DAFC.net
Home 02 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Suella Braverman
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 15:22

Surely her tea`s oot now! Not only is she in trouble over the security of e-mails, she has apparently breached the ministerial code over cancelling hotel bookings for asylum seekers.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Suella Braverman
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 15:40

And turns out the email security breaches weren’t a one of either
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 17:04

Only six of them! So far….

Making statement in 10 mins. Resignation surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 17:05

The Tory Circus is back in Town

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 19:27

Another Horrid Person who is well out her depth :-

Home Secretary Suella Braverman has challenged critics to try to "get rid of me", as she denied ignoring legal advice on housing asylum seekers.

She rejected claims she blocked the use of hotels to ease overcrowding pressure at a migrant processing centre.

She said her policies were designed to repel an "invasion" on the south coast.
But Labour said Ms Braverman was not fit for office and undermined Rishi Sunak`s claim he was bringing integrity back to government.

Labour`s shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said decision-making at the Home Office had "collapsed" on Ms Braverman`s watch and asked how "anyone is supposed to have confidence" in her.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 19:44

One of her own MPs shook his head when she said she did not block the use of hotels.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 19:50

Hopefully something close to "I`m a fighter not a quiter"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 20:09

If I sent confidential emails from my work account to a Gmail account and then forwarded them on to the wrong person, and then didn`t take an attempt to rectify the issue seriously, or tried to cover it up, I`d get my jotters. Quite rightly too.
For her to be in that job and do this beggars belief. She is not fit for the job and needs to be sacked immediately, there`s no excuse
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 08:34

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 31 Oct 20:09

If I sent confidential emails from my work account to a Gmail account and then forwarded them on to the wrong person, and then didn`t take an attempt to rectify the issue seriously, or tried to cover it up, I`d get my jotters. Quite rightly too.
For her to be in that job and do this beggars belief. She is not fit for the job and needs to be sacked immediately, there`s no excuse

For her to get her job back less than a week after her repeated breaches doesn`t just beggar belief - it`s absolutely incredible!

And the man who gave Cruella her job back is the PM! 😨
You couldn`t make it up....

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Tue 01 Nov 08:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 11:22

All becomes a lot clearer now!🤔😲🤬

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/suella-braverman-refused-hotel-bookings-migrants-tory-areas/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 11:34

The only decent thing Schapps did!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-31/uk-officials-accuse-braverman-of-unlawful-decision-on-migrants
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 08:41

From Aunty :-

The Home Secretary Suella Braverman is eyeing up three more countries - Paraguay, Peru and Belize - where migrants could be sent.

The paper says a source has revealed that another African country - on top of Rwanda - is "also in the mix".

A government spokesperson said ministers were "committed to working with a range of international partners" to tackle the global migration crisis.

Or we could just abandon them at the railway station and bus stop

Post Edited (Thu 03 Nov 09:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 09:44

We’ve got thousands of Ukrainian refugees stuck on old cruise ships. Spaces smaller than legal requirement for prisoners.
Incompetence doesn’t just exist over the border.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 09:51

I did notice that yesterday when John Swinney was announcing the spending cuts from Holyrood (some might call it an austerity program) that part of the reason was to help pay for the Ukrainian refugees that we`ve taken in. Now imagine that was a Tory minister in Westminster saying that austerity measures were being taken to help pay for a refugee crisis. You`d be hearing all about scape goats and dog whistles.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 19:14

From Aunty :-

Making Priti look like the Fairy Godmother

The Home Secretary Suella Braverman is facing a potentially major court battle over the safety of women and children at the Manston centre in Kent.

Details of the first legal case were released by lawyers as she toured the overrun facility on Thursday.

The action, which is at its earliest stages, alleges ministers left a woman in "egregiously defective conditions".

If the home secretary does not address the allegations, judges will be asked to hear the case in full.

The Home Office said it would respond to the claim but would not comment publicly on legally proceedings.

The legal action against Ms Braverman, also involving the charity Detention Action, alleges there is evidence of:

* Routine and prolonged unlawful detention in the facility
* A failure to implement "essential safeguarding measures" for children
* Adult men sleeping alongside women and children they are not related to
* Migrants exposed to infectious diseases amid poor sanitation
* No means for the detainees to get legal advice about why they are being held

Detention Action said its case was focused on ending "serious threats" to the safety of children.

"We have taken this action out of serious concern for the welfare of thousands of people, including children, still being detained at Manston for periods far beyond legal limits," said Jamie Wilson, deputy director of the charity.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 20:21

Leaving a group of asylum seekers, from Marston on their own in London “by mistake” last night won’t help her one bit either. It was only due to the actions of a local charity passerby that the group, who were extremely distressed, were taken to a nearby shelter.

Such a disgraceful way to treat fellow human beings.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 08:39

Flies 20miles from Dover to Marston in a Chinook helicopter?🤔😲💩
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 09:02

They`re taking the P big style. When you think back to the scandals of the 90s and early 00s they are so insignificant.

We`re about to see one of the dodgiest MPs in history go on a reality TV show to make himself appear more human FFS.

How do people still vote Tory?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 10:26

But the helicopter visibly supports the narrative that she`s defending us from invaders
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 11:34

£3,500 for the "trip" apparently!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 19:28

She Has got to Go Now :-

We`ve already said "goodbye"
Since you gotta go, oh you`d better
Go now, go now, go now
Before you see me cry

Council bosses have said they were not consulted or notified by the Home Office about the arrival of 55 migrants to a hotel at a seaside resort.

North Devon Council said the hotel in Ilfracombe was an "unsuitable location" for them due to its remoteness.

North Devon MP Selaine Saxby asked the Home Office directly for an "urgent and detailed consultation" with the council.

The Home Office said the use of hotels was a "short-term solution".

Councillor David Worden, leader of the council, said he was told in October by the government that the hotel would not be used to house migrants.

He said: "We were not consulted or formally notified about this change in direction from the Home Office, nor do we have a full understanding at this stage of their intentions for the hotel`s future use."

Just leave them at the Station :-(

Post Edited (Fri 04 Nov 19:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 07:39

Even the soppy BBC are reporting that the largest group of migrants are young men from perfectly peaceful but poor Albania. Their understandable desire to escape poverty is being exploited in some cases by drug trafficking gangsters who offer to pay the “fare” to England if they agree to work for them.

Albania has applied to join the EU, and that could eventually improve living standards and employment prospects to make the risky escape route unnecessary.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 07:58

In an independent Scotland we`d perhaps send ships down to the northern French Coast and bring the refugees and economic migrants straight up here.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 10:17

....who would promptly head for the border!

Even though it would a hard border as dictated by the EU there would be plenty of gaps to sneak over...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 12:41

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 5 Nov 10:17

....who would promptly head for the border!

Even though it would a hard border as dictated by the EU there would be plenty of gaps to sneak over...

I wouldn`t imagine they would want to head to poor, little england when they could settle in the richer, friendlier, fairer country, that an independent Scotland would be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 14:01

Norway and Sweden have a "hard border" yet when I went travelling around there my passport was only checked when I went from EU Sweden to EU Denmark on the train, because Denmark was concerned about migration from Sweden. Norway is also Schengen by the way, despite not being in the EU - i.e. perfectly free movement into and out of the EU.

That`s because right wing xenophobes are a much bigger threat to free movement within Europe than the EU, that can`t be up for debate surely?

Post Edited (Tue 08 Nov 14:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 14:40

I wonder how Michael Portillo gets on, he spends half his life on trains

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 21:09

I can always tell when you know you messed up because you make a flippant remark about something completely unrelated to the point.

What evidence is there that the EU would impose a hard border?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 09:45

You`re opinions mince, away and sook on Braverman`s toes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 11:36

Sturgeon has already conceded there would be a hard border. She has identified trunk roads for custom checks.
You could ask her in between licks of her fat bottom .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 17:27

There 100% would be a hard border but I don`t understand why this is considered such a big deal. It takes seconds going through a border.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:49

It depends on the wider agreement you have in terms of trade and immigration rules. If Scotland rejoined the EU and England/rUK were significantly diverging from EU rules it might increase the need for physical checks of good crossing the borders along with the increased paper work checks. If there was full regulatory alignment under a single arbiter whether that was an EU court or a separate Trade Court then in theory it should be pretty much frictionless.

Should be easier for people but again comes down to what`s agreed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 12:12

The EU planned to block covid vaccines manufactured in the EU being imported to the UK via the Irish border. Just an example of how they rule the roost

They never informed any of the politicians on either side. The Irish PM went ballistic , and they backed down.

I do like Michael Martin btw, always comes across as very reasonable and keen to find common ground. I think it would take a lot to make him lose his cool.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 12:48

Spain making waves about the 90 day rule, obviously affecting their economy, they want it abolished.

Of course the agreement would be reciprocal with Spaniards being allowed access to UK, would it happen in the same way as Eire residents have been allowed?

Little England will be rioting!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 21:31

This is about all the retired Brits who want to overwinter over there for four/five months but are not residents.They keep Spanish resorts and hotel economy ticking over in the off season.

I don’t think many Spaniards want to oversummer over here never mind overwinter.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 00:32

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 12 Nov 21:31

This is about all the retired Brits who want to overwinter over there for four/five months but are not residents.They keep Spanish resorts and hotel economy ticking over in the off season.

I don’t think many Spaniards want to oversummer over here never mind overwinter.

Yeah, cheaper staying in Benidorm than the UK, just on heating bills alone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 12:51

I thought it was 6 months?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 15:02

i think its 6 months over a year, but you can`t do that in one go... so i think you can have 90days max and then you must return for 90 days before you can do your next 90?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 15:39

90 in 180 days, have to do a shuttle, no big deal for holidays.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 16:39

Fail to see how that would be a massive issue for many people. Either they live there permanently (or near enough) or go for a couple of months over winter.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 17:17

Yeah it`s the UK students that are missing out on a foreign education experience, I believe Braverman was one such student?🤔😲🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 20:22

And it`s nice to know that 321 MP`s have freedom of movement due to acquiring EU passports!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 15:53

Aye it`s 90 days within a 180 day period for UK citizens entering the EU at the moment. So you can be in Schengen for 180 days out of a calendar year in two separate 90 day stints.

Strangely, last time I came into Edinburgh (and also to Bristol) the British passport didn`t work with the electronic gates but the Swedish one did. Had that problem a good few times with the new Blue passport actually. I suppose though, it is made in France... 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 18:51

My old maroon one worked in the Tenerife scanner and the Edinburgh one no problems, for a change.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 21:33

See I just thought it was funny that the Swedish one let me in without any stamp or whatever. Left on the British one as well, so I might be squatting in the UK as an illegal Swedish immigrant somewhere on the UK Home Office databases. Oh well...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 18:24

OOPS :- any one seen Cruella ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64400235

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 19:08

She wasn`t in Parliament yesterday to answer questions about the missing children.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 19:26

Saw her today at PM`s questions and she made herself as small looking as possible .. trying to hide .. not fit for the job unfortunately .. like many in this present shambles of a Government

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 13:49

`The home secretary, Suella Braverman, has confirmed the government is dropping several of the key commitments made in the wake of the Windrush scandal.

In a written statement in the House of Commons, Braverman said she would not be creating the post of a migrants’ commissioner, who was due to be responsible for speaking up for migrants and for identifying systemic problems within the UK immigration system. Other promises, including increasing the powers of the independent chief inspector of borders and immigration (ICIBI) and holding reconciliation events with the Windrush community, have also been abandoned.`

It must be so reassuring for the families of immigrants from the Caribbean to know their interests are being looked after by a another member of an immigration family.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 15:30

She is Unfit for purpose and should be sacked

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net