DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Suella Braverman
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 15:22

Surely her tea`s oot now! Not only is she in trouble over the security of e-mails, she has apparently breached the ministerial code over cancelling hotel bookings for asylum seekers.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Suella Braverman
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 15:40

And turns out the email security breaches weren’t a one of either
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 17:04

Only six of them! So far….

Making statement in 10 mins. Resignation surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 17:05

The Tory Circus is back in Town

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 19:27

Another Horrid Person who is well out her depth :-

Home Secretary Suella Braverman has challenged critics to try to "get rid of me", as she denied ignoring legal advice on housing asylum seekers.

She rejected claims she blocked the use of hotels to ease overcrowding pressure at a migrant processing centre.

She said her policies were designed to repel an "invasion" on the south coast.
But Labour said Ms Braverman was not fit for office and undermined Rishi Sunak`s claim he was bringing integrity back to government.

Labour`s shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said decision-making at the Home Office had "collapsed" on Ms Braverman`s watch and asked how "anyone is supposed to have confidence" in her.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 19:44

One of her own MPs shook his head when she said she did not block the use of hotels.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 19:50

Hopefully something close to "I`m a fighter not a quiter"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 31 Oct 20:09

If I sent confidential emails from my work account to a Gmail account and then forwarded them on to the wrong person, and then didn`t take an attempt to rectify the issue seriously, or tried to cover it up, I`d get my jotters. Quite rightly too.
For her to be in that job and do this beggars belief. She is not fit for the job and needs to be sacked immediately, there`s no excuse
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 08:34

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 31 Oct 20:09

If I sent confidential emails from my work account to a Gmail account and then forwarded them on to the wrong person, and then didn`t take an attempt to rectify the issue seriously, or tried to cover it up, I`d get my jotters. Quite rightly too.
For her to be in that job and do this beggars belief. She is not fit for the job and needs to be sacked immediately, there`s no excuse

For her to get her job back less than a week after her repeated breaches doesn`t just beggar belief - it`s absolutely incredible!

And the man who gave Cruella her job back is the PM! 😨
You couldn`t make it up....

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Tue 01 Nov 08:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 11:22

All becomes a lot clearer now!🤔😲🤬

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/suella-braverman-refused-hotel-bookings-migrants-tory-areas/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 11:34

The only decent thing Schapps did!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-31/uk-officials-accuse-braverman-of-unlawful-decision-on-migrants
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 08:41

From Aunty :-

The Home Secretary Suella Braverman is eyeing up three more countries - Paraguay, Peru and Belize - where migrants could be sent.

The paper says a source has revealed that another African country - on top of Rwanda - is "also in the mix".

A government spokesperson said ministers were "committed to working with a range of international partners" to tackle the global migration crisis.

Or we could just abandon them at the railway station and bus stop

Post Edited (Thu 03 Nov 09:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 09:44

We’ve got thousands of Ukrainian refugees stuck on old cruise ships. Spaces smaller than legal requirement for prisoners.
Incompetence doesn’t just exist over the border.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 09:51

I did notice that yesterday when John Swinney was announcing the spending cuts from Holyrood (some might call it an austerity program) that part of the reason was to help pay for the Ukrainian refugees that we`ve taken in. Now imagine that was a Tory minister in Westminster saying that austerity measures were being taken to help pay for a refugee crisis. You`d be hearing all about scape goats and dog whistles.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 19:14

Making Priti look like the Fairy Godmother

The Home Secretary Suella Braverman is facing a potentially major court battle over the safety of women and children at the Manston centre in Kent.

Details of the first legal case were released by lawyers as she toured the overrun facility on Thursday.

The action, which is at its earliest stages, alleges ministers left a woman in "egregiously defective conditions".

If the home secretary does not address the allegations, judges will be asked to hear the case in full.

The Home Office said it would respond to the claim but would not comment publicly on legally proceedings.

The legal action against Ms Braverman, also involving the charity Detention Action, alleges there is evidence of:

* Routine and prolonged unlawful detention in the facility
* A failure to implement "essential safeguarding measures" for children
* Adult men sleeping alongside women and children they are not related to
* Migrants exposed to infectious diseases amid poor sanitation
* No means for the detainees to get legal advice about why they are being held

Detention Action said its case was focused on ending "serious threats" to the safety of children.

"We have taken this action out of serious concern for the welfare of thousands of people, including children, still being detained at Manston for periods far beyond legal limits," said Jamie Wilson, deputy director of the charity.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 20:21

Leaving a group of asylum seekers, from Marston on their own in London “by mistake” last night won’t help her one bit either. It was only due to the actions of a local charity passerby that the group, who were extremely distressed, were taken to a nearby shelter.

Such a disgraceful way to treat fellow human beings.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 08:39

Flies 20miles from Dover to Marston in a Chinook helicopter?🤔😲💩
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 09:02

They`re taking the P big style. When you think back to the scandals of the 90s and early 00s they are so insignificant.

We`re about to see one of the dodgiest MPs in history go on a reality TV show to make himself appear more human FFS.

How do people still vote Tory?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 10:26

But the helicopter visibly supports the narrative that she`s defending us from invaders
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 11:34

£3,500 for the "trip" apparently!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Nov 19:28

She Has got to Go Now :-

We`ve already said "goodbye"
Since you gotta go, oh you`d better
Go now, go now, go now
Before you see me cry

Council bosses have said they were not consulted or notified by the Home Office about the arrival of 55 migrants to a hotel at a seaside resort.

North Devon Council said the hotel in Ilfracombe was an "unsuitable location" for them due to its remoteness.

North Devon MP Selaine Saxby asked the Home Office directly for an "urgent and detailed consultation" with the council.

The Home Office said the use of hotels was a "short-term solution".

Councillor David Worden, leader of the council, said he was told in October by the government that the hotel would not be used to house migrants.

He said: "We were not consulted or formally notified about this change in direction from the Home Office, nor do we have a full understanding at this stage of their intentions for the hotel`s future use."

Just leave them at the Station :-(

Post Edited (Fri 04 Nov 19:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 07:39

Even the soppy BBC are reporting that the largest group of migrants are young men from perfectly peaceful but poor Albania. Their understandable desire to escape poverty is being exploited in some cases by drug trafficking gangsters who offer to pay the “fare” to England if they agree to work for them.

Albania has applied to join the EU, and that could eventually improve living standards and employment prospects to make the risky escape route unnecessary.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 07:58

In an independent Scotland we`d perhaps send ships down to the northern French Coast and bring the refugees and economic migrants straight up here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 10:17

....who would promptly head for the border!

Even though it would a hard border as dictated by the EU there would be plenty of gaps to sneak over...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Nov 12:41

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 5 Nov 10:17

....who would promptly head for the border!

Even though it would a hard border as dictated by the EU there would be plenty of gaps to sneak over...

I wouldn`t imagine they would want to head to poor, little england when they could settle in the richer, friendlier, fairer country, that an independent Scotland would be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 14:01

Norway and Sweden have a "hard border" yet when I went travelling around there my passport was only checked when I went from EU Sweden to EU Denmark on the train, because Denmark was concerned about migration from Sweden. Norway is also Schengen by the way, despite not being in the EU - i.e. perfectly free movement into and out of the EU.

That`s because right wing xenophobes are a much bigger threat to free movement within Europe than the EU, that can`t be up for debate surely?

Post Edited (Tue 08 Nov 14:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 14:40

I wonder how Michael Portillo gets on, he spends half his life on trains

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 21:09

I can always tell when you know you messed up because you make a flippant remark about something completely unrelated to the point.

What evidence is there that the EU would impose a hard border?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 09:45

You`re opinions mince, away and sook on Braverman`s toes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 11:36

Sturgeon has already conceded there would be a hard border. She has identified trunk roads for custom checks.
You could ask her in between licks of her fat bottom .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 17:27

There 100% would be a hard border but I don`t understand why this is considered such a big deal. It takes seconds going through a border.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:49

It depends on the wider agreement you have in terms of trade and immigration rules. If Scotland rejoined the EU and England/rUK were significantly diverging from EU rules it might increase the need for physical checks of good crossing the borders along with the increased paper work checks. If there was full regulatory alignment under a single arbiter whether that was an EU court or a separate Trade Court then in theory it should be pretty much frictionless.

Should be easier for people but again comes down to what`s agreed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 12:12

The EU planned to block covid vaccines manufactured in the EU being imported to the UK via the Irish border. Just an example of how they rule the roost

They never informed any of the politicians on either side. The Irish PM went ballistic , and they backed down.

I do like Michael Martin btw, always comes across as very reasonable and keen to find common ground. I think it would take a lot to make him lose his cool.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 12:48

Spain making waves about the 90 day rule, obviously affecting their economy, they want it abolished.

Of course the agreement would be reciprocal with Spaniards being allowed access to UK, would it happen in the same way as Eire residents have been allowed?

Little England will be rioting!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 21:31

This is about all the retired Brits who want to overwinter over there for four/five months but are not residents.They keep Spanish resorts and hotel economy ticking over in the off season.

I don’t think many Spaniards want to oversummer over here never mind overwinter.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 00:32

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 12 Nov 21:31

This is about all the retired Brits who want to overwinter over there for four/five months but are not residents.They keep Spanish resorts and hotel economy ticking over in the off season.

I don’t think many Spaniards want to oversummer over here never mind overwinter.

Yeah, cheaper staying in Benidorm than the UK, just on heating bills alone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 12:51

I thought it was 6 months?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 15:02

i think its 6 months over a year, but you can`t do that in one go... so i think you can have 90days max and then you must return for 90 days before you can do your next 90?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 15:39

90 in 180 days, have to do a shuttle, no big deal for holidays.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 16:39

Fail to see how that would be a massive issue for many people. Either they live there permanently (or near enough) or go for a couple of months over winter.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 17:17

Yeah it`s the UK students that are missing out on a foreign education experience, I believe Braverman was one such student?🤔😲🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 20:22

And it`s nice to know that 321 MP`s have freedom of movement due to acquiring EU passports!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 15:53

Aye it`s 90 days within a 180 day period for UK citizens entering the EU at the moment. So you can be in Schengen for 180 days out of a calendar year in two separate 90 day stints.

Strangely, last time I came into Edinburgh (and also to Bristol) the British passport didn`t work with the electronic gates but the Swedish one did. Had that problem a good few times with the new Blue passport actually. I suppose though, it is made in France... 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 18:51

My old maroon one worked in the Tenerife scanner and the Edinburgh one no problems, for a change.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 21:33

See I just thought it was funny that the Swedish one let me in without any stamp or whatever. Left on the British one as well, so I might be squatting in the UK as an illegal Swedish immigrant somewhere on the UK Home Office databases. Oh well...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 18:24

OOPS :- any one seen Cruella ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64400235

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 19:08

She wasn`t in Parliament yesterday to answer questions about the missing children.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 19:26

Saw her today at PM`s questions and she made herself as small looking as possible .. trying to hide .. not fit for the job unfortunately .. like many in this present shambles of a Government

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 13:49

`The home secretary, Suella Braverman, has confirmed the government is dropping several of the key commitments made in the wake of the Windrush scandal.

In a written statement in the House of Commons, Braverman said she would not be creating the post of a migrants’ commissioner, who was due to be responsible for speaking up for migrants and for identifying systemic problems within the UK immigration system. Other promises, including increasing the powers of the independent chief inspector of borders and immigration (ICIBI) and holding reconciliation events with the Windrush community, have also been abandoned.`

It must be so reassuring for the families of immigrants from the Caribbean to know their interests are being looked after by a another member of an immigration family.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 15:30

She is Unfit for purpose and should be sacked

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Apr 11:02

Claiming £25K in expenses on a home she wasn`t living in?

So much for the benefits culture!🤔😲😡
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Apr 13:40

She is the fourth most popular Cabinet Minister with Tory party members according to a survey carried out in March by the ConservativeHome website. The top ten were Wallace, Badenoch, Cleverly, Braverman, Mordaunt, Sunak, Barclay. Tugendhat, Mercer and Jack (!). Douglas Ross is not in the Cabinet but his popularity was on a par with Jack`s. The membership is obviously pleased at the way they are keeping the Jocks in their place!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Apr 22:19

She`s got a battle on Wednesday with the boundary changes, can`t remember who her rival is!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Apr 08:34

Shocking treatment .. we have short memories :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65197867

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Apr 09:47

Dearie me!🤔😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Apr 11:13

The Japs were terrified of the Gurkhas in WW2, they would slice heads off with one swish of their fearsome kukris!

Get Joanna Lumley on the case, her dad served with them and she’s been their champion for years

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Apr 20:01

Tory peer Baroness Warsi has warned that what she describes as Suella Braverman`s "racist rhetoric" is putting British Asian families at risk.

The peer, the UK`s first South Asian cabinet minister, claimed the home secretary`s comments on small boats and grooming gangs "emboldened racists".

She told the BBC she feared a backlash against British Asians and had told her dad not to walk home from the mosque.

Ms Braverman`s spokesperson said she would "not shy away from hard truths".
Ahead of announcing plans for a new police taskforce to tackle grooming gangs,

Ms Braverman said groups of "vulnerable white English girls" were being "pursued and raped and drugged and harmed by gangs of British Pakistani men who`ve worked in child abuse networks".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Apr 17:20

B W going for it :-

Suella Braverman is "unfit" to be home secretary, according to Conservative peer Baroness Warsi.

The peer, the UK`s first South Asian cabinet minister, claimed the home secretary turns "almost every issue into a cultural race war".

"if it`s deliberate she`s unfit for office and if it`s because she can`t communicate she`s still unfit for office," Baroness Warsi said.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Apr 18:46

Suella Braverman does use some fairly incendiary language. Straight out of the Nazi handbook. I don`t think she really believes what she is saying, she is simply pandering to her bosses who know that the party faithful will be whipping themselves into a frenzy about this. While I don`t like the way she talks about people seeking asylum, she might have a point here about the ethnicity of paedophile gangs, but you`re not really allowed to point that out
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Apr 19:25

Funny, the paedophile I was thinking of was white and wore a crown!🤔😲🫅
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Apr 22:37

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 13 Apr 18:46

Suella Braverman does use some fairly incendiary language. Straight out of the Nazi handbook. I don`t think she really believes what she is saying, she is simply pandering to her bosses who know that the party faithful will be whipping themselves into a frenzy about this. While I don`t like the way she talks about people seeking asylum, she might have a point here about the ethnicity of paedophile gangs, but you`re not really allowed to point that out

There is no statistically significant ethnic bias in the makeup of paedophiles. If anything, white males like Jimmy Saville, Jeffrey Epstein and Andrew Windsor are the ones we should be keeping more of an eye on. But you`re not allowed to say that.

There is, however, a significant socio-economic bias with the victims of the abuse, who are nearly all from extremely impoverished backgrounds, they also tend to commit petty crime and/or have behavioural difficulties which means that they are not believed if they report the abuse to the authorities.

This targeting of already traumatised children is how so many paedophiles have got away with it for years, often decades. It`s not because the police are scared of arresting non-white people.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Apr 10:50

Yeah, but don`t let facts get in the way of a good rant, Wotsit!

What happened in Rotherham was a disgrace, and lessons need to be learned from it, but the lesson isn`t "consider all Muslims" predators in the same was all Christians aren`t considered predators on the basis of historic child abuse convictions involving senior Christian figures.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Apr 11:07

Indeed, hundreds and hundreds of vulnerable young white girls abused for years and years and dozens of non white males jailed. Eventually. But don’t talk about it..

Oh, and LA- your wee crown wearing emoji is a dead ringer of our unlamented last FM . Was something going on in that motor home?

Post Edited (Fri 14 Apr 11:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 14 Apr 11:12

Quote:

jake89, Fri 14 Apr 10:50

Yeah, but don`t let facts get in the way of a good rant, Wotsit!

What happened in Rotherham was a disgrace, and lessons need to be learned from it, but the lesson isn`t "consider all Muslims" predators in the same was all Christians aren`t considered predators on the basis of historic child abuse convictions involving senior Christian figures.

There actually is an ethnic element to grooming gangs. 84% are of Pakistani origin.
The overall percentage of paedophiles in the UK is white males though with 95% being from this demographic.
It`s nothing to do with religion though or it would be across all Muslims regardless of ethnic origin.
I have no idea what the answer to the issue is but to deny what`s going on certainly won`t help us solve the grooming gang problem.

Post Edited (Fri 14 Apr 11:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Apr 11:25

Just to add, Baroness Warsi plays the race card constantly and deflects constantly. A professional Muslim as some wag once called her.

If the ethnicity of the Rotherham perps/victims had been the reverse she would have been shrieking her stupid head off..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Apr 06:57

Was the common theme in Rotherham that they all knew each other rather than they were all of Pakistani descent?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Apr 08:56

Even Perry Mason wouldn’t try that line…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Apr 09:43

What faith are you parboiled? Or are you an atheist?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Jun 17:09

The boats/hulks being used to accommodate the immigrants are seemingly to cost £75,900 a night or £27,703,500 a year, wonder which Tory is making money out of that deal?🤔😲😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Jun 22:06

Quote:

jake89, Sat 15 Apr 09:43

What faith are you parboiled? Or are you an atheist?

A staunch believer in the sucking of Sunak or Starmer toes probably
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jun 21:27

Quote:

Parboiled, Fri 14 Apr 11:25

If the ethnicity of the Rotherham perps/victims had been the reverse she would have been shrieking her stupid head off..

Such as almost every other paedophile gang ever?

Paediphilia is probably a crime perpetrated in the main by a particular ethnic group and it`s fairly telling that certain people always bring up Rotherham, but not, say, Jimmy Saville, when discussing it.

It`s also definitely worth mentioning that the independent report had more to say about the socio-economic background of the victims being an issue in the failure of the police to properly investigate than did the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jun 13:58

Glad to see Australian trade deal is working!🤔😡🤬

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/barge-australia-asylum-contract-travel-b2354578.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Aug 17:32

Apparently Suella is pushing Viscount Jack into putting 2 accommodation barges on the Clyde.

This is going to be fun!🤔😲🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Aug 18:31

Why Oh Why is she still employed ??

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Aug 00:47

She is the caring face of Conservatism - compared to Lee Anderson.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Aug 14:08

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 12 Aug 18:31

Why Oh Why is she still employed ??

Depending on the legionella reports it may be quite soon!

Awe wait a minute, there will be another enquiry, results in 2 year time!

Post Edited (Mon 14 Aug 14:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 10:13

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 13 Aug 00:47

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/aug/08/downing-street-back-tory-deputy-chair-lee-anderson-over-back-to-france-comments-bibby-stockholm-asylum-seekers

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 14:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 15 Aug 10:13

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 13 Aug 00:47

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/aug/08/downing-street-back-tory-deputy-chair-lee-anderson-over-back-to-france-comments-bibby-stockholm-asylum-seekers

The first time I seen Lee Anderson speaking, I was convinced it was some comedian doing some kind of satire about right wing politicians. The language and tone he is using here is disgusting, and for the party to back him is unbelievable. If you or I used language like that towards a refugee in the street we would probably be charged with a hate crime.

Tories and their voters are cretins
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 14:03

Suella seems to be away on holiday, so not doing any interviews.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 14:09

Unlike Halfwit Humza at least she doesn’t bleat about her skin whenever she is getting stick..

“There have been too many people who have been racist to me throughout my life. Every interaction I have I am conscious of my colour. I can be FM but there are always people look at me first as a person of colour and form a judgement. I can’t not be conscious of my colour because everybody else is conscious of my colour”

No mate, maybe they see an eejit who got annoyed over a photo of him falling off his scooter

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 15:16

How odd to bring up the subject of Humza Yousaf`s skin in a thread about Suella Braverman.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 15:35

Sometimes discrimination isn`t as subtle as people think.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 17:12

Quote:

jake89, Tue 15 Aug 15:35

Sometimes discrimination isn`t as subtle as people think.

Parsboiled is a flat out racist, there is no disguising it. He probably loves Lee Anderson, the tories come out with statements like that to appeal to loathsome individuals like him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 19:01

I was directly quoting Humza..you know the guy who had a White, White, White rant at fellow MSP’s. The biggest racist of all...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 19:24

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 15 Aug 19:01

I was directly quoting Humza..you know the guy who had a White, White, White rant at fellow MSP’s. The biggest racist of all...

This one buddy ?

https://youtu.be/FI3JBBlmej4
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 19:49

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 15 Aug 14:09

Unlike Halfwit Humza at least she doesn’t bleat about her skin whenever she is getting stick..

“There have been too many people who have been racist to me throughout my life. Every interaction I have I am conscious of my colour. I can be FM but there are always people look at me first as a person of colour and form a judgement. I can’t not be conscious of my colour because everybody else is conscious of my colour”

No mate, maybe they see an eejit who got annoyed over a photo of him falling off his scooter

Nice Strawman and deflection there m8
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 19:52

Quite honestly, the most racist behaviour I`ve ever witnessed was from Mainland Chinese toward non-whites and the same from Gulf Arabs toward anyone who was non-white.

Braverman was quite obviously planted in her role to promote Xenophobic policies but avoid the racism card tarnishing the Tory party. Hard to describe the Tories as racists, but they are certainly Imperialists and Xenophobes. Just hilarious that they`re too daft to realise that it`s Britain`s Imperial history that has caused many of the issues they`re facing now. Either that or they`re just ignoring the fact which wouldn`t be surprising.

Parboiled`s comments though are just another classic deflection and show him to be a sad wee Scotophobe. But naw, anyone who even dares to support Scottish sovereignty is an Anglophobe, despite the country being older than many including England! 😂 Probably old enough to be a fan of Oz Mosely! Where`s the 88 tattoo?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 20:06

Parboiled and Tenruh are `buddies` again I see.

The Yousaf quote was actually his response to a heckle at the Edinburgh Fringe from someone from the Scottish Family Party who, amongst other things, said he was a `pestilence on the land`. I must admit I hadn`t heard of the SFP but they seem to be another right wing party.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 20:23

Eck - The Family Party are the Christian zoomers: Think evangelicals crossed with the Taliban and you wouldn`t be far off their politics!

Sounds like the incident you described was another "Ma magic ershole in the sky is better than yours!" type deal.

Post Edited (Tue 15 Aug 20:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 20:41

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 15 Aug 20:06

Parboiled and Tenruh are `buddies` again I see.

The Yousaf quote was actually his response to a heckle at the Edinburgh Fringe from someone from the Scottish Family Party who, amongst other things, said he was a `pestilence on the land`. I must admit I hadn`t heard of the SFP but they seem to be another right wing party.

Tolerance for my fellow Pars supporter Eck.
The only thing we have in common is our dislike of the nuSNP but for different reasons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 20:56

With friends like that......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 22:28

I actually love Humza. The Union is safe as long as that plonker is FM.

And I much enjoyed HJ’s hilarious accusation of deflection whilst bringing Chinese and Gulf Arabs into the debate..if I was an Eskimo I would be fair affronted at not being mentioned!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Aug 23:09

Frankly Parboiled, I think the only person anyone finds hilarious on here is you. Your attention-seeking fishing posts reek of somebody desperate for attention and your general demeanour makes me wonder about Aspergers. Anyone on here could likely count the times you`ve made a valid or relevant political point. If you`re genuinely happy in your wee GB News bubble reality, then I`ll have what you`re having!

I will give you though that Humza won`t last. So there`s one!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Aug 08:44

Halfwit now saying he will “p*** off some people” when he sets out a vision of his premiership next month.

Coarse language, delusions of grandeur, a very thin skin..braw, keep up the good work!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Aug 22:03

Quote:

Tenruh, Tue 15 Aug 19:24

Quote:

This one buddy ?

🙄 https://theferret.scot/claim-humza-yousaf-made-anti-white-speech-is-false

It`s awful when the facts don`t align with things that make you angry...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 06:58

Quote:

jake89, Wed 16 Aug 22:03

Quote:

Tenruh, Tue 15 Aug 19:24

Quote:

This one buddy ?

🙄 https://theferret.scot/claim-humza-yousaf-made-anti-white-speech-is-false

It`s awful when the facts don`t align with things that make you angry...

Yip that`s the one buddy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 07:08

I’m confused Tenruh, you post doesn’t look right.

Is that you answering Jake (calling him buddy) for the link Jake posted

Or answering Tenruh, which seems more logical, if it were parboiled doing it?
I’m sure I’m wrong, but my initial reaction was that it looked more like you’d answered yourself, albeit but with the wrong login?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 07:15

Quote:

DBP, Thu 17 Aug 07:08

I’m sure I’m wrong, but my initial reaction was that it looked more like you’d answered yourself, albeit but with the wrong login?

Certainly looks very suspicious.
Has Parboiled/Tenruh exposed themselves as being one and the same. Would certainly explain why someone who claims to be pro indy seems to try and undermine it.
Good Spot.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 09:00

Excuse me, I’m rather fussy who I expose myself with..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 09:35

Quote:

DBP, Thu 17 Aug 07:08

Answering Jake
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 09:37

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 17 Aug 09:00

Exactly, it only takes one to have multiple user names then everyone follows .

Hope you`re keeping well Bud...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 10:27

Quote:

Tenruh, Thu 17 Aug 09:37

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 17 Aug 09:00

Exactly, it only takes one to have multiple user names then everyone follows .

Hope you`re keeping well Bud...

Oooh, Friend
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 10:32

Strictly platonic, no benefits..!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 10:52

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 17 Aug 10:32

Strictly platonic, no benefits..!

Exactly. Some people cannot hide their jealousy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Aug 16:31

Meanwhile :-
We are haemorrhaging money to France to stop the boats that are never stopped
More migrants drowning than ever .. Is it Cruella`s torpedos`s
The Barge Hokey Cokey

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/this-tv-reboot-will-make-you-long-for-the-day-when-suellas-ship-has-sailed/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Aug 18:40

A Confident Suella .. Oh Jings

Government plans to accommodate asylum seekers on a barge on England`s south coast face a possible legal challenge over fire safety.

Lawyers for the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) have written to Home Secretary Suella Braverman raising issues including overcrowding and fire exit access on board the Bibby Stockholm.

The government has been given until Thursday to respond.
Home Secretary Suella Braverman said: "I am confident the barge is safe."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Aug 22:35

Isn`t it weird they keep pushing forward plans they know won`t work? It`s almost as if they want to distract people by stoking up even more ill-feeling.

It`s just so odd that we hear all about how people in council houses should be happy with their damp infested homes and these illegal immigrants should take what they`re given, but nothing`s mentioned about second home allowances, expenses and the cost of maintaining a dilapidated parliament rather than moving to a cheaper modern building.

Surely MPs could work off a barge on the Thames?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Aug 22:42

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 28 Aug 18:40

A Confident Suella .. Oh Jings

Government plans to accommodate asylum seekers on a barge on England`s south coast face a possible legal challenge over fire safety.

Lawyers for the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) have written to Home Secretary Suella Braverman raising issues including overcrowding and fire exit access on board the Bibby Stockholm.

The government has been given until Thursday to respond.
Home Secretary Suella Braverman said: "I am confident the barge is safe."

Her insinuations regarding political bias are astounding!🚒🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 13:06

My pal in the Polis was saying that she was grilled the other day and couldn`t comprehend that Police in England and Wales had lost 20,000 officers since 2010 but had only managed to recruit 23,000 since then so there is only a 3,000 increase. Apparently she repeatedly bleated on about a "record number of police officers".

Certainly chosen as scapegoat rather than for her intellectual capacity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 17:46

Also stated in her interview that the barges had been used to accommodate refugees in Scotland!

I believe it had been used to house oil rig workers, perhaps some North Sea workers can confirm?

Remember that the Government have doubled the capacity on the barges.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 18:05

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 29 Aug 17:46

Also stated in her interview that the barges had been used to accommodate refugees in Scotland!

I believe it had been used to house oil rig workers, perhaps some North Sea workers can confirm?

Remember that the Government have doubled the capacity on the barges.

Is the doubling why the barge has a T-shape but with a whiter roof?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Sep 16:20

Oh my God!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66919416

Shades of Enoch Powell. And we thought Priti Patel was bad......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Sep 17:00

Is this not a result of a perception that a lot of people falsely claim asylum on the basis of discrimination? How do you evidence it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Sep 18:29

The UK has had an aging population for a great many years, which is leaving a lot of work available that those who were born here do not, on the whole, want to perform.

As a result of this people from other cultures are being attracted here by the availability of work.
As a result of this racists are getting annoyed.

As a result of this politicians are vying to win their votes, because riled-up people go out and vote.

This is all in the midst of climate chaos and the seemingly obligatory wars which are the main motivators for folk to up-sticks and move halfway across the world.

They got oon their bikes, just like Norman Tebbit advised. But, then, The Tories have never bothered with future consequences when there`s cheap electioneering to be done.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Sep 21:33

The irony of it all is that people seem to think it`s all these non-Brits on the benefits. The largest benefits recipients are British white people. The lowest are Chinese, other white people and Indians. In a fair and equal society it would be pretty even across all ethnicities.

So maybe it`s that these people are stealing our jobs? Whilst I`m sure there are a small number of employers who discriminate and only employ immigrants, most jobs are advertised at a set wage and are open to anyone. Mowi at Rosyth is packed with people who do not have English as a first language. Why? Because those guys have no issue getting up, doing a shift and heading home stinking of fish.

This government doesn`t care though. It`s quite content to lump economic migrants and refugees with illegal immigrants. It suits them for the public to hate "Johnny Foreigner" as it distracts from their failures and means there`s something they can claim to tackle.

The approach of giving out contracts to hotels is a complete mess. Hundreds of staff sacked, events (including weddings) cancelled, luxury hotels being used. Of course some of this comes down to greedy hotel owners, but surely they could have focussed on struggling hotels and used these contracts as a way of keeping some going? Instead we`ve got relatively successful hotels like the Keavil being used.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 00:01

Currently out here in Tenerife , half the bars cannot operate 7 days a week due to lack of British workers.

Wonder if Brexit caused that?🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 07:27

They could make them honesty bars..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 08:17

Quote:

jake89, Tue 26 Sept 21:33

The irony of it all is that people seem to think it`s all these non-Brits on the benefits. The largest benefits recipients are British white people. The lowest are Chinese, other white people and Indians. In a fair and equal society it would be pretty even across all ethnicities.

Just for clarity, Jake, are the stats you alluded to above set out as a %age of the population?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 09:34

If the largest benefits recipients are white Brits it might help them to get some weight off.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 11:04

Quote:

Parboiled, Wed 27 Sept 09:34

If the largest benefits recipients are white Brits it might help them to get some weight off.

Perhaps you could elaborate for those of us not quite sharp enough to understand the point you`re attempting to make.

My family emigrated to Scotland when I was a child, as did several uncles and aunts on both sides, along with a host of cousins. To the very best of my knowledge, not one of them has ever claimed a day`s benefit in their lives.

The vast majority of immigrants leave their home countries in search of a better life for themselves and their families, not to sponge of the state. On more than one occasion, I`ve taken umbrage at some of my fellow Italians who have expressed the opinion that Scots are lazy. Every country in the world has a mix of hardworking and not-so-hardworking people. Those who choose to emigrate generally contain a higher proportion of ambitious, hardworking folk.

In Italy, there are many unemployed university graduates who refuse to accept unskilled work because they consider it beneath them. Consequently, many men and women in their 30s and 40s are still living at home with their parents.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 12:02

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 27 Sept 08:17

Quote:

Just for clarity, Jake, are the stats you alluded to above set out as a %age of the population?

Yes. I don`t have them in front of me now but it`s something like 54% of white British people claim benefits compared to 25% of Chinese. Fairly sure non-British white and Indian were around 40% but don`t quote me on that.

Of course, it would need broken down into specific benefits as imagine this includes things all people are eligible like child payments and pensions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 13:51

Quote:

jake89, Wed 27 Sept 12:02

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. I don`t have them in front of me now but it`s something like 54% of white British people claim benefits compared to 25% of Chinese. Fairly sure non-British white and Indian were around 40% but don`t quote me on that.

Of course, it would need broken down into specific benefits as imagine this includes things all people are eligible like child payments and pensions.

I wonder how and why they have these stats broken down in terms of ethnicity? What does it matter what colour of skin you have if you`re in receipt of, e.g., child benefit?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 16:14

Lies .. Damn Lies .. and Statistics

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 17:56

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 27 Sept 13:51

Quote:

jake89, Wed 27 Sept 12:02

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder how and why they have these stats broken down in terms of ethnicity? What does it matter what colour of skin you have if you`re in receipt of, e.g., child benefit?

Plenty of things are broken down in this way to identify trends and influence policy. For example, it could be there`s low uptake of child benefit amongst some ethnic groups as they are less likely to have English as a first language and the information/process for claiming may not make sense. That`s a made up example but all this stuff is looked at when designing services.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 18:04

Around a dozen Tory MPs, including ministers, have complained to the chief whip about Suella Braverman`s recent speech on immigration and refugees.

Some have told the BBC her remarks were offensive, divisive and inaccurate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Oct 19:15

She just can`t help herself.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66999209

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Oct 19:18

She has a short memory G.G.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Oct 00:36

A gay man thrown out conference by Manchester Police today for berating Suella!

Shades of a Police state?🤔😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 4 Oct 07:07

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 4 Oct 00:36

Why mention his sexuality? Weird

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Oct 07:39

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 3 Oct 19:18

She has a short memory G.G.

Says it all when Tory MPs are railing against her incendiary language. She might have been taking lessons from Enoch Powell or Adolf Hitler.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Oct 07:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 4 Oct 07:07

Quote:

I believe because it relates to the context of her speech, and the fact he heckled what she was saying (he’s the patron of the LBGT conservatives)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Oct 11:27

Thanks DBP, couldn`t have replied any better!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Wed 4 Oct 16:59

But a heterosexual heckler would presumably also be chucked out for creating a ruckus, so da_no1’s point still stands.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Oct 17:34

It was hardly a `ruckus`. He hardly raised his voice. I`m not sure that claiming he would have been removed, regardless of his sexuality, is much of a defence.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 5 Oct 11:32

Quote:

DBP, Wed 4 Oct 07:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 4 Oct 07:07

Quote:

I believe because it relates to the context of her speech, and the fact he heckled what she was saying (he’s the patron of the LBGT conservatives)

So are you saying he was thrown out because he was heckling or because he was gay or both?

Out if interest how do you know he was gay?

Still fail to see the need to mention his sexuality.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:27

Suella Braverman wants to restrict the use of tents by homeless people in built-up areas, according to a report.

The home secretary`s proposals are said to include allowing charities to be fined if they give out tents that become a nuisance.

Ms Braverman wants the plans included in two clauses of a new criminal justice bill, according to The Financial Times, quoting Whitehall sources.

The potential new law would reportedly apply to tents that become a nuisance - such as by blocking shop doorways.

"Braverman has formally pitched a ban on tents in urban areas - except on your own land or the back garden - as well as a new civil penalty for charities to stop them giving out tents to homeless people for free," one source told the FT.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:47

Great plan if you want to solve the homelessness crisis by culling humans.

Definitely cheaper than mental health provision and decent housing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:34

I’m sure the erection of tents up here is an is entirely devolved issue. I’ve seen wigwams on the Meadows

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:41

You`re right. Didn`t Police Scotland erect one in somebody`s garden not so long ago?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:44

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 4 Nov 10:47

Great plan if you want to solve the homelessness crisis by culling humans.

Definitely cheaper than mental health provision and decent housing.

I was assuming the plan was to provide homes for all those in a tent?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 15:15

Topic Originator: wee eck
Date: Sat 4 Nov 11:41

You`re right. Didn`t Police Scotland erect one in somebody`s garden not so long ago?

Made me laugh wee eck :-))

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 17:07

You`ve got to give credit to Parboiled for setting them up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 20:48

And they are tipping her to replace Sunak.

Deary me!🙈🤬💩
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 21:23

Suella Braverman has been rebuked by a senior Tory campaigner on homelessness after the home secretary provoked outrage by describing rough sleeping as a “lifestyle choice.”

Bob Blackman MP, head of the all-party parliamentary group for ending homelessness, said Braverman was wrong to discuss a complex and serious issue in such terms and advised her to use “wiser” language.

Braverman posted on X, formerly Twitter, that she plans to crack down on the pitching of tents in urban areas, which she largely blamed on individuals “from abroad”.

The home secretary wrote: “We cannot allow our streets to be taken over by rows of tents occupied by people, many of them from abroad, living on the streets as a lifestyle choice.”

Blackman, who set up the parliamentary group in 2016, told the Observer: “Homelessness for people from the UK is not a lifestyle choice, far from it.

Every case is unique. People would have ended relationships or fallen out with parents – which is why young people end on the streets. They may have made the wrong choices in life or had an accident and be unable to work. I obviously would never use [Braverman’s] words. She should use wiser words.”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Nov 18:22

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sat 4 Nov 20:48

And they are tipping her to replace Sunak.

Deary me!🙈🤬💩

If that was to happen, I`m emigrating to Rwanda. 😨

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 14:40

She, and her cronies, will be nowhere near Downing Street for at least a decade after the next election.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 15:30

They are finished and they know it .. I pity the next Government having to sort the financial devastation and mess they will leave

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 19:08

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 7 Nov 15:30

They are finished and they know it .. I pity the next Government having to sort the financial devastation and mess they will leave

I wouldn`t be too sure, BPP. Those who voted the Tories in haven`t all had a brain transplant, but hopefully enough of them have realised the error of their ways.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 19:56

‘I pity the next Government having to sort the financial devastation and mess they will leave’

Yeah, but - to be fair - their predecessors left the following note:

"Dear Chief Secretary, I`m afraid there is no money. Kind regards – and good luck! Liam."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 19:56

Labour going to be any different?

Seem to be saying the same policies will continue!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 00:12

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Tue 7 Nov 19:56

‘I pity the next Government having to sort the financial devastation and mess they will leave’

"Dear Chief Secretary, I`m afraid there is no money. Kind regards – and good luck! Liam."

Hasn`t that time and again been proven to be a joke note left from government to government? Tories certainly have deep enough erse holes to pluck money when they need it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 13:15

But things have improved since then, right?

Right?

How much did borrowing fall in the first five years after 2010? You know, when so many went through the awful austerity that was totally necessary in order to get "rampant spending" under control? It would be embarrassing if borrowing actually rose significantly as a result of easily foreseeable consequences of spending cuts to infrastructure and mitigation projects I`d imagine.

How`s inflation doing?

That bad, huh? I bet the Tories are refusing to be complete hypocrites and are taking responsibility - after all it`s been 13 years so they can`t possibly be blaming others? Especially not the EU, that would be insane and desperate.

Poverty rates?

Talking about banning people from sleeping rough are they? That`s not the sign of a healthy society tbh.

Migration? That`s their favourite thing. They will be paying careful attention to that so I`m certain that`s been sorted. Especially with Brexit and all.

What do you mean by "carting people off to Rwanda"?

Ok, they royally messed up all of those things, but the export economy must be doing amazing. What with all of the beneficial trade deals we were told we were getting?

I`m beginning to wonder if these Tories have a clue: I suppose the NHS funding didn`t even go up by whatever that magical fairytale bus number was either?

Etc.

Post Edited (Wed 08 Nov 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 14:06

“I suppose the NHS funding didn`t even go up by whatever that magical fairytale bus number was either?”

Well NHS funding was about £140 billion in 2015/2016 and about 180 billion in 2022/23. So that makes an increase of about £769 million per week. This doesn’t even include the COVID increase btw.

So the £350 million figure on the bus was indeed wrong - just not in the direction you think it was.

I’m not defending the tories btw - just pointing out that they inherited a clown show that’s at least as bad as the one they’re about to bequeath.

Post Edited (Thu 09 Nov 10:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 09:21

Our next PM ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67364745

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 09:30

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Wed 8 Nov 14:06

“I suppose the NHS funding didn`t even go up by whatever that magical fairytale bus number was either?”

Well NHS funding was about £140 billion in 2015/2016 and about 180 million in 2022/23. So that makes an increase of about £769 million per week. This doesn’t even include the COVID increase btw.

So the £350 million figure on the bus was indeed wrong - just not in the direction you think it was.

I’m not defending the tories btw - just pointing out that they inherited a clown show that’s at least as bad as the one they’re about to bequeath.

Might have your millions and billions mixed up there but the increase you refer to is pretty standard and currently below inflation in terms of the cost. Should also be made clear that those are figures for NHS England, not the NHS as a whole.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 10:17

jake89 wrote:

>
Quote:

Tad Allagash, Wed 8 Nov 14:06
>
> “I suppose the NHS funding didn`t even go up by whatever that
> magical fairytale bus number was either?”
>
> Well NHS funding was about £140 billion in 2015/2016 and about
> 180 million in 2022/23. So that makes an increase of about
> £769 million per week. This doesn’t even include the COVID
> increase btw.
>
> So the £350 million figure on the bus was indeed wrong - just
> not in the direction you think it was.
>
> I’m not defending the tories btw - just pointing out that
> they inherited a clown show that’s at least as bad as the one
> they’re about to bequeath.

>
> Might have your millions and billions mixed up there but the
> increase you refer to is pretty standard and currently below
> inflation in terms of the cost. Should also be made clear that
> those are figures for NHS England, not the NHS as a whole.

Yeah £180 billion. These figures are in real terms in 2022/2023 prices, so already take inflation into account.

You’re right that these are for NHS England - the increase in Scotland is more or less in line with this I believe. So the overall increase is even more.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 10:51

And the full graph should indicate a drop off when a certain party came to power, no?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 17:08

Does anyone have any theories as to why Tory ministers from immigrant families (eg Braverman, Patel, Badenoch) have a tendency to espouse extreme right-wing policies? Do they maybe think it will impress members of the party who are least likely to be well-disposed towards immigrants?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 17:17

She might not be espousing much longer wee eck

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67368785

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 17:30

One theory from political commentator, Kevin Schofield :-

@KevinASchofield
One rumour is that Gove wants one of the great offices of state before the Tories lose power, with Home Secretary or Chancellor his preferred options.

Told that he politely savaged both Hunt and Braverman at a recent Cabinet meeting.

I can`t believe that of Michael Gove. He always comes across as such a nice man of great integrity. 😂😂😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 19:37

The answer to wee Eck’s question is because they can.

It’s a consequence of identity politics where the background of the person making the argument becomes more important than the logic of the argument itself.

The three he mentioned have different backgrounds, but the one thing they have in common is that their families have all come from or via Africa - as did Rishi Sunak’s family. Not sure how significant this is, but I suspect African immigrants are more right-leaning than Caribbean immigrants for example.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 03:14

She really is a horrible cow. It needs said

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 10 Nov 03:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 04:09

To answer Wee Eck’s question, they were born into money. Sunak, Braverman, Kwarteng and Cleverly were all educated at private schools; only Patel attended a state school. They can present themselves as underdogs by dint of their racial background whereas in actual fact they were born into privilege. So right wing politics is their natural home.

Their holding high offices of state is as much about racial diversity as was The Black and White Minstrel Show. But we live in age of visual politics so the image is of great significance. In fact the image can become more important than the reality. If you want a highbrow explanation then the French writers Guy Debord and Jean Baudrillard were warning of this problem many years ago.

But you don`t need to read philosophy to know that Raymie`s judgment on Braverman is on the mark.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 08:08

I suspect she`ll be gone by the end of the weekend though she`ll be gone in twelve months regardless.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 08:37

Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks
Date: Fri 10 Nov 08:08

I suspect she`ll be gone by the end of the weekend though she`ll be gone in twelve months regardless.

Is Sunak strong enough TOWK ? I`m not sure
The right are telling him if he sacks her he sacks them all or words to that effect .. wait and see

Raymie has nailed it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 13:36

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 10 Nov 03:14

If her parents could have foreseen how she would turn out, they might have decided that Cruella would have been more apt.

Post Edited (Fri 10 Nov 13:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 14:02

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 10 Nov 13:36

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 10 Nov 03:14

If her parents could have foreseen how she would turn out, they might have decided that Cruella would have been more apt.

Parents would still be happy getting their power bills paid on MP`s expenses!🤔💰💰💰
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 16:26

Braverman wasn’t born into money - she got a scholarship to her private school.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 20:33

Braverman was awarded a ‘partial scholarship’ to attend her all girls’ private school according to wiki. You might assume therefore that her parents were unable to pay the full fees which today, in the amalgamated college formed post Braverman, would leave little change out of £25,000 per year. However arrangements regarding individual scholarships are a private matter and not necessarily confined to parental income. It may be that Braverman was not particularly bright and that the school was prepared to meet the parents’ request for admission halfway.

Given that Braverman had an uncle who was previously High Commissioner for Mauritius I imagine her family had a fair amount of financial and political clout.

The private school racket of awarding scholarships to allegedly impoverished pupils has long been considered a ruse to retain their charity status for tax purposes. Keir Starmer`s Labour Party, hardly a bastion of bolshevism, is committed to removing that status.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 21:16

Well her mum was an NHS nurse, so I’m guessing they were not part of the landed gentry.

As for not being particularly bright - she went to Cambridge and became a barrister, so I’m guessing she was no slouch academically.

Similarly, Keir Starmer got a scholarship when his grammar school became a fee paying school. I think his current policy is to force private schools to pay VAT on their fees.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 23:50

Beware of political back stories: they are political constructs designed to garner support. In the UK, where the class system is deeply ingrained, they carry a fair amount of weight.

Nadine Dorries is an extreme example: she claims to have had no shoes to go to school in 1970s Liverpool and the Tory Party members she represents are credulous enough to swallow such guff, delighted to know two things. First of all we have extreme poverty in the UK which will make the poor try harder; and secondly, talents like Dorries can rise above their class and be accepted into the fold as proof of a meritocracy.

Assuming Braverman is clever because she came out of Cambridge is an error of some magnitude. Fellow Cambridge alumni Chris Grayling- ‘Failing Grayling’- is widely recognised as the most stupid man to have held high office in UK politics in recent times. Although Matt Hancock, who attended both Oxford and Cambridge, might be entitled to sue on that claim. David Cameron was considered an outstanding history student by his tutors at Oxford, yet when PM of the UK believed that the USA had entered WW2 in 1939, something any schoolboy who had read ‘The Victor’ comic would have known was rubbish. To return to Braverman, she seems to think that Orange Walks in Ulster are organised by those sympathetic to the IRA. Remember these last two errors are not mishaps: they are evidence of gross ignorance.

Starmer’s back story is undeniable. He claims his father was a tool maker. The evidence all points in that direction.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 08:03

Exactly. I`m sure places like Comrie could be described as "a mining village" and some ridiculous back story could be made up about living with an industrial backdrop of mining and poverty. Reality though is Comrie is largely a private housing development.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 19:35

Good to see a huge protest turnout today with very little trouble .. apart from the 100 + anti protest nutters most p1ssed

Suella`s concerns regarding the police bias .. driven and influenced by her Jewish husband have been proved wrong

She has to go .. A horrid person .. Named after Sue Ellen from Dallas as her parents used to watch it

Maybe they should have watched 100 and 1 Dalmatians

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Nov 23:51

Yes, a good day for Britain I think.
The people on the streets have shown their disdain for UK foreign policy in respect of Israel.
The police have established their independence from political control, an essential aspect of any democracy.
And tomorrow, I am sure, the nation can bow its head in sorrow at the loss of lives in previous wars and do its damnest to prevent the next one.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Nov 22:05

She’s had the audacity to praise the police today. You couldn’t paint a red neck on her

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 08:43

Sacked!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 08:59

Good Riddance !!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 09:06

Made my day. David Cameron back in some capacity

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 13 Nov 09:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 09:11

Gone from the whole Government .. not just the job ..

Sunak should go as well .. this was all his doing

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 09:13

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend
Date: Mon 13 Nov 09:06

Made my day. David Cameron back in some capacity

New Foreign Sec apparently

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 10:06

Can you think of three more unpleasant MPs in such a short space of time as Priti Patel, Liz Truss and Suella Braverman?

I hear they are starring in the theatre. They have bagged roles in Macbeth. Not sure which roles they have ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 13 Nov 10:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 10:18

To be frank, as much as I dislike him, David Cameron would be a better PM than any we have had since he last held the job. At least he gives off an impression that he knows what he is doing
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 10:23

Unelected Prime Minister appoint unelected ex PM as Foreign Sec who’ll have to be made a peer to do the job.

Couldn`t find anyone in the 300÷ MP`s to do the job?🤔🙈
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 10:25

He did seem to like referendums right enough...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 11:04

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 11:24

Interesting question on Twitter:-

David Cameron is to sit in the House of Lords ("taking back control from unelected officials anyone?") in order to be Foreign Secretary - which means he won`t be able to be questioned by MPs in the chamber over foreign policy. Doesn`t seem very 21st century.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 12:26

He`ll still be entitled to his £115k allowance as an ex-PM apparently although how much is subject to negotiation. A man`s got to live in the style to which he is accustomed after all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 18:01

I suppose if you want to keep the cabal selective to those who have lied and cheated for their own financial gain .. The Cameron is yer man

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 18:58

Surely Cabinet re-shuffles are an admission of failure?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 19:53

I was actually quite nice about David Cameron earlier but I had forgotten about his role working for Greensill Capital (probably because it`s been so well swept under the carpet), where he jetted around the world promoting the company to investors and pocketed around £8.2 million. He also used his influence to intensively lobby civil servants for £10 Billion in Government loans. The business model has been described as a Ponzi Scheme and more simply as a fraud and the scandal is still currently under investigation and subject to ongoing legal cases from investors who lost billions.

Around £400 million of the money the UK Government loaned to them immediately made its way to a raft of companies owned by Steel Magnate Sanjeev Gupta, despite rules limiting the amount to be given to any one company to £50 million. This is still subject of an ongoing investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.

The UK Taxpayer lost out to the tune of £5 billion when the company collapsed a year after getting the Government loans.

Makes you wonder if the tories are just planning a final raid on the public coffers, to get that cash into the hands of their Etonian chums before they are kicked out of office.

The mainstrain media has been surprisingly quiet about this today (and for the years previously). Can you imagine the outcry if it had been a SNP politician? We have seen how a 11k SIM card bill can fill headlines for days and a tent in a garden can be referenced for a year despite no formal charges
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 21:12

Good Post rsp .. He is top of the pops regarding corruption and earning himself millions .. He will slot in very nicely with the cabal .. They have just over a year left to make themselves more millions and make their pals millionaires

You could not make this up Lord Cameron ..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Nov 21:35

Cameron also involved in VIP Lane contract for PPE!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 02:11

What an odious bunch,they are. The next election can’t come soon enough

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Tue 14 Nov 02:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 05:50

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 14 Nov 02:11

What an odious bunch they are. The next election can’t come soon enough

They certainly are, but sadly, that`s no guarantee that they`ll lose the next election. For one thing, the Labour Party is unconvincing, and then there`s the stupidity of large swathes of the electorate, as the Brexit referendum demonstrated only too well. ☹️

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 06:22

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 13 Nov 18:58

Surely Cabinet re-shuffles are an admission of failure?

Or a form of blackmail ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 09:23

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 14 Nov 05:50

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 14 Nov 02:11

What an odious bunch they are. The next election can’t come soon enough

They certainly are, but sadly, that`s no guarantee that they`ll lose the next election. For one thing, the Labour Party is unconvincing, and then there`s the stupidity of large swathes of the electorate, as the Brexit referendum demonstrated only too well. ☹️

Saw a GE voting poll last week and it predicted Braverman to hold on to her seat, Labour, Greens and Lib Dems fighting for the crumbs!

Tactical voting anyone?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 11:20

We can sleep easy since "Dodgy Dave" is back!

Must be bad if the Speaker of the House is upset?

At least Coffey is gone, replaced by Baker whose wife is high up in Anglian Water😲🙈

Bakers replacement as Health Secretary has a husband who is head of British Sugar😲🙈

You couldn't make it up!🥳🤬

Post Edited (Tue 14 Nov 11:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 11:29

Withdraw that D word or leave the house LA .. :-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvIUa47x_Oc

Post Edited (Tue 14 Nov 12:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 13:34

The former Health secretary, now Environment secretary, is Steve Barclay, not Baker. He obviously made a big impression on LA!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 15:30

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 14 Nov 13:34

The former Health secretary, now Environment secretary, is Steve Barclay, not Baker. He obviously made a big impression on LA!

All *ankers look the same !🤔😲🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 16:14

Order Orrrder OrrrrrrDerrrrr

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 17:21

She`s Going for it :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67420331

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 17:47

The article headline says resignation letter, what’s she resigning from?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Nov 18:11

letter in full minus the word resignation looking like the marraige of convenience has derailed to a bitter divorce :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67416146

Post Edited (Tue 14 Nov 18:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 00:49

She’s put the boot right into Sunak.
Get the popcorn out.

Tea’s out for Coffey

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Wed 15 Nov 07:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 06:29

Oooft! Scathing doesn`t begin to describe that rant. Horrible people make horrible enemies. Reminds me of Dominic Cummings. Maybe that`s why they lasted in their jobs as long as they did. Sunak and Johnson must have known they would exact their revenge. 😀

Post Edited (Wed 15 Nov 06:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 07:41

I think she is lining up a return? Sounds like she has more dirt to dish at an appropriate time? Remember she ran for the job when Truss was fired.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 08:34

She has been challenging Sunak for a while now Raymie

The party conference was more like a leadership contest

She has a lot of right wing backing .. Can you imagine that horrid H00r being Prime Minister :-((

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 10:45

Rwanda system illegal, how much did it cost?🤔💰💰💰🥳🥳🥳
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 11:16

We have given Rwanda £140 million so far LA but the government will not disclose the final figure

Also it was going to cost £169,000 per person to send them there

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 12:34

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 15 Nov 10:45

It OK moneys not been wasted. Sunak has just said they are going ahead with the treaty with Rwanda and will change the law if required, so it would no longer be unlawful to send refugees/asylum seekers there.
These fascist Tories make me sick.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 12:53

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Wed 15 Nov 12:34

Quote:

It OK moneys not been wasted. Sunak has just said they are going ahead with the treaty with Rwanda and will change the law if required, so it would no longer be unlawful to send refugees/asylum seekers there.

I would imagine that will be challenged at every opportunity, legal costs trying to get this through are £1.5 million so far, that doesn`t include today`s case.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 15:25

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 15 Nov 12:53

Quote:

Quote:

I would imagine that will be challenged at every opportunity, legal costs trying to get this through are £1.5 million so far, that doesn`t include today`s case.

How? The Tories have a majority, they can chance the law by getting a bill through parliament and they will.
It`s a vote winner in England and they are getting desperate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 15:43

30p Lee sticking his neb in :-

Lee Anderson, the Tory Party deputy chairman, says the government should "ignore the laws" and send migrants who cross the Channel to Rwanda on the same day they arrive in the UK.

Describing the Supreme Court judgement as a "dark day for the British people", Anderson says ministers should "just put the planes in the air now and send them to Rwanda".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 15:46

That`s how low we`ve sunk as a country. An elected representative telling his colleagues to break the very laws they instigated. It`s alright, he`s got a side job as a GB News mouthpiece when he loses his seat.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 16:34

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Wed 15 Nov 15:25

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How? The Tories have a majority, they can chance the law by getting a bill through parliament and they will.

Are they not breaking the European Court of Human Rights if they push ahead?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 16:57

They will vote to leave it LA so not to be accountable

This is a bit long winded and dated but a good read never the less :-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/03/how-conservative-party-changed-to-survive-brexit-purge

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 17:46

Flagship Policy .. Oh deary deary me Sinking ship would be more apt :-

Rishi Sunak says he will introduce emergency legislation on the Rwanda asylum plan, after the Supreme Court ruled the scheme was unlawful

The prime minister says the legislation will "confirm Rwanda is safe", after the court said there was a "real risk" people could be sent back to places they fled from

Sunak says change is needed to prevent the "merry-go-round" of legal challenges the government has faced over their flagship policy

Post Edited (Wed 15 Nov 17:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 17:50

Democracy thats turned into dictatorship by a bunch of crooks…..lets hope some Tory MPs have a bit of backbone and reject the proposals 🙄 highly doubtful though…what a state to be in!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 17:54

Quote:

Buspasspar, Wed 15 Nov 11:16

We have given Rwanda £140 million so far LA but the government will not disclose the final figure

I bet if they offered these people £69k to leave of their own accord, they`d jump at the chance - thereby saving the taxpayer £100k per illegal immigrant. 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 17:57

The PM says the government has done more in the past year to tackle illegal migration than any government has done in years.

He says the numbers of people coming here this year by small boat are down by a third - and there have been new deals with half a dozen countries.

All this is while the numbers in Europe are getting worse, he says. "We`re making strong progress," he says.

He says the new treaty with Rwanda is "virtually ready to go" and will meet the challenges from today`s ruling.

Parliament will then "have the chance to demonstrate unequivocally" that Rwanda is "safe for these purposes", he says.

These steps will clear the remaining barriers to us getting flights off, as planned, in the spring of next year, he adds.

The numbers are down by a third ??? .. No one has shown him the Graphs then !!

Also dont forget we have given France in excess of £184 million to stand and watch the boats leave :-((

Post Edited (Wed 15 Nov 17:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 18:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 15 Nov 17:54

Quote:

I bet if they offered these people £69k to leave of their own accord, they`d jump at the chance - thereby saving the taxpayer £100k per illegal immigrant. 🤔

That would simply encourage more people to come/not come.

They`ve made an absolute pigs ear of this. I get there are too many people arriving who potentially shouldn`t be, but why spend millions processing in another country rather than here? I`m sure there are plenty of places they could put a facility. If they`re determined it needs to be offshore then use Lundy. It`ll make zero difference to those determined to arrive here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 18:10

The point is that is not "Illegal Immigration "
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 18:18

7 No confidence letters in .. Only another 46 to go .. Mon the letters

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 21:06

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 15 Nov 16:34

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Wed 15 Nov 15:25

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are they not breaking the European Court of Human Rights if they push ahead?

They`re talking about coming out of the ECOHR,
They`re going to end up a pariah state.

Not good for Scotland long-term if they leave the European Court
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 21:56

And forget about the GFA? Doubt it.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Nov 22:45

Quote:

buffy, Wed 15 Nov 21:56

And forget about the GFA? Doubt it.

You really think the Tories care about peace in Northern Ireland?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Nov 11:06

Quote:

Buspasspar, Wed 15 Nov 17:57

The PM says the government has done more in the past year to tackle illegal migration than any government has done in years.

He says the numbers of people coming here this year by small boat are down by a third - and there have been new deals with half a dozen countries.

All this is while the numbers in Europe are getting worse, he says. "We`re making strong progress," he says.

He says the new treaty with Rwanda is "virtually ready to go" and will meet the challenges from today`s ruling.

Parliament will then "have the chance to demonstrate unequivocally" that Rwanda is "safe for these purposes", he says.

These steps will clear the remaining barriers to us getting flights off, as planned, in the spring of next year, he adds.

The numbers are down by a third ??? .. No one has shown him the Graphs then !!

Also dont forget we have given France in excess of £184 million to stand and watch the boats leave :-((

Your last sentence would be hilarious if Sunak was footing the bill instead of the taxpayers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Nov 11:09

Quote:

jake89, Wed 15 Nov 18:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 15 Nov 17:54

Quote:

That would simply encourage more people to come/not come.

They`ve made an absolute pigs ear of this. I get there are too many people arriving who potentially shouldn`t be, but why spend millions processing in another country rather than here? I`m sure there are plenty of places they could put a facility. If they`re determined it needs to be offshore then use Lundy. It`ll make zero difference to those determined to arrive here.

It was a whimsical post rather than a serious proposal, Jake. Only some of our esteemed MPs would think that idea had some traction. 😀

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Nov 23:39

Whimsical but not a terrible suggestion, GG.

To me the whole Rwanda thing is a nonsense to try and discourage people from trying to come here illegally or claim asylum. The Tories know it won`t work but it doesn`t need too. Anything that suggests a hardline stance is enough.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Nov 09:19

Mrs Braverman said a new treaty was "magical thinking" and would not solve "the fundamental issue" - that the UK`s highest court had decided there was a risk Rwanda could return asylum seekers to countries they had fled from, putting them at risk of harm.

In its ruling, the Supreme Court said there were "substantial grounds" to believe those deported to Rwanda could be sent back to places where they would be unsafe.

Mrs Braverman said the PM`s proposed legislation should ignore "the entirety" of the Human Rights Act and the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), as well as other relevant international obligations including the Refugee Convention.

She is a lovely Lady

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Nov 10:20

Meanwhile down Souf!

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/public-interest-reveal-full-cost-of-bibby-stockholm-barge-now-home-office-says-2676762?ito=twitter_share_article-top
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Nov 08:25

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 17 Nov 10:20

Meanwhile down Souf!

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/public-interest-reveal-full-cost-of-bibby-stockholm-barge-now-home-office-says-2676762?ito=twitter_share_article-top

Absolutely disgraceful. Let the public decide if it`s in our interests. We all know that`s a barefaced lie, but presumably, we`re powerless to do anything about it?

Why not take it to the Supreme Court?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Nov 09:23

I think its very much in our interest to see how much this incompetent bunch have squandered .. The total will be staggering unfortunately :-((

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Nov 10:53

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 18 Nov 09:23

I think its very much in our interest to see how much this incompetent bunch have squandered .. The total will be staggering unfortunately :-((

There must be billions flowing out of the public purse into the hands of unscrupulous businessmen, the tories friends and donors. I don`t see Douglas Ross worrying about the public finding out the details of that though, he`s still wanting to find out about the piddling 11k roaming charge
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Nov 13:35

Billions lost in corruption 2020 - 21 wonder whose pockets that went into?🤔🤬🤬🤬

The Public Sector Fraud Authority (PSFA) – established last year in response to concerns about fraud during the COVID-19 pandemic and the lack of a coordinated response – has a broader estimate that includes both fraud and error but excludes expenditure specific to the COVID-19 pandemic. It estimates that in 2020-21 there was between £33.2 billion and £58.8 billion of fraud and error in government spending and income unrelated to the pandemic.2 This is out of £1,106.1 billion of expenditure and £608.8 billion of HMRC tax income.

Post Edited (Sat 18 Nov 13:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Nov 17:12

And there`s more, not a mention of an iPad!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/fury-tories-waste-100bn-taxpayers-31473385#google_vignette
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Nov 18:00

Link not working LA .. But I suspect it is the same as this :-

The Tories blew £100billion in four years, says a report. The waste, most while Rishi Sunak was PM or Chancellor, was branded “disgraceful” by campaigners revealing it ahead of the Government’s Autumn Statement.

Nearly £100billion of taxpayers’ cash has gone down the drain on Rishi Sunak’s watch, says a study. An average of £25billion was wasted every year since the 2019 election – almost all when he was Chancellor or Prime Minister, claim campaigners.

The Best for Britain group’s round-up of “crony contracts”, “duff deals” and “outrageous outgoings” includes £140million thrown away on the Rwanda migrants deal, which was ruled unlawful by the Supreme Court last week.

Chief executive Naomi Smith said: “The notion the Tories are safe with money has been blown out of the water. It’s disgraceful the Government continues to squander public money while so many struggle to feed their families and heat their homes.”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 11:09

👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Nov 20:08

Who`s next ? .. From Aunty :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-67502561

Bit of uncertainty but if true .. Who`s next ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Nov 09:49

With HMRC investigating Camerons financial involvement with Greensill its starting to unravel!🤔😲🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Nov 18:36

Ach its all OK now .. he did not say Stockton was a Sh1thole He said Alex Cunningham was a sh1t MP .. Mmmmmm .. 2 lies now how many more .. Maybe James isn`t so Cleverly :-

The home secretary has admitted he used "unparliamentary" language to describe a Labour MP, a close source has said.

James Cleverly had denied claims he called the Stockton North constituency a swearword in response to a question in the Commons from Alex Cunningham.

The source said on Thursday: "James made a comment. He called Alex Cunningham a **** MP. He apologises for unparliamentary language."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Nov 18:40

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 23 Nov 18:36

Ach its all OK now .. he did not say Stockton was a Sh1thole He said Alex Cunningham was a sh1t MP .. Mmmmmm .. 2 lies now how many more .. Maybe James isn`t so Cleverly :-

The home secretary has admitted he used "unparliamentary" language to describe a Labour MP, a close source has said.

James Cleverly had denied claims he called the Stockton North constituency a swearword in response to a question in the Commons from Alex Cunningham.

The source said on Thursday: "James made a comment. He called Alex Cunningham a **** MP. He apologises for unparliamentary language."

Thought they had the outburst recorded and analysed to confirm he said it?🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 23 Nov 18:43

Brave then Clever in the surnames of two of the most useless and unlikable politicians ever.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Nov 12:17

So calling a fellow-member a s**t MP is a lesser insult than calling his constituency a s**t-hole!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Nov 16:43

"Thought they had the outburst recorded and analysed to confirm he said it?🤔"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-67510795

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Nov 17:08

Was that clip censored by the BBC? You can`t see Cleverly, far less hear him!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Nov 17:19

It was from the BBC news website wee eck and like you I could not see or hear anything untoward

But Alex Cunningham is sure it was Cleverly and what he said

Cleverly lied at first then admitted it was him but said the sh1t word was directed at Cunningham not Stockton

Either way it was out of order .. Sack Him !!

Sunaks answer to the question :-

Responding at the despatch box to Mr Cunningham`s initial question about poverty, Rishi Sunak said: "It`s this government that has ensured that across our country 1.7 million fewer people are living in poverty as a result of the actions of this government."

Post Edited (Fri 24 Nov 17:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 25 Nov 14:20

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 23 Nov 09:49

With HMRC investigating Camerons financial involvement with Greensill its starting to unravel!🤔😲🤬🤬🤬

I`d be astounded if Cameron faces any kind of charges. If Mone and her husband can walk away scot-free from what they did he`s home and hosed in the Lords.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Nov 20:44

Here we go .. Our new Home Sec .. cannot string a sentence together .. heaven fekin help us :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67546752

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 16:31

The Home Office Flagship Policy !!! :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67567401

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 09:31

More of our money down the drain

Cleverly in Rwanda with another cheque book

James Cleverly is the third home secretary to roll up in Rwanda.
Home secretaries 3, migrants 0 on that score.

Priti Patel, the original author of the idea, did the trip. So too did Suella Braverman.
Now the turn of Cleverly.

Home Secretary James Cleverly, is in the east African country now to sign that treaty - we`ve heard in the last several minutes that he`s landed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Dec 19:28

Jenryk resigns.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Dec 19:40

More to follow methinks

Post Edited (Wed 06 Dec 19:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Dec 08:34

House of cards!🤔🙏
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Dec 19:11

So Cameron not happy that the First Minister had a meeting with another European leader without the presence of a UK government official!

Shame that nobody was there when Johnson was at his parties in Lebedovs Castle!🤔😲🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Dec 20:34

What a mess the Tory Party are in .. they all know they will be wiped out at the next G.E.

The Rwanda argument is tearing them apart .. and then I saw this from the Sunday papers

The unrest has reached such a level that some Tory MPs are considering trying to bring back Boris Johnson as prime minister, according to the Mail on Sunday.

Sources have told the paper that they want to create what it describes as a "dream ticket" - a leadership tie-up with Nigel Farage.

So there is still hope

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Dec 21:48

Much as I have little belief in Alba, surely it should be like shooting fish in a barrel for them right now? The options in Scotland are just as poor as England now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Dec 12:09

Buspasspar, Sun 10 Dec 20:34~#~The unrest has reached such a level that some Tory MPs are considering trying to bring back Boris Johnson as prime minister, according to the Mail on Sunday.

Sources have told the paper that they want to create what it describes as a "dream ticket" - a leadership tie-up with Nigel Farage.

Dream ticket? 😱 A fekkin nightmare would be be far more accurate. 😄😄😄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 11 Dec 20:04

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 11 Dec 12:09

Buspasspar, Sun 10 Dec 20:34~#~The unrest has reached such a level that some Tory MPs are considering trying to bring back Boris Johnson as prime minister, according to the Mail on Sunday.

Dream ticket? 😱 A fekkin nightmare would be be far more accurate. 😄😄😄

They`d fall out. Farage would want to use something more modern than Spitfires to strafe the boats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Dec 12:21

Ah well, was bound to happen!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/asylum-seeker-dies-on-bibby-stockholm-barge/ar-AA1lnqpP?ocid=socialshare
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Dec 12:54

Another U Turn .. thank goodness .. from Aunty :-

The Home Office has rowed back on plans to hike the salary needed to bring family members to the UK to £38,700 next spring.

The increase - from the current level of £18,600 - was announced earlier this month as part of a plan to lower legal migration.

But the new threshold will initially be set at £29,000, with further increases at unspecified dates thereafter.

Labour said the change showed "Tory government chaos".

Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said ministers had failed to consult properly on the new threshold, adding: "it`s no surprise they are now rowing back in a rush".

Ministers had been facing pressure over the issue in recent weeks, amid warnings the new visa rules would keep families apart.

The BBC also understands there were concerns that changing them all at once could leave the government more vulnerable to legal challenges.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net