DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Player update
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 07:36

Per manager on COWS Todd has been doing full training with the squad and looking good. Bene is improving and getting a scan on his hamstring today but is unlikely to be available for Saturday. Mebude and Clay are still at the club and could play as trialists for the reserves against Falkirk next Tuesday.

If seems to be taking an awful long time to come to a decision re Clay.

Post Edited (Thu 19 Sep 07:38)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Player update
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 08:18

I wonder if they are thinking if Todd gets back to full fitness and back in the first team, then are they going to need Clay. Seems to have been here a long time for no contract being offered, you would think the player himself would be wanting to get it settled or get off to a club where he is going to get a deal
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 08:34

On the other hand, if they aren`t going to sign a player to cover left back, Otoo is the only alternative there and Clay would provide additional cover in midfield. From what I saw of him in the reserve match v QP he would be a capable addition. I can`t believe he has hung around so long, presumably without pay, unless an offer is likely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 12:18

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 19 Sept 08:34

On the other hand, if they aren`t going to sign a player to cover left back, Otoo is the only alternative there and Clay would provide additional cover in midfield. From what I saw of him in the reserve match v QP he would be a capable addition. I can`t believe he has hung around so long, presumably without pay, unless an offer is likely.

As you say wee eck, I think it`s positive he is still training with us. Without inside knowledge it`s hard to say what the position is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 12:24

The manager would`ve signed Clay a couple of weeks ago. The board are the hold up on that front.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 13:12

Yeah that would be my concern we`ve done ok recently does the board once again think we have a squad good enough to just get on with it without further recruitment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 13:15

Both players are there as manager rates than and they will improve team/squad, its is just a matter of waiting on board signing off money and contracts

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 13:44

considering what he has gone through since the turn of the year they are never going to sign Mebude without seeing him in a game first, even after that it might only happen if Sutherland goes out on loan.

would i sign Clay if he is after similar money to what he was on down south, to be a backup and basically only play if there is an injury in another position? no chance.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 14:04

Quote:

dpard, Thu 19 Sept 12:24

The manager would`ve signed Clay a couple of weeks ago. The board are the hold up on that front.

Are they, aye?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 16:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 19 Sept 14:04

Quote:

dpard, Thu 19 Sept 12:24

Are they, aye?

Thanks for the reply da. If you have heard differently or feel I am incorrect that is fine. 👍
I just passed on the information I was given in this instance. Have a great day.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 16:25

It feels like the likeliest thing going on. Same happened with Cooper training for a fair while out of contract.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 17:26

McPake must be very persuasive if he can convince players to continue training with us indefinitely with no guarantee of a contract at the end of it. Cooper was understandable as he was probably desperate to get back into full-time football but you would think a seasoned pro like Clay would have plenty of other options available.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 17:37

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 19 Sept 17:26

McPake must be very persuasive if he can convince players to continue training with us indefinitely with no guarantee of a contract at the end of it. Cooper was understandable as he was probably desperate to get back into full-time football but you would think a seasoned pro like Clay would have plenty of other options available.

It may be that he lives up here and has ties here?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 17:46

I noticed that when Clay got revealed as a Sutton player last year he was jointly unveiled with Josh Coley.They got relegated from the English leagues in the end so maybe there aren`t many options available to him at a decent level? He wouldn`t be likely to be hanging about here if other offers were on the table.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 20:25

Anyone gives the real answer to conundrums that exist in Scottish football is beyond me

Post Edited (Thu 19 Sep 20:26)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net