DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 WASPI
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 11:01

Back in the news again, maladministration found, DWP refusing to accept and comply!😲😎👍
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: WASPI
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 11:26

Don`t hold yer breath LA :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68624420

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 11:28

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 21 Mar 11:26

Don`t hold yer breath LA :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68624420

Ian Duncan Smith and Opperman will be digging into this!🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 17:56

LA .. I noticed the figures of between £1000 and £2950 being branded as suitable compensation .. the Waspi`s are looking for £10000 .. Mrs BPP lost in the region of £36,000 .. many lost £40000 and more

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 18:48

Bpp, could you not have done the decent thing and paid Mrs Bpp £36k out of your pension? 😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 20:49

53 years married 27th of this month wee eck .. handed every penny over .. like my Dad and her Dad .. bless them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 21:42

Happy Anniversary to you both, Bpp!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 22:50

Thanks wee eck

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 08:57

Congratulations BPP, we celebrated our Golden Wedding last year.

My wife has lost near £50K having worked since 15yrs old, they say they cannot afford it, they spent the money they saved.

Look at the gold plated MP`s pension scheme and the money being paid to ex PM`s, some who only lasted days along with their appointed ministers?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 11:39

Aye LA they can find the money when they want to ..

50 years !! Mrs LA deserves a medal :-))

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 11:59

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 22 Mar 08:57

Congratulations BPP, we celebrated our Golden Wedding last year.

My wife has lost near £50K having worked since 15yrs old, they say they cannot afford it, they spent the money they saved.

Look at the gold plated MP`s pension scheme and the money being paid to ex PM`s, some who only lasted days along with their appointed ministers?

Ex PMs get 102k each year to pay for correspondence relating to their time in office
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 14:02

Tbh the UK pension is very poor and it`s apparent there`s a desire to push the burden onto employers. That doesn`t help if someone is on a low income or regularly unemployed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 14:10

Quote:

jake89, Fri 22 Mar 14:02

Tbh the UK pension is very poor and it`s apparent there`s a desire to push the burden onto employers. That doesn`t help if someone is on a low income or regularly unemployed.

Believe it`s the third poorest in Europe, still you cannot constantly be at war and pay high pensions.
I think Holland pays the highest rate at around 103% of their final salary.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 21:11

I think there are at least 5 separate, albeit related, issues here (leaving aside the remarkably durability of dotnetters’ marriages)

1 is the historical disparity between rates of pay awarded to women and men for doing the same job.
2 is the provision of state pensions for people who have chosen to act as unpaid carers or home-makers for much of their working life.
3 is the equalisation of pension ages between men and women to comply with sex equality legislation
4 is the increase in State Pension Ages to reflect massive improvements to life expectancy
5 is the failure to communicate the changes to 3 and 4 adequately.

I believe this report only deals with number 5.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 12:23

The greatest injustice was men getting their pension five years later than women, despite living on average five years less.
As for the WASPI’s saying they were stung..as a mere male I knew all about these
changes so why not them?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Mon 25 Mar 12:28

Funnily enough, many of these decisions regarding pension policy would have been made by male-dominated governments yet you still get the dinosaur Tory males like Parboiled that want to play the victim. You have to smile! 😂

How were women ever supposed to get to the same level of pension contributions as men when they have been systematically excluded from education and lifetime work until only a few decades ago? And even now it`s not totally equal. That whole ideology all eminates from a wee thing called Christianity and Canon Law, which we are finally on the verge of irradicating in Scotland.

Hoping that a British Government or a Tory does the morally right thing is always wishful thinking, so my bet is we`ll continue to see the usual initiation of institutional protectionism from DWP and all UK government bodies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 15:01

HJ you have exuded yourself..there were plenty of lassies in my class in the fifties decade and the staff in my sixties decade office were mostly female ….save your mince for Swedish meatballs.

Talking about mince, this subject cropped up in Holyrood today, a matter they have no influence over whatsoever

Post Edited (Tue 26 Mar 15:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 17:26

What you`re missing Parboiled is that traditionally women entered into low paid jobs like receptionist, typist, waitress etc before giving up work for a good few years to have kids then go back part-time or not at all. That`s still often the case today but things are a lot more even, thus the move to have a consistent retirement age.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 18:53

Women on lower pay doing the same job as males.

Not allowed to join pension schemes because they would probably leave to have family.

Not considered for promotion because of the same reason.

Not allowed to sign credit agreements, had to be the male in the house.

Males having their stamp paid to 65yrs of age if retired/unemployed at 60yrs of age.

This was Thatchers way of fiddling unemployment figures!

Working from 15yrs of age as the majority of females never entered university.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Mar 09:38

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 26 Mar 15:01

Talking about mince, this subject cropped up in Holyrood today, a matter they have no influence over whatsoever

It was brought up because Sarwar and Baillie were shown backing the WASPI women in various photoshoots.
Since the PHSO decision they have been remarkably quiet, in fact silent, some may think that Labour head office had instructed them to do so?

I also see they voted with the Tories for the reintroduction of tuition fees!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Mar 09:42

Quote:

Parboiled, Sun 24 Mar 12:23

The greatest injustice was men getting their pension five years later than women, despite living on average five years less.
As for the WASPI’s saying they were stung..as a mere male I knew all about these
changes so why not them?

I am sure the Ombudsman would be interested in how you knew about the age equalisation as in the report he states the changes were not communicated properly?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Mar 10:21

Sunak saying vote Tory and he will keep the triple lock

Lord Willetts, a former Tory MP, told i the lock, introduced in 2010, was “funded by the speeding up of the pension age”.

He said the Government decided to bring forward the increase in the state pension age for women to help pay for the policy, adding the “precedent and evidence so far” indicates that keeping the triple lock makes it likely the retirement age could be increased further.

This means it may have to rise to 68, sooner than 2044, its current estimated increase. It will rise to 67 by the end of this decade.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Mar 11:16

Age was increased so Osbourne could rake in the subsequent proceeds, he even admitted it in one of his speeches!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Mar 16:58

It will rise as long as life expectancy rises. In a twist of fate, it`s the toffs in the south east who will get more out of this "benefit" than some poor person in Glasgow due to the vast difference in life expectancy. I haven`t looked recently but I don`t think 68 is too far off the average male life expectancy in parts of Glasgow.

Just checked and average life expectancy in Calton is 67.8 years!

Post Edited (Wed 27 Mar 16:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 19:19

They have been shat on and all these labour, liberal, and tory politicians who promised support will need to justify these fibs at the GE.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 13:57

An explanation of how the NI fund went down the plughole!🤬

https://davidhencke.com/2018/06/05/the-downing-street-state-pension-robbery/

But still had enough money to pay MALES their NI contributions if they stopped working at 60yrs of age!

This was the way that Thatcher fiddled the unemployment figures!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 14:55

Good read LA ..thanks

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net