about an unrelated player into a negative thread about Lewis McCann-even though McCann has just played really well in a well deserved derby victory 😂

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 06:55

Quote:

NMCmassive, Mon 16 Sep 22:49

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sep 07:12

That’s more like the Berkey I’m used to seeing.

Turning a positive thread about an unrelated player into a negative thread about Lewis McCann-even though McCann has just played really well in a well deserved derby victory 😂

He needs help
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 08:17

Deliberately didnt mention McCann in initial response only to be accused of trying to get a bite.

Again show me where I’m wrong…..plenty patience shown with McCann, who could argue with that?

Post Edited (Tue 17 Sep 08:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 09:08

I think you`re maybe conflating patience with support.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 10:00

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 17 Sept 08:17

Deliberately didnt mention McCann in initial response only to be accused of trying to get a bite.

Well you certainly proved us all wrong going by your next post and every one after that......go you

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 10:37

Will Sam Young be dropped as soon as Bene is fit? As often young players form tails off ,after s good start.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 15:03

I hope management go with the same starting 11.But I have a feeling if Bene is fit management will for with him against Graham
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 15:12

Quote:

Rigger Al, Tue 17 Sept 15:03

I hope management go with the same starting 11.But I have a feeling if Bene is fit management will for with him against Graham

Every chance management would want to protect a young lad just starting out as a senior pro, with only a handful of games behind him, from an experienced, wily, physical opponent. If the club captain is fully fit, he`ll go straight in, Sam will go on the bench and he`ll totally understand the manager`s decision.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 15:19

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 17 Sep 15:12

Quote:

Every chance management would want to protect a young lad just starting out as a senior pro, with only a handful of games behind him, from an experienced, wily, physical opponent. If the club captain is fully fit, he`ll go straight in, Sam will go on the bench and he`ll totally understand the manager`s decision.

that was my thoughts
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 15:37

I’d be disappointed if Young dropped out tbh. He’s had the nod ahead of Breen and Fisher and played well. Can see understanding building between the ‘keeper, Fogarty and Young.

Also, would Bene be mobile enough to play in the two? Has definitely lost a yard of pace over the last year. If he comes back in, it could be in the centre of a 3.

Would hope for the same team, or potentially Cooper in for KRH.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 15:37

I take a longer term view.

Sam has shown that he`s capable at this level in the last couple of games and he`ll learn a lot playing against Brian Graham. Short term that might cost us some points (although he might rise to the challenge). I reckon the improvements in Sam`s game that`ll come from playing against the likes of Graham will be worth more points over the course of the season.

I`d prefer Kyle got back to full fitness before being chucked in - last couple of games it`s looked like his legs have gone.

Sam to start for me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 16:16

I`d be very surprised if Mcpake changes a winning team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 16:37

Quote:

Bandy, Tue 17 Sept 15:37

I take a longer term view.

Sam has shown that he`s capable at this level in the last couple of games and he`ll learn a lot playing against Brian Graham. Short term that might cost us some points (although he might rise to the challenge). I reckon the improvements in Sam`s game that`ll come from playing against the likes of Graham will be worth more points over the course of the season.

I`d prefer Kyle got back to full fitness before being chucked in - last couple of games it`s looked like his legs have gone.

Sam to start for me.

There`s a lot of merit in your logic, Bandy. If Sam gets the nod and puts Graham in his back pocket, what a fantastic confidence boost that will give him. If Graham was to grab a few goals, he`ll be able to put it down to a learning experience and hopefully, come back stronger.

If Bene not fit enough to start, that`ll make McPake`s decision a whole lot easier.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 17:20

Sam Young has played really well this season. He`s had to wait for his chance but has taken it in his stride. Did really well for the reserves last year and showed maturity beyond his years whenever he was interviewed. I hope he keeps his place.

I was really impressed when I saw Fogarty on Friday so I look forward to seeing how he does against Graham. I hope he targets Graham in the air with Young backing him up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 23:42

Quote:

Quote:

Our mindset in this country of having to protect youngster and bleed them in is mental 🤦🏻‍♂️ other clubs and countries throw youngsters in against the best and if they play well they stay there……Lamine Yamal, Foden, Bellingham, Conor Bradley, Walcott, Rooney, Pedri, Gavi, Mainoo all to name a few but up here we cant risk them having a bad game. No wonder we have barely anyone coming through the ranks……
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 23:47

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 17 Sep 23:42

Quote:

Quote:

Our mindset in this country of having to protect youngster and bleed them in is mental 🤦🏻‍♂️ other clubs and countries throw youngsters in against the best and if they play well they stay there……Lamine Yamal, Foden, Bellingham, Conor Bradley, Walcott, Rooney, Pedri, Gavi, Mainoo all to name a few but up here we cant risk them having a bad game. No wonder we have barely anyone coming through the ranks……

Maybe not the best example using Gavi and Pedri. Both were literally played to the point they have severe injuries. Add in Ansu Fati as well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 00:42

There`s no indication on this season`s evidence, so far, that Graham is any better than Raith Rovers much Vaughanted strikers and his legs are a year older too. Sam looks the part and I bet he`s raring to go. Nothing like the ambition of youth. He deserves the chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 07:19

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 18 Sep 00:42

There`s no indication on this season`s evidence, so far, that Graham is any better than Raith Rovers much Vaughanted strikers and his legs are a year older too. Sam looks the part and I bet he`s raring to go. Nothing like the ambition of youth. He deserves the chance.

Why just look at Raith Rovers? Anton Dowds has 5 goals in 6 games, Oli Shaw has 3 goals in 6 games. Both are experienced strikers. Sam Young has played 45 minutes against each and not looked out of place. Sam Young should be a starter right now, even if everyone is fit. He’s earned that spot. No point in having the ‘protection’ discussion until his form does drop off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 08:20

Stick with same back crowd, don`t break something that`s not bust, bene has had poor start this year, let him fight for his place.
Just let the front lads start to score goals, and not depend on superb long range shots, deflections and free kicks.
COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 08:58

Finally looking fairly rigid at the back, especially the central 3. Has to keep the same back line
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 09:28

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 17 Sep 23:47

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 17 Sep 23:42

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe not the best example using Gavi and Pedri. Both were literally played to the point they have severe injuries. Add in Ansu Fati as well

They may have but they have also featured over 20 times for their countries first team and they are only 20 and 21 respectively. The point I was really getting at was worldwide there are youngsters playing at the top levels, but for some reason we feel like we should leave them be for a while….
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 10:00

A lot of fans pay lip service to a policy of youth development but not so many are keen to give promising young players a chance. As soon as one emerges the usual response on here is `get him out on loan`. We`re playing in the Championship. Hopefully we can produce players good enough to play immediately at that level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 12:53

I suppose it is an assessment of the player on an individual basis and what stage they believe they are at. For players I imagine it`s at different ages. There is no one size fits all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 13:03

To be fair, Sam Young was put out on loan very early but McPake recognised his potential and promoted him to the first-team squad at the start of the season.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net