DAFC.net
Home 19 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 2 for Tuesday - Livingston (H) 29th October
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 18:22

Good promotion the club are running for the livi game. Might upset the season ticket holders though.

One free ticket with any adult or concession ticket purchased.

Will be interesting if it adds anything to the gate given how we approach game, current performances and our subsequent league position.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 2 for Tuesday - Livingston (H) 29th October
Topic Originator: Stevie d  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 18:35

Season ticket holders fleeced yet again 😡

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 18:38

Quote:

Stevie d, Fri 18 Oct 18:35

Not sure about being fleeced , but I do feel we`re being taken for granted . Think it`ll be game by game for me next season .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 19:07

Quote:

Parsweep, Fri 18 Oct 18:38

Quote:

Stevie d, Fri 18 Oct 18:35

Not sure about being fleeced , but I do feel we`re being taken for granted . Think it`ll be game by game for me next season .

I’m starting to think about that myself. Basically throwing £400 at the club every year plus all the strips etc for the kids and it’s increasing feeling like it’s taken for granted.

That being said, Livi aren’t exactly a well supported club so it’s probably a good game to choose for some sort of promotion to get as many seats filled as possible 🤷🏻‍♂️

COYP

Post Edited (Fri 18 Oct 19:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 19:08

I understand the reason for trying this, but it’s a slap in the face for season ticket holders.

Why not allow a season ticket holder to bring along a friend for free as well?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 18 Oct 19:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 19:21

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 18 Oct 19:08

I understand the reason for trying this, but it’s a slap in the face for season ticket holders.

Why not allow a season ticket holder to bring along a friend for free as well?

That would be the obvious solution. I bet they amend the offer to include this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 19:35

Would that not result in potential walk-ups finding an ST holder to get them in for free and there would be virtually no tickets sold for the game?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 20:30

An interesting idea, not unlike the "buy one get one free" sometimes offered by supermarkets.

I can well understand that some ST holders will feel irked by this development, that their loyalty is taken for granted. I can also understand the club`s position; an evening game against poorly supported opposition is perhaps an ideal opportunity to get some extra fans along with this tempting promotion. The club will also hope that those extra folk who do come along will enjoy the game sufficiently to come again, paying the full walk-up price.

I don`t want to get all religious, but this reminds me of the Workers in the Vineyards parable Jesus told his followers. In the story, a vineyard owner hires workers from 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, and 5 pm. At 6 pm, he arranges for every worker to be paid the same (1 dinar). Naturally, those who put in a 12 hour shift are more than a tad upset. The vineyard owner gently reminds them that they were all happy to work for that sum when he approached them.

Translate this into the Pars promotion, and we come up with this;

What skin is it off any ST holder`s nose if another fan gets in for a bargain price for a single game? Your ST hasn`t gone up in price, and presumably, you were happy to pay the asking price. I`m not trying to be a smartass here - just presenting a different way of looking at it.

I think Raymie`s suggestion that ST holders should be given a free ticket for the game has a lot of merit and would immediately diffuse any anger among ST holders. The last thing the club can afford to do is to alienate its most loyal fans. It will be interesting to see if this deserving suggestion is adopted.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Fri 18 Oct 20:33)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DAPAR  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 20:38

Sensible take as ever GG. The Bible ain`t necessarily always wrong headed ... although it often is. Put me in the non disgruntled ST holder column.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stevie d  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 21:48

What about last season and the season before when they reduced walk up prices for some games. More kicks in the teeth there.
Season tickets still go up every season.
Not even the offer of a free pie or something to appease fans somehow. Yes there`s early bird for ST holders but not everyone can take that up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 22:14

Was there an early bid offer this season? I don`t remember one. People have the choice to do what they like. I`ve already missed one home game this season but I don`t regret buying a ST. It helps the club having cash upfront.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net