DAFC.net
Home 30 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Euro 20024 thread pt2.
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 00:57

Original thread was getting a bit long.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Euro 20024 thread pt2.
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 07:52

OK, now that most of the diddy teams have returned home (England are still hanging in there),😀 who do you think will win the Euros.

Spain have been the pick of the group stage, but I think Germany will find a way to beat them - probably on penalties,

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 08:18

England or maybe Italy if they can get past the Swiss. They have both started relatively poorly but so often in tournament football it`s about feeling your way into the competition and progressing while still having another gear to go into. Of course it could be that England, in the current set up, really just aren`t that good but they have some of the best players in the world and if it clicks for them then they can beat anyone.
As for Italy I wonder if in two weeks we`ll be looking back at how they were one minute from being knocked out in the group stage and now here they are retaining their title as champions.
Now there are better teams than England or Italy on the other side of the draw but they are going to have to go deep into their respective wells two maybe even three times just to make it to the final. Maybe that`ll mean they`ll be flying and supremely confident going into the final or they`ll be physically and mentally worn out.
I sincerely hope my prediction is wrong.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 10:54

Spain... Maybe 🤔

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 17:40

Great goal by the Swiss there-not sure how many passes they had in the build up? Dominating so far.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 17:46

Yeah forget what I said about Italy. They are miles off it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 18:08

Two nil now to the zip and it`s been a bit of an embarrassing performance so far from the defending champs.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 18:25

We gave the Swiss a harder game than this.They can knock the ball about nicely though.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 18:41

Not sure how Scotland got a draw

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 18:48

Neither was I but we did hit the post and gift them a goal although Shaqiri took it well.

This has to be one of the worst Italian teams in recent times, though.In saying that they haven`t been to a World Cup since 2014 which seems strange to say.

Post Edited (Sat 29 Jun 18:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 19:32

Italy were dire .
Not sure why.
They looked pretty decent in the group stage.
Maybe just a bad day at the office.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 20:38

German game paused as an electrical storm rages overhead. Germany might be glad because they`ve been a bit powderpuff up front so far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 20:52

I think they`ve looked dangerous tbh

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 22:02

What has happened to the beautiful game ? We are now using a snickometer to determine if the ball has hit a finger ?

You have to feel for Denmark. The ball didn’t even deflect using the naked eye

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 22:12

Quote:

widtink, Sat 29 Jun 19:32

Italy were dire .
Not sure why.
They looked pretty decent in the group stage.
Maybe just a bad day at the office.

I had to read this a few times just to check it wasn`t some kind of post-modern poetry
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 22:57

The Swiss are nothing spectacular, just well organised, no superstars, tactically astute with a good manager, everything that Scotland were not. What an opportunity we missed in this competition. I really think that we should bring in a foreign coach. Bertie Vogts had no chance at the time but with the current crop of players I think we could do a lot better. Mogadon man Clarke had had is day…..hopefully..

Why are Italy so bad these days ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 23:19

Quote:

desparado, Sat 29 Jun 22:57

The Swiss are nothing spectacular, just well organised, no superstars, tactically astute with a good manager, everything that Scotland were not. What an opportunity we missed in this competition. I really think that we should bring in a foreign coach. Bertie Vogts had no chance at the time but with the current crop of players I think we could do a lot better. Mogadon man Clarke had had is day…..hopefully..

Why are Italy so bad these days ?

No superstars but players from leverkusen, Man City, inter Milan, dortmond, Newcastle

An extremely talented and well organised team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 23:54

Agreed Raymie I`m sick of it and I had money on Germany tonight.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 07:35

Italy were absolutely woeful. Very few players good enough to wear the shirt. The only consolation for ABE fans is that Switzerland will be stiffer opposition for England than Italy would have been.

Some guy said so on the radio - he made no mention of Iceland - I mean Slovakia. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 30 Jun 07:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 08:03

Italy were terrible, they looked like a team that had never played together before, and in fact probably haven`t. Spalleti made 6 changes from the previous game and he had also shuffled the pack in the other group games. The Swiss on the other hand have had a consistent group of players for a while. I`d say there is very little difference in the individual quality of the players.

The German penalty was ridiculous and the offside so so tight. You can`t eliminate the subjectiveness of handball and other decisions, let the on-field officials makes decisions and just get on with it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 08:33

Hopefully Arsene Wenger manages to push through his proposed amendment to the offside rule because to have a goal disallowed for a toe being offside is ludicrous. The handball decision was a joke. Innocuous, accidental, unavoidable and at point blank range - I’ve said it all before. Application of the rules blah blah blah- then the rules are wrong- just plain wrong.

As for Italy- struggling to understand how a team that won the tournament, deservedly, only 3 years ago can become so insipid.

Post Edited (Sun 30 Jun 08:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 10:04

Quote:

1985Par, Sun 30 Jun 08:33

Hopefully Arsene Wenger manages to push through his proposed amendment to the offside rule because to have a goal disallowed for a toe being offside is ludicrous. The handball decision was a joke. Innocuous, accidental, unavoidable and at point blank range - I’ve said it all before. Application of the rules blah blah blah- then the rules are wrong- just plain wrong.

As for Italy- struggling to understand how a team that won the tournament, deservedly, only 3 years ago can become so insipid.

Agree with your thoughts but even if the new rule is introduced there are still going to be margin calls decided by millimetres.

VAR was supposed to enhance the game but it’s the only thing it’s done is ruin it.

I’d like to see a time limit introduced on VAR calls, 30 seconds. If a decision can’t be reached then the on field decision applies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 13:03

I wonder if they could have some kind of tolerance applied to offside decisions by VAR?

So on field decision can only be overruled if it`s wrong by (?) 5cm.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net