Into The Valley: An East End OdysseyDate: Saturday, 13th Apr 2013
Into The Valley: An East End Odyssey is a fundraising book being written and self-published by fans of Dunfermline Athletic. Fundraising dinner takes place on the 20th of April with an Auction and Raffle.
Into The Valley: An East End Odyssey is a fundraising book being written and self-published by fans of Dunfermline Athletic.
The book covers the period 1996-2013 and over 50 ex-Pars players and managers have contributed to the project, including: Jim Leishman, Jimmy Calderwood, Jimmy Nicholl, Bert Paton, Stevie Crawford, Craig Brewster, Scott Thomson and many more. Everton manager, Davie Moyes has provided a foreword and Into The Valley is shaping up to be a comprehensive account of a triumphant and traumatic period in the club`s proud history.
1,250 copies of the book are being published and sold for £10 each. The release date is planned for June 2013. All funds raised will be used to assist Dunfermline Athletic. The publishing costs for this release are being covered mainly from the proceeds of a fundraising evening at East End Park on Saturday 20th April 2013.
As part of our fundraising we have the following items available via auction and raffle at our fundraising dinner which takes place on the 20th of April. Details of the items available and how to participate are shown below.
Auction (20 lots)
* Scott Wilson matchworn away top, squad-signed (yellow)
* Istvan Kozma signed Hungary top
* Norrie McCathie Testimonial Pars home long sleeved shirt (Davie Irons # 11)
* Norrie McCathie Testimonial Newcastle away shirt (TBC)
* Matchworn signed Barry Nicholson Fleetwood Town top
* Framed Pars home top, signed by squad inc. Nicholson, Calderwood, Nicholl, Brewster and more
* Manchester United home shirt signed by Wayne Rooney (with COA)
* Matchworn, signed James McCarthy Wigan top
* Matchworn Greg Shields long sleeved Pars top (squad signed)
* First Division Championship-winning ribbon and photograph signed by Bert Paton and Dick Campbell
* Gregor Abel tracksuit top (Umbro with his initials on the front and `Aluglaze on the back) & 2 signed club ties
* Richie Byrne long-sleeved European match-prepared shirt (red and black)
* Signed Craig Gordon goalie gloves
* Squad-signed, matchworn Scotland rugby top
* Matchworn, signed Marco Ruitenbeek goalie top
* Pars black and red away top signed by 25 legends
* Irn Bru SFL ball, signed by 25 legends
* Cruyff signed Ajax top (donated by Blaze Hairdressers)
* Noel Hunt signed, matchworn Reading top
* Callum Woods matchworn, signed Pars longsleeved top
If you cannot attend the auction in person to bid, you can submit a commission bid with Into The Valley. Commission bids will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 2300 hours on Friday 19th April 2013.
Commission bids are the maximum amount up to which the auctioneer may bid on your behalf. They will be executed at the lowest possible price having regard to competing bids. If two buyers submit identical commission bids, the auctioneers will give preference to the first bid received.
Commission bids may be made via email to: email@example.com
Raffle (36 lots)
* Signed (x 10) 1961 Scottish Cup-winning team photograph
* Collection of signed football memorabilia (2 signed Southampton pics, signed Ipswich Town programme, signed Tim Howard pic)
* Framed DAFC `Dream Team` presentation (donated by Gav - lovely item)
* Squad-signed First Division champs photo
* Richie Byrne`s signed, matchworn Nike Mercurial boots
* `The Complete Poems & Songs of Robert Burns` book, signed by the First Minister, Alex Salmond
* `A Shirt Box Full of Songs` book, signed by Barbara Dickson
* `Hibs Boy` book, signed by Andy Blance
* Pars home top signed by Toploader
* Athletic Club Bilbao home top
* Match-prepared, squad-signed `Harris 55` long-sleeved away top
* Paton and Campbell signed photo with First Division trophy
* 3 x Petrie Testimonial programmes
* Framed, signed Scotland top
* One night dinner, bed & breakfast at the Pitbauchlie
* The Big Black & White book, signed by 11
* Alhambra Theatre poster for the cancelled event, `Pars Cup Heroes`, signed by 11
* Signed Dumbarton top
* Signed Pars balls x 4
* Signed Alloa ball
* Signed Hibs ball
* Signed Cowdenbeath ball
* Squad-signed Cowdenbeath home top
* Bottle of Cowdenbeath whiskey
* Woodrow`s Pars 1991-92 calendar, signed by 16 ("To Paul Dykes, Best Wishes...")
* 2011-12 championship-winning photograph, signed by 22
* Sheffield Wednesday squad signed top
* Pars-style jewellery
* Signed Sale Sharks top
* Matchworn, squad-signed Raith Rovers long-sleeved top
* Squad-signed Pars home top
Raffle tickets cost £5 each and can be bought by sending £5 via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org Your name will then be entered into the draw which will be made by Jim Jeffries on the 20th of April.
For more information please use one of the links below;
If you have any additional queries please e-mail email@example.com