DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 US Presidential election
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 3 Nov 20:45

I must admit I haven.t taken much interest in the nuts and bolts of US Presidential elections until this year and every day seems to throw up another anomaly. For example, each state seems to have its own approach to counting postal votes. Some start counting them before polling day, some start on polling day but before the polls close and some don.t count them until all votes have been cast and the polls are closed.

I.ve also learned that for the majority of the electoral colleges all their allocated votes are assigned to whoever wins the popular vote in that state but Maine and Nebraska assign their electoral college votes in proportion to the popular votes cast in these states.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: US Presidential election
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 3 Nov 21:23

I was looking at this earlier and was also struck by the process in Maine and Nebraska which I was unaware of until today. However, from what I read (it was just Wikipedia) it seems the case that these states don.t assign votes in proportion to the percentage of votes cast in those states, but rather each administrative region gets one vote with the remainder going to the winner of the combined vote covering all administrative districts.

I.d also never heard of the phrase .faithless electors. before today. These are members of the electoral college who don.t vote as they are meant to do. It seems a bit odd to have a system that allows this to happen, though, as our own general election process shows, they are not alone in having bizarre and anti-democratic electoral systems.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Tue 3 Nov 21:44

Does anyone want trump to win

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 00:23

Quote:

dave67, Tue 3 Nov 21:44

Does anyone want trump to win

I dont want Biden to win...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 02:27

I think Nebraska and Maine give one Electoral College vote to the winner of each congressional district, with the remaining 2 to the overall winner of the popular vote in the state.

I think the number of EC votes each state has equals the number of Representatives it has in the House of Representatives plus the number of Senators in the Senate (so 2).

The District of Columbia gets the 3 it would have had were it a state.

The number of Representatives is roughly proportional to the population - I think they use a similar method to that used to allocate seats on the list at Holyrood.

Voters in Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands get a vote in the primaries, but not the election.

The concept of Faithless electors is bizarre - it seems to be becoming more common, with people becoming one as a protest. Presumably if the election were close they would be more faithful. I guess the equivalent would be (to use the last UK Election as an example), people who wanted Corbyn to be PM electing a Labour MP then them not taking the whip once they got to Westminster.

Of course, there are lots of other candidates (the Libertarians and the Greens usually run) but generally it makes no odds. Occasionally, they can make a difference - I think Nader may have cost Gore the election back in 2000 (that and the dimpled chads).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 08:16

Looks like I was wrong!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 08:28

If Trump does win, and it’s close, then I will have under estimated the American people - even thicker than I thought

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 08:36

My boss and most of my colleagues are going to be distraught.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 08:36

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 4 Nov 08:28

If Trump does win, and it’s close, then I will have under estimated the American people - even thicker than I thought

Hardly thick. In the "rust belt" areas he's brought jobs back. At the end of the day, people need jobs.

That said, he is like a child.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 08:42

I hadn't realised there was so much of a difference in the way votes were counted and there is likely to be a majority for Biden in the uncounted postal votes in Pennsylvania. Hopefully its a big enough swing to push it Bidens way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 08:52

Biden needs 50 more and Trump 63 more to win

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 08:57

Right now it looks like a Trump win but it really depends on the likes of Pennsylvania.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 09:14

Quote:

jake89, Wed 4 Nov 08:57

Right now it looks like a Trump win but it really depends on the likes of Pennsylvania.

Trump is something like 650,000 votes ahead...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 09:34

That had me depressed as well until I saw there were still about 1.7 to 1.8m votes still to count and Biden has been winning 78.4% of the absentee votes. If he continues at that ratio he has a chance.

Post Edited (Wed 04 Nov 09:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 09:53

Biden still alive. Wins hawaii for 4 electoral votes, and has just gone 10,000 up in wisconsin, having been 100,000 down....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 09:53

Supposedly there is something in US elections called the Red mirage where it often looks as if Republicans are going to win as their rural votes are more quickly counted but when the greater number of urban votes are tallied up the democrat eventually wins out. I personally hope that is the case in Pennsylvania.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 09:55

Yep. It looks like a 270-268 win for Biden now. We will see how Trump deals with that!

I really thought it would be an easy win for Biden, but I obviously misunderestimated a lot of people.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 10:04

I think Biden can still reach 270 without Pennsylvania so there is still hope.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 11:21

What kind of mindset does it take to claim victory AND fraud?!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 11:42

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 04 Nov 11:21

The Donald trump mindset

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 11:53

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 4 Nov 11:21

He knows the postal vote will win it for Biden.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 11:53

🤬

Post Edited (Wed 04 Nov 11:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 12:24

Biden is now 1/3 with the bookies.At differing points throughout the night you could get 3/1 on both of them!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 12:28

Trump is an embarrassment to the American People

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 12:49

And Biden isn.t Brian? He makes error after error every time he makes a speech! The touchy feely stuff with women is very uncomfortable to watch also. If these two are the best America has to offer then it is very worrying. Both absolute screwballs! It would be funny to see Trump win though, due to the fact that the media and celebrities are constantly telling American people to vote Democrat. The democrats have apparently spent £500m on campaigning! That.s unbelievable, especially with so many people struggling for money during this pandemic.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 13:03

Trump looks well ahead in Alaska worth 3, Georgia worth 16, Michigan worth 16, North Carolina worth 15 and Pennsylvania worth 20. 70 votes from those puts him on 283, and over the line.

Assume though there are lots of democratic postal votes still to count which can change things.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 13:40

Biden is about 25k down in Michigan with around 500k to count and is winning 70% of the postal vote there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 13:44

"Assume though there are lots of democratic postal votes still to count which can change things." over 1 million mail in votes to be counted in Pennsylvania alone and in some states posting a 80/20 majority in the Democrats favour on mail in votes.

NV, WI and NC go Biden while PA, MI, GA and AK go Trump would give us a 269/269 tie

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 13:49

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 04 Nov 13:44

"Assume though there are lots of democratic postal votes still to count which can change things." over 1 million mail in votes to be counted in Pennsylvania alone and in some states posting a 80/20 majority in the Democrats favour on mail in votes.

NV, WI and NC go Biden while PA, MI, GA and AK go Trump would give us a 269/269 tie

What happens then? a falls count anywhere match to determine the winner? 😂

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 14:04

Apparently if it did happen then Congress elects the President on 1 state 1 vote and the Senate elects the VP.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 14:05

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 4 Nov 13:40

Biden is about 25k down in Michigan with around 500k to count and is winning 70% of the postal vote there.

Biden now 1,000 up!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 14:20

Good news!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 15:02

Biden 1-6 now, and Trump 4-1....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 15:03

Quote:

RossF, Wed 4 Nov 12:49

And Biden isn.t Brian? He makes error after error every time he makes a speech! The touchy feely stuff with women is very uncomfortable to watch also. If these two are the best America has to offer then it is very worrying. Both absolute screwballs! It would be funny to see Trump win though, due to the fact that the media and celebrities are constantly telling American people to vote Democrat. The democrats have apparently spent £500m on campaigning! That.s unbelievable, especially with so many people struggling for money during this pandemic.

I don't know if the 26 women who have accused Trump of either rape or sexual harassment would see the funny side of him being re-elected but I guess winding up the media and celebs would be better than seeing him face the two civil cases he's got pending on that front once he loses the protection of the Presidency along with all the other cases he might have to face including two DAs investigations.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 16:02

Goood point. At least the ones claiming ballot box fiddling in 2014 had the decency to get thumped first!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 17:15

As has been said Biden is now heavy odds on to win. Even in Pennsylvania he is 1/3 to win.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 17:26

If you can find 1/3 take it! In to 1.19 on the Exchange now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 17:27

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 4 Nov 17:15

As has been said Biden is now heavy odds on to win. Even in Pennsylvania he is 1/3 to win.

I can't imagine losing the electoral college and the popular vote would stop Trump though. There will be fraud allegations, court cases, etc.....it'll take weeks or months to resolve. Definitely going to be worth watching...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 17:34

I have this vision of Trump being dragged out of the White House by his ankles

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:02

Trump demanding a recount in Wisconsin, which he is losing by the tiny margin of 20,000 votes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:09

I can understand that I think every politician would do the same in that scenario.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:39

Wonder If Trump loses what the odds of a no deal brexit are now LPF ? can you find out ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dander par  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:44

No wonder I kept getting attacked my coronavirus views . So many Biden fans on here . Joe Biden who has taken money from China for years . Campaign sponsored by George soros . Got dementia n mumbled through campaign . Now they have stopped voting as it’s clear as day there’s been serious fraud . Tut tut

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:44

Both are as bad as each other londonparsfan. I don.t know how much truth there is with Trumps sexual harassment charges but Biden has been visibly caught multiple times inappropriately manhandling women.

As I stated, if that.s the best America has to offer than its worrying times. A competent Democrat would have steamrolled Trump.

Post Edited (Wed 04 Nov 18:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:47

I fear that if Trump loses and he takes it to the Supreme Court, it will wind up many of his more volatile supporters and the USA will see sporadic, violent protests all over the nation.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:49

Quote:

RossF, Wed 4 Nov 18:44

Both are as bad as each other londonparsfan. I don.t know how much truth there is with Trumps sexual harassment charges but Biden has been visibly caught multiple times inappropriately manhandling women.

As I stated, if that.s the best America has to offer than its worrying times. A competent Democrat would have steamrolled Trump.

There are some creepy videos of him on YouTube and I actually don't really like him but he's not anywhere near the depths of Trump.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:51

If Trump.s team lost the pub quiz he would be claiming fraud. The guy has absolutely zero class.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 18:54

Quote:

Buspasspar, Wed 4 Nov 18:39

Wonder If Trump loses what the odds of a no deal brexit are now LPF ? can you find out ?

Just had a look and quite a few bookies have pulled a lot of their Brexit markets so there might be changes over the next few days but Smarkets has a market for Yes or No to a UK/EU Trade Deal by the end of 2020 and "Yes" is priced at 1.37 and "No" (deal) is priced at 3.15 so that particular market still expects some form of deal. Smarkets is smaller than Betfair so I'll keep an eye out for the market there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 19:02

They reckoned that Trump would go quietly if he had all legal cases against him dropped!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 19:37

Thanks LPF I read that Boris is waiting on the outcome and if Trump wins a no deal Brexit is the preferred outcome but if Biden wins then the will negotiate a deal ... speaks volumes methinks :(

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 19:50

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 4 Nov 19:02

They reckoned that Trump would go quietly if he had all legal cases against him dropped!

It sounds like he should be leaving in an orange jumpsuit!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 19:57

Quote:

dander par, Wed 04 Nov 18:44

No wonder I kept getting attacked my coronavirus views . So many Biden fans on here . Joe Biden who has taken money from China for years . Campaign sponsored by George soros . Got dementia n mumbled through campaign . Now they have stopped voting as it’s clear as day there’s been serious fraud . Tut tut

Or mibby they stopped voting because polling day was yesterday and not today you really need to stay off the glue for a wee bit chap it’s funny not one cheep was heard from trump about fraud and stopping the count until after he had won Florida funny how he only started on about that when it became clear it wasn’t going to go his way

ETA it’s no secret that trump needs to stay in office to avoid going to jail for multiple counts of rape and sexual assault hence why he will stoop to any level he can to try and win a second term

Come on ye pars ⚽️

Post Edited (Wed 04 Nov 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 20:14

It is incredible really that the most powerful nation on the planet cannot find a better candidate for POTUS.

Mind you look at the UK, with a lying, philandering, Incompetent, arrogant, dithering, corrupt, sociopathic buffoon “ in charge “.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 20:16

He has even fallen out with Fox News now. They say he has lost Arizona but he says he can still win it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dander par  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 20:33

MostAmerican tv companies are run by same people and really hate trump. They hardly gave him any airtime to put his points across. Put it this way it’s bad for the uk . No brexit n no trade deal . N most seem to think George bush is the man

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 20:47

You obviously haven't watched Fox news
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 20:52

Topic Originator: dander par
Date: Wed 4 Nov 20:33

MostAmerican tv companies are run by same people and really hate trump. They hardly gave him any airtime to put his points across. Put it this way it’s bad for the uk . No brexit n no trade deal . N most seem to think George bush is the man

Almost all newspapers and TV stations are vehemently against SNP yet it does not stop you from regurgitating some of their fake anti Scot gov news...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 21:06

Desperado, it wouldn.t be up to Trump anyway as far as trade deal goes. The Democrats have the majority in the lower House and they would have to approve any trade deal the president puts to them.

Eta, apologies Despy, I didn.t notice you were quoting Dander

Post Edited (Wed 04 Nov 21:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 21:34

Quote:

dander par, Wed 4 Nov 20:33

Biden getting voted in is far better for the UK.

He is going to rejoin the WHO and try and lead a more globalised response to the pandemic.

He is going to rejoin the Paris Agreement and get the US on board with their climate obligations.

He is going to re-engage with Nato.

He's going to rejoin the Iran nuclear deal.

He's going to reduce support for the Saudi led war in Yemen that has killed over 5,000 civilians.

He'll apply political pressure on our muppets to abide by the Good Friday Agreement and he knows the wee scroat leading us is Trump light.

All the above is good for the UK.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 21:41

At the end of the day, I’m just pleased there will be a better human being as president
I hope Trump gets his just desserts

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 21:43

Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks
Date: Wed 4 Nov 21:06

Desperado, it wouldn.t be up to Trump anyway as far as trade deal goes. The Democrats have the majority in the lower House and they would have to approve any trade deal the president puts to them.

Eta, apologies Despy, I didn.t notice you were quoting Dander

No worries but I wish I had not wasted 15 seconds of my life responding to a chube....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 22:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 4 Nov 18:47

I fear that if Trump loses and he takes it to the Supreme Court, it will wind up many of his more volatile supporters and the USA will see sporadic, violent protests all over the nation.

Violent protests would happen no matter the result tbf

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 22:24

He has lost the plot now, claiming states that are still counting.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 22:33

Now?? 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 23:32

Biden just needs Nevada now. He is only winning by 8000 votes with 25% still to count. Squeeky bum time. If he loses Nevada Trump will likely get back in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 4 Nov 23:36

[At the end of the day, I’m just pleased there will be a better human being as president. I hope Trump gets his just desserts.]

That about sums my feelings up too, Raymie. The world seems just a little bit more pleasant today.

:)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 00:16

Not correct. He could still win Georgia and Pennsylvania but he is pretty likely to win Nevada which will give him the 6 he needs

Start packing, Trump. Maybe his wife is already packing his bags?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 00:20

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 4 Nov 23:32

Biden just needs Nevada now. He is only winning by 8000 votes with 25% still to count. Squeeky bum time. If he loses Nevada Trump will likely get back in.

Biden has closed 350,000 votes in Pennsylvania today and there are still 12% of the vote to go with a heavy lean to Democrat votes in the remaining count. Democrats at 1.2 to win Pennsylvania.

Not too far behind in Georgia as well. The markets have them Dems a very slight favourite to swing it on the postal votes there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 00:22

To add Dems are 1.11 to take Nevada.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 10:02

Another major difference between US and UK elections is the way results are declared. Here is an explanation of the US way taken from the Guardian :-

..One of the things with a US election is that it is a highly decentralised system, and until the Electoral College actually meets to vote until mid-December, we don’t have an ‘official’ result. In truth, those votes aren’t actually even properly counted until the Senate meets on 6 January. It probably made more sense as a system in the 1800s when news took a lot longer to travel.

It has become tradition that ‘decision desks’ make a call that states have been won by one candidate or the other when enough votes have been counted. States that are too close to call – like Nevada and Georgia are at the moment – are, well, literally too close to call...

The .decision desks. are media outlets. That explains why the Guardian, who take their results from Associated Press, are currently showing Biden ahead 264-214 whilst the BBC (not sure who they use) are showing a lead of 243-214. The difference seems to be Arizona and Wisconsin but there is now some doubt as to whether Biden will take Arizona.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 11:21

Thanks for that wee eck

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 11:58

Even though votes are in the millions I'm surprised how narrow the difference is between them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 18:49

There is still a fairly big gap in the votes nationwide. Nearly 4 million more for Biden.

We are just focusing on a few states where the gap isn.t too big at the moment and ignoring all the others where the gap is huge. Biden is over a million up in New York, and Trump is more than half a million up in a few of the incest states.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Nov 19:01

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Wed 4 Nov 22:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 4 Nov 18:47

Violent protests would happen no matter the result tbf

If Trump were to win, most of America's lunatic fringe would be quite happy and not have anything to protest about. I've no doubt there are some zoomers on the Democrat side, but they're nothing like as numerous as Trump's barmy army.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 00:29

Well, that was the most disgraceful speech ever by a president of the USA just now. This clown should be forcibly removed now and do everyone a massive favour.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 00:52

Is it only me that’s thinking does he realise he is talking out loud! WoW just caught his rambling!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 07:50

The concession speech by John McCain only 12 years ago. Seems like it belongs to another time with a display of such grace and class.

https://youtu.be/v5Mba8ncBso

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 08:28

He has certainly lost the plot

Stop the count

Voting fraud

He will sue every state that voted for Biden

Straight Jacked required NOW

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 08:53

Colbert gets it spot on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeSiJmLoJd0

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 10:02

Biden sneaked into a lead in Georgia with 90 per cent counted

Post Edited (Fri 06 Nov 10:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 12:03

In a nice twist, Trump supporters across the US say they no longer trust Fox News, presumably because they called Arizona in favour of Biden (possibly rather prematurely although it does look like he will win it)!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 13:23

According to the Beeb if Biden wins Georgia then Donald can.t get 270

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 13:37

That's true, but they could get to 269 each. Seems very likely that Biden is going to win with a clear margin now in any case.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 15:45

Recount in Georgia!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 16:40

Biden Ahead in Penny could be another recount :)

Post Edited (Fri 06 Nov 16:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 16:54

Quote :-
Topic Originator: wee eck
Date: Fri 6 Nov 15:45

Recount in Georgia!

Brook Benton ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 17:35

Automatic recount if the gap is less than 0.5.
Apparently in the past recounts have done little to change the final tallies.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 17:53

Why Bring the Italians into it Towk .... G.G. will get ye :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 18:27

Quote:

Buspasspar, Fri 6 Nov 17:53

Why Bring the Italians into it Towk .... G.G. will get ye :)

Aye, TOWK. Tallies should have a capital T.

Loved this quote from the Mayor of Philadelphia.

"Frankly, the President needs to put his big boy pants on and admit that he's lost."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 21:00

Wonder how bojo will manage his no deal brexit now he wont have his pal in the whitehoose

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Nov 22:33

The UK depended on him being back in.
They are all in cahoots
Farage, Bannon, right wing backers of the tories,
You name it.
The game is over but sadly the UK ecomony is going to go under.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 00:29

It didn.t matter if Trump won as it is Congress that has the final say on any trade deal and the Democrats control the lower House.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 16:36

Biden wins

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 17:06

Very pleasing. On one hand it would be incredibly satisfying to see Trump dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming but it`s not worth the damage to democracy that would signal. It is rather bile inducing to see and read the media in foreign nations, ruled by dictators, crowing about the so called demise of American democracy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 20:24

The next four years are going to be very boring after the Trump show. I hope there`s something to discuss.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 20:55

I'd imagine the next couple of months are going to be worth watching...there's no way Trump is going in a dignified fashion. Not in his DNA. I'd imagine there'll be recounts and court cases. Will he whip up the more radical nutters into violence? Hope not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 20:58

I know nothing about Biden

but surely anything is better than the embarrasment of Donald Trump ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 21:38

Biden has video and pictorial footage of him being rather... Creepy to young women. Frankly I wouldn't have him anywhere near the WH but he's nothing compared to Trump at least
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 7 Nov 22:16

No, Biden can be worse.
He is a smart politician and is far less offensive than Trump. Biden`s language is more moderate and befits a man who wants to lead a nation. Trump`s language was locker room bigotry from the off and he will not be missed. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
But Biden is a Wall Street man. What ever benefits the dollar he will do, whatever country the petro-dollar requires to be invaded. He is more dangerous, on the international stage, than Trump ever was. Like Trump, and Bush and Clinton before him, Biden was a draft dodger who will try to exorcise his guilt by being tough on military intervention to... don`t laugh... enforce democracy on failed states.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 00:19

Trump will not be going away. He will still be dominating the news cycles. It is just that the stories will now be focussed on what are likely to be his many fights to avoid court action, his ever-so-shaky marriage to Melania and the ongoing antics of his lunatic offspring.

He and his grotesque family are television gold. They are a ratings gift for the mainstream media.

Just like the Kardashians, The Trump Show will become totally inconsequential to our everyday lives, but it will still grab our attention.

Fortunately, Donald Trump will no longer have access to the nuclear codes.

But let`s not forget that there is still a couple of months to go to the climax of the current season...

:)

Post Edited (Sun 08 Nov 00:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 01:22

The next highlight will be seeing who gets and doesn`t get a presidential pardon before he leaves.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 03:08

I'm wondering if Trump will even stay until January.

I can see him resigning so that Pence can pardon him. Then he only has the NY State charges to face.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 08:32

Wouldn`t he have to have been convicted first though to receive a pardon? I suspect once he isn`t President if he thinks charges are looming he`ll be on the first plane to Moscow.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 14:15

No the President may pardon someone for any potential crimes they may have committed but have not been convicted of.

Its a whacky whacky system.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 14:49

That is bonkers mind you I vaguely remember something a wee while back about Trump potentially being able to pardon himself!
In other news I see his son, Donald Junior, is being lined up for a 2024 tilt.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 16:37

Ford managed to pardon Nixon before he had been charged.

Before this the convention had been that a President couldn`t (or rather didn`t) pardon folk for potential future convictions.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 18:07

His wife will be happy he’s lost. She’ll be out of it soon

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Nov 18:49

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net